Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 08

Story Info
The beginning of the investigation into the attack.
15.6k words
4.82
9.3k
3

Part 9 of the 15 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
donalde
donalde
205 Followers

Here is chapter 8 for your enjoyment. I ask for your forgiveness for any small grammar or spelling errors it is mostly self- edited. I would like to thank my Beta reader Willieone for all of her help and advice. I hope you enjoy this chapter and ask that you take a moment to vote and let me know what you think about this chapter .

thank you,

donalde

****************************

Charles was shocked as he watched the replay of the gun battle between Amelia and the unknown gunman. He heard the person yell vampires and open fire then a fraction of a second later there was two muzzle flashes coming from an invisible weapon. Charles watched as the man shuddered from the impact of the rounds and then saw him returning fire. He watched as a Glock became visible as it hit the ground. The man was tackled by an invisible force and he screamed go to hell and then he set off the firebomb he had strapped to his chest that caused Mitch's flaming body to become visible. There was a scream a moment later and Linda's rapidly mummifying corpses appeared on the ground. The last image that Charles managed to see was the van the woman had used leaving the parking lot. While Charles was watching, the news reports Andrew and Neil managed to get in touch with their respective mates. Andrew was upset that both Amelia and Catherine were wounded but was glad to hear that their wounds were relatively minor. Amelia had reassured him that she was ok and they were heading back to Agatha's just make sure the baby was ok.

Charles received calls from the other enforcers wanting to know who was behind exposing them to the media like this. They wanted to know how he had allowed it to happen and what he was going to do to prevent any further damage. Half of the enforcer were threatening to have Charles replaced if he didn't get this situation rectified and soon. Only a few of the other enforcer would give him a chance to explain what had happened and only three of them believed that Amsu was behind it. Vladimir Demidov was the only one to offer his full support and if necessary, he would give Charles and his family a safe haven. He also pledged any assistance that Charles needed.

Susan talked to Emma and was relieved to hear that she was uninjured. She was not happy that Amelia and Catherine were wounded but was relieved that their wounds weren't life threatening and did agree that it was a good idea to have Catherine checked out by Agatha just to be sure the baby was uninjured. She told Emma that she was going to have Andrea, Greg, Samantha, and Sarah join them to act as additional security. She also stated that they weren't allowed to leave secure areas with less than a full security detail and they are to have a detailed itinerary logged before they leave. Emma knew full well it would be useless to argue with her mother and did agree that it was a good idea for the time being.

Scott started to go feral when Catherine told him she had been wounded it was only her reassurance that both her and the baby were fine that allowed him to stay in control of his baser side. He wanted to go meet Catherine at Agatha's but Catherine and Amelia both promised to call him if anything was wrong and to stop by Biomedtronic so he could see her once they were done at the doctors, so finally he agreed to finish his meeting. Scott and Susan returned to the meeting and by the time that Catherine had arrive they had worked out a deal with the scientist his formula while not suitable for use yet was years ahead of the current research. His research also had produced several promising treatments for blood disorders. The deal was contingent on Susan's own scientist being able to reproduce the results that he claimed to have achieved.

Agatha quickly examined Catherine as soon as she arrived. She was pleased to reassure her that the baby was doing well. She said it was no need to remove the bullets from her chest they wouldn't cause Catherine any trouble. Agatha did remove the bullet from Amelia's wrist in order to allow her wrist heal properly with full range of motion and to prevent her from having discomfort. Once they were back on the road each of the mated woman called their other half to let them know what Agatha had said. Gloria called Susan then Charles.

Andrew calmed after finding Amelia was not injured seriously and started to wonder how Amsu had known where to find the woman. He used the computer to start making a list of suspects once he was done he started to try to narrow it down. He knew he could cross off Neil and Scott off his list no vampire would risk their mate. He also crossed off Charles and Susan off the list if for no other reason he knew they would not risk Emma. Amelia, Gloria and Catherine he trusted and eliminated them from the list. That left eleven people that had known that Emma and Catherine were going to the doctors and then to the mall.

