Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
donalde
donalde
205 Followers

Charles then called Mitchel's cell. "Mitch, its Charles I want Emma, Catherine, Scott, and yourself to immediately precede to the family shelter. Neil should be joining you shortly. Also, call Linda and have her prepared to be picked up to join you in the shelter. Have David pick her up. After Neil and Linda arrive, lock it down. I want no one else admitted except Susan or me. Tell Emma that I will call her shortly explain everything. Please give are my love," Charles directed.

"I will take care of it immediately sir. Are you and Susan safe?" Mitchel replied.

"We are fine for now. Just please take care of my family," Charles requested.

*********

Gloria, Amelia, and Andrew watched Charles pull into the parking lot and go to the rear corner. He had made them wait a few minutes while he surveyed the area looking for threats. He was just about to say it was safe when Amelia stopped him." Andrew something isn't right I have a bad feeling and I can sense the stress level in the truck had ratcheted up in the last few minutes." Amelia warned.

Gloria wanted to go to the truck she knew that Charles would have bottles of blood she desperately needed. She heard Amelia's warning and tried to get a sense from her sire but Susan still had their link blocked off. She tried to use her senses but could not find anything.

Andrew slowly scanned the area and couldn't see any threats. He knew better than to just ignore Amelia, when she got a feeling. "Gloria I know you're anxious to get to the blood and to see Susan, but until we figure out what triggered Amelia's senses we stay put. If Amelia says there is something wrong, we go with her instincts," Andrew explained.

Gloria considered what she knew and while she was anxious to see Susan and trust her implicitly, her gut instincts told her to listen to Amelia. "Amelia, can you sense anything more? Do you..." Gloria started to ask, when the cell phone rang. "Susan, what's happening? Amelia said she sensed something and that your stress," she said into the phone.

"We have someone watching us. We're pretty sure he is going to attempt to finish what they started earlier. Stay where you are for right now and give us a chance to get a couple things in place. When we're ready, we will call you and if this is the assassin head out of the area get somewhere safe. Once you are safe call us; we will arrange to meet with you all," Susan replied.

Gloria removed the phone from her ear. "Susan said that they were being watched, they think that is the assassin from this morning," Gloria said.

"Where is he at?" Andrew asked his eyes glowing with anticipation.

Gloria put the phone back to her ear. "You have any idea where the assassin is?" Gloria inquired.

"Charles is pretty sure he is on the lot across a street from us. Why do you want to know? Please do not do anything stupid," Susan pleaded.

Gloria relayed the information to Andrew. Andrew moved to a good vantage point and saw the black Ford van. It was parked in the middle of the lot across the street where Susan said it would be. He was sure it was the same van he saw racing away after the shooting. "I want his fucking ass! Amelia how would you like to go on the offensive?" Andrew said his eyes: dark with anger.

"Are we going to be able to feast on his blood?" Amelia responded with a bone-chilling smile, as her feral side came forward.

"In due time, you will have our revenge but first we need to have a pleasant chat with that person," Andrew said his eyes darkened even more.

"Are you two sure you know what you are doing? That vampire is a trained killer in full control of his powers," Gloria warned as worry colored her voice.

"Gloria! What the fuck is going on?" Susan shouted into the phone.

"Sorry, Andrew and Amelia are going after the assassin," Gloria replied.

"Stop them! All they will wind up doing is getting themselves kill," Susan demanded.

"Andrew, Susan has requested that you not try it," Gloria said.

"Tell Susan we will be fine. Gloria please wait here for us," Andrew responded rolling his eyes.

"There is no way in hell I'm going to stay here while the two of you run off and get yourselves killed!" Gloria retorted her eyes narrowing in anger.

"I need you to wait here! Amelia and I instinctively know each other's moves and we cannot afford any mistakes. We'll be back soon," Andrew replied his voice icy at best.

Gloria growled her eyes almost went feral. "I am going god damn it! So shut the fuck up and lead on. The two of you aren't going anywhere without me so get use to the idea," Gloria demanded.

"Fine, then you will play over watch." Andrew growled in frustration. He handed Gloria the gun pointed at the phone, "Tell her good bye and turn it the fuck off."

