Amanda's Worlds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
imhapless
imhapless
3,672 Followers

"Many times."

"How many hours total would you say?"

"Forty six and one-half hours of actual clinical examination, and hundreds of other hours interacting with her in a wide variety of settings."

"Have you charged for these services?"

"No I have not."

"Why?"

"Because I find it the most interesting case in my more than thirty years of work in the field, and because I think that she can be helped. While she will never be what we consider 'normal,' in my opinion she can become a completely functioning single-personality member of society."

"Do you know what her birth name is?"

"With a 99% degree of certainty it is Amanda Watkins, and I would prefer to refer to her as Amanda during my testimony."

"Very well; does Amanda have a recognized disorder."

"Absolutely. Without question, Amanda has dissociative identity disorder , acronym 'DID', formerly called multiple personality disorder."

"What is DID?"

"DID is a mental illness that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, awareness, identity and/or perception. When one or more of these functions is disrupted, symptoms can result. These symptoms can interfere with a person's general functioning, including social activities, work functions, and relationships. People with DID often have issues with their identities and senses of personal history."

"Does Amanda have more than one identity?"

"In the very recent past she had three different personality states—sometimes referred to as "alters," each of which took control over her behavior at one time or another. Each alter had distinct traits, personal history, and way of thinking about and relating to her surroundings"

"What were her alters?"

"Amanda Watkins, Joan Greene, and Shirley Blomquist. The last two were married last names; in each case her last name was 'Catoctin' before she married."

"Were Amanda, Joan and Shirley aware of each other?"

"No, those alters were not aware of the other personality states and none of them had memories of the times when another alter was dominant."

"Do you have an opinion as to what caused her to develop alters?"

"An incomplete opinion, and I would consider it risky to her well-being to purse the cause any further than I have. As a child Amanda witnessed her father's murder, her mother's prostitution, her favorite teacher's death in a car wreck, and she herself was at least once sexually abused."

"What is her intellect?"

"She is extremely intelligent, which likely accounts for her success in a profession despite her alters, and her ability to survive to her present age of thirty two. I estimate her I. Q. to be 135-140, significantly higher than that of the average college graduate."

"Did she always have Amanda, Joan, and Shirley as her alters?"

"No. As best that I can determine at one time she may have had as many as six different alters to deal with different points and levels of trauma. Joan came on the scene shortly before she met Richard Greene and was molded in part by her interaction with him, and the same thing was true for Shirley and Eric Blomquist."

"I believe that earlier you said that in the recent past she 'had' three alters. Does that mean that she now has only one personality?"

"No. Jane and Shirley left after her breakups with her two husbands, both of whom have already been granted divorces. Amanda is still around, but the dominant personality is Jessica Jenkins. She somehow became imprinted with the officer who first arrested her and has visited her a number of times, Cathy Jenkins, and developed a personality that she believes is akin to Cathy Jenkins' sister."

"Is that unusual?"

"Highly unusual, if not unique."

"Who is she today?"

"I'm not sure. We'll ask her when she takes the stand later today. I suspect that she is Jessica. She was Jessica when we walked into the courtroom."

"Did Amanda, Joan and Shirley have distinct characteristics?"

"Absolutely."

"What were they?"

"When she had all three, Joan was a writer with a keen imagination who sold stories and novels to a variety of publishers, mostly on the subject of romance. She was kind and considerate, and enjoyed the many social functions she got to go to as Richard's wife over a period of seven years."

"Was she loyal to Richard?"

"Yes - Joan was, but Amanda and Shirley were not."

"Please continue."

"Shirley apparently developed to fulfill the need for a little more sexual excitement while not going to the extremes of Amanda - who I will deal with later. Although Richard was a good companion and provider, he had a relatively low libido and was conservative when it came to sex, and Joan's libido and interests conformed to his. As she was developing Shirley she met Eric. She fell for him hard because his sexual prowess was mind-boggling. As Eric's wife she was completely sexually satisfied and actually functioned as a part-time sex therapist for the three and one half years that they were married."

"How did she keep them separate?"

