An Encounter to Remember

Story Info
Mason has an encounter he would forever remember.
5.8k words
4.43
5.9k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HazelRah
HazelRah
121 Followers

Authors Note: Huge thanks to volunteer editor oldnakeddad for editing my story and making it read so much better! Readers, I hope you like this short story. Please let me know what you think of it!

*****

Mason hadn't expected the rain when he arrived at SFO because, of all the times he'd traveled there for business, his local business partners had only talked of drought, therefore he'd assumed it hardly ever rained in the bay area.

He checked in at the Fairmont Hotel with wet hair and soaked clothes, took a hot shower in his room, put on a comfortable, long, cotton shirt and jeans, then went out to grab some food.

After dinner, he went back to the hotel bar for a drink. He quietly sat there while reading on his phone and occasionally glanced up out of boredom.

That's when she walked in, but she was...out of place.

She wore a long, burgundy dress with a V-cut. Between her breasts was a sliver of rose gold pendant. She had a beautiful, voluptuous body with skin that appeared soft and smooth. Yet, with all of that glowing beauty, her face and hair were a complete mess.

There was a deep sadness in her eyes, her lips were drained of color, her dark-black hair was damp, her ebony eyes were red and, even under the dim lighting of the bar, he saw her eye makeup was ruined, which made her look like a panda.

She quickly scanned the bar while looking at the bartender. He looked back at her, but didn't change his expression, which made it clear that, if she wanted a drink, she'd have to approach the bar.

Before Mason could figure out what he was doing, he'd gotten up, walked toward her, and found himself asking.

"Are you okay?"

She looked at him with somewhat of a blank stare, as someone who'd just suffered trauma would, then she blinked and put on a weak smile.

"I've been better, but thanks for asking."

"Do you want a drink at the bar?"

She hesitated, but nodded, followed him to the bar to order a drink, then followed him to sit down at his table. She was quiet, but appeared open to conversation or, at the very least, a companion.

She looked younger than Mason. He was in his late thirties and figured she was no more than twenty-five. He wondered how down one would have to be to accept a stranger's invitation to drink, but then, maybe he should've thought it was because he looked to be a harmless and nice guy.

Mason didn't carry an intimidating look nor was he a lanky nerd. He was an average height, average looking, casually-dressed middle-aged dude with short, cropped, dirty-blond hair, greyish-blue eyes, and a non-creepy smile.

He also wondered if she might be a crazy person. One can never know, but it was a rainy night on the beginning of a long business trip and he had nothing else better to do.

He broke the ice.

"I'm Mason."

"I'm Shannon. Thank you for offering me a drink."

"No problem."

He looked at the damp hair on her bare shoulders.

"Are you cold? I have a jacket upstairs that I can get for you."

Shannon shook her head and responded with a grateful smile.

"I'm fine. I didn't get rained on that much."

"Do you live here, in San Francisco, I mean?"

"Yes, I live here."

"Then what brought you here to the hotel?"

"I was at a party in the hotel across the street, but I just—" Shannon shook her head, "I needed a break. Well, what about you?"

"I'm here on a business trip. Just landed today, will be in the city tomorrow, then I'm going down to San Diego the morning after that."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a business consultant in biotech. What about you?"

"I'm a registered nurse. I work at the CPMC."

"Which part of the hospital? I used to do admin work in a hospital in New York."

Shannon appeared to be more comfortable. "Oh? I'm in the maternity ward."

Mason smiled. "That's an exciting job every day, for sure. The only time I've been in the maternity ward was when my kids were born, but that was enough for me to appreciate the nurses there. Not that I don't appreciate the nursing staff everywhere else."

Shannon relaxed even more. "You have kids? How old?"

"Ten and eight. Both boys."

Shannon smiled.

"They're far away from being newborns now."

Mason thought of how beautiful her smile looked, even with her smudged makeup and pale lips. He thought of how she would've smiled at the new lives being brought into the world every day at her work and the encouraging words she would've spoken to women during the most painful part of their lives. Of course, he said none of his thoughts out loud nor could he continue to stare at her face, so he said: "Do you have kids of your own?"

The question brought sadness to Shannon's eyes.

"No, but I'll be married soon."

