An Angel's Fix Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
photodad
photodad
493 Followers

He did a good imitation of the Tim Allen grunt.

Ashley shook her head, but grinned. "Oh boy. How much, Joe?"

"Not quite Jarvis from Ironman?" He felt like ducking as he said this, and it was more of an apprehensive statement than a question.

"Really?! How close?"

Joe knew he scored big when her tone was excited rather than irritated. "Okay, the light switches are panels embedded in the pillars, But, they're more for backup, since the lights are also voice-activated."

"Lights!" Ashley happily chirped, but nothing happened. "Lights off?" Still nothing.

Jasmine snickered.

"Jazz, you did the same thing when I showed you," Joe scolded. "Think Jarvis, Ash. But first, to bring up the panel, touch a pillar about shoulder high."

She did, and a soft computer-generated image appeared through the paint, depicting several buttons. "Whoa," she giggled.

"Yes. Cool, huh? We first had the panels on top of the paint, but it looked odd. Under the paint, it's not tacky but it's focus is a bit hazy, although you can still easily see the functions. It also controls the air temperature and speaker volume."

"Yes it is cool," she replied as the image timed out and disappeared. "So, that's why Jill and Jasmine walked away when we first got here?"

"Yup, had to make sure some lights were on for you!" answered Jasmine.

"But you said something about voice-activated. And I didn't see a TV button on the control panel," Ashley almost whined.

Joe took Ashley by the hand and led her in front of the couch, facing the window. "Now you know the background, the rest is easier. We named the house controller 'Molly'."

"You named a computer?" Ashley snorted in making jest. "And you said I was the techno-geek!"

"Shut up!" he playfully retorted. "It makes voice commands more natural. Try it."

"TV on, Molly," Ashley said sheepishly. As she mostly expected, nothing happened.

"Oh yeah." Joe snapped his fingers, admonishing himself for forgetting a part. "Sorry, we're still working on it. Her name has to come before the command. And, you can speak as you would normally to a person."

"Molly, turn on the TV," Ashley said to the window.

Magically, the window frame was filled with video from Animal Planet. The display looked just like the one featured in the TV show 'Caprica', and Ashley and Kim's mouths fell open, but Kim was the first to find her voice. "Now THAT is fucking cool!"

"It gets better," Jill happily countered.

"How can it get better?" Ashley asked.

Jill smiled and said, "Molly, I can't quite see the picture."

In response, the background in the window went black, and the picture became incredibly vivid.

Ashley clutched Joe in happiness. "Oh my God, sweetie! I love my Christmas Present!"

"But I'm not done yet," Joe pouted then kissed the top of her head.

"There's more?"

In answer, Joe said, "Molly, can you make the picture fill three windows?" The picture expanded to the panes on either side. He preempted the astonished gasps with, "Molly, I'd like to see it in the kitchen." And, the windows in front of them changed back to normal. The group turned around, and the video had indeed moved to the windows over the kitchen. Joe said, "Molly, I'm back here." The video moved to the window he tapped.

"Holy crap!" exclaimed Kim.

"I know, right?" agreed Ashley. "I'm glad I just peed, because I think there'd be a puddle right about now."

"It still gets better," sing-songed Jill.

"Molly, we'd like to hear you now, please."

"Thank you Joe." The voice was young and pleasant.

"Molly, the TV, too," he said.

Well-concealed speakers began playing audio from the program.

Ashley and Kim had their faces skewed in a mixture of awe and pure joy. Jill was smiling, too, but said, "Okay, Joe, I think she gets how it works, and she can play with the commands later. Show her the REAL cool thing."

"Molly, play the surround demo," he said in response. All the windows changed to video, showing the flying clip from Epcot's 360 degree movie in the Canada showcase. It ended after a bit and returned to the previous program, and he said, "I had the system installed on all the windows."

Ashley was bobbing up and down, clapping. "I love it! I love it!"

Jasmine spoke up. "Joe, I think Jill means the other real cool thing."

Joe came up behind Ashley, wrapped his arms around her and started them walking to another window. "This part is what you'll really love," he said sweetly to her.

She turned up toward him and gave his lips a peck. "Is this finally it? I don't know how much more my heart can take."

"Mostly. The rest is you figuring it out as you play with it. Are you ready?" he asked.

"Sure," Ashley said, actually unsure of what was coming.

"Okay. I made the controller a server, and it synchs up with your laptop every once in a while." Then he gave her instructions.