"Andrew, who the fuck do you think you are talking to? I was hunting vampires before your grandfather was a sperm in his father's balls," Gloria retorted harshly. She then hung up the phone and turned it off.

Andrew just walked away; he did not have the time or the energy to waste arguing with Gloria. For her part, Gloria realized her mood was results of what they had done earlier to save her life she knew that the three of them had to have a long talk about the ramifications of them sharing blood with her. Andrew led the three of them a few blocks away from the diner then circled back to where the van was parked. The three of them carefully shielded their minds and made sure to approach the van from downwind.

Andrew picked a spot where Gloria could cover them in case things went sideways. Andrew moved cautiously towards the van staying invisible and trying to make himself as small of a target as possible. Amelia held back a bit giving Andrew plenty of room to react if necessary

"I can sense him love he is in the rear of the van," Amelia mental said to Andrew.

"Can you take control of his mind?" Andrew asked telepathically.

"I can if I can see his eyes," Amelia replied the same way.

"So that is your Achilles heel, huh?" Andrew sent with a fair amount of conceit.

Andrew heard Amelia chuckle in his head. He singled for her to move to a position where she could cover the side door. Andrew was hoping that if the vampire opened the side door Amelia would be able to see his eyes and take control of his mind. Andrew crept up to passenger side. He saw that the wing window was open and the keys were still hanging in the ignition. He used his telekinesis to remove the keys from the ignition and float them out the passenger wing window into his hands. He isn't going anywhere soon Andrew thought to himself.

Gloria realized something; the vampire inside of the van should have sensed Andrew by now. Even with them shielding themselves, even a newly changed parvulus should have sensed him by now. Gloria concentrated on Andrew and couldn't sense him he managed to hide his presence completely. Gloria had heard that Diamond had been able to do that but never had believed. It hit her that Amelia had the same ability.

Andrew moved to the side door of the van. "I am going to yank the door open and snatch the vampire out of the van. Please get control of his mind as quickly as you can. Let me know when you are ready," Andrew said telepathically.

Amelia cleared her mind and was just about to tell Andrew to go, when it hit her that the vampire inside should of known they were there. Andrew wait something is wrong!" Amelia screamed through their mental link.

Andrew ready himself for an attack trying to figure out where it was going to come from .he quickly surveyed the area and saw no threats. "What's a matter?" Andrew mentally asked.

"He should have sensed you by now even with you shielding yourself. I am sure he is laying a trap for us love," Amelia sent.

Andrew quickly backed away from the van to cover beside Amelia "Any suggestions on how we proceed from here?" Andrew asked using his mind.

"Can you use your telekinesis to open the door from cover?" Amelia suggested mentally.

"I should be able to and I like the idea of being out of the line of fire," Andrew responded telepathically.

He took a few minutes to prepare himself for the task"Here goes nothing," He warned Amelia through her link.

Amelia nodded her readiness. Andrew concentrated on the door of the van, and a moment later, the door was ripped wide open. He had opened it with such force the he had ripped the door out of its track. The assassin caught by surprise quickly drew his pistol and wildly fired striking a half of dozen cars in the process. Andrew waited until he ran out ammo in the clip then charged him while he was reloading. He snatched the assassin out of the van and delivered a lighting right cross to the other vampires jaw. The assassin dropped his weapon and was dazed from Andrew blow. Andrew quickly slammed the vampire to the ground knocking the wind out of him .Amelia rushed forward to be able to look into the assassin's eyes and quickly took control of his mind.

Amelia ordered the Assassin to stop resisting his arrest. As soon as Andrew realized Amelia had control of the vampire, he looked into the rear of the van and when he saw that there was a spotter's scope but no rifle, he suddenly had a bad feeling. He quickly shoved Amelia into the back of the van. "Stay down!" Andrew ordered as he shoved the assassin the van with Amelia.

"Andrew what's the matter?" Amelia asked.

"He only has a spotter's scope which means there could be a sniper around here." Andrew said as he started scanning the area.

Gloria was confused by Andrew's reaction and started to walk towards the van. She knew they needed to get out of there soon the human police were already on their way. "Gloria get down! There may be another sniper in the area." Andrew shouted. He then glanced inside of the van at the man they had captured.