The bartender brought Shannon's drink to the table. There was brief silence after he left, then Mason said: "You don't appear to be very excited about it."

Shannon took a sip of her drink and stared at the glass. "No."

"Why?"

Shannon continued to stare at the glass and the colorful liquid within it, as if it were a crystal ball. Mason didn't break her silence, instead, he patiently waited.

"It's because—"

Shannon paused, then with a great amount of courage, broke through her hesitation.

"I don't love him anymore, but he still loves me very much, and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to break off the engagement."

She looked at Mason with guilt in her eyes. "I'm a terrible person."

Mason was stunned, not only by her willingness to open up to a stranger, but also by the incredible despair that came with her confession. He thought about what to say because he didn't want to merely say, 'I'm sorry to hear that' because he'd feel cheap.

She must've kept that secret to herself for a long time before she finally erupted. She must've run away from the party, unable to continue the masquerade. Mason thought of what he could do to help her and asked, "Are you willing to tell me more?"

Shannon blinked then Mason continued, "I can tell you're troubled, so why don't you tell me what's on your mind? Even if I can't help you change anything, at least I can listen to you."

He saw Shannon's eyes light up and there was warmth in her voice.

"I wish he'd listen to me."

"Did you try to tell him you don't love him anymore?"

Shannon shook her head and her voice was thick with sorrow.

"Not in those exact words, which is why I feel ashamed. I feel as though I never have the chance because he's always showering me with praises, telling me how beautiful I am, telling me how lucky he is, and telling me how he dreams of spending the rest of his life with me. He's such a nice guy. He has a good job, he takes care of me, and he lets me do everything the way I want, so why do I not love him anymore? I don't understand what's wrong with me!"

Her words brought up emotions in Mason that he decided to suppress for the time being by downing them with his cocktail.

"Is there anything material that is making you unhappy? Money? Career?" He paused, "Sex?"

Shannon put her hands down, but she continued to stare at the floor, "We both make decent money and have good jobs. Sex? I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Mason thought for a while, "Oh, you mean, you guys are saving it for marriage?"

Shannon immediately shook her head.

"Oh, no, no!" She laughed at herself for being so eager to deny, "I mean, we do have sex. God, this is so embarrassing! But, I've already embarrassed myself today."

Mason tried to sound lighthearted, "I'm surprised you haven't called 'me-too' on me for asking you about sex."

Shannon smiled, "I work at a maternity ward. Most babies come from sex."

"Indeed. So, what's wrong with the baby making business?"

Shannon glanced around the room, as if searching for an answer, "The spark is gone. Is that too abstract for you?"

Mason replied with a stern look, "Yes, it is too abstract. Please be more specific."

Shannon laughed.

"Okay, okay...oh geez...I'm going to have to make sure I never see you again after tonight if I'm going to tell you about my sex life."

"You'll most likely never see me again for the rest of your life."

Shannon tilted her head to the side, as if she'd begun studying Mason's physical features. Mason couldn't tell by the expression on her face whether she'd deemed him attractive or safe. He was, however, finding it harder to not think about sex. He cursed himself inside. It was going to turn out to be a difficult night for him.

"Tell me about your life, Mason."

Shannon suddenly said, "Tell me about your marriage, kids, and sex life, if you will."

Mason smiled at her directness.

"I'm afraid I'm not a shining example of marriage because I'm about to get divorced from my wife of twelve years. In fact, after this trip, I'm going back to New York to meet with the lawyers and get it done."

"Twelve years! Why? What happened?"

"I wish I knew, but the only thing we both agree on is, we've become housemates and nothing more."

"What happens to the kids?"

"That's the part we're working hard on. We both want the kids to have as good a life after our separation as they did before. We'll seek joint custody and work out a plan that won't disrupt our kids' lives any more than it has to."

"You're both very responsible parents." Shannon paused, "Did you love her—in the beginning, I mean?"

Mason's memories flashed back to twelve years earlier. Strangely, as he thought of it, it almost felt as if it was yesterday. They'd both been fresh out of college. While she was preparing to go to graduate school, he met her at a mutual friend's birthday party. She was smart, confident, and had a great laugh. The twinkle in her eyes when she laughed at his jokes—oh, he still remembered it—made his heart flutter.

