Amber's Summer of Love Ch. 01

Story Info
Young woman's experience explains her mother's downfall.
18.9k words
4.59
17.7k
7

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/08/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is an attempt at a longer-format story. It could have been posted in many categories and it takes a while to warm up. If you're looking for quick-and-dirty, you'd best look elsewhere. As always, constructive criticism is welcomed.

* * * * *

"Why are those men all looking at me?" Amber wondered as she emerged from the surf. She was feeling a little vulnerable anyway because this was the first time she'd ever been out in public in her new bikini, and this one was really small. Despite her mom's protests, she had bought it with the "summer fun" money Grandma had given her after graduation with instructions that she should buy something frivolous and fun, not save it for college or spend it on books. She loved the suit because it looked really sexy, like one she'd seen in a movie, and she wanted to be more cosmopolitan, more like the women she saw in movies and in magazines.

She felt a lot older in the suit, like the college girls she saw gathering last spring break. But with all those guys looking at her, she also began to feel a bit uncomfortable. Not that Amber was unaccustomed to being looked at and appreciated for her beauty but she never liked attention and tried to distance herself from it. Today, though, she felt more under the microscope than usual and the only real difference was her new bikini.

One of mom's complaints about the suit was that it was white and wouldn't be practical for swimming. She thought mom was just upset because it was a string bikini but as she walked up the sand toward her towel and noticed more and more boys looking at her, she glanced down. Shocked, she could see the darkness of her areola and nipples poking from the bra top and a dark smudge at the center of the bikini bottoms, where her golden brown patch of pubic hair was located. The suit had become transparent in the water! Now she knew why mom didn't like the bikini! She forced herself not to reach down and cover herself, feeling that would just call more attention to her body and wouldn't accomplish anything anyway.

She quickened her pace and reached the towel, throwing herself onto her tummy to block the view of her body. She was mortified! All of these strange guys were seeing stuff that's supposed to be private! The only reason they were looking at her was that they could see right through her new suit! She became angry -- at the leering men, at mom for being right and at herself for not realizing that mom was only looking out for her. All the excitement over the new suit and Grandma's generous gift was gone, replaced with anger, disgust and sadness. Amber fought to regain her equilibrium, forcing the memory of young men's eyes from her mind.

She lay on her stomach trying to quiet her beating heart and waiting for her suit to dry before getting up and running to her beachfront cottage. She glanced around to see if any of the guys were still watching. Could they see her butt through the suit? Of course they could! If they could see everything in the front, they could see everything in the back, too. Oh well, let 'em look! She knew she had a nice ass; her best friend Celia told her that the guys all stared at Amber's cute butt as she walked past them in the hall. If they were that interested in her when she was at school in jeans, just think how they'd react if they could see her now, almost naked in a transparent bikini.

Amber had just turned 18 but seemed much younger to those who knew her. She had a fresh innocence that bubbled up through her impish grin, underscored by her lilting voice and the soft pink t-shirts and tops she wore almost constantly. She signed her name with a pink pen topped by a large flower; few in her graduating class thought she'd survive the rigors of university life even though she was an outstanding student. They didn't know that Amber's scholastic performance didn't come easily and that she had developed strong self-control and perseverance to accomplish what she had during her high school career.

She'd had little interaction with boys in school. The few who had asked her out quickly discovered that she was not interested in sex and they never pursued a second date. The boys who interested her were the studious ones and they didn't know any more about dating and the opposite sex than she did. So here she was on the threshold of adulthood and just now realizing how physically attractive she was to the opposite gender. The knowledge didn't help her feelings of depression over her new suit and her inadvertent peep show on the beach.

A shiver ran through her, both from the breeze on her exposed wet skin and from her reaction to thinking about guys seeing her nearly naked. As embarrassed as she was to be seen in her suit, a part of her was thrilled at the attention and turned on by the reaction guys were having to her body.