It was no secret that Catherine and Emma would visit the mall after going to Catherine's appointment. Normally Dawn was their only security. Andrew was pondering a couple of things that didn't add up at first, first how Amsu found out that Emma and not Scott was taking Catherine to the doctors. Then assuming this was a planned operation how did Amsu arrange for the press to be there. How did he do it Scott had only realized a couple days ago that he had scheduled the meeting on the same day as Catherine's appointment.

He started his investigation by trying to identify the person who had attacked his family if he could find then may be it would give him a clue to the traitor's identification. He used the news stations web site to try to get clear picture of the person. Andrew started by going through Charles' database that contained not only all of Charles and Susan's people but also all of the major players in the vampire world and their known associates. Andrew also ran a check through local and federal agencies. Emma and Gloria both were sure that the kid was not a vampire but he most certainly wasn't human. That meant he was a lycan.

While that search for the attacker's identity was going on, Andrew pulled up the files on his list of suspects and started going through them. He was about half way through the second file when he felt Amelia enter the room he looked up with a smile seeing her standing there. He quickly rose and went over and cocooned her in his arms. The two of them stood there comforting each other not saying a word for several minutes. The two of them then shared a tender kiss before they separated.

"I will be back in a little bit I want to get a quick shower. Then I can help you with your search," Amelia said as she started to head to the bedroom they shared.

Andrew knew that Amelia had picked-up on his line of thinking from their bond and was thankful for it. He went back to the files he had been reading when Amelia came in. About twenty minutes later Amelia returned and quietly set down in the chair across from Andrew and started reading the next file. The two of them were soon lost in their work and the only communication was through their mental link.

Neil had been running interference for Charles since the attack had occurred. He was trying to reassure the local vampire population that they were already investigating the incident and trying to determine if it was an isolated event or some unknown group that somehow learned of the existence of vampires. When Emma walked into the office, Neil was in the middle of arguing with Erik Ferranti. "Erik I don't give a dam how much money you have Charles is not available." Neil explained through clenched teeth. He had been telling this fool the same thing for the last twenty minutes. He thought because he was one of Charles main suppliers.

"I do not think you understand my good man I have to talk to him directly I know he would want to update me directly and not have one of his underlings do it." Erik said emphasizing each word.

"Erik I am not only Charles personal assistant but his son in-law so I am more than able to assist you." Neil stated firmly.

"I know who you are but you are not Charles so I demand that you put me through to him immediately. I have to know if it still safe for me to be your distributor after all I have many people who depend on me. " Erik ordered angrily.

"Who are you to demand a dam thing you are just some self-important asshole that thinks he is more important than he is. Now I would suggest that if you want any assistance today you tell me what your problem is so I can resolve it for you." Neil replied in a heated tone.

"You don't have the authority to handle it, now put me through to Charles and I may not mention how rude you have been to me." Erik smugly demanded.

Emma hearing the conversation and watched as Neil struggled for control. She watched as his eyes started to darken signaling that he was nearing the end of his tolerance. "Love, just tell him we are terminating his contract and if he has a problem let me have him," Emma mentally said with an evil grin on her face.

"Erik, I'm sorry to inform you that we no longer require your services please send us an itemized invoice for the work you have done for us since the last billing cycle and I will see it promptly settled." Neil replied in a cold hard voice. He knew that Charles had given Erik the contract so the he could save his business.

"Neil, do you think that Charles will allow you to cancel the contract? You really must be delusional." Erik challenged in a snug tone.

"Erik it is done and nothing you can say will change the fact that we are going to use a new supplier for Sanguinem. Good day sir." Neil ended the call with more than a bit of satisfaction. Erik was a pain in the ass on his best day and his self-important holier than thou attitude had always grated Neil's nerves. Neil looked at his mate and gave her a small smile. "Thank you my love. He was demanding things he had no right to demand and insisted that he was too important to deal with me a mere underling. I didn't want you to have to get involved but I was never given authority to terminate a contract," Neil mentally explained.

