Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
donalde
donalde
205 Followers

Amelia wrapped her arms around Gloria and held her as she cried her pain out. "Gloria, the man you knew as Lenard died and what you put down was just an empty shell. It may have looked like him and maybe somewhere deep inside was a shadow of the man he was but it was not him. I would like you to think about this; even the shadow of him didn't like what he had become. You said he smiled. Why do you think he did that?" Amelia gently asked.

Gloria looked into Amelia soft brown eyes, looking for the same contempt she felt for herself. She was surprised when al she seen was compassion. "I...I not sure," Gloria shakily replied.

"I think he was glad that you were going to end his pain. I also think he was glad it was you and not someone else. This way he died with someone who loved him by his side. That shadow of him knew he had to die and was glad that you were willing to release him and give him the peace he so desired somehow comforted him. I know it sounds crazy but think about it you knew him better than everyone else, do you think he would have wanted to live like that?" Amelia explained as she cradled Gloria in her arm trying to comfort her.

For the longest time all that could be heard was the soft sobbing from Gloria. "Do you really think that he understood why I had to do it?" Gloria softly asked sounding more like the nineteen year old girl then the hundred and fifty year old vampire.

"Yes I do honestly believe that he not only understood, but was relieved that his suffering was over." Amelia assured her. Amelia hugged her friend as she asked, "Do you think the Lenard would want you to suffer? My guess is he would have wanted you to live and enjoy life to find love, most of all to find happiness."

"I am not even sure if I know how, even if I wanted to," Gloria quietly admitted.

"I think you want to be happy but you are feeling guilty. Let go of the guilt and live life to its fullest. I will help you as will Andrew, we will be here for you always," Amelia promised.

Gloria smiled and nodded slightly. "I already owe you and Andrew so much. The two of you saved my life and then invited me into your family. How can I ever repay you all?" Gloria asked solemnly

"Gloria you are family if it wasn't for you and Susan, Andrew and I would have been dead. You could never owe us anything." Amelia said hugging her friend.

"She is right Gloria, you are family, if you need anything just ask and if it is within our powers we will do it." Andrew said as he entered the room. He walked over to Amelia and wrapped his arms around the two of them. After a moment, he released the two of them and gave Amelia a quick kiss.

"I am curious what happened to the girl that Lenard bit?" Amelia asked.

"I helped her through the change and she is a professor of law at Harvard and a close friend. She use to work with Mark but wanted to take a break from the hassle of dealing with clients," Gloria explained.

"Let me ask you what would have normally happened to her?" Amelia asked already knowing the answer.

"She would have been prevented from being turned because without a mentor she would be a danger." Gloria responded automatically.

"So without you she would have been dead?" Amelia proposed.

Gloria started to answer then stopped she had never thought of it that way. Had she really saved Rose's life? She thought for a moment then a large smile spread across her face. "You been analyzing me, haven't you?" Gloria asked bemused.

"No, not really I was just trying to help you," Amelia explained.

After realizing, it was just after nine in the morning the three friends started making a large family breakfast for everyone. The three friends continued to talk. Gloria for her part felt a lot better than she had in years. Just her finally telling someone what had happened somehow made the load easier to bear. Unbeknownst to her at the time it was her first night of healing.

*********

After the game had finished Catherine and Scott had retired to their room. Scott quickly helped Catherine to strip then lead her to the shower and washed her from head to toe while checking every inch of her body. He concerned not only for his mate but also for their unborn child even though both Susan and Gloria had said that Catherine and the child were fine and there had been no ill effects from the day's events. Scott wasn't happy about being excluded from the hunt for Amsu.

Catherine laid her head on Scott's chest quietly reflecting on the day's events. She could feel the anger building up in her mate and knew he would insist on being involved in the hunt for Amsu and in many ways agreed with him. While she didn't relish direct confrontation with Amsu, she wanted to help to bring him down. "Love we will talk with Andrew and Amelia in the morning. I want to help also," Catherine said telepathically.

"Do you think they will listen to us?" Scott asked the same way.