"Love, try to see if he knows where the sniper is? If there is one," Andrew asked telepathically.

Gloria quickly went to cover and slowly made her way towards Andrew and Amelia. She kept low and used the cars for cover. "Andrew we need to get out of here the human police will be here soon." Gloria said.

Amelia managed to probe the assassin's surface thoughts while he was still dazed by Andrew's attack. "He is alone. He was ordered to follow Charles and report if he made contact with us. When he saw Charles rendezvous with Susan he decided to follow them figuring they would lead him to us,"Amelia informed him through their link.

****************

Charles was extremely angry at Amelia and Andrew's stupidity. Two parvulus going after a trained vampiric assassin was suicidal at best. He hoped the two of them survived so that he could strangle them himself. The two of them waited forever then they heard the gunshots and both his and Susan's hearts stopped. Susan called Gloria's cell and it immediately went to voice mail. "It went straight to voice mail god damn it. While you are strangling Amelia and Andrew I am going to strangle Gloria damn her for following them," Susan exclaimed in anger, fueled by worry.

Charles threw the Escalade into gear and speed off the lot as Susan's phone rang. Susan answered it and listened for a couple seconds." Thank the Maker you all are OK," She exclaimed then listen to the rest of Gloria's report," OK! Take him to the building we own out by the airport. Charles and I will meet you there."

"What happened?' Charles demanded without realizing how harsh his words came out.

"Amelia and Andrew caught the vampire who was spying on us. He was to follow you hoping that you would lead him to them. I am having them go to the private sanctum we have out by the airport." Susan replied ignoring his harsh tone.

"Excellent idea it will provide us the privacy we need to get answer from him." Charles said his demeanor suddenly brightening up.

"It should considering only three people know of its existence Gloria, you, and me." Susan replied.

Charles and Susan arrived right behind the others. It was just finishing the elaborate security checks to enter a place. As soon as the large garage doors opened, she waved them in and then door behind them closed. They were effectively trapped in a Sally port. Gloria walked over to the wall and punched another code in causing the inner door to open giving them access to the rest of the garage. The garage area was large isolated; so that once you were in this area, you were effectively trapped. Amelia and Andrew were lead through a door into a long very narrow hallway. The hallway was only couple of inches wider than the width of Andrew shoulders. At the end of the hall was a heavy steel door with an electronic lock that had a 16-digit pass code. In the center of the door was a firing port, Andrew could see it would take only one man with an automatic to hold off an Army trying to get through the hallway.

The reception area was the first room you entered even though it looked benign. It was anything but, the way it was designed and the layout of the furnishings would make it very easily defended by a couple people. Even if a force did manage to take control of the reception area, they would be facing four strong steel doors of highly advanced, locking systems. From the looks of the doors and the walls, it would take a considerable amount of high explosives to breach either of them. Susan took great joy in explaining about her creation. She also mentioned if they needed, could house over 200 people on this floor.

The six of them went down a hall to a storage room in the back of the room hidden behind a shelf was a pocket style steel door that covered an elevator. Charles and Susan rode down first since the elevator could only hold four people. It was purposely designed that way to prevent a large-scale force from being able to storm the lower floor. The basement was a lavish living area it had all the comforts of home plus room for a full staff and dozens of security personnel. Gloria showed Andrew where the cells were for their prisoner. While they were gone, Charles went and retrieved bottles of blood for the three of them. While Charles was getting the blood Mitchel called letting him know everyone that he requested was now in the shelter.

********

When Mitchel received the call from Charles, he quickly escorted Emma, Catherine, and Scott down to the secure shelter it was in the sub-basement of the club. He dispatched a team to pick up his mate Linda and bring her to the club. Mitchell had already called her and told her he was bringing her to the club for a few days. Linda offered no objections even though she didn't want to be sequestered, but had learned a long time ago that Mr. Black only gave this order when necessary.

Within an hour, everyone who needed to be was in the secure shelter. Mitchell had station guards at the door leading to the shelter and at the only elevator that came down to this floor. Once everything was secured, he called Mr. Black and let him know him that his orders had been carried out.

