Always in My Life Ch. 04

Story Info
A night at the pub....
3.2k words
4.64
22.2k
10
0

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/08/2022
Created 08/31/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi again,

Once again thanks to kayli1001 for editing. I hope you all enjoy this chapter :)

Always

Always In My Life Ch. 4

The pub was loud, crowded and hot. But Spencer kept me close, which meant I didn't get hit on once. It was actually kind of adorable that he was so protective, glaring at any guy that looked at me too long. I knew it was going to be a great night based on the mood Spence was in. He was very energetic and attentive.

Spencer guided me to the bar with an arm around my shoulder, telling the world I was his. I snuggled into his body and reveled in his protectiveness. People were pushing against us, trying to fight their way to the bar before us. Usually I hated being in that situation, having so many people touching me, pushing me and forcing their way into my personal space. But knowing Spencer was right there next to me, holding me, I didn't feel the usual anxiety.

"I'm having a beer," Spencer said directly in my ear, his breath fanning across my ear, cheek and neck, sending delicious shivers through my body. "Do you want something to drink?" he continued and leant down so I could answer him without yelling.

"Beer," I replied. He gave me an exasperated look. I always asked for beer but never told him which one. I knew it annoyed him, so I did it all the time. He continued to look at me expectantly while I smiled sweetly.

"Which one, Edie?" he finally asked.

I grinned at him. "Ummm....Pure Blonde," I told him. He nodded that he had heard and then turned to wait to be served. His arm had dropped from my shoulder but he was now holding my hand tightly.

He handed me my beer before kissing me tenderly on the lips. When his lips left mine he glanced over my shoulder towards the stage. I quickly glanced in that direction and saw that Jack's band was about to go on.

Spence led me to the back corner of the pub, where we had a great view of the stage but weren't surrounded by lots of people. He stood leaning against the wall and pulled me back against him. We listened to the whole first set with his chin resting on my shoulder and his fingers tangled with mine. The only time either of us moved was to sip our drinks. It was turning out to be a perfect night.

After the first set Jack came and had a drink with us. He was sweaty and looked really hot but I could see the excitement in his eyes. When he talked he talked really fast, like he wouldn't have enough time to get it all out. It always made me smile when I saw Jack giddy like that. He always seemed his happiest and most relaxed when he was playing.

Jack was in the middle of telling us a story about him and his brothers, when a really blonde and really chesty girl came up and wrapped an arm around Jack. It all seemed so natural, like she had done it a thousand times before. But as soon as Jack felt her touch he jumped and tried to step away from her.

"Hey, Jack!" the girl purred up at Jack, either ignoring Jack's attempt to distance himself from her or oblivious to it. "You guys were great as usual," she continued, her arched back slightly pushing out her already impressive chest. She really knew how to get a guy's attention.

I watched the scene with intense interest. I saw Jack take a breath and try to disengage himself from the girl's grip. "Thanks, Mandy," Jack replied carefully.

"I'm having a few friends over later. You should come," Mandy said, offering Jack a seductive smile.

"Umm, actually I have school in the morning so I'll be going straight home to bed," Jack replied. I could see how uncomfortable he was with this situation. Spencer was finding it funny. I could feel his body shaking with suppressed laughter.

Mandy's eyes widened and she pressed her body up against Jack. "I hope you don't have to go home to an empty bed," she purred, reaching up and stroking Jack's cheek. "You know I'd be happy to warm it up for you," she continued and pressed a lingering kiss to his lips.

I watched amazed that that women could be so forward. I couldn't believe she had just offered to have sex with Jack right in front of his friends. Some girls had no shame.

Jack looked mortified, as if he couldn't believe she was being so forward. She was so familiar with him, I wondered if she hadn't already slept with him. But, even so, that was no excuse to be so....slutty.

"No thanks, Mandy," he said politely as he gently pushed her body away from him. "I have to speak to Hunter," he said. He quickly disappeared into the crowd, leaving Spence and me with Mandy.

She stood studying us, but I knew she was really checking out Spencer. Not that I blamed her. Spencer was worthy of a lot of female attention. He was a hottie after all, but he was my hottie now. I glared at her when she finally met my eyes again, my eyes daring her to try something. She didn't. She just turned away from us with a shrug and went back to her friends.

"I don't envy Jack for a second," Spencer whispered in my ear as we watched her walk away.

"I thought it was every guy's dream to be offered no strings sex," I replied playfully, as I turned in his arms to face him.

"Baby, what she offered him had so many strings attached you couldn't distinguish where one began or ended," he replied. "Besides, Jack isn't into groupies anymore. He's grown out of it," Spencer continued seriously before pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Eww, why do you guys have to be so affectionate?" Jack's deep voice complained from somewhere beside us. I smiled as I pulled away from Spencer's lips. Obviously Jack had just disappeared into the crowd for a few minutes until Mandy also disappeared.

"Because he's so yummy, I can barely keep my hands to myself," I replied playfully as I stood close to Spencer.