Catherine gave Scott a tender kiss." We will make them listen, my love," Catherine softly promised.

Catherine laid her head back onto Scott's chest and went to sleep. Scott laid there watching Catherine as she sleep until he drifted off to sleep. The two of them we woke up a little after ten to the smell of coffee and food.

*****

Emma and Neil took the dishes in to the kitchen area and quickly loaded them into the dishwasher before heading to their room. Neil quickly stripped Emma and started to suck on Emma's nipples causing her to moan. He slowly ran his hand down her taunt stomach heading to her nether region. He slowly worked his finger into her pussy. Emma's hips began working in time with Neil's fingers. When Neil started to rub her clit with his thumb, it pushed Emma over the edge.

Neil kept alternating sucking on one nipple then the other while working a second then third finger into her. He used his fingers to massage her spot sending her into her second orgasm for tonight. "Please take me," Emma begged.

Neil smiled as he positioned himself at the opening of her vagina and slowly feed himself in. He set a slow sensual pace taking full strokes each time. Emma used her fangs to nip at Neil's nipples she never broke the skin but bit hard enough so he could feel it. Neil was the first one to go over the edge firing ropes of red hot cum into her sodden pussy. Emma screamed through her orgasm.

Neil rolled the two of them on to their sides. The two of them in each other's arm while basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking. They fell asleep and slept like that not waking until little before ten am. The two of them quickly showered then headed out to find the food they smelled cooking.

********

Susan and Charles finished their last round of lovemaking at a little after four and fell asleep in each other's arms. Something woke Susan out of sleep around seven. She laid there watching Charles sleep as she thought about the first time she saw him. It was twenty --six AD. she was the house slave of Pius Cassius Olcinius he was a Tribuni of the Praetorian Guard when she first saw Charles who went by Maahas in those days a wealthy Egyptian spice trader. She was assigned to serve him and her master refreshments. Charles visited her that night a fact she did not find out until much later as he had erased her memory of the visit. Three days later, he had purchased her. On the return trip to his home, he turned her and gave her, her freedom. Since that time, the two of them have been friends and lovers. Most of the time they were together or within a few days travel of one and another at most. Susan had been in love with Charles since the first time she had seen him and the highlight of her life up to last night was when she found out she was pregnant with Emma. According to everyone, it was just short of a miracle that she conceived without being mated. According to Agatha, it was only the second time she had delivered a baby to an unmated vampire and she had been delivering babies since seventy-three BC.

Charles was awake but laying there with his eyes closed well aware that Susan was watching him as he sleep. He could feel the sense of foreboding that she felt. "What is a matter love? What has you worried?" Charles asked.

"I'm not sure I just feel that our end is near and I don't want to lose what we have especially now," Susan replied softly with a deep sense of sadness in her voice.

"Love if it is fated to happen there is nothing that we can do about it. Let enjoy the time we have left. Anyhow, you know that those premonitions rarely come true and if it does, I for one will still consider myself the luckiest man to ever have lived for having you at my side for all of those years," Charles stated then kissed her softly trying to convey all of his feelings through that one kiss. Susan gladly accepted the comfort that Charles was giving but she couldn't shake the feeling that they wouldn't survive this time. Charles stomach rumbled as the two of them smelled the food being prepared.

"I guess we better get up and feed you before you starve to death." Susan teased.

"Hey I burned a lot of energy last night. You were insatiable," Charles complained teasingly.

"Well mister it is your fault for making me wait so long and last night was just a very small down payment on what you owe me." Susan retorted while laughing.

Susan and Charles quickly showered and then dressed to go join the rest for breakfast. As soon as Susan walked into the room, Gloria ran over to congratulate her. She pulled Susan into a tight hug." About time, you two, I am so happy for you." Gloria practically yelled from excitement.

Emma was next to charge her parents she was so happy that tears were streaking down her face. She quickly wrapped her mother, father and Gloria up in a hug. "I am so glad you two finally stopped fooling around and made it official. Congratulations and I love you both" Emma said.