Mason's gaze was distant.

"Yes, she was very beautiful."

Shannon was entranced by his gaze.

"Do you still love her?"

Mason withdrew his gaze. "I don't know. After twelve years, it's hard to know."

"How long did you guys date before you got married?"

"Let me think. That would be two years? We started dating when she started her masters and married after she finished."

Shannon's eyes were bright with inquiry.

"Tell me what it was like before you became housemates."

Mason took a long breath, "Well, I'd say we were just like any young couple—very silly."

"That's too abstract." Shannon put on a stern face, "Be more specific."

"Ha-ha, okay. Let me see if I can think of an example. Oh, right, we once fought about whose turn it was to throw out the garbage and that resulted in three days of silent treatment. Then, when I talked to a friend about it, I realized how stupid it was."

"Then what happened?"

Mason grinned. "I went home and we had 'make up sex.' I'm pretty sure that's where kid number one came from."

Shannon giggled. "And kid number two?"

Mason gave her a look. "I'm sure you know how infants are the best contraceptives."

"Yes, I do."

"Yeah. I seriously think we didn't have any bedroom activity for nine months." Mason thought, "Well, eventually kid number one was kicked out of the bedroom into his own room, then things got better for a while, hence kid number two, then we were two and done."

"And then?"

Mason gave her a bitter smile. "Then things went downhill from there. As you can see, I'm a therapist for no one. I may be merely commiserating with you."

Shannon was silent.

Mason said, "But I'll give you this advice—after all, I did stay married for twelve years—you need to let him know. You need to tell him."

Shannon's face was full of pain. "You're right."

"Tell him even the worst part of it, including why sex doesn't thrill you anymore."

Shannon's voice was a whisper. "I don't think he can take it. It'll crush him."

"You can't lie forever."

"I can't...I can't, oh god, how do I tell him?" Shannon took in a deep breath. "How do I tell him I've been lying the whole time about cumming during sex?"

Mason was stunned once again, but Shannon continued.

"I lied. Every time! After we had sex, he always asked me how often I came. I knew it'd break his heart if I said none, so I made up a number every time."

Her lips were trembling.

"I'm a terrible person, right?"

Shannon noticed Mason was unable to respond as he stared at her, wide-eyed, and said, "I'm sorry if I terrified you."

"No, I'm just trying to think of what I'd do if my wife told me that."

There was bitter commiseration in Shannon's voice. "How do you know your wife didn't lie?"

Mason decided he needed to empty the rest of his cocktail with one swallow to be able to answer that, so he drank and said, "I don't, but I've never asked, either."

"Why didn't you ask if she enjoyed sex with you?"

"It's not that. I didn't ask her how many times she came. That seems like a dick question. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion."

"Then how do you know she enjoyed sex with you?"

Mason thought about it.

"She'd talk about cumming during sex and I could also feel it."

Shannon stared at him intently, as if he was a treasure cove she'd discovered that contained a secret scroll full of knowledge. It made him embarrassed and aroused all at once.

"Did she ever initiate?"

"When we still had good sex, yes." Mason sighed, "Not since we've become housemates, though."

"When did you determine you'd become housemates? When did the downhill become evident that it wasn't going back up?"

"It gradually dawned on me during the last two or three years, I'd say." Mason gazed at the far end of the bar, "I guess it coincided with my increased work travels."

"Maybe she's lonely."

"Maybe."

"Did you try counseling?"

"We did all of that, but I guess we failed."

Mason looked at his empty glass and thought he'd probably need two or three more glasses before the conversation was over.

Shannon detected his mood change. "I'm sorry I made you talk about this."

"Well, you were very honest with me. I had to do the same." Mason glanced at both of their empty glasses, "I'd say we both need another drink, agreed?"

"Yes, I think we do."

They went up to the bar and each ordered another cocktail. When they went back to their seats, however, neither of them wanted to continue the dark topics of failed marriage and lies in the bedroom.

Instead, they chatted about travel and food. Mason, having traveled extensively, shared all of the interesting types of food he'd had during his business trips. He found out Shannon liked cooking and her favorite shows were "The Great British Bakeoff" and "Iron Chef America." He liked spicy food whereas she could eat lemon slices directly. He was an avid runner and she liked to hike.