It wasn't surprising to her that they'd be excited. She had been excited herself as she watched the change from little girl to young woman. Her breasts, while not overly large, were nicely shaped and were a full B-cup. Her quarter-sized areola were deep pink and were crowned by nipples that grew hard and sensitive when cold or stimulated as they were now. A U-shaped valley separated her still-maturing breasts and gave her tanned chest definition. Her waist was narrow and her tummy was hard from years of playing soccer. She wasn't all six-pack abs and she still had a tummy but it was more of a swell than a paunch. Celia told her it was sexy and Celia knew everything about sex. Or at least it seemed that way to Amber, who knew nothing. Finally, Amber assessed her hips. They were broadening into a woman's hips. Her pubic mound wasn't as prominent as it had been when she was very young and skinny but it still clearly marked the crown of her womanhood. And her cute ass was ripe and round, wiggling nicely when Amber flexed her butt muscles.

The assessment heightened her arousal and she wished she was safely back at her family's cottage. She continued to lie on her towel, aware of the pressure on her hard nipples and the warm wetness between her legs. Would it show if she stood up? She reached down and slipped her fingers under the leg of her suit. Her fingers crept between her legs and touched the warmth pooling there. She pulled her hand back and examined it, noticing a wet, clear, slippery substance between her thumb and forefinger. She'd have to do some research when she got some time alone at the cottage to learn more about the fluid.

She looked toward the beachfront and saw her mother waving from the cottage porch. She resigned herself to more stares as she arose, shook out the towel and wrapped it around herself, momentarily blocking the boys' view of her body in the damned suit. She walked to the cottage, dreading the confrontation with her mother.

"Hi, sweetie," her mom greeted her. "How was the water?" Amber was puzzled; her mom didn't seem upset or anything. Maybe she didn't realize what had happened. "It was terrible mom," she said. "You were right about this stupid bathing suit. It's cute until it gets wet. Then you can see right through it! Boys were staring at me and they could see everything!" Amber finished her confession and collapsed in tears, sobbing as she leaned against her mother for support. "Now, now dear," her mother cooed. "It's not that terrible. I'm sure it looks worse to you than it really is. Even if the boys could see right through your suit, all they could see was your beautiful body. Be thankful you have a body worth looking at. I don't want you to flaunt it, but if a boy catches a glimpse, it will be a real treat for him. Most girls would kill to have a body like yours at 18."Amber looked up at her mother with tear-stained eyes. "Really? You don't think I'm horrible because I bought the suit even after you warned me? You don't think I'm a tramp for letting those boys see my body?"

"I'm not pleased that it happened, sweetie," her mother said. "And I wish I had been more explicit when I cautioned you about the suit. It happens with all white suits -- they go transparent when wet. Even if they're fully lined you can see more through them than any other color. But now that it has happened, I just want you to be OK and to understand that you're physically very attractive. That's better than being unattractive isn't it?"

Now her mother had her smiling. A minute ago, she thought her world had come to an end. Mom had managed to make it all better and actually to put a positive spin on the experience. She still wanted to get off the beach and out of that bathing suit, but she didn't feel like her world was coming to an end. "Thanks mom for being so special. And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I swear I'll never do something like that again. If you say it's not right, I'll believe you!"

"That's great, darling," she said. "Now go get a warm shower and change into something that covers you up a bit more. The show's over for all these guys!" She gave Amber a squeeze and a tap on the butt as her daughter started up the steps. Amber grabbed some clothes from her bedroom and then locked herself into the bathroom. She turned on the shower, waiting for it to get warm, and untied the strings on her bikini. The top fell to the floor, baring her breasts and hard nipples to the warm bathroom air. She pushed the bottoms over her hips and let them drop to the floor, kicking them over to join the bra in the corner of the bathroom. As she passed the mirror, she took a critical look at herself. "Hmmm," she thought, "mom was right. I do have a nice body. No wonder guys want to look at me. I have nice breasts, my tummy's pretty flat, I have great legs and, like Celia says, I have a killer ass. I guess it's OK if I get looked at by guys."

