Amletaine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am," Hittavainen responded sincerely. He, like the wealthy nobles who accompanied the procession, was anticipating the physical and psychological pleasures that came from rutting with a virgin. Unlike the nobles, whose contributions to the Temple had earned their presence, Hittavainen was here because like Veikko he had chosen to be for his own reasons. These reasons were private and the two men did not discuss them. Veikko suspected Hittavainen simply enjoyed the carnal pleasure of it.

Amletaine's population tolerated this mistreatment of their women because in their minds, it was not mistreatment. Amletaine was both the name of the nation and of its church because centuries ago a clever Master of the Temple had convinced the ruling family that their rule was by the gods' will and the best way to appease the gods and guarantee themselves an endless dynasty would be to allow the Temple to adopt the name of the nation. As this had happened so long ago, the Temple and the nation had simply become one, and were inseparable. For the majority of Amletaine's illiterate, unphilosophical and drunken society life without the Temple was inconceivable. They were constantly drunk because it was safer to drink the thin, bitter wine grown in this nation or the dark beers than it was to drink the water. The partisans had found refuge amongst the Northerners because the water there was cleaner than elsewhere, and even had it not been the ground did not support enough in the way of crops to permit the planting of hops or the wasting of grain on brewing beers. This resulted in a population more open to reason, and as mentioned over time the partisans had simply through their presence dispelled some of the mythos that surrounded the Temple, casting away some of the fundamentalism that coloured faith in Amletaine. Simply put, it was easier for the partisans to live amongst those who were not fundamentalists than it was to live alongside those who were.

--

The process behind preparing an acolyte for service as a Priestess of Amletaine's Temple was based on misinformation and ignorance, as well as simple psychology. Firstly, virgins were selected. It was not hard to find virgins in Amletaine's society, one simply found unmarried young women. Some of them, of course, were not virgins. These were made into outcasts and exiled from Amletaine's more hospitable regions, thus making them into examples. By their example others were encouraged to comply with the Temple's edicts. Andrea shifted uneasily but kept pace with the group as they came to the end of the path and into a clearing dominated by a tall marble statue. Gabrielle, flanked by her two subordinates, stood in front of the statue and addressed the group. For the most part, eyes were on the statue, not her, as the morning sun hadn't left its polished surface yet and the inlaid metals and stones glistened and shone as if alive with a new energy.

"Gentlemen," she began. "You will follow Priestess Claire. Do as she instructs. Acolytes, you will follow myself and Priestess Lorraine." Priestess Claire, dark-haired with a red sash tied around her waist underneath her ship's cloak, walked around the right side of the monument followed by a series of eager nobles. Veikko and Hittavainen trailed behind. Andrea followed the other two, glancing at Veikko nervously and hoping she'd be able to pick him out of the group when the time came. She climbed the stairs fronting the wooden building the Priestess led the group to, beginning to unfasten her cloak. Gabrielle's imperious voice greeted them as they gathered in a room where the floorboards were perfectly smooth and the furnishings luxuriant. Many of the girls stared in wonderment at the fine tapestries hanging on one wall. As Gabrielle began to speak Andrea noticed Lorraine bolting the door behind them and her panic returned full force, drowning out Gabrielle's speech so that she only heard the last part of it. "... and be shown sin, made proof against it, so that you may serve the gods well."

Many of the girls were nodding thoughtfully. Stupid cows, thought Andrea, then she suddenly wished she had the same ability to believe this was for the better. Ignorance really was bliss. She bit her lower lip to look apprehensive and forced herself to nod with the others, Gabrielle's imperious gaze sweeping the acolytes, watching them for any sign of recalcitrance. She wished suddenly for her partisan to force the door, bringing cold steel against the Priestesses and whisk her away from here, and in the same heartbeat knew it could not happen. She paid attention closely now, because many of the other girls were. She tried but could not get lost in the rhetoric, tried to but couldn't believe what Gabrielle told them. The Priestess was expounding on the concept of discovering sin so that the acolytes knew what they would be working against, and as Andrea was an intelligent girl from the North, she put two and two together. The nobles and men like Hittavainen were in too good a mood to be here for a sombre religious ceremony. Andrea felt goosebumps form as she realized what the Priestesses meant by being shown sin. Suddenly she understood that Veikko was right. He was her best chance. Gabrielle continued, Andrea's attention returning to what she was saying. "If after this you feel you're not strong enough to fight sin with your fellow novices and Priestesses such as us," she gestured at her subordinate Lorraine, "then you may return home." Some of the girls now looked nervous.

