Amber's Summer of Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Melanie smiled her thanks as her father dived into the conversation. "Well we can't get too carried away. We only have a three-month lease on the store and Mel has to start school in the fall. We'll have to see how the balance sheet looks and decide whether it can be a year-round effort or not at the end of the summer."

Sam had been very quiet. Amber wondered if he was upset at her for being so nervous or was having second thoughts about bringing her this evening. She turned to him and leaned over to whisper in his ear. "Thank you for bringing me here tonight. This is a really special treat and it's made even better by the fact that Melanie is your sister. I couldn't have asked for a nicer first date." She nipped at his earlobe to punctuate her comment, then straightened to pay attention to her meal.

Sam was musing about how he had screwed up his chances with Amber when she leaned toward him to say something, her warm breast pressing against his arm. Before he could turn, she was whispering in his ear. When she was done, she grabbed his lobe with her lips and gave it a tug, then straightened as though nothing had happened. Sam knew from the growing bulge in his pants that something had, indeed, happened and it was something that told him tonight wasn't the total failure he thought it might be.

The dinner was a pleasant, animated affair with talk, jokes and tales of childhood pranks floating around the table. Everyone joined in and had an outsider been watching they might have assumed the five were all related. Amber's unease disappeared, replaced by a warm affection for this close, fun family. As Doris rose to clear the table Amber got up to help. "No, dear, please sit and visit. These people don't let me do enough as it is and I really enjoy puttering in my kitchen. I can handle all of this: why don't you young people take a walk to the ice cream store and bring us back dessert?"

Sam jumped up and took Amber by the waist. "C'mon before she changes her mind," he chuckled. "We'll get her an extra scoop for being so nice." Amber glanced back to ask Melanie if she was coming. "No, I want to talk to daddy for a minute about the shop. You guys go ... Sam knows what I like. Just don't get lost out there in the dark."

The couple walked down the lane toward the boardwalk, Sam's arm comfortably around Amber's waist. Her hip struck his as they walked and she enjoyed the friction of their bodies. She reached around his waist and looked up at him with a smile. "Thanks again. This has been a wonderful evening."

Sam bent down and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. "I'm so glad you enjoyed it. For a while there I thought I'd really messed up. And the thought I might never get another chance was a real bummer. I think you caught my vibe about that."

"I did," Amber said, "and I wanted you to know that everything was fine. I hope you do want to go out again. I don't date much -- most of the guys I've known were only interested in my body -- and it's nice to go out with someone who likes me for me."

Sam nearly bit his tongue as he avoided saying that he, too, appreciated her body especially since he'd seen more of it than the other guys. But he knew how sensitive she was about that and how she didn't want to be reminded of it. So he took another tack. "I have dated a bit and you're the first girl who hasn't spent the entire time trying to impress me with her shopping prowess, knowledge of Hollywood celebrities or her desire to travel to Paris for the fashions. I know when you talk that I have to listen because you have something of substance to say. And you're self-confident enough that you don't have to spend all the time talking about yourself."

They reached the ice cream shop and placed their orders, making sure to get favorite flavors for Doris, Mike and Melanie. The ice cream was packed in a cold-wrap bag and they began their return trip. As they reached the base of the lane on which Sam lived, he pulled Amber to a stop. He turned to her and, bending down, kissed her softly but firmly on the lips. As he started to back away, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into her, returning his kiss with heat and passion. Their tongues began dueling and their bodies clung together tightly. Sam reluctantly broke the kiss and stood up. "We'd better get this ice cream back. The way you kiss it's going to melt where we stand. And the sooner we get those people fed the sooner I can be alone with you to get another one of those amazing kisses."

Amber laughed and playfully punched him. "Like you're going to get another one!" she said. "I'm not sure I like a guy who'll take ice cream over me. But I know your mom is looking forward to it so let's go."

The pair delivered their sweets, bantering with the family as the group parceled out the treats. Sam, Amber and Melanie retired to the home's family room while Mike and Doris said their goodnights and took their ice cream to their bedroom. The three young people sprawled on the furniture, Sam and Amber on the sofa and Melanie across the arms of a large easy chair, her long legs dangling over one arm as she leaned against the other. "So, when are you guys going to start getting friendly?" she joked, spooning her ice cream as she talked. "You can just pretend I'm not here. I don't want to get in your way at all."