She stepped into the shower, grabbing the liquid soap and a washcloth. She ran the slightly scratchy but soft cloth over her arms, spreading the soap and taking off the salt air, sunscreen and old dead skin cells. She moved to her shoulders and down to her chest. As she passed over her left breast, a jolt ran through her body when the washcloth grazed her hard nipple. Wow! She'd never felt a sensation like that before! She ran the cloth under her breast and back up in her cleavage, teasing herself before passing it over her nipple again. The jolt struck again, traveling from her chest to her tummy and leaving quivering warmth between her legs. It was scary but also very pleasant. Cautiously, she moved from her left breast to her right to see if she could make it happen from either nipple. She danced around the center of her breast like a lover testing his luck. Finally, she slipped the washcloth down the swelling breast and over the hard, dark nipple. Zap! It was there, even stronger than it had been on the other side. Maybe anticipation made the feeling more pronounced. She didn't know about any of that but she certainly knew how it made her feel. As many times as she had showered at home and in school gym classes, she'd never experienced this feeling. It must be related to the guys seeing her in her transparent bikini.

She squirted more soap onto the washcloth and continued to explore her breasts, lightly caressing each in turn with the soap-slickened terrycloth. Her nipples were dark and hard, extending half an inch from her breasts. The areolas were covered with bumps and had darkened to a plum color. Each touch was nearly painful, sending bolts through her body and heightening her anxiety. Finally too excited to continue, she let her hand drift down her belly and away from her over-sensitive breasts. "Wow!" she thought to herself, "no wonder girls get in trouble when they let guys feel them up." She didn't know if she could stop a guy if he was making her feel this good.

Her hand and the washcloth continued their trip south, over the gentle swell of her tummy and down toward her patch of pubic floss. Since she was a honey blonde, her hair wasn't as stiff and dark as Celia's brunette patch, and she thought it was sparser than Celia's, too, since she could clearly see her gradually opening cleft through the hair. When Celia and she had sleepovers, she would catch a glimpse of Celia when her friend undressed for bed. And you couldn't see anything through Celia's dark brown forest of fur. Once Celia was showing Amber how she turned herself on and Amber got to see her slit all open and moist. Celia ran her finger through it and touched a little bump at the top of her slit. It made her shiver and arch her back. She said she did that when she wanted to cum. Amber waited until Celia was asleep that night and reached down and touched herself in the spot Celia had shown her. She almost jumped off the bed. It scared Amber so much she had never done it again. But here in the shower, as her hand drifted down through her pubic hair, she recalled that night. The washcloth was rubbing against the spot that hid the little pearl. She spread her legs and arched her back, making her pubic mound more prominent and pushing that secret spot out where she could see it and touch it. She reached down and stroked it. A bright light exploded in her head and she grabbed her crotch as her body celebrated a glorious connection. She shivered despite the hot water. She wasn't sure what had happened but she knew it was great and she wanted it to happen again. Her fingers danced between her legs, exploring every surface and crevice. Her vaginal lips were swollen and sensitive to her touch as she parted them and felt the hot fluid pouring out of her. Why hadn't her mom told her about THIS? They talk about everything ... she told Amber all about her body when she first started puberty. But she didn't say anything about THIS! Amber couldn't wait to tell Celia that she found something special.

Drained and weak, Amber reluctantly climbed out of the shower and reached for the towel hanging under the window. She glanced up and noticed a boy standing on the sidewalk behind the cottage, looking into the window. The small window was well above ground level, but from the spot the boy was standing, he had a clear view through the open window to the bathroom. And, Amber realized, he could see her naked! This was even worse than on the beach! At least there she was covered by cloth, even if it was nearly transparent. She wasn't covered by anything but water droplets! And he was looking! And smiling! She grabbed the towel and clutched it to her body, covering her hard nipples and her wet pubic mound. He smiled and nodded as he turned to walk down the path, convinced his free peep show was over.

She wasn't sure why she did it, but as he started to walk away, she dropped the towel to the floor and stood away from the window a few steps. Her legs were slightly spread and her hands were on her hips. If he turned to look back, he'd see her in all her nudity. And she realized that she wanted him to see her. She wanted him to look at her body, to be excited by it, as excited as she was thinking about him seeing it. Just then, he did turn. He saw her and jerked his head back over his shoulder. He lost his balance and went sprawling to the ground, out of her sight. She began laughing loudly, bending over and clutching her bare sides as the humor of the situation became apparent. She just let a boy see her naked! And she liked it as much as he did!