"Only because of unusual circumstances. Both Eric and Richard travelled much as part of their jobs, Eric as a long haul trucker of hazardous materials and in risky environments, and Richard is an International businessman. If they both were in town at the same time - which according to their schedules, which I have been able to obtain with a subpoena from the Court - in the year before Amanda's arrest Richard and Eric were in town together for only thirteen days; then during those days she was able to interact with both or be 'away' on business herself."

"How did Amanda fit in?"

"Amanda only surfaced when both Eric and Richard were out of town and Shirley had not had sex with Eric for a week or more. Amanda at this stage was highly promiscuous and enjoyed seeking out sex with multiple partners at the same time. It was as Amanda that she was having sex with two men when arrested by Officer Jenkins."

"Is Amanda the same now as at the time of her arrest?"

"No. She realizes that her behavior was risky, however if she does not develop a long term loving and sexual relationship - as Jessica - with another man in the near future, the old Amanda could return."

"How was she able to seamlessly slip from Amanda to Joan to Shirley - in fact I understand that she assumed all three alters at one time or another the night that she was arrested?"

"Normally stress, or a reminder of the trauma that caused DID in the first place, triggers the change from one alter to the other. However, in Amanda's case that does not appear to be the controlling issue, although it may play a part. Perhaps the most unique - from the clinical standpoint - situation with Amanda is that she is someone who was able to control the transitions in a manner that least impacted her life. This may be due in part to her high intelligence, but there are other factors that play a part and I hope that I will be able to work with Amanda in the future to determine what they are, both for reasons to advance the science of DID and to help Amanda."

"Now to the nitty-gritty and why we are here today, Dr. Brighton. In your expert opinion did Amanda have the mental ability to understand that she was a bigamist, or that she was likely receiving stolen property in the form of the sapphire necklace that she received on the night that she was arrested?"

"In my opinion, taking into account the decades of study and research relating to DID that I have done, and in view of the hundreds of hours I have spent with Amanda, she positively did not have the mental ability to understand that she was married to two men at the same time, or that her reward for the sexual favors she performed for three men the night that she was arrested possibly was stolen property."

With that the direct examination of Dr. Brighton ended. The judge asked her a dozen or so questions of his own; she provided perfect answers to each. The cross-examination by the assistant D. A. was perfunctory at best.

Amanda's attorney said "We would like to rest, Your Honor."

"Mr. Bigley; we still haven't heard from Ms. Watkins and Dr. Brighton as much as promised that we would."

"I think that we'll leave it as is, Your Honor," attorney Bigley slyly responded.

"Mr. Bigley - I assure you that it will help your case if I hear from Ms. Watkins, and with the D. A.'s concurrence will not consider anything that she says as self-incriminating. You do agree don't you, Ms. Phillipe?" the judge asked looking at the lead assistant D. A.

"Yes Your Honor," Ms. Phillipe replied after a short pause.

With that, Bigley, Brighton, two assistants, and Amanda conferenced. After about five minutes Bigley said "We would like to accommodate you, Your Honor, but respectfully request that Dr. Brighton do the examination."

"Does the D. A. object?" the judge asked.

"No, Your Honor," the lead assistant D. A. Phillipe said with a shrug.

"Proceed," the judge said.

As Amanda approached the stand all eyes were popping out. The judge may have been old, but he wasn't dead. No one could look at her and not think "WOW!"

"You know I don't believe in God," Amanda chuckled when asked if she would swear to tell the truth "So help you God."

"Do you affirm that you will tell the truth?" the judge gently asked.

"Sure," she replied with a smile.

"What is your name and age?" Dr. Brighton asked.

"Amanda Watkins, thirty two but more sexually energetic than any twenty one year old," she replied with a big grin, turning to look at the judge, and then I swear at me.

The judge barely suppressed a laugh. "Oh shit, this could be the number one reality T V show in the world," I mused.

"Amanda, have you ever been married?"

"No - haven't found the right guy yet, but I'm looking."

"Do you remember the night that you were arrested?"

"Yeah - sure, although I'm still not really sure why even now. I mean sex isn't illegal is it? I was just having a good time."

"Do you remember getting a sapphire necklace that night?"

"Yeah, sure. But the cops took it away from me and I haven't gotten it back yet." Then Amanda turned to the judge and said "Is that something that you could help me with your judgeship."

He smiled and said "We'll see."

"Why did you get that necklace?"

