An Erotic Ghost Story Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

****

Edward was lost in a trance as he stared out the open window at the sea. He bought this cozy little cottage near the edge of a cliff because of the solitary location. The desolate place assured the utmost of privacy. A briny breeze blew gently against his face. Crisp muslin curtains fluttered in the gust and flitted across his dark skin. Kayla rolled and squirmed restlessly under the sateen sheets, naked in their bed, as she seductively beckoned him to join her. She was bathed, lightly oiled in a scented body oil and smelled of sweet Jasmine and orange blossoms. The fragrances were Edward's favorite.

Earlier she'd arranged a bunch of fresh lilacs in a vase and put the blooms near the window so the strong sea breeze would wash the fragrance over the room. Her straight, long glossy black hair coiled over the pillow and contrasted with the white sheets. The co-mingling of sexy black hair with pure white linens was utterly seductive.

"Edward why do you delay my love? Join me. Your mind is as distant as the sea is wide. Come to bed and make love to me. I'm in desperate need. I've been wet all day thinking about you inside me." Kayla propped her head on her hand and rested her forearm on the bed. She reached for him with her other arm.

Edward moved toward her then paused before he sat on the edge of the bed. Kayla unfurled her naked beauty from the sheets and shimmed up to him. She pressed her breast into his back as she wrapped her arms round him. He wasn't there to indulge in one of their many infamous sexual romps though.

Edward was silent for a minute. He'd known Kayla Turani, his delicious lover for years. How should he break the news to her? She'd been his mistress for so long. She was a highly pragmatic woman though. Kayla understood her 'arrangements' with her to her lovers were temporary and fleeting. He figured she would appreciate a practical, business like approach.

"Its over Kayla. I'm so sorry my sweet girl." Edward covered her small hand in his.

"What...whatever do you mean Edward?" her voice was unwavering and silky smooth. Her Caribbean blue eyes blinked a few times. Her expression was neutral as if she hadn't comprehended his meaning.

"I mean we are over. Our time together is over. I've made arrangements for you to keep the cottage in Shropshire. I know how much you love the place..."

"You mean, you are throwing me over?" she interrupted; her voice hitched a moment until she caught herself quickly and spoke in a soft feigned sweetness.

The raven-haired beauty shimmied off the bed and stood seductively in front of Edward. Kayla's beauty, body and blatant sexuality would make any man thirst lustfully for a taste of her. Edward gazed at the nude exotic Persian beauty. He lusted incessantly for Kayla at one time and still cared for her but he never allowed himself to fall in love with any of his mistresses. Love was a trap, which made you weak, or so he thought until he met Lillian Taylor.

Kayla stroked his chin with her long, elegant fingers, urging him to look up to her. He rose of the bed they'd made love on many times before. Not tonight though and never again.

"I've fallen in love Kayla, deeply in love. So she'll be my wife." Edward said softly.

Kayla was the keeper of his darkest secrets. She understood his personality, proclivities and deepest most urgent desires. He clung to her during times of intense sexual need. Kayla knew exactly how to use her body to keep him in the throws of passion and lust, how to tease and torment him. His mistress was an expert at her art. She kept him sexually satisfied and well distracted from the stresses of real life. She did her job exceedingly well. Today though, after many years together Edward had to terminate their arrangement.

Kayla became Edward's mistress after she left her last lover in London. He was older married gentleman and after his wife died he'd been so smitten with Kayla he asked her to marry him. Kayla considered the proposal. The chap meant financial security and comfort. Of course she didn't love him, only his money. Before she'd accepted his offer Edward came along. Kayla quickly kicked the elderly man to the curb like he was a lump of rancid old flesh.

Kayla was a consummate survivor. She was the daughter of a whore and the bastard of a wealthy English merchant. Kayla's mother taught her beautiful child at a young age how to use her body for manipulation and profit. These lessons shaped and distorted her daughter's personality. Exploitation, deceit and cunning were deep-seated in her psyche and created who she was an adult.

While still a girl she watched in shock and horror as a jealous lover, in a fit of rage cut her beloved mothers throat. Kayla hid under the bed and heard