Everyone else crowded around Susan and Charles to congratulate them and the breakfast quickly turned into a celebration. They opened a couple bottles of Perrier-Jouet to toast the couple. Linda volunteered to make a celebratory dinner with the help of Mitch whom she claimed was a world-class cook. After breakfast, everyone went into the sitting room to relax and to plan how they were going to deal with Amsu. "Amelia what kind of information would you need to make a profile of Amsu?" Charles asked.

"I could use whatever you have on him. I am not sure if his long life will make it easier or harder to profile him. Later on, I would like to interview you, Susan, Emma and anyone else who was close to Amsu." Amelia replied.

"After we finish our coffee I will let you read over the information in the data base I keep on vampires. I have a good biography of him and most of his associates well at least the ones I know of and as much information as I have on them. I will also give you all of the information I have on the other enforcers and their top people. "Charles paused to take a drink of his coffee then continued," Susan will provide you with a list of places where can either purchase or acquire blood. She will also provide you with a list of safe houses and contacts in case you get into trouble or need a place to lay low for a few days. I will also need to know what other types of assets you will need at your disposal."

"From the sounds of it you have everything we need already in place. The only other things; we may need is tactical support and possible some help with intelligence." Andrew replied.

"It goes without saying we will be supporting you with as much intelligence as we can both Susan and I have large networks. There is one down side I have to insist that the hummer gets left behind." Charles stated.

"Where are the two of you thinking about starting your hunt?" Susan asked.

"We aren't sure yet I would like to get an idea of the man we are hunting then may be head to Nevada and try to pick up his trail. If you or Charles have any suggestions we are all ears." Amelia replied while starting to prioritize what they needed to do over the next few days.

"I will try to use my contacts and find out where he is but I would suggest trying to weaken his organization by eliminating his key people. You two have to understand you are not going there to arrest them you will have to destroy them there is no other way. "Charles stated in a serious tone. He paused to let it sink in before he continued, "If you can't do this; please tell me now so we can get someone else. If you fail to kill them, they will turn on you and kill you. Use them to get the information you need then dispose of them. Once you start, trust no one,"

Andrew paused to consider Charles warning, he hadn't thought of this as an assassination mission but now it made sense to him. He knew that Charles was right and if they did not kill the vampires they were going to hunt, they would quickly be betrayed and destroyed. Andrew knew he had no problem with this but he wasn't sure if his mate would agree. He locked eyes with Amelia silent asking her what she wanted to do and was pleasantly surprised when she nodded.

"Charles we understand and will be careful. We will have no problem doing what must be done to protect our family." Andrew stated firmly.

"I would like to offer Amelia and you the chance to form a coven with Susan and me, like you have with Gloria. I would also like to extend the offer to the rest of you here." Charles offered.

Everyone accepted and each took their turn joining the coven and allowing the link to form that would bind them all together throughout eternity. Susan took time to explain all of the benefits and even the few pit falls to forming an alliance through this way to those who had never had been a part of one before. The newly formed family set around enjoying a glass of wine with the exception of Catherine she had a goblet of blood since she was with child. Scott decided this was the time to broach the subject of them leaving.

Scott stood up and started." Charles I know that you said that we are going to be going to some place for our safety but if it is all the same to you. Catherine and me would rather stay here and take our chances with you all." Scott said trying to remain respectful for the moment.

"I agree daddy I do not want to go hid I want to fight. Neil and I can take care of ourselves. Can you really say that anywhere you send us will be any safer then here with you and mother? Moreover, you are sending away a large portion of the people you know you can trust. Therefore, I am staying and you can forget about trying to pull rank on me. Emma sternly insisted.

"Neil would you please..." Charles started to argue.

"Sorry Charles not this time I happen to agree with her," Neil stated firmly cutting Charles off.

Charles looked to Susan for support but quickly realized that by the way she was smiling at him she would be no help. He slowly glanced around the room until he came to Andrew." What do you think?" Charles asked hoping to find support.

