Amor Prohibetur Ch. 18

Story Info
Making adjustments, and a new maid.
9.7k words
4.04
5.3k
6

Part 18 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/02/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finding Paradise Continued

The days came and went, where things more or less calmed down into a new routine. Valerie took the long drive into San Diego and back on most days. Once or twice a week, she'd spend the night with her mother or her sisters, because she always liked to keep in touch with what was going on with them. Valerie's relatives pestered her for money all the time, even after she told them that Nick was in charge of the winnings.

Valerie was very happy on the day that she took the credit card statements from her relatives, one statement per family. She filled out checks from her personal bank account, to the tune of five thousand dollars each, and put them in the payment envelope. Most everyone in her family was happy Valerie did that, as she'd just spent twenty thousand dollars on them. They even threw a small party for her at a restaurant they all went to on special occasions.

For the next few days, Valerie closely watched her three sisters. Two of them were happy with her, now that the novelty of Nick having won the lottery had lost its initial fervor. One sister was treating Valerie the same as always, while another was kissing her butt just a little. Valerie could tolerate that as long as it didn't get any worse. The biggest disappointment was Renata, who resented that Valerie had gotten this big financial blessing and not her. The jealous Renata was spending hundreds of dollars on the lottery, she heard. Not even four days after Valerie had paid off a significant part of her credit card debt, and Renata went off on a shopping spree buying a bunch of expensive things she didn't even need. Renata was nice to Valerie's face, but behind her back she spit the most loathsome venom about her. Valerie could have thrown the messages her sister had sent to her husband into Renata's face, except she didn't want to start any scandals among her relatives, and especially not against Renata's husband and children.

The long drive was the worst part, as sometimes it would take up to three hours of Valerie's day. The stubborn woman didn't want to quit her job, even after Nick insisted that she could afford to. Valerie liked her simple duties as a maid cleaning the same rooms over and over at the hotel. She liked gossiping with the other maids about what their husbands and sons and daughters were up to. At the end of every second week, she liked having a nice little check coming to her. Before, she'd used her money to help Nick pay the bills, but now she was taking her mother out to eat, or buying little things for herself or her nephews. The children didn't care that she was Mrs. Moneybags now; they would squeal with delight over little five-dollar trinkets.

The management for The Seagulls' properties had both Nick and Valerie's phone numbers. One evening while they were walking the beach, both their phones went off at the same time.

"Code red on the highway to Tijuana." Valerie read the message. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know." Nick shrugged. "Let me give them a call."

Nick spoke with a rep for a few minutes, before he ended the conversation and gave his wife a frown.

"What is it, Nick?" Val asked. "What's happening?"

Nick too a deep breath. "I guess there are bad people dropping nails on the highway going north. They're flattening people's tires. When the cars pull over on the side of the road, these, I guess you can call them bandits, they come out to kidnap the drivers."

"You can't be serious!" Val balked. "I use that road all the time now!"

"The federal police are increasing their patrols..."

"I don't care about that!" Val snapped. "How can bandits just pull people out of their cars like that? How can the government let them get away with it?"

Nick watched his wife becoming nervous, enough that she started walking around in a tight little circle. He said, "Things should calm down once they catch the bandits."

"Do you know what they do to kidnap victims in Mexico?" Val asked. "They cut off their fingers to send them to those people's families as proof! Even after the ransom is paid, they kill most of the victims anyway!"

"We have to be a little more careful on the highway..."

"I drive on that road all the time!" Val shouted. "No, Nick. No! I'm not going through any of this shit! Do you understand that?"

"What are you going to do?" Nick asked, knowing it was out of the question to ask his wife to quit her job. He'd tried that half a dozen times before.

"I'll stay with my mother." Val decided. "I'll stay with her during my work week, and I'll drive here on my days off." She looked at her husband. "It's the only way I can be sure that nothing will happen to me. We're paying a monthly toll to use that road! There should be police patrols on the road all the time!"

Nick's shoulders sank like those of a defeated man. For the last quarter century, he'd always had his wife next to him. Thanks to this drastic turn of events, Val was going to be out of town most of the week, from that day forward.

"Let's go to the fish market." Matt said, three mornings later.