Amber giggled and then tossed a pillow in her friend's direction, careful not to actually hit her and spill the ice cream. "You pervert! We're going to eat our ice cream and then Sam's going to walk me home. We're not as sex-starved or sluttish as you are!"

"Speak for yourself," Sam piped up with a grin. "I'm pretty sex-starved since I've never had any. Besides, I have a reason to be pretty horny around you!"

Amber frowned playfully at him. "I thought we weren't going to talk about that!" she scolded. "And I told you, my towel slipped."

"That's not what you told me!" Melanie hooted. "You said you did it on purpose!"

Sam's eyebrows shot skyward at his sister's revelation and Amber turned quickly toward him, her cheeks burning crimson. "It was an accident! Honest!" she said, trying to disarm Melanie's bombshell. "Besides," she said, turning her attention toward Melanie, "Melanie shouldn't be telling you things I said to her in confidence!"

"Oh, so it IS true that you flashed me?" Sam teased. "I was right all along!" He reached over and pulled Amber toward him. "Just for that, you have to give me another of those wonderful kisses!" He leaned forward to accept Amber's kiss but she squirmed out of his grasp and rose to her feet.

"I told you you weren't likely to get another of those," she teased. "Besides, who said you were right? Are you going to believe your scheming sister over your nice, sweet first date?"

"Sorry, Amber, I didn't mean to let it slip," Melanie said. "But tell me, Sam, about this kiss. It must've been something!"

Amber was light-headed with joy and amusement. Her two new friends -- siblings as it turns out -- were happily joking about her without being mean-spirited. And even all the talk about sex and horniness had her feeling giddy. She reached over and pulled Sam toward her. Quietly, so only he could hear, she said, "we might as well give her a real show." With that, she pressed herself to him, her lips seeking his and her fingers running through his hair and down the back of his neck. The kiss turned from tender to torrid as their tongues sought out warm mouths and their hands continued exploring. Amber ran her hands down Sam's back and then back up under his shirt. He shivered with passion and pressed more tightly against her. His hands were on her lower back and moving her body so more of it could press against him. He moved over her on the sofa, pushing her into a semi-reclining position. Amber's reaction to the exchange was a low moan and a shift that put her body directly under Sam's.

Melanie was riveted to the action on the sofa. She dared not speak for fear that she would break the mood. But it was so erotic that she couldn't suppress a throaty sigh as she moved her legs slightly apart and unconsciously began softly stroking her pussy.

Amber felt her body responding to Sam. Her nipples were like two stones in her bra, sensitive to every movement and almost painfully hard. Her panties were becoming sticky with her juices and her hips were involuntarily rising and falling, trying to bring Sam's body even closer. Frightened at her reactions, she broke away from Sam's kiss and gently pushed him away. "I guess that will satisfy her curiosity," she whispered to Sam as she rose under him and lightly kissed his cheek. Sam didn't move, not wanting to stand and show the girls that he was sporting a raging hard-on. He slipped down the sofa a bit and rolled over on his side, pulling one leg up slightly to ease the pressure on his hardness and make it less obvious to the girls.

Melanie became aware of her movements and pulled her hand away from her crotch. She busied herself with a change of position, both to mask what she had been doing and to readjust her blouse so her hard nipples wouldn't be as apparent. "Wow! Now I can understand why Sam wanted a second kiss! If you kiss him goodnight like that he won't be able to sleep!"

The three all sensed that the evening had gotten out of control. Sam, not wanting to offend Amber and lose a chance at a continued relationship, suggested that he walk her home. "You did promise your mother you'd be home early," he reminded. "And it's obvious that Mel isn't going to go away and leave us alone so if we want to be by ourselves we'll just have to go."

He rose from the sofa and reached out to Amber, pulling her up to stand with him. "Good night, Melanie," Amber said, walking to her friend's chair. She bent down and lightly kissed Melanie's cheek. "See you later! Do you still want to hit the beach tomorrow?"

"'Night, Amber! Wish I could get a kiss like you gave Sam but that would probably really freak him out! Sure, let's meet tomorrow at the same spot at noon. We can grab some sun before I have to open the shop and you can tell me about the goodnight kiss."

