Amorous Goods: The Pendulum

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack directed her into the studio, where a backdrop was prepared, along with a lighting stand and tripod.

Jack offered Vikki a cup of coffee. She accepted, and while Jack was in the kitchen, she took a look around. The studio section was clearly devoid of any pendulums, or anything else except for a couch and a glass coffee table.

Jack walked in with two cups of coffee, placing them on the table.

"Oh, sorry, did you want to take your coat off?"

Vikki laughed.

"I forgot, thanks."

She took off her trench coat and handed it to Jack.

"Okay," said Jack, reclining into the couch, unfazed by her dress. "Did you have any ideas in mind for a photoshoot?"

"Well," said Vikki, "I like, erm, certain things. Certain things...in particular."

"Certain things in particular,' said Jack, 'that's always a good start."

"I like...colour. Like what I'm wearing right now."

Jack nodded encouragingly.

"Colour," he repeated. "Colour is good. You can be pretty creative with...colour."

"Yes, I love it. Listen, can I use your bathroom?"

"Of course. Upstairs, on the right."

"Thanks."

Vikki couldn't leave that room fast enough. Breaking and entering would have been an easier way to get this pendulum.

She stepped onto the landing and looked around. His bedroom was to the left. If she had a magical pendulum, that is where she would keep it. She entered.

Vikki saw the king size bed, a nightstand, and a wardrobe next to an antique fireplace.

She tried the nightstand. Nothing.

She approached the wardrobe, looking inside. There were a couple of suits and blazers hanging up. Some shoes and trainers down below. A few shirts on hangers. Nothing.

She closed the wardrobe to see Jack leaning against the door, watching her.

"I knew you weren't a model."

"No, I'm not, listen-"

"You're the shittiest con artist I've ever met," said Jack, calmly.

"Listen!" exclaimed Vikki. "I'm not trying to rob you. You remember Toronto? Last year?"

"Toronto?" said Jack, confused. It had been a year, but Toronto felt like a lifetime away.

"You went to my uncles store," said Vikki. "Amorous Goods. Ring any bells?"

It was flooding back now. That weird brick mansion.

"God!" he exclaimed. "Yeah. That place."

"And you bought something, didn't you?" asked Vikki. "A pendulum."

"The pendulum? Is that why you're here?"

"Yes."

"So, you came all the way from Canada, just to get this pendulum?"

"Hear me out, okay? Do you know where that pendulum comes from? The history behind it?"

"The Liber Virtute?"

"Yes," said Vikki, "you've read it, haven't you?"

Jack's eyes widened.

"You know?" he gasped.

"About Rozrael?" said Vikki. "Yes. And you know too, don't you."

"Yes. We've made...arrangements."

"Listen Jack, Rozrael is dangerous. She's using you. If you carry on helping her,

the results won't be pretty."

"I've been trying to get rid of it. It keeps coming back."

"Good. You don't need that pendulum any more. If you give it to me, I can help you."

Jack reached into his pocket and pulled the pendulum out. It swung in her direction, although only by a few inches.

"I know what that means. Don't get your hopes up," said Vikki.

"Don't flatter yourself love," replied Jack. "I'm in a relationship."

"Come with me. Meet my friend in the café around the corner. We can end this."

Jack suspected that Vikki and her friend, whoever they were, just wanted this pendulum for their own ends. He didn't care.

"Fine, let's go."

Vikki explained the shop, and her uncle's dreadful legacy to Jack as they left his studio and headed towards the café. After his experiences with Rozrael, it seemed plausible.

Marshall seemed startled to see Vikki walk into the near-empty café with Jack. Vikki saw that he was in the middle of hitting on the buxom, middle-aged woman behind the counter while he drank tea from a china cup. Vikki interrupted them mid-laugh.

"Vikki?" exclaimed Marshall.

"Marshall, this is Jack," said Vikki. "He knows."

"Jack," said Marshall. "Do you understand? Do you know why the pendulum has to

go?"

"I understand. Rozrael wants to possess my girlfriend. I'm not having that. I want rid of it."

"Do you have it?" Marshall asked.

"Here."

Jack took the pendulum out of his pocket and placed it on the table.

"Take it," Jack said. "Do what you want. As long as I never see it again."

"The problem is," Marshall said, "that pendulum is bound to you. We need to perform the ritual that will banish her influence from you and this world.'

The café owner was giving them funny looks as she cleaned the tables.

"A ritual," asked Jack. "That's it?"

"It's pretty simple. But we'll need some privacy."

"Fine," said Jack. "I know where to go."

Jack led them to a grassy area just around the corner, with sharp rocks that descended into the sea. It was a sunny day, but with a cool sea breeze.

"This'll do," said Marshall, pulling out the vial of holy water from his satchel. He faced the sea, holding the pendulum above him, dangling it over the open vial.

"Rozrael," Marshall called out. "Return back from whence you came, in God's name, and in the holy name, Dipelamost."

As he said that last word, he dipped the pendulum down into the vial, sealing it. A

chill wind picked up around them, then dissipated.

"That's it?" said Jack.

"Hopefully," said Marshall. "We'll take this pendulum now. It shouldn't trouble you

anymore."

"Fine," said Jack. "I don't need it any more. Rozrael was really helpful to me when

I hit rock bottom. But now, I don't need her help. I can take it from here."

"You're right," said Vikki. "you seem to have everything figured out now. Good luck."

"Here's my number," said Marshall, handing him a cheap business card. "If that pendulum ends up back in your hands, call us. We'll be in the country until the end of the week."

They parted, and Jack never did call that number.