It appeared they were friends talking about everything and nothing. Neither of them tried to impress each other, which made the conversation all the more enjoyable.

In the back of his mind, however, Mason tried (hard) not to think about the physical attraction he was getting toward her. He knew his night was already screwed, mentally and physically, and he'd be moping the whole night about his marriage while yearning for intimacy.

The other part of his brain, however, processed all of the visuals in front on him—the fullness of her lips, her almond-shaped eyes, the curvature of her bare shoulders, and her delicate fingers that were holding the cocktail glass.

He pondered how she'd respond if he told her she was beautiful, and he wanted to hold her in his arms and kiss her.

When the bartender announced it was closing time, Mason turned to look at Shannon and saw her eyes were wide open.

Mason took a breath in.

"Do you want to come up to my room?"

Shannon looked down at the floor and Mason's heart sank as he thought that was the end of his strange encounter. He'd just have to take it like the grown man he was, apologize, wait for her to leave, then ask the bartender to give him three glasses of whiskey to take up to the room and drink himself into oblivion.

Because of his drunken coma, at least he wouldn't remember (the next day) which woman he was imagining in his head if he still had the power to beat off that night.

As he was about to begin his apology, Shannon looked up at him. Her face was flush red.

"Yes."

Mason pondered whether or not he'd still need those whiskeys so as not to be nervous about taking Shannon up to his room. But, being the grown man he was, he remained calm and said, "Let's go."

Neither of them said a word during the elevator ride and the subsequent long walk to his room. Mason felt as though he was seventeen again. To be fair, he'd been married for twelve years and hadn't needed to face rejection for more than a decade. Even when his wife stopped wanting to have sex, he felt more jaded than sexually distraught.

After his room door had closed behind them, they were alone.

"Can I use the bathroom first?" Shannon asked.

"Yes, of course!"

Mason watched her close the bathroom door as he nervously inspected himself in the hallway mirror. He felt relieved that he'd showered before dinner.

After Shannon came out of the bathroom, Mason noticed she'd managed to remove some of the makeup smudges and also made a poor attempt to reign in her messy hair. She looked nervous, just as he was and, somehow, that made him more relaxed.

"Shannon. Before we do anything, can you first promise me something?"

Mason saw he had her full attention.

"Don't lie, okay? Don't pretend you're enjoying anything if you're not or that you want me to stop. Just say it. I can take it."

Shannon smiled in such a way that he thought she was going to cry. "Yes, I will. I want you to do the same with me as well."

"Sure, I will, but I don't think I can be disappointed."

Mason walked up to her and leaned down to kiss her as his arms gently embraced her. Her body was cold and he regretted not having insisted on getting her a jacket. She responded to his kiss and, with some hesitation, wrapped her arms around his neck. He smelled the faint hint of perfume on her. Gradually, her body warmed up as he trailed kisses down her neck, over her collarbone, and just above where her V-line ended. Shannon gasped.

Mason decided, while he'd take things slow and gentle, he also wanted to test her limits. He had a hunch that maybe Shannon was too reserved for her own good. He knew it'd be a very fine line that he'd be treading.

Somehow, he felt he should show the same kind of stranger kindness, honesty, and openness he'd shown to Shannon when speaking up about his life while they were in his room, too. Except, that honesty and openness would come in the form of lustful behavior. He wanted to show her she was an incredible sexual draw for him.

His kisses landed over the thin fabric covering her breasts. She wasn't wearing anything underneath, which excited him more, so he lightly bit her nipple over the fabric.

Shannon threw her head back. "Oh!"

"Do you like that?"

Shannon sighed. "Yes."

Between nibbling one nipple with his mouth and kneading the other with his hand, Mason asked, "Tell me...where you...like to...be touched."

"Hmm, I like what you're doing. I also...really like it...on my belly."

Mason chuckled. "I think we'll have to take this dress off, first, for that to work."

He pulled the V-neck dress down, leaving her in only her panties, then stepped back to admire her gorgeous, hourglass-shaped body. He wanted to devour every inch of her.

He laid her on his bed and began kissing her belly. Shannon let out a pleasured moan. He stuck his tongue into her belly button.

HazelRah
HazelRah
121 Followers
12