"Well, because according to Joey, Jack and Smitty - at least that's the names that they gave me - I was their best fuck ever. In fact when I had my thighs around Joey's waist and after I squeezed his cock so hard with my pussy that he popped like a balloon..."

"Uh, please, Amanda - there is no need to provide any details," Dr. Brighton interrupted, living up to her name since she was now "Bright" red.

"Uh...OK, just answering your question," Amanda quipped as she smiled at the judge. He returned her smile.

"Since that night, and working with me, have you had any sexual encounters with strangers?"

"No; I realize that that could be very risky, dangerous, behavior. However, I am getting horny and would like to meet someone. I recognize that guy who's the only one in the gallery from the night I got arrested; he's cute. If I fucked him it wouldn't be risky behavior would it?"

Now it was my turn to flush crimson and start sweating. "Why is my collar so fucking tight?" I wondered.

I was sure hoping that the examination was over. The judge, also slightly flushed, said "Unless the D A has any questions I don't need to hear any more."

Mercifully Ms. Phillipe replied "No questions, Your Honor."

"Then this matter is concluded. Let me see all attorneys and Dr. Brighton in chambers please."

After they left the only people in the courtroom were the bailiff, two female paralegals who worked for Bigley, me - and Amanda.

I was trying not to stare at Amanda when she started walking over to me. I was like a deer in the headlights, that is until she extended her hand and I made body contact with her.

"Hi, handsome. I'm Amanda. Who are you?"

"Hi...uh...hi...uh, I'm Ben Shaklee," I stammered.

"Why are you here, Ben Shaklee?" she asked, without letting go of my hand. "You're not a cop, are you?"

"No; I'm a reporter for the Chicago Tribune."

"Why is a reporter from the Trib here?"

I had a sudden moment of clarity. I honestly felt like a stream of sunlight came right into the courtroom and pierced my skull. I knew that my life would change that day. "Because our paper in general, and me in particular, find you the most captivating, sultry, phenomenal woman on the planet, that's why. Everyone at the paper - and especially me - wants to find out everything about you."

"Sultry, huh?" she giggled. "Is that another word for 'sexy'?"

"Actually, to me it means beyond sexy," I gulped staring into the deepest blue eyes I had ever seen in my life as sweat poured out of my palm, still held in her hand.

That was obviously the right answer. Amanda sat down next to me and we had a totally fun and animated conversation. The bailiff and the two paralegals were trying not to be obvious, but couldn't take their eyes off of us. The looks on the faces of the attorneys, Dr. Brighton, judge, and court reporter when they returned from the judge's chambers about twenty minutes later to the peals of laughter coming from Amanda and me, were priceless.

Dr. Brighton hurried over to us and kindly said "Amanda, could you please come back to our table now. The judge has something to say."

"Can Ben come to lunch with us afterward? He's a hot shot reporter for the Tribune" she asked.

"Uh...sure," Dr. Brighton meekly replied.

"Great," Amanda said, standing up, giving me a kiss on the cheek, and then hurrying with Dr. Brighton back to the defense table.

After an awkward silence the judge ruled.

"All charges against Ms. Watkins will be dropped, with the proviso that she continue consultations with Dr. Brighton on an out-patient basis and that she live with Dr. Brighton and her husband for the next six months or until Dr. Brighton determines that Amanda is usually Jessica Jenkins and that she is ready to live without any close supervision."

There were smiles and handshakes all around. I waited in the gallery hoping that in fact I would be able to go to lunch with Amanda and at least Dr. Brighton. I noticed a change in Amanda at the defense table. While still smiling, she seemed less animated and more subdued.

Bigley walked over to me with Ms. Phillipe - I never did get her first name, or his for that matter. "Mr. Shaklee, Ms. Phillipe and I want to make sure that you are completely familiar with your restrictions on what you report about this hearing."

I took the Consent Order out of my sport jacket pocket. "I assure you that I am familiar and will abide by them completely. I would rather die than do anything to hurt Amanda or the integrity of this proceeding, Mr. Bigley, Ms. Phillipe."

They both smiled and shook my hand.

Dr. Brighton walked over to me with Amanda right next to her, with a demure look on her face. "Mr. Shaklee..." Dr. Brighton started out.