"Oh yuck, Edie," Jack replied, wrinkling his nose as if I'd just made him suck a lemon. "You don't need to share those kinds of detail."

I laughed, and felt Spencer chuckle beside me. "You asked!"

"It was a rhetorical question," he replied, his face serious.

I looked him in the eye and then all three of us started laughing. Nothing had really changed. Jack and I could still joke around, except now Jack had more ammunition.

"Are you sure you're safe out here?" I asked, and let my eyes scan the room as if I was looking for someone. I leaned forward towards Jack like I was about to tell a secret. "The groupies might pounce again," I said with a grin.

"I think I see one circling," Spencer added. "Yep, she's coming in for the kill," he continued and nodded to a girl who was trying not to be noticed checking Jack out from behind.

"You're right, Spence. She's definitely about to pounce," I replied and grinned up at Jack. "You'd better escape now, Jack. This one might not be so easy to ditch."

"Shut up!" Jack chuckled. "I can't help that I'm so amazingly hot that I have girls wanting me," he replied haughtily.

"I'm sure your modesty is what draws them," I replied sarcastically.

"It's a lot of things, squirt," Jack replied. "I'm just totally irresistible to women."

Spence and I laughed. "Iresisted you."

"Yes, but you've been in love with this goofball since way before you met me," Jack said with a nod at Spencer, who pulled me a little closer. "You've never had eyes for anyone else," Jack continued.

"I guess so," I smiled.

"Here. I got you these," Jack said, handing me some drink cards. "Drinks are on me tonight," he grinned.

"Giving us your unwanted drink cards does not count as shouting us drinks," Spencer said.

"Sure it does." Jack shrugged. "I gotta go wow everyone again." He grinned at me. "Enjoy the show!"

"We always do, mate," Spencer said.

We stayed until the end of the band's last set, which finished after 2 a.m. It had been a fantastic night out. We drank more beer. Spence even danced with me. But I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was curl up in Spencer's bed and sleep. Spence must have been struggling with the late night too, because he spent the twenty-minute ride back to his place dozing on my shoulder.

"I had a good time tonight, beautiful," Spencer said softly once we were cuddled together in his bed. I was only wearing a pair of panties and one of his t-shirts, so I snuggled up to his body for warmth.

"Me too, Spence," I replied sleepily. "I always have a good time with you."

"Did you tell Jilly about the rape today?" he asked gently.

"Yes," I whispered, and tears that hadn't come when I was telling Jilly the story sprang into my eyes. "Spencer, he hurt me so much that I bled for two days after." I sobbed and buried my face into his chest.

"Oh, beautiful," he murmured and held me tightly. "I wish I could take that pain away from you," he whispered as he pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"You will," I replied softly and snuggled closer to him. "When we make love you will make everything better."

"That's a bit of pressure to put on a guy, bubs," he teased playfully.

"Jilly said that with you it would be beautiful, no matter what, because we love each other," I replied, and lifted my head to look at his face in the dark. I could only really make out the outline of his face

"I love you more than anything," he whispered, and leaned forward to capture my lips in a slow and soft way that would have made my knees weak if I had been standing up. "And when you decide you want to make love I will work my hardest to make it as enjoyable as possible for you."

"Thank you," I whispered and settled down beside him again.

"I would do anything for you, Edie," he said softly, as I allowed sleep to take me.

**************

The week went by fast and, soon enough, it was Friday afternoon and I was ducking out early to be at home when Beth arrived. She had texted me that morning to let me know she was on her way. She was driving from our hometown and it would take her about eight hours. I was really excited about seeing her and hanging out with her like we did when we were in high school.

When I got home I was surprised to find Beth stretched out on my couch reading. "Hey!" she said, looking up from her book.

"Bethy!" I squealed and jumped on her, hugging her fiercely. "I'm so happy you're here!"

"So am I," Beth laughed, hugging me back.

"How long have you been here?" I asked while sitting back on the couch.

"About half an hour," she shrugged. "I was going to surprise you by cooking dinner before you got home from work but you ditched out early."

"Sorry, hon," I laughed. "But Spencer and Jack have invited us over for a barbie, anyway."

"Urg!" she grunted at the mention of Jack. I tried to stop the amused smile from forming, but I must have failed because she glared at me. "Why couldn't you just invite Spencer over here? I don't want to see Jack on my first night here," she continued in a whine that made my smile widen. It was so cute how she got riled up just hearing Jack's name. "I really don't want to see him at all," Beth argued.

"C'mon, Beth. He's a great guy and one of my closest friends," I pleaded for her cooperation.

"Well, I'm only going to this barbeque to see my big brother," she huffed.

"Actually, while we're on the subject of Spencer, I have something to share so you're not surprised tonight."

"God, don't tell me I'm going to have to meet another one of his little girlfriends," she complained with a wrinkled brow.

"Well, he does have new girlfriend, but she's not like all the others," I replied. I shouldn't have been playing with her but it was just so much fun to mess with her. She had this quick temper that was fun to watch, and the best part of it was she was quick to forgive.