Ashley tapped the window in front of her and said, "Molly, good morning." A 'home page' of sorts appeared before her, specially designed to the unique display, as the background was the landscape outside. Drawn in mostly green and blue outlines were upcoming events from her weekly planner, weather, calendar, and music news headlines. She found she could reposition each element by touch, and even open stories from the headlines. Joe told her that she could also change or add to the items that would display.

She turned toward Kim. "Now, THAT is FUCKING cool!" she said in a taunt while pointing over her shoulder at the window with her thumb. Kim could only nod her agreement.

Ashley toyed with her window display for a while, and Joe told Kim that she and her role with Ashley were not forgotten. He was having Carter install a second version of the prototype on all the windows back home. As engrossed in her playing as Ashley was, the statement caught her attention and she asked how much these systems cost. Joe's answer shocked her at first, but he said that the astronomical figure was purely due to THIS one being the prototype. A production version identical to this setup was projected to come in at around $15k.

"But Joe!" Ashley whined. "For what this one did cost, you could have bought like eight of these penthouses!"

Joe chuckled. "Relax, sweetie. This and the other one are payment for my concept idea and theory on how it might work."

Jill came up and stroked Ashley's back. "This thing works in movie worlds, because they can computer generate the effect post-shoot. But Joe figured out a way to do it FOR REAL, and that's worth a lot. In other words, Ash, this is Carter's thank you gift."

"I got it, Jill," Ashley smarted.

Kim had a hearty laugh, as she normally was the one to poke fun at Ashley's sometimes sluggish comprehension. She stepped up to Ashley's screen before Ashley could berate her for laughing. Kim saw what Ashley seemed to be trying for, but failed to reach. She moved some pages around on the window, tilted a couple of smaller ones, and overlapped edges of others. Once done, she stepped back and admired her handiwork.

Kim asked Ashley proudly, "There, is that what you were going for?"

Ashley hung her mouth open and nodded. "Uh huh. How'd you know?"

Kim shrugged.

Jasmine grinned. "I see now! It's a bulletin board. Hmm, maybe some finishing touches." She tapped the window under the display. "Molly, save as Good Evening Ashley. Now, Molly can you add a cork board to the group as the bottom layer?"

"Yes, Jasmine. Would you like it with a border or without?" the computer responded, presenting each option as it was said.

Jasmine looked critically and cocked her head. "Molly, without border, and fade by 20%. Molly, please fill each page with a legal pad background, matching page rotation."

Each block got filled in with the canary yellow notepad design. "Task complete, Jasmine. Thank you for being polite."

Ashley cocked her head at the last sentence.

"Molly will thank you for using a polite phrase once per day," Jill answered the unspoken question.

Jasmine took a step back and verbally asked for some graphical elements. She then arranged the pieces by swiping them around the window until she was satisfied. "Molly, please save as Good Morning Ashley." She waited for the completion response, then turned to Ashley. "You like it? This one will display during daytime to make it easier for you to see."

Ashley took in the haphazard display, but it made perfect sense to her. The cute flowers in the corners, and personal pictures of her and her friends filling in the spaces between "notes" made things interesting to read. "Love it! I absolutely love it!" She wrapped an arm each around Kim and Jasmine and gave them a squeeze. "You guys know me so well! It's a perfect dorm message board!" Her face suddenly changed in a realization and she walked briskly toward the elevator. "I'll be back in a minute," she said.

Kim knew what just happened in her new boss's head, and went to go down with Ashley while the others were dumbfounded, but let it go. A few minutes later, they returned, each with a large decorated bag in hand. Ashley instructed them to all sit in the living room and she gave each a "special" Christmas present.

"At least I was thinking these were going to be special," she said. "That is until I saw this place. Now, they'll seem so lame in comparison."

Everybody grumbled their own brush-off before Jill opened hers. Tears came to her eyes as she read the card that was attached to a lead crystal carousel horse.

Before Jill could speak, Ashley explained the rationale behind the gift. "I know you worry about your mom and how she's living. As I said in that card, the maid service will be there every day this week and get the house to presentable condition. Then they'll be there three times a week to keep it that way. Don't be embarrassed, it's what they're paid to do, and they understand what's involved to start with. Your mom has been sent a messenger who will notify her in person that she's won a sweepstakes for lifetime maid service. Just like that figurine, her place will be unblemished if you should ever want to take Ken over to meet her. And, without her feelings getting hurt."