Andrew didn't answer right away he just slowly glanced around the room pausing at each person for a moment. He then locked eyes with his mate and smiled he knew her feelings on the subject, "Charles part of me does agree with you. However, when I ask myself this question I keep coming up with the same answer. Would they be safer if we sent them away? And my answer is no most likely not." Andrew replied in a calm even voice.

"How can you say that? We all know that he has spies in Susan and my organization. If doesn't already know they're alive he soon will be then he will make another attempt and this time he will make it such a way it doesn't fail." Charles angrily disputed.

"Charles I do agree that he most likely already knows that they survived his attempt on their lives. Let me ask you, do you think you can keep them hidden from him if he wants to find them? Would you not agree that you are better prepared here to stop an attempt on their lives here?" Andrew asked.

"Charles, he is right it would be easier for us to guard our family here," Susan said agreeing with Andrew.

Charles threw his hands up in exasperation, "I hope the hell you two are right." Charles begrudgingly conceded.

The remainder of the morning was taken up with planning and preparation. The one thing that Emma, Catherine and the others insisted on was that Amsu attempt on their lives wouldn't make them go into hiding. They would accept increased security but they were going to get back to as close as a normal life as they could. Emma insisted on reopening Sanguinem. When Charles objected Emma reminded him that he gave her the club to run as her own and if he wouldn't let her reopen that one she would resign and open one of her own.

Once things finally settled down and all of the planning was finished. Charles gave Amelia and Andrew access to the files on Amsu and his associates to begin reviewing. Amelia used an old colleague's credentials to contact the Denver airport and was surprised to find out that the plane was still there. She also managed to find out that Amsu had purchased two tickets to LAX. She also managed to confirm that both Layla and he had boarded the plane. The flight left Denver at ten AM Mountain time this morning and about a two and half hour flight.

"We have a lead. Amsu just landed at LAX. He has Layla with him," Amelia happily announced.

"Why did he take a commercial flight is he has his own plane?" Andrew asked

"I am not sure; he may be trying to throw us off his trail. Hoping we will waste our time searching for him in the Denver but why L.A.?" Amelia wondered aloud

While Amelia was working on trying to profile Amsu, Andrew was trying to map out his entire network. When he heard Amelia announce that Amsu was on a commercial flight to LAX he had questioned why he had not used his own plane the Gulfstream had more than enough range. He was wondering the same thing that Amelia was why LA? "I'm not sure, but I think we should get to Los Angeles before we lose him," Andrew suggested.

"I am sorry but the two of you are not ready to go on the hunt yet. Layla by all accounts is an extremely powerful telepath. Amelia you may be able to defend yourself but Andrew you would be vulnerable," Charles stated from the door.

"Charles this may be our best chance to end this and if we lose him it may be a long time before we can pick up his trail," Andrew debated.

"If you and Amelia go out there before you are ready we could lose you both and I do not want that," Charles responded.

Andrew agreed even though he was sure it was a mistake; over the next couple of days Amelia and Andrew worked long and hard to try to get an idea of what his next move would be. Amelia Profile was starting to take shape and it had given her some, what she hoped would be valuable insights into Amsu motives. She also had managed to flag him so if he decided to take another commercial flight she would know.

On Monday, much to both Amelia and Andrew's delight Denise and Mark arrived. Mark quickly set to his task of getting all diamond assets transferred to Amelia and Andrew. He also set them up with several sets of identities so they could switch as needed. Mark informed them that he would need about two to three weeks to get everything transferred over. He had also agreed to take a position on Charles staff.

Charles started Andrew and Amelia's training and they quickly found out he was a relentless taskmaster pushing them as much as seventy to eighty hours between rest periods. Not only had they learned to control their powers and shield their minds against intrusion but he also taught them how to wield a sword properly. He explained that a sword or an ax was much more dangerous to a vampire then a gun. Andrew took to the sword as if it was a part of him. Amelia quickly learned to use her mental abilities to make up for her lack of prowess with a sword.

donalde
donalde
205 Followers