Sam waved to his sister as the pair walked out of the room. Once outside, Amber turned to Sam. "Is your sister gay?" she asked. "That's the second time she's made a reference to her and I in a more-than-friends way."

"I don't think she's really gay," Sam said. "I think Mel loves people, all people. And if you're a person she likes, she wants to be close to you. She's very affectionate, even with me. I've seen people looking strangely at us when we're together somewhere. She's clingy and when she kisses, she kisses everyone the same way. It's innocent but it probably doesn't look that way to an outsider."

Amber grabbed his arm and pulled herself against him. "Well she can't have you," she said. "You're mine ... er, at least if you want to be. Or if we go out again ... Oh, I don't know what I mean! I'm sorry ... I shouldn't have said that."

"You should have said exactly that," Sam said, putting his arm around her and pulling her close. "Being yours is exactly what I want, and I hope we go out again and again and again. We've just met but I'm absolutely smitten. I've never felt this way about a girl and as long as you can put up with me I'll be hanging around." With that, he gently lifted her chin and pressed his lips against hers. His hand slipped down her back and pulled her close, her hips grinding against his growing erection.

Amber reluctantly broke away. "I don't want that ever to stop," she said, adjusting her clothes, "but I don't think the sidewalk outside of your house is the best place for us to be doing that." She took his hand and steered him down the street toward the boardwalk. "Let's go sit outside the cottage."

They strolled down the boardwalk, Sam's arm around Amber's tiny waist, her hand on his hip. They talked quietly, content just to be together. When they arrived at Amber's cottage, they passed up the chairs in favor of the broad step in front of the porch. They continued their quiet conversation, arms around one another and eyes glued to each other. After several minutes, the front door opened and Amber's mom, Jan, appeared. "Oh, hi kids!" she said. "I heard something and thought someone might be lost. Sorry I interrupted." She backed away and started to close the door. "It's OK, mom," Amber said. "We were just talking. Sam wanted to make sure I got home early enough so that you'd let us go out again sometime."

"Well that's very thoughtful," Jan said. "And if you two want to date you certainly have my permission. Just be sure to behave yourselves." She turned and quietly closed the door. Unseen by the young people on the porch, she moved to a window and peered out, curious to see how far the first date had progressed.

Sam yawned, suddenly feeling the fatigue of the emotional roller-coaster evening. It had been difficult for him, balancing Amber's surprise (almost shock) at his dinner plan, his parents' obvious intrigue about this new girl in his life and the stunning discovery that Amber knew his sister and had, in fact, confided to her about Sam and the sidewalk incident. "Amber, I would love to sit out here with you all night, kissing your sweet, soft lips and feeling that beautiful body against me. But all of a sudden, I'm exhausted and I don't think I'd be very good company. Can I say good night and ask to see you tomorrow evening? We can walk down to the burger stand or something."

Amber was feeling tired, too, but hadn't wanted to say anything to spoil the moment. "That would be wonderful," she said, rising with him to stand on the porch. "And I loved tonight, too; especially the kisses." She moved against him, her hands reaching up to pull his face toward hers. They kissed warmly but not wantonly. Their tongues danced lightly against one another as they pressed against one another and then slowly parted. Sam kissed Amber once, then again. He backed down the porch, clinging to her hand until they were forced by distance to part. "I'll see you tomorrow," she said.

Jan backed away from the window, not wanting to be caught looking by her daughter. She was surprised at Amber's forwardness in kissing Sam good night, but aroused by it at the same time. The kiss was innocent but still filled with passion. Obviously the pair had some chemistry. Perhaps she'd better talk with Amber to make sure things didn't get too far too fast. School was just weeks away and she didn't want Amber's future clouded with some summer romance with a boy she knew little about.

Amber floated into the living room in a daze, unaware of her mother's presence. "Did you have fun?" Jan asked, snapping Amber back into reality. "Oh, mom, it was wonderful! He took me to his house to have dinner with his parents! And his sister is Melanie, the girl at the bathing suit shop! She's not a salesgirl, she owns the shop! And they're her designs! Oh, mom, it was fantastic! Sam's dad is a State alum and he knows a bunch of the professors and deans and he offered to introduce me around and help me get oriented and ..."Jan was stunned. Her daughter was rambling so excitedly and sounded so pleased. "Whoa, pumpkin! Slow down! That's a lot to try and digest in one sentence!"