"Ben...please," I replied.

"Fine if you call me Merilee."

"Deal, Merilee," I chuckled.

"Ben, I'd like you to meet Jessica Jenkins. I hope that you can join us for lunch."

As I shook Amanda's/Jessica's hand she got a big smile on her face. It was matched in brightness only by mine.

"Nice to meet you, Jessica," I replied. "I think that your outfit may be the nicest one I've ever seen."

"Why thank you, Ben. Merilee helped me pick it out. Everything Merilee does is with class and good taste."

Merilee chuckled.

"I have no doubt of that. Merilee and Jessica, I would love to join you for lunch on one condition -- it's my treat."

"How nice of you," Merilee said while Jessica nodded.

"So which McDonald's do you want to go to?" I asked trying to keep a straight face.

After a three second delay they both broke out laughing.

"Like I said, everything that Merilee does is in good taste - and her food is no exception. I was thinking more of Tru or Everest," Jessica chuckled, referring to two of the ten most expensive restaurants in downtown."

"I hope that my boss will approve my expense account," I smiled. "Everest it is," I continued, holding out my elbows for each of them to take one.

We got a cab, all sat together, me between the sexiest woman that I had ever been around in my life, and a woman that though she was old enough to be my mother exuded charm and understated sexuality. I was almost sorry when we got to the restaurant. The maître d took one look at my dining companions and gave us the best table in the house, with a view - forty floors up - of the entire city and Lake Michigan.

The luncheon was the best of my life. The conversation was stimulating, the humor dry and edgy at the same time, the food delicious, and the view - not only of the city, but of my table mates, one in particular - breathtaking.

Afterward, before I called them a cab for them to return to Merilee's condo and before I walked back to work, I sheepishly said: "I hope that I'll see you again," directing the comment to both of them in an attempt at subtlety.

"Ben, Jessica is going to go crazy living with my husband, dog, and me; we're way too boring. If she's agreeable I'm sure that she'd love to have a nice young gentleman like you take her out dancing once in a while," Merilee said with a smile.

"Merilee, don't be pushy," Jessica laughed while winking at me. "Besides, I need to get a job."

"Tell you what," I replied. Then looking directly into Jessica's deep blue eyes said "Let me pick you up Saturday night about six thirty for dinner and a show, and we'll talk about jobs then."

"Deal," she said, giving me a hug.

"Is that OK?" I asked turning to Merilee.

She already had her personal card out. "Here's the address; call my personal cellphone number for now to talk to Jessica in case there are any dress requirements. Now let me have your card."

I gleefully handed it over, hugged them both before they got into the cab I hailed for them, and almost flew back to the office I was so elated.

The first thing that I did was walk into my boss' office with an expense account sheet and the bill from Everest for $398.43. "Don't give me shit about this - you're going to get the best article ever for the Sunday supplement."

"Four hundred fucking bucks for lunch? Was your food gold-plated?" he whined.

"Hold onto it until you see my article, then tell me if it's worth it."

Then I immediately went to the copy room. Second in command there was a friend of mine, Julie Boaz. "Julie, did you fill the copywriter position you were advertising for yet?"

"No; I'm just going through resumes now."

"I have a candidate for you that I want you to give preference to if possible. She has the most unusual background story possible, an I Q of 140, and will be the most interesting employee in history."

"Let me see her resume," Julie replied.

"Let me do it up," I responded. "I'll be back in half an hour."

"Let YOU do it up..." I heard as I scurried away and waved without looking back.

I did up a resume for Jessica as all of Amanda, Joan and Shirley, When I gave it to Julie and she looked it over she asked "Is this a joke?"

"Hell no - completely real."

"Have her come in for an interview Monday - first thing in the morning if she can."

"Will do, I replied."

****************

That weekend, Jessica and I had a fabulous time. It was my best first date ever Saturday night - by a light year. Sunday I went over to Merilee's house for brunch, met her husband David and dog Banshee, and discussed with Merilee and Jessica what a copywriter does with my recommendation that it would be a perfect entry level job. They both agreed whole-heartedly and Jessica was psyched for her interview on Monday. Sunday afternoon Jessica and I went for an extended bike ride in Grant Park, and then along the lake.

imhapless
imhapless
3,672 Followers