*****

Charles had just handed out the bottles of blood, when his cell phone rang he recognized Emma's phone number. "Hello baby girl," Charles greeted.

"Daddy, where are you? And what is going on?" Emma asked her voice full of concern.

"Sweetheart there's a lot going on which I cannot discuss over the phone. I am safe for now as is your mother, Gloria, Amelia, and Andrew. I will explain everything to you as soon as I can. Please for now just stay where you are and listen to Mitchell. I love you and will talk to you later," Charles responded.

"Okay daddy, I love you to. Talk to you later," Emma said before hanging up.

Charles let everyone know that their loved ones were safe. While Charles was handling security arrangements for the rest of the people, they loved. Susan made sure that Gloria, Amelia, and Andrew drank a couple bottles of blood. Gloria then went to her room to get a quick shower to wash the rest of the blood off her and change into something more comfortable.

Susan showed Amelia and Andrew to their room so they could get cleaned up and changed into something more comfortable. Susan then headed to the kitchen to make them all something to eat. A few minutes later Charles joined her to help. They decided on a simple meal of steak, asparagus, herb-roasted potatoes, and a salad. Everyone ate dinner in silence, each trying to process the day's events. After dinner, Charles and Susan excuse themselves saying there will go check on the prisoner.

Andrew could sense Gloria's nervousness and knew she had been edgy all day. "Gloria, you're been edgy around us all day. We do something to upset you?" Andrew asked concerned for his friend.

" No! What you two did for me, was unbelievable. I was serious when I said it was unheard of for a vampire to allow anyone but there mate to feed off them. In the case of a female vampire, you have to add her offspring while the child is nursing from her. The only other case of when a vampire will exchange blood with vampires is when they would join a coven.

The difference then was it was an exchange between two vampires to establish the familial link. The link was used to identify members of the coven and to locate members in times of need. When one joined the coven, he or she would exchange blood with every member of the coven. The exchange was at the most a mouth full of blood and normally they would do it at the same time from the wrist. In addition, fangs were never used. When you two feed me your blood today you forge half of the link I am offering both of you the chance to forge the other half of that link." Gloria carefully explained. She hoped that her friends would not wind up hating her, or regret saving her life.

"This some kind of joke Gloria? You are now linked to my Andrew?" Amelia angrily growled as her eyes started to darken with anger.

Andrew sensed his mate starting to lose control as her anger mounted quickly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into the crook of his neck. He started soothingly rubbing her back. As Andrew scent started to wash over Amelia, she started to relax.

"Amelia it's not like you think, the link is more like what you have with Catherine. A few centuries ago, you would have had to live in a coven to survive. In most covens, you would have exchanged blood with 20 to 50 other vampires. The reason it was done was for mutual protection and it also gave a sense of family to keep the members of the coven loyal to each other than," Gloria continued with her explanation.

Andrew mulled over what Gloria was telling them, to him it didn't sound too bad. However, at the moment, he was more concerned with Amelia's reaction. "What are you thinking, my love?" Andrew asked her telepathically. He had noted that she was strangely muted.

"I am not sure what to think. I do not like the idea of sharing any part of you with anyone else. Not to mention I am not too thrilled with the idea that she will be able to located us anytime she wants. What if we do not want to be found?" Amelia replied mentally, after long couple of minutes.

Andrew had to admit he had not thought about it that way. He thought about how he would feel about it if it were male vampire. He admitted to himself that he would be less than thrilled even for Mark. The only thing that would help his mark was mated. Andrew did understand Amelia's apprehension about Gloria.

"I know you're not overly thrilled about this. Let me ask you this, if we had known would you have let her die? Worse yet, would you have been able to kill her yourself? I know we both think of Gloria as a friend but now I know you're also worried she may be competition. Please remember this I only want one woman in my bed and that woman is you, my love.

Amelia the decision is yours how we proceed from here. I am not doing this to be an ass and dump it in your lap, but your happiness comes first as does your peace of mind. I will fully support whatever decision you make." Andrew telepathically said reassuringly. At the same time he asked, "Gloria if we decide to do this coven how does the link work? In addition, if we so desired or needed to could it be blocked?

donalde
donalde
205 Followers