Jill handed the horse to Jasmine to admire, then jumped up and threw her arms around Ashley's neck. Openly sobbing in joy, she croaked out a thank you in Ashley's ear.

Ashley smiled and looked at Kim expectantly after Jill returned to her seat on the couch. Kim's response when she opened her gift was similar to Jill's, even though it was in an envelope and not a box. In almost disbelief, Kim fanned out the pack of certificates that each stated it was good for any first-class flight.

"I know those slips are handmade," Ashley apologized while nodding toward her ornate handwriting. "Airlines don't use paper tickets until almost boarding time. I just wanted to show you what it's possible to get. In case you're wondering if the offer is real, in the bottom of the envelope you'll find gift cards from four carriers. Each has enough on it for four last-minute first-class seats. It's up to you what class you want to fly. I won't fly again, but I figured you or your parents would. We've kept you from them long enough."

Kim flung her arms around Ashley, stating that she didn't know what to say. Ashley answered with a suggestion of "thank you," to which Kim stated her gratitude.

Jasmine was next and she screamed like a 14 year old at her first concert when she unwrapped her box, revealing a top shelf digital video camera.

Ashley sounded embarrassed as she said, "It's not a recording studio."

Jasmine sniffled back a happy tear. "Don't worry about that. This is just as awesome for me."

"Well, I noticed you've started edging toward a new hobby of video editing and such, and thought you might like it," Ashley offered.

"Like it?! I love it! Can't wait to start playing with these settings!" Jasmine responded while giving a similar hug as the others. Her grin implied an intimate thank you would be in order soon.

"I had one more gift for you, but it's back at the apartment," Ashley directed toward her girlfriend.

"No, it's not," Joe interjected. "Apartment's empty now." He saw several emotions flash across Ashley's face, so he got up and pecked her forehead before walking toward the stairs. "Hang on sweetie, I had it brought here."

Ashley watched him take the steps two at a time, disappear into the storage closet, then come out with a large gift wrapped box. She blew a sigh of relief. "Wait! Just open it for her there," Ashley called up to him. Then to Jasmine, "This gift is kind of silly, now that I think about it."

Joe tore away the paper, revealing a plain cardboard box.

"Just what I always wanted! A play fort!" Jasmine quipped.

"Nah, it's definitely not an empty box," retorted Joe. "A tad heavy for that."

"It's not that heavy, I could lift it easily," complained Ashley. "Pull out what's inside, Joe! Stop playing around." Then as an afterthought, "And watch the railing!"

"Yes ma'am," he responded as he popped the lid free of its staples. "What the hell is it?" he asked as he peered inside, then lifted out an odd piece of furniture.

As it came into view, Jasmine's face held a look of befuddlement.

"It's an ergonomic stool," Ashley explained, nodding up at the two gray padded benches connected by curved maple rails.

"I know what it is," Jasmine said. Her voice was overall joyful, but tinged with bewilderment. "I've always wanted one. What confuses me is how did you know I was getting you the studio?"

"Huh? I didn't," Ashley blurted. "Why do you say that?"

"The style and colors match perfectly in that room!" Jasmine then proceeded upstairs to put the confused faces of Joe, Kim, and Jill to rest. She perched her butt on the upper bench, hooked her legs around and in between and knelt on the bench in front. Seeing her in position, everyone finally understood the piece and agreed that it did look comfortable.

By now the last of the sunset had faded and the penthouse was dark. Jasmine noticed everybody starting to squint and said, "Molly, turn lights on for all downstairs. Um, about two-thirds."

The room got brighter as the lighting theatrically faded up. "Wow," Ashley commented. "It's so, um, natural, I guess."

"Exactly!" beamed Jasmine. "It's all indirect; the beams bounce off walls or ceilings. The fixtures are hidden by corners, railings, and such. But here comes the best part. Molly, we'd like to read."

A very long slender black boom that was cleverly hidden along a balcony rail swung out over the living room. As the motion stopped, four beams of LED light shown down on the couch and love seats, making for perfect reading.

"That's awesome!" exclaimed Kim and Ashley nodded.

Joe came back down and Ashley handed him his box, wrapped in thick gold foil and garnet ribbon. Inside was an FSU game football autographed by Bobby Bowden, and was set on a clear acrylic stand. "WOW," he gasped. "But why does it say 'Best of luck with the firecracker'?"