Gabrielle led them to a long hallway. A score of doors led to rooms that branched off from this corridor. The Priestess explained that each of the acolytes were to stand in the doorway to a room and take whichever of the men best suited their fancy inside and permit them to do as they wished. It was sanctioned by the gods, Gabrielle and Lorraine both explained, and all would be forgiven very soon. Now very few of the girls looked confused. Nearly all looked apprehensive, Andrea included. At least I can pick. I can pick Veikko. It'll be all right. The men soon entered, led by the Priestess Claire. The acolytes looked past her to scan the faces of the men following. Andrea set her eyes on Veikko the moment she saw him and didn't let her gaze waver, her lithe body tensed as the nobles left to approach girls who sometimes rebuffed them and as they circulated, looking for a willing acolyte, Veikko put himself between Andrea and the trio of Priestesses at the head of the hallway.

He inclined his head respectfully towards Gabrielle, sensed Andrea stepping back into the room, and the Priestess nodded regally in acknowledgement of his slight bow. Claire smiled slightly, watching Veikko as he unfastened his cloak. The room Andrea stood in was one she would attend to, and Claire liked the Northerner's powerful grace that came with his easy strength. She was looking forward to seeing him again. Put simply, he was her favourite.

--

Veikko's knife rasped out of its scabbard. He tossed his cloak onto the floor at Andrea's feet and stood facing her, the blade gleaming in the light of eight tall beeswax tapers glowing brightly from their sconces. Andrea swore and threw her cloak at the Northerner, trying to reach the closed door behind him. Veikko flicked the cloak out of the air, flinging it down beside his, and caught the fleeing acolyte in one arm. She struggled free, stopped for a second as Veikko caught the fabric of her tunic, then he tapped the back of her knee with his booted foot and she collapsed forward. "You bastard!" she spat, turning to rake her fingers over his eyes. He slammed the knife down into the wooden floor, burying it an inch into the birch, catching her hand and shoving her down beside the knife before she could do him harm. "Vitun mäkärä!" he replied.

She stared up at him. By now his weight was on her, calloused hands holding her by the wrists, one knee between her legs, his hip pressed into her pelvis to hold her body still. "Calm down. We'll need that knife soon. What, did you think I was going to kill you?" She shook her head. "Calm down. I know you're scared. I'm not going to hurt you. Can I let you go without you fighting me?"

"I'm not sure yet."

Veikko grinned and Andrea smiled back, finding it easier to trust him now that she remembered how he'd treated her aboard the ship. "All right. I won't fight you." Veikko let go of her and knelt beside her, unfastening his belt while Andrea sat up. "What now?" she asked.

"First I'll show you what I told you I would earlier. Then we have to make it look as if you were virginal. That will hurt a little. Then to wait for one of the Priestesses." He unbuttoned his tunic and lay it on the floor beside him. He began to shrug out of his linen shirt, then looked at Andrea. "You may want to start taking off your clothes now. It'd make things easier." She hesitated for a second, then lifted the edge of her shirt and undid her thin leather belt. Veikko clucked his tongue appreciatively as was common in the North and East of Amletaine when she pushed her pants down over her muscled legs. She blushed, stealing a glance at Veikko as he pulled his shirt off over his head, the muscle of his chest and arms stretching as he lay the shirt on his tunic. Andrea pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. "You said there was another spot... like the talikheuta? Where?" Her voice wasn't demanding. It was almost girlishly inquisitive. Veikko arranged their clothes, the cloaks forming a bed of sorts and the rolled tunics and shirts a pillow. He could have taken her to the long ottoman at the back of the room, but was perfectly content here on the floor with her. A man's voice groaned, obviously pleasured, though no other sound could be heard afterwards. The walls weren't thin. Veikko patted the cloaks.

"Come lay down. I'll show you." She knelt, shrugging out of her few remaining clothes, and lay down on their cloaks, surprisingly boldly. Her hands rested calmly on her midsection, folded over her navel, her sex and breasts exposed to Veikko who simply smiled softly and touched her shoulder. "Show me how you pleasure yourself." Andrea parted her legs, rested her head on the makeshift pillow, and began to slide her hands down over her pubis to the join of her leg and hip. As her hands moved, Veikko bent forward and kissed her chest softly, between the supple flesh of her breasts. She gasped. He looked at her, wordlessly saying don't stop, and her hands kept tracing over her loins, moving closer to the labia, fingers beginning to tingle with excitement as a warm flush stole from her centre to where Veikko had kissed her.