"Sorry, mom, but they're an amazing family. His mom, Doris, looks like a model and is an amazing cook. That's why he wanted to take me there, because she's so fantastic. And the rest of the stuff was just so overwhelming. And he wants to see me again tomorrow! Oh, mom, isn't it terrific?"

"If you're happy, I'm happy," Jan said, trying to mask her concern. "But remember you have school in a few weeks and Sam, I assume, will be in school, too. You may not have time for romance, if that's what this is. And you haven't had a lot of experience with boys so you need to take it slow. First romances can really be dangerous for girls, sweetie. Guys can walk away from them but girls are the ones who get hurt. Slow down with Sam; if it's meant to be it will happen slowly just as surely as it would happen quickly. You both are young and have futures ahead of you ... let them take priority for now."

Amber knew her mother was right but she was frustrated nonetheless. Sam wasn't like those other boys she'd dated. Sure, he'd seen her nude and he kissed her passionately. And even though she didn't know much about boys and sex, she could tell from his erection pressing against her that he was turned on by her. Still, her mom had to know she wouldn't do anything to jeopardize her future. And Amber sensed that Sam was as committed to his future as she was to hers. Maybe she'd find out more about his future tomorrow.

Sleep came quickly and Amber awoke to a bright midmorning sun. She'd slept far later than she'd intended and she jumped out of bed, tossing on a light robe and heading for the kitchen. She remembered she was meeting Melanie at the beach at noon and she wanted to spend time with her mother before she left. Jan was at the kitchen table, doing some writing as she sipped her morning coffee. "Morning, pumpkin. You sure had a good sleep. Last night's dinner must have agreed with you." She punctuated her greeting with a hug as she rose from her chair to greet her daughter. "Mom, I was so comfortable! I've never met a family like theirs. They all are so accomplished, so smart, but wanted to make sure I was comfortable. Melanie even apologized that she hadn't told me she OWNED the shop rather than just worked there. It was like my opinion was so important to all of them!"

Jan listened with a mixture of pleasure and concern. It had been such a struggle raising her daughter and Jan didn't want that kind of life for Amber. At the same time, she wanted her daughter to know real love and a lasting relationship. She'd just have to watch the relationship carefully and make sure Amber wasn't hurt.

After a morning of talking and laughing with her mother, Amber donned her new suit and went back to the beach to meet Melanie. Just as Amber got her towel arranged and began applying sunscreen, Melanie danced up, tossing her beach bag on the sand and spinning lightly to show off her black one-piece creation. Amber had to look twice to see that it was only one piece since the cutouts and strings that made up the suit created a fluid mixture of pale skin and dark shimmering cloth. "That's an amazing suit!" Amber enthused. "But how does it stay on? It must have taken an engineer to figure out how to cut all those little pieces!"

"I'm no engineer," Melanie replied, dropping her towel next to Amber and plopping facedown on the sand. "It took a lot of mockups before I could keep it from falling off the mannequin. And even after I made the first prototype in my size, it kept falling off my boobs. I guess I'm going to have to get a boob job or get pregnant -- anything to make my breasts bigger!"

Amber laughed at her new friend's frankness and self-deprecation. The suit was a magnificent creation and Amber could imagine it selling well in any junior department. "Nonsense, Mel. Your breasts are just fine as they are. Don't even think about having surgery. You have a perfect body for the fashion industry; most of the girls who model are smaller on top than you are."

"How can you say my breasts are fine? You haven't even seen them," Melanie said, pulling the top of her suit apart at the V. "Now you can make an honest assessment."

Amber looked over to see Melanie's breasts peeking out from the suit, her nipples barely darker than her pale skin. The breasts were small but well-formed and firm. Amber was shocked that Melanie would flash like that at the beach and puzzled to find that she was aroused looking at her friend's bare chest. "Mel! Cover your breasts! Someone will see them!"

"I hope so!" Melanie said. "Otherwise I wouldn't have stuck them out here. But I guess I'll cover them up. What did you think of them? Do they turn you on, just a little bit? I really want to find a way to get you excited enough to give me one of those kisses. Sam came home last night still floating. But he wouldn't kiss and tell. So will you? I'm almost soaked just thinking about it!"