"How's that? No huge tits or low IQ?" Beth questioned.

I looked down at my modest chest and smiled. Well, my breasts obviously weren't a huge draw card. And my IQ was definitely higher than any of Spencer's previous girlfriends. "Well, I would hope you think I have a higher IQ than his other girlfriends" I replied haughtily.

"Why would your IQ have anything to do with the IQ of Spencer's new girlfriend?" Beth asked, totally missing the point. Then she looked at me and I smiled. I knew the exact second she realized I was Spencer's new girlfriend. Her eyes widened and I could swear her breathing stopped for an instant. Then she took a deep breath and launched herself at me. "Oh my god! Really?" she asked as she hugged me.

"I always knew I loved him but never dreamed he could love me too," I smiled, as we ended our hug.

"How long till we have to leave for the boys' place?" she asked.

"Umm..." I said, checking my watch. "About an hour."

"Okay, good. I want details," she demanded

So for the next hour we talked about the events that led up to Spencer and me finally getting together. I even spoke to Beth about the rape. She was mad that I hadn't told her about it, but understood that I was ashamed.

Later, we walked to Spencer's house arm in arm and talked about some of what was going on back in town, although I noticed she never talked about any boyfriends. In fact, I had never known Beth to have many boyfriends. She had boys that were friends but she never dated, at least not back home. She might have dated some in Sydney but I didn't ask. It wasn't my business.

Spencer must have been sitting in the front room waiting for our arrival because, as soon as we stepped up onto the porch, the front door flew open and Spencer jumped out to greet us.

"Peanut's here!" he exclaimed with a huge smile as he wrapped Beth up in a hug.

"Hey, Spencer," Beth smiled as their hug ended.

"Mmm...and there's my princess." He smiled and pulled me against his body and kissed my cheek. "I missed you," he said softly as I snuggled closer to him.

"Umm...okay, feeling like a third wheel!" Beth said with a dramatic sigh that made both Spencer and me laugh.

"Sorry, peanut," Spencer said as he gestured us inside. "Jack is out back manning the BBQ."

"Cool. Let's just hang out in here then," Beth said with a smile.

"Suck it up, Beth, and go say hi," I chided. She sighed but started out toward the back door anyway. "And be nice!" I called after her.

"I give it two minutes before she storms back in here calling him a jerk," Spencer smiled down at me. I laughed knowing it was true. "I missed you the last few days, beautiful," he said and dipped quickly for a soft kiss.

"Mmm... I missed you too, Spencer," I smiled as he ended the kiss and pulled me into a hug.

"I told you last time I was here not to call me that, asshole," Beth snarled as she walked back inside, slamming the door behind her. Spencer and I looked at each other and smiled. The fireworks had begun.

After the food was ready, we all sat around the living room talking while we ate. Well, Spencer and I talked to Beth and Jack while they pretended the other wasn't in the room. If it wasn't so frustrating for Spencer and me, it would have been amusing. I was secretly hoping Jack and Beth would get along better this visit, but of course I was disappointed. They scowled at each other or sniped. It was so frustrating.

At eleven, Beth was starting to show signs of exhaustion, so I decided it was time for us to go. I got up and gathered Beth's and my glasses and plates while her eyes drooped. She barely acknowledged Spencer and me as we moved around.

"What are you and Beth doing tomorrow?" Spencer asked as I quickly washed our dishes.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged. "Whatever it is you're invited, even if we just hang around the apartment." I smiled.

"Maybe we could have a sleepover?" he asked with a mischievous grin. While we had gone out to the movies during the week and met up after work a couple of nights, I hadn't stayed the night with him, or vice versa. I could tell he was missing spending the night as much as I was.

"I'll ask Beth if it would bother her." I smiled as we made our way back into the lounge to find Beth and Jack talking softly about Jack's class and school soccer team.

Jack was a primary school teacher. He taught grades five and six. He also coached the school's soccer team. Jack was a genuinely nice guy and it always amazed me that he and Beth could be so horrible together, although, at that moment, they were getting along. In fact Beth actually managed a sleepy smile as Jack told her about one of the team's goals.

He was using a soft, calming voice and it was obviously having an effect on Beth. She had stretched out on the couch since I had gotten up. She didn't seem to mind Jack at that moment.

"Thanks for the barbie, Jack," I said, as I approached them. "C'mon, Beth. Let's head home," I spoke to her softly and stroked her hair.

"Okay," she sighed sleepily.

"I'll drive you guys home," Spencer offered and then went to get his keys from his room.

"Don't be a stranger. Okay, kiddo?" Jack directed at Beth as we both got our coats on. I winced at hearing the nickname, knowing it was going to set her off. They were getting along so well, and then he had to go and say it.

"I told you not to call me that!" Beth snapped at him. I rolled my eyes. "Why do you always have to be such a dick?" she snarled, and walked out the front door and slammed it.

"I wish you wouldn't rile her up, Jack," Spencer said as he came back into the room.

"Whatever" Jack shrugged. "Night, squirt. I'll see ya later."