She watched him intently. Her fingertips touched her sex directly, caressing the lips. His lips brushed over her areolas. They returned with a little more pressure, the slightly rough, wet warmth of his tongue pressing against her nipples, one after the other. Goosebumps rose across her skin in wide swaths, over her belly and upper legs, both her arms, as the warmth from her core intensified and began to surge gently like the sea on a smooth sand shore. It didn't take long. She parted her labia and gently dragged a finger from the bottom of her sex to the top, pulling her wetness, her excitement, over her clitoris. Veikko timed it beautifully and kissed her softly just as the delicate sensation of her finger rolled up from her sex to permeate her body. Instinctively she pressed into his kiss, almost purring as his hand found the nape of her neck.

Andrea closed her eyes as the Northerner's hand saddled hers. He made no move to interfere as she pleasured herself, occassionally kissing her anywheres from just above her navel to her parted lips as the tempo of her breathing picked up. Then his hand slid off hers and he was whispering in her ear. "Like this." His powerful hand took her wrist and led her hand to her breast, and the same instinct that had caused her to press up into the unexpected kiss had her tracing her excitement over the skin of her areolas, circling the nipple in a languid caress. As she did this, his hand returned to her loins and rewarded her by replicating her own touch, his fingers a little rougher, but this felt just that much better. He circled her most sensitive regions, feeling her hips beginning to rock into his hand, moving with that surging tide in her core.

His fingers slid to her threshold. Andrea moaned softly as Veikko entered her, and her hands tugged insistently at his shoulders until he brought his lips to hers. She bit his lower lip and found that this was something he liked. She ascertained this simply when his free arm wrapped around her shoulders and brought her into his chest, pressing her sensitive, arousal-flushed skin against his hardened muscle. Those fingers pressed deeper, his ring and middle finger eventually burying themselves in her willing body as she clung to him. His palm turned to face the ceiling, the light from a taper flickered as the flame edged close to its pool of wax.

Two things happened simultaneously. His fingertips delicately caressed the 'other spot', curling back on themselves to stroke the rear of her pubis. And her body jerked upwards as her back arched. Her mouth opened, she groaned, spasmed, and Veikko intently stroked the same spot again. She quivered, perfectly on edge. The Northerner kissed her and of its own accord her tongue found his, needing to feel closer to the man who brought her this sort of pleasure. She bit his lower lip again and was rewarded with a firm rub, the constancy of which drove her to the brink of orgasm. Andrea shuddered, gasping, and her eyes rolled back in her head as she came.

The feel of her clenching around his fingers was perfection itself. Her lithe body writhed in his arms as she enjoyed herself to the utmost, and this was what Veikko liked most. A few moments later her eyes focused on him and he smiled at her. "Hello again. Enjoy yourself?" Breathless, Andrea nodded and sank against their cloaks, onto his arm. She needed a minute to recover. Veikko slid his fingers from her, tracing intricate patterns around her nipples with the residue of her thick arousal and excitement.

"How... how do I find it, Veikko? Where?" His answer was wordless. He simply tapped her mound, kissed her, and pulled Andrea to her knees. She knelt with him, setting one hand on his shoulder to steady herself. "It can be a challenge. Yours is not far up, you're lucky. Reach inside." She did so unhesitatingly. "Now bend your fingers towards your wrist." Her back straightened suddenly, eyes lighting up in pleasure, both physical and mental, because Andrea was an intelligent girl who simply enjoyed learning. "You're close now, I think. Keep searching. You'll know when you find it." Veikko kissed her neck and bent his back to bring his mouth to her chest once more as she explored, caught her when her back arched again mid-shudder. "There you go." He smiled. "Well done."

There was a pained shout from nearby. It sounded feminine but neither Andrea or Veikko were quite sure. They both glanced at the knife, still standing where it had been stuck into the hardwood floor. "We're running out of time, aren't we?" Andrea asked sadly. Veikko nodded. She sighed. "You can find that spot with a man. It'll be better than all right for you afterwards." She smiled weakly and lay back on the cloaks, spreading her legs. "Make me safe, Veikko," she said quietly. He bent forward and kissed her, working the knife out of the floor with gentle rocking motions. She kissed back hungrily, exploring his body with her hands and marvelling at his self control. If she'd done this with her partisan he would have held her down and ravished her, which she enjoyed, but this slow play excited her terribly despite their circumstances. Their kiss ended.