Nick had been moping around ever since Valerie had begun staying at her mother's. He couldn't even talk to his wife too long on the phone, thanks to the high international rates between the two countries. Nick dearly missed his wife.

"What's at the fish market?" He asked.

"We might see a lot of fish there." Matt laughed. "Come on, get dressed. We'll have breakfast somewhere first, unless you want to make a disaster in the kitchen again. After that, we'll have a walk through the market. Let's go!"

For breakfast, they ate Huevos Rancheros, which were fried eggs on tortillas topped off with Ranchero sauce, and generous sides of refried beans and chorizo. After the meal, the brothers went on a tour of the bazaar, which was full of Mexican blankets, ponchos, ceramics and other goods. The large fish market came next, where the catches were taken from the boats and directly to the vendor stands.

The brothers had lunch in the front patio of a seafood restaurant. They ordered plates of raw oysters and clams, mixed in with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and jalapenos. For drinks, they had a Michelada, a sort of Bloody Mary with beer and ice. The cups were topped with chili sauce and garnished with celery and lime.

"I know investors have tried this before," Matt mentioned. "But Rosarito produces a lot of commercial goods. I wouldn't be the first guy wanting to import some of this stuff into the U.S."

"There's no market for it." Nick replied.

"Not in San Diego." Matt said. "But what about further north? Maybe people in Oregon or Washington would buy it. You know, the way people buy merchandise themed after the rural Southwest?"

"People from the Southwest buy stuff themed from the Southwest. Besides, the import taxes in moving the stuff from one country to the other will probably make your little business venture unaffordable. You saw how much money they got from us just for letting a small moving truck through."

"Yeah, the taxes will be high, I'm sure." Matt considered. "But think about it. How about a mid-size truck full of blankets and ponchos at, well, at a place like a swap-meet in Los Angeles? Or maybe I can warehouse the merchandise and sell it wholesale to people who can drive it out to the swap-meets and sell it themselves."

"People don't have any spending money in San Diego." Nick reminded him. "Not for those thick winter blankets we saw. People can buy a set of bed sheets for ten bucks."

This time, Matt took a longer time to think things over. "Not in So Cal, but maybe up north where it gets colder, or in the northern states like I said. I think I'll ask around to find out how much things cost to produce around here, and how much it will cost to get them across the border. Do you want to go half and half if I find something worth investing in?"

"Maybe." Nick shrugged. "I'll put up five grand, I guess. Are you sure you can make it work?"

"I can't tell you that yet." Matt replied. "Let me find out what it will take first. Trust me, I don't want to throw five grand into the trash either."

Valerie spent the next couple of days in the new house. She made breakfast for both brothers, before Matt went off to the bazaar and fish market. Nick would hang out with his wife, making love to her, taking her for walks in town or along the beach, and eating at places he and Matt had found previously.

"I hate that you have to drive back to San Diego tonight." Nick lamented, on the afternoon of her second rest day. "I need you here. I feel like I'm losing you."

"I know." Val admitted with some resignation. "You should hear what Renata is saying about you. She's been trying to get back on my good side, you know, ever since she found out I'm staying at my mother's. Renata is saying that you and Matt spend all of your time at the brothels. She keeps telling me to divorce you."

"I don't even know where the brothels are." Nick chuckled. "I stay in the tourist areas and on the main boulevard, and that's it."

"You'd better! Do you really think Matt is going to start up some kind of business, like he keeps saying he will?"

"I don't know." Nick shrugged. "He's got a better head on his shoulders than I do. He'll figure something out."

"Well, as long as he's not getting you into any trouble."

"When has Matt ever gotten me into trouble?" Nick asked. "I could turn that back on you. Is Renata trying to get you in trouble?"

Val turned her head away.

"What? What did she tell you?"

"She said that if you're messing around, I should mess around too." Val revealed. "I know she's saying it because she's trying to break us up. My sister wants to get her hands on our money if we get divorced. She won't stop, Nick!"

Nick frowned. "I know you love your job and everything, but as long as you work there and spend your nights at your mother's, Renata will find you."

"She won't come down here, you know." Val replied. "She'll get jealous if she sees our new house. I understand what you're saying about my job, but it's not just my job! If I leave that, I'll be here all the time with you. I'll hardly be able to see my family! All of my friends and all of my family are in San Diego! I can't walk away from them like you can! They're important to me!"