Ashley grinned. "Okay, so what had happened was..." She had to pause for the laughter. "Seriously though, I saw Bobby and Ann at Governor's Square Mall, and I went up to him and introduced myself. I told him you were my husband and that you were recruited by Florida State. But now even though you decided not to play, a football signed by his legendary self would make a great gift for you."

The girls were snickering and Joe was outright laughing. "Wait," he said. "Did you actually say 'your legendary self' to Coach Bowden?"

"Yeah, why?"

Joe chuckled, shaking his head. "Never mind, continue."

"Anyway, he said he would sign one, but didn't have a football with him. So, I tell him I'd find him again after buying one. I run down to the sports store and get a game ball and run back and find him leaving a store a little ways from where he was. Then he said he didn't have a pen, so I said I'd be right back, but Ann said they were on their way out. I said okay, if I find them again, great. If not, that was okay, too. So I run back toward the dollar store..."

"Holy crap," Jill said. "You ran? They must have thought you were nuts!"

"Yeah, I ran," Ashley smirked. "I didn't want them to get away. For an old guy, he's pretty quick!"

"Correction," Jasmine interjected. "You WERE nuts!"

Ashley glared with wider-open eyes. "SO, I run back to the dollar store, get a Sharpie and pay for it, and run back. But they had left. So I run into the parking lot and can't see squat, since I'm so short. I ran along the front of the aisles, and happen to catch a glance of Ann closing their trunk lid. I streaked down there and just before she started backing out, I tapped on Bobby's window and got him to sign the ball. They were really sweet. Still not sure why he wrote 'firecracker'. Maybe he misunderstood something that I said? Anyway, I didn't want to correct him after all that."

Joe got up and hugged and kissed Ashley while still laughing. "Baby, 'firecracker' is YOU! After all you did, it was actually about the nicest thing he could say about you. I love it! Thank you! And, actually..." He trailed off.

"What?" Ashley looked questioningly up at him.

Joe shook his head as to clear a thought. "Who else is hungry?"

Ashley was a bit miffed that he continued his cryptic nature through what was on his mind, but went along with his suggestion that they all go to the restaurant just under them. The place was just as elegant and fancy as the complex dictated and the meal was exquisite. Ashley found a new favorite dish when she ordered their variation of a chicken pot pie. In a nutshell, it was a creamy chicken stew served over a buttery croissant.

When they returned upstairs, Ashley and Joe retreated to christen their new master suite. Jill went downstairs to enjoy "the cool evening air" while calling Ken. It was her polite way to excuse herself for a cigarette. Jasmine followed Kim to her room to help her pack up.

"I still don't see why you're leaving," Jasmine protested to Kim as she wrapped a nicknack. "We're all getting along now."

Kim sighed. "It's not like I really want to. Especially now with this incredible place."

"So don't! I swear, Kim, it seems like every time things get great, you up and leave," Jasmine pouted.

Kim took Jasmine's wrist and sat them down on the bed. "Jazz, I really want to be a part of Joe and Ashley's life. Even if it can't be in the same fashion as you are to them. When Ashley came up with this job for me, I thought she was joking. But she hasn't said anything otherwise, and I seriously want to be her..." Kim paused to find the right words. "Well, I don't know. Agent, personal assistant, or whatever. She and Cindy came up with me moving so I could figure out what I want to do."

"But it sounds like you have figured it out. So why go through with it?"

Kim exhaled another drawn out sigh. "Because, now I know this is what I want. More than any other career I can think of. I rolled all this through my head until my ears wanted to bleed for the last couple of months. In the end, I decided that I wanted to focus on getting the classes I need, and the huge benefit of soaking up Cindy's magic. I couldn't pass up the opportunity."

It all made sense to Jasmine now. "This is true. Cindy is the master. I really am going to miss you." She wrapped Kim in a tight hug, then they set about finishing up.

Once in their room, Ashley closed the door, her signal to the girls that she really wanted some alone time with Joe. She unbuttoned her blouse and slipped out of her skirt, then slinked up to Joe. Ashley tilted her head up and kissed his chin on her tiptoes, prompting him to tilt his head down and receive her kiss. She teased his lips open with her tongue and they made out. Her body thrilled when his hands reached in her open shirt to play with her breasts through her bra. She pushed him back gently until he was sitting on the edge of the bed. Ashley kissed her way down his chest and stomach and then knelt before him to undo his pants.

photodad
photodad
493 Followers