She looked out the window again and he was picking himself up off the sidewalk, dusting himself off and glancing back at her window. She waved to him, standing defiantly, tall enough that he could see the tops of her bare breasts but nothing more. He quickly turned away, embarrassed at having been caught looking. She picked up her clothes and began dressing. She slipped her arms into her bra and reached back to fasten it. She adjusted the soft sheer cups over her breasts and picked up her string bikini panties, stepping into them and pulling them over her hips. She pulled a pink t-shirt over her head and donned a pair of khaki walking shorts. She twisted her still-wet hair into a ponytail and secured it with a Scrunchie. And then she went to join her mom on the cottage porch to watch the sunset.

As they sat silently watching the rose-colored ball of fire kiss the Pacific Ocean as it signaled the end of day, her mind wandered back to the boy on the sidewalk. Who was he? How old was he? Did he really see all of her naked body and could he tell she was as turned on as he must have been? What happens when guys get turned on? She took the required health education course in high school and she learned the names and shapes of sex organs but she really didn't know much about what really happens. Her girlfriends all dated through high school and they all had some sexual experience with boys, at least some touching and looking. Since her dating totaled less than a handful of one-time outings and no unwarranted touching, she had no idea what boys thought or felt. She didn't even have a close male friend she could talk with to find out.

The more she thought about her mystery watcher, the more curious she became. Does he live near here or does his family have a summer cottage like we do? If he's a visitor, will he come back here? What did he think when he saw her in the bathroom? Or did he see her in her transparent bikini and watch where she went, hoping to see more than he did on the beach? Knowing more about this guy was becoming an obsession and she couldn't even remember what he looked like! Was he blond, brunette, redhead? Tall? Short? Fat? Skinny? Try as she might, she couldn't conjure up the vaguest vision of her peeper. Lost in her reverie, she didn't realize mom had asked her a question. "Are you still bothered about this morning's events on the beach?" her mother, Jan, asked again. "I really hope you won't let that disturb you too much. We'll go out tomorrow and find you a new suit that's cute but gives you better coverage. You love the beach so much that it would be a shame for you to curtail your time on the sand because your suit attracts the wrong kind of attention."

"Thanks, mom," she responded. "I'm fine. I was more worried about how you would react than I was about guys getting a look at my body. Not that I liked the idea of guys seeing things they aren't supposed to see but when you said you were OK with it, that made it all right with me. One thing that bothered me, though, was that the thought of all those guys looking at me was kind of exciting. Is that bad? Am I wrong to feel that way?"

Mom looked at her and smiled. "No, sweetie, there's nothing wrong with being excited when men pay attention to you. It may be inappropriate attention, and today probably would fit into that category, but it still can be very exciting to know that you have power over men. I know you don't have a lot of experience with boys -- and I wish you had more of the right kind of experience before you start school in the fall -- so every bit of attention will be exciting. Just remember that some men are only out for your body and don't care about your mind or your personality. Steer clear of them. Keep focused on your school work and your personal goals. There's time enough for men after you reach your goals."

She listened to Jan and wondered if she should tell her about her Peeping Tom and her experience with the washcloth in the shower. She didn't know if Tom was his name but she decided that's what she'd call him. She decided not to tell Jan in her present state because she'd be convinced he was one of the men who is just out for sex. And Amber didn't know how she knew this but she had a strong feeling Tom was more than just a sex-starved student. She wanted to give him a chance before telling her mom about him.

They sat for a few minutes after the sun went down, basking in the afterglow of a beautiful sunset and an equally beautiful day. Mom and she were so close they didn't have to say anything to enjoy one another's company. They were content just to sit quietly with their own thoughts. Jan finally stood, straightened her slacks and said she was ready to call it a night. "I'm going to sit out for a few more minutes," Amber said. Jan walked over, kissed the top of her head and said good night. "Don't stay up too late, pumpkin," she said. "I love you." "Love you, too, mom," she replied. She didn't turn but knew her mom was gone when she heard the scraping of the door on the threshold.