"May I have you?" Veikko asked, in the formal tense of his Northern dialect. Andrea grinned, then outright giggled, and Veikko laughed. "I don't know why I said it like that."

"Yes, Veikko. I want you to." She smiled and hooked her calves around his hips. "Please."

"Are you sure?" He asked, teasingly. Andrea tossed her head impatiently. "Oh yes. I want it. So badly. Take me." He kissed her, pressing her down against the cloaks, moving in closer, and her hands raced his to the crotch of his pants. She eagerly pulled his length free as he took her into his arms, letting her back rest against his forearms, his weight on his elbows. She adjusted her legs, wrapping them securely about his waist, laying the tip of his shaft at her threshold. "Let me feel it one last time Veikko."

Without hesitation he indulged her, thrusting with one smooth motion to the hilt. She tipped her head back and moaned, the anticipation and play of the preceding minutes combing to make this one of the most pleasurable experiences of her young life. Veikko felt her quiver around him and knew she was close. Good - he wasn't going to last very long either. Something about her felt better than any other woman he'd had. She gripped him tightly with everything she had. Come on, Veikko. You feel so good. "Mmm. Kiitos. So good." Her voice dripped with excitement, lust, desire. He didn't answer her directly, but as her body responded to his and she tightened around him his pleasured sigh in her ear was all she needed to hear. She pressed up tightly against him and began grinding her clitoris, the talikheuta, against the base of his shaft. Veikko, of course, indulged her. Her breasts pressed into the firm muscle of his chest, hardened nipples tracing ovals as they moved together in the perfect rhythm lovers shared.

"Let me show you something different. You know you can get that feeling were I to take you from behind. Can do that face to face as well." She raised an eyebrow playfully, quizzically, wordlessly asking; show me. "Hold tight." She nodded, he kissed her quickly, and used that same easy strength to get his legs under him without displacing her, settle back on the cloaks, so that she now straddled his lap most delightfully. "Now lean back."

Andrea tried, but unwilling to let go of Veikko's shoulders she couldn't quite get the angle right. He took her wrists in his hands and straightened his arms, letting her lean back a little further until she set one hand on the floor, touching his hand with the other, unwilling to let go. She smiled, the picture of radiant Amletaine beauty, then groaned and clenched around him. "That is worth it," her voice was almost gasping, close to breathlessness. She increased the tempo a little bit at a time.

--

There was a knock at the door. Andrea let go, let herself fall back onto the furs. Veikko plucked his knife up off the floor and whispered an apology to Andrea as he withdrew his length from her. She propped herself up on her elbows. It's okay, she mouthed. He nodded and lay the blade against her threshold, tipping the curve into her flesh. She gasped and he reached forward, setting his hand close to her mouth. She bit him, suppressing her pain by moaning into his hand. He cut further, not deeply, just scoring her flesh until blood welled up around the edge of the blade. He lay it under their cloaks, as the knock at the door sounded again. He kissed Andrea deeply as he thrust into her to coat himself with her blood and her lingering excitement, looking up at the door as it swung open.

Claire couldn't suppress the smile the sight before her generated. "Hello Veikko," she said softly. He nodded deferentially. "Priestess." He withdrew from Andrea, who had been biting her lower lip to keep silent. A groan escaped her lips as she felt the Northerner's length leave her body. It glistened in the light of the tapers where her excitement coated him, a dark glimmer where her blood slicked his skin again. Andrea felt a heady mix of pain and residual pleasure. She wasn't listening to the Priestess and the Northerner talk, though she was watching Claire. The Priestess was clearly admiring Veikko and Andrea felt secretly pleased to have had him and shared in their conspiracy. Claire glanced at Andrea and she caught a hint of... it almost seemed to be envy, that Andrea was having something Claire wanted. The Priestess's expression softened, as if to tell her that she was a lucky girl. Then Veikko was touching her again and her attention swivelled from Claire to the Northerner. "Let me show you another way," he was saying. She simply nodded acceptance and waited to be shown or told what to do. Claire knelt nearby. "Up you get." Veikko patted his hip and Andrea straddled him.