"I know, I know." Nick nodded. "We'll figure something out. I hope you're not regretting that we got this house."

"This is like the house of my dreams." Val admitted. "I'm happy here, but at the same time, I feel guilty because the rest of my family is still stuck in that same place they were before. Sometimes I don't think I deserve to live here!"

"We talked about this, honey." Nick said, pulling his wife close. "Stop thinking about it so much."

"I can't!"

Nick started kissing his wife.

She held him tightly. "I miss you so much. I have to go in a couple of hours."

Nick walked her up to the third floor bedroom, where they undressed and made love. Because it was Val's favorite position, she got on all fours and let her husband take her that way. She'd been anticipating his lovemaking all week, so much that her mind had put her into a highly aroused state the moment they started fooling around. Val gasped and cried out hot noises, finding bliss quickly and maintaining that high level until her husband climaxed.

After that, she showered, got dressed and left.

The next morning, Nick and his brother were on their tour of the fish market, when a big fight broke out in one of the vendor stalls. Two men, one older, one younger, were arguing and very nearly came to blows until calmer heads broke them up. The result was that the younger man stalked off angrily, while the older man was left shaking his head with his hands on his hips.

"That's Ernesto." Matt said. "He's in charge of the fisherman's union here. I should go over and see what happened."

"That asshole Marcos!" Ernesto complained, once the two brothers stood before him. "He was cheating me! His friends are coming by every other day, and he gives them twice as much fish as they pay for! I know this is going on with some of the other stalls, but I can't watch everyone!"

"What are you going to do?" Matt asked.

"Well, I have to hire someone else to do the job Marcos did!"

"I'll do it." Matt said.

Ernesto looked at him.

"I'll do it." Matt insisted. "I can start tomorrow morning. Pay me whatever you were paying Marcos until I get the hang of it. After that, we'll negotiate a new wage. Ernesto, I know you have a lot of work to do. Once you see that I can do this easy job, maybe you'll give me a chance at a harder one. I can hire new workers for the stalls and I can watch over them. You can take care of everything else. What do you think?"

Ernesto still looked at him.

"I'm not one of these young guys that doesn't care if he gets fired or not. You've seen me around. You've talked to me a couple of times. What did we talk about? When we spoke, it was about how you're making money, and how I want to make money. I told you what I did for a living in San Diego. I know how to manage other people's money better than some twenty year-old kid!"

Finally, the trader relented. "I do need a helper. This is good. You work here for a couple of days, and I'll send you a few people to take the job of Marcos. After this, I will show you how to keep track of inventory and sales. We will try it your way."

Nick watched as his brother shook Ernesto's hand. He also saw Matt wince when Ernesto told him the market opened at five in the morning.

"I've got good news!" Matt called out, when he came home two evenings later. He found his brother sitting in the patio shade, up on the third floor and looking out at the ocean. "Guess what happened today?"

"Ernesto promoted you, like you were hoping for this morning." Nick recalled.

"He sure did!" Matt came by and slapped his brother on the shoulder. He set a six-pack of dark beer bottles on the patio table as he took a seat. "No more getting up at four in the fucking morning! I hired two young people, right, and I told them I'd be watching them both. The first one that gets caught screwing around will be fired, and then whoever stays will get the full-time hours. I'm sure that will keep them both honest."

"And what happens to you?"

"I get to watch over that one stall and the two stalls to either side." Matt replied. "After about a week of that, Ernesto is gong to take me out to meet the fishermen. That guy hasn't taken a vacation in years, because he's been trying to run the entire operation by himself ever since his partner passed away. He wants to take about a month to train me as a part-time afternoon supervisor, so that somewhere down the line he can at least work shorter hours than the ten to twelve hours he's working now. I'll be working eight to six, give or take, until I get the afternoon post."

Matt popped open a bottle and handed it to his brother, before he opened a second bottle for himself. Glumly, Nick took a swig.

Matt slapped his brother's shoulder again. "What's wrong with you?"

"Oh, nothing." Nick sighed. "I just miss Val, that's all."

"You'll see her in a couple of days." Matt consoled him. "I did something else today."