Emma moved to her mate and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down for a kiss. Just as their lips meant the phone rang. Neil groaned when he saw Erik's number appear on the caller id. He was just about to answer it when Emma grabbed the phone. "He is busy Erik now fuck off." Emma growled into the phone.

"Emma please I need a moment of your time your mate is got this crazy notion that he can cancel the contract I have with your father," Erik nervously pleaded.

"That is because he can. If he said it is cancelled then the contract is cancelled. He has full authority to make decisions for the family businesses. Now is there anything else I can help you with Erik?" Emma sternly corrected Erik's earlier assessment.

"Emma please be reasonable it would be a major detriment to your father's business if you cancel the contract," Erik argued.

"You should feel lucky I am being reasonable because if I wasn't you would be looking for a new head for the way you spoke to my mate. If I were you, I would hang up now and start looking for a new area to operate in. Do I make myself clear?" Emma quietly warned. Neil knew that when she spoke in this quiet soft tone it didn't bold well for the person she was speaking to. He wondered if Erik was smart enough to realize he just went too far.

"Emma I hope that you and your father can live with your decision. Tell your father I will have my legal department contact you all to work out the compensation I am due for you all reneging on the contract. I fully intend on making you honor this contract. This is not over Emma!" Erik angrily warned.

"Why Erik are you threatening me?" Emma asked in a sickie sweet voice.

"No; I am just warning you that there are consequences for your actions." Erik chastised Emma as if she was a child.

"Erik you seem to forget whom you are talking to. You will vacate my father's territories by sundown or you will not live to see tomorrow if I have to kill you myself. Am I in any way unclear?" Emma ordered not trying to hide her anger.

"Emma please don't do this my whole life is here. I have a business and my mate and her family are here." Erik pleaded realizing too late that he went too far. He knew if Emma forced him to relocate, his mate wouldn't be happy and worse yet her father would want his head. Thankfully, his father in-law couldn't take it without endangering Misha. Erik while he knew she was his mate had never really been bothered by the fact he was mated he took other woman into his bed and not just to feed. He knew if she were destroyed today, he wouldn't care one way or the other. Misha on the other hand wouldn't survive the loss of her mate and he had used it as a weapon against his in-laws more than once.

"The only reason I am allowing you to live long enough to leave is because of the great respect I have for your mate and her family normally I would have just had your head delivered to me. So I would advise you take advantage of my charitable mood and get the fuck out of town," Emma warned.

"Love you cannot kill him it would destroy Misha then we would lose a very old ally. You know Anatoly would start a war against us if we caused his daughter to die or go rogue by killing this piece of refuge." Neil mentally reminded her.

"Emma it would destroy Misha to have to be separated from her family," Erik pleaded a twinge of fear was leaching into his voice. He was getting worried he knew his father in-law would most likely cut him off and because of his mismanagement of the business he was broke. Misha did have a trust fund that paid her twenty thousand dollars a month and a sizable stock portfolio that was managed by her father. Erik knew that her monthly Stipend would never be able to support them.

"Neil you know how I feel about Misha but I am tired of this cocksucker using his being mated to her to get his way. I may not kill him but I will lock him in a room somewhere and only feed him enough blood to keep him alive." Emma replied to Neil using her mind while she coldly said," Erik you should of thought about that before you threatened my family. I would suggest you get a packing you have less than four hours to be out of here."

"Emma please don't hurt Misha this way; it will kill her if she has to leave Philly and her family," Erik pleaded.

"Good-bye Erik," Emma said before hanging up and cutting off any more of his whining. Emma then turned her attention to Neil," You are allowed to make any business decisions for the family never let pieces of shit like that tell you differently."

The two of them hugged as the phone started to ring again this time it was Nathan Rydal from the bank. He helped vampires to hide their holding within the banking system and was one of the few vampires that could call Charles directly. "What is up Nate?" Neil answered the phone knowing this wasn't a social call.

"I am just touching base with you to see if you need me to do anything. Should I be worried for my family?" Nathan asked.

"As far as we can tell it was an isolated incident. I believe for the time being Charles will be carrying on with business as usual. If anything changes I will call you." Neil replied in a reassuring voice.

"I saw that Linda died so I am assuming it was Mitch that was the victim of the bomb. Was anyone else hurt seriously?" Nathan inquires his voice full of concern.

"Two others were hurt but their injuries were minor and have already healed. You are correct that Mitch was killed and Linda died from the shock of losing her mate." Neil responded sadly.

"Neil, I Am so sorry to hear about Mitch, Please convey my condolences to your father for me," Nathan sadly said.

Neil promised he would and the two of them talked for a few minutes more before hanging up. Neil phone rang again as soon as he hung up this time it was the leader of one of the small covens; he glanced over and saw Emma was on another line. By the time, he had finished the call Emma was on her third call. The calls were along the same line. How much had the humans found out and how did they find it out? It was going to be a long day.

Andrew and Amelia had taken their time going over the suspect pool out of the eleven that Andrew had identified. They could find no proof that Agatha was involved not mention even if she had leaked the appointment time to Amsu she had no way of knowing about the mall trip. Amelia removed her form the potential suspect list. He also had looked at Andrea and two other people from Susan's security team who had known about the day's itinerary. Andrew was confident that they weren't the source of the leak.

Amelia started pulling the call logs for each of their suspect cell phones and tracking each number. Two of them had made a number of calls to phone numbers from the Middle East. Andrew realized that it was thin but it was something the two of them felt needed to be checked. He was unsure just how they should proceed since one of their suspects was Emma's office manager and the other was Mitch's second in command. He asked mark to discretely pull both of their financial records and look for anything suspicious. Amelia was looking into their personal and business e-mail accounts. She planned to ask Charles about getting access to both of their houses but knew she had to tread carefully so as not to alert them they were under suspicion. They had both considered using Amelia's mental abilities to probe their minds but decided it was best to hold off on that until they had more evidence.

Andrew looked at the clock on the computer, realized they had been going at it for over sixty hours, and knew that they should take a break get cleaned up, eat something and get a few hours' sleep then start back on it with fresh eyes. Amelia quickly agreed. Vampires could go long hours between rest periods with no physical effects but their mental facilities would start to dim and they knew they needed to be sharp or they could miss an important piece of information. The two of them headed into the kitchen to find some food and more importantly blood, it had been days since they drank any and they were both getting extremely hungry now that they had taken a break.

When Amelia and Andrew entered the kitchen Susan took one look at them and frowned, "The two of you should know better. Why in the hell would you go so long without blood? Are you trying to go feral?" Susan admonished sternly.

"I will admit we are hungry but we are nowhere near starving. We just got busy and forgot to feed no big deal," Andrew replied shrugging his shoulders.

"Andrew both you and Amelia lips are thinned and pale that is a sure sign that you are not just hungry but starving when was the last time you took blood?" Susan asked her tone showed her displeasure.

"Umm! About four or five days ago but I have been eating food," Andrew replied defensively.

"Andrew you have to drink blood every two to three days and eat least twice a day by the way candy bars and chips don't count." Susan admonished sternly.

"Ok, we will start eating and taking blood regularly." Andrew promised.

Amelia handed Andrew a glass of blood and an egg sandwich. Just as the two of them started eating, Charles came walking into the kitchen. "We have an ID on the shooter/bomber, his name was Alex Maslin. He was a young werewolf whose parents were killed by vampire three years ago. According to the leader of the local were community he tried unsuccessfully to get other Weres to rise up against vampires. After numerous attempts he just disappeared until today." Charles interrupted before Susan could continue. He then handed a file containing the pertinent information on their suspect.

"Do you think Amsu was involved with his attack?" Amelia asked after she started to read over the file. She handed it over to Andrew. He quickly read the file one thing that stood out was the fact that Maslin lacked the ability to build a device like the one that was used. He also noted that there was no indication that he had the sophistication to plan such an attack. Andrew knew there was a backer who had planned and most likely financed the operation.

donalde
donalde
205 Followers