When Matt said no more, Nick turned to look at him. "What else did you do?"

"I hired a maid for us." Matt beamed back.

"You did what?" Nick burst out. "Why didn't you ask me about this?"

"Because you're a pussy." Matt laughed. "All you would have done is to call Val, and she would have said no. Don't worry. She's old and fat. Her job is to make breakfast and dinner for us, and to keep the house dusted and all that. Her name is Liliana, but we can call her Lily. She works part-time hours at the fish market, by the way. Once she makes us breakfast, I'll take her to work with me. You'll still have to make your own lunch, buddy, but your other meals are covered."

"When can we expect this woman?" Nick wondered.

"Tomorrow morning at seven."

Thanks to Matt's loud alarm clock, Nick was up at the same time his brother was. That would be six forty-five, which was way too early for him. To make sure he was up, Matt started calling up from the second floor.

"I'm coming, damn it!" Nick said, as he ambled into the bathroom to freshen up. Since they were expecting the new hired help, he put on a shirt and shorts and made his way to the bottom floor.

The maid showed up at five minutes after seven. Nick already had an impression of what she would look like: black hair, short, stout body, in her late forties maybe. The woman that walked into his house shattered those assumptions. Lily was as tall as the two brothers, with hair dyed in a rich blonde-brown. She was in her thirties, handsome and nearly beautiful, with black eyes that pierced into the brothers. Lily was dressed as they were, wearing casual attire, with her orange-size breasts filling out her blouse and her long legs leading out of her shorts. There was no way on Earth that his wife would have agreed to have that woman working for them as a maid.

"These are my clothes for the market." The woman held up a full plastic bag. "They will smell like fish later! Now, show me where the kitchen is!"

Matt took her bag, tossing it on the couch before he led Lily away. He came back a couple of minutes later.

"I thought you said she was fat and ugly." Nick mentioned.

"I never said that!" Matt joked. "Okay, so maybe I misjudged what she looked like, just a little."

Nick smirked. "We can't let Val see her. She'll have a cow. How much are you paying her, anyway?"

"Twenty bucks a day." Matt shrugged. "Whenever she cooks for us, she's going to eat with us. She usually works six hours a day during the busy morning hours, so after her shift is done I'll bring her over to clean the house."

"Wait, wait." Nick said. "What time does she get off?"

"Three to four, usually, unless the market is still busy."

"And you don't come home until around six?" Nick calculated. "I can't be alone with that woman for two hours!"

"Why not? Just hide in your room if you want to."

Nick shook his head. "Val is going to hit the roof when she finds out."

"Why? This is my maid, not yours! Let's go see what she's making for breakfast."

It was awkward, later that afternoon when Matt dropped Lily off. Nick took her on a tour of the entire house first, before he showed her the scant cleaning supplies his wife had brought from San Diego.

"I have to make a list." Lily said, once she'd removed her smelly market clothes for what she'd worn that morning. "I need floor cleaner for the floors and glass cleaner for the windows. You have so many windows here! I need gallons of glass cleaner! Oh, and I need supplies to clean the toilets and baths. I need, what do you call them?"

She made a vigorous motion with her hand.

"Rags?" Nick asked.

"No, like scratchers... Scrubbers! That's what I need for the bathrooms. Until I have those supplies, all I can do is sweep and dust furniture. Do you have a mop here?"

"No, we didn't bring one."

"We have to buy one! I will put it on my list. Do you have a car?"

"No, I got rid of it because I hardly drive anywhere." Nick said. "I'll ask my brother if I can use his car tomorrow. We'll go out to buy the supplies you need."

"This is good." Lily nodded. "I will dust and sweep for two hours, and when Matt comes home, I will make dinner for us. Okay?"

"Sure." Nick nodded.

When Lily walked off, Nick's eyes went directly to her ass, which was actually pretty nice. A moment later, he turned his head, suddenly mad at himself for having looked. Hoping to keep any lusty thoughts away, he went into the living room to sit down. When she came back with the duster, she saw him sitting there.

"You don't watch television?" Lily wondered.

"No, not really." Nick shrugged. "I like sitting here looking at the ocean. My old house in San Diego didn't have any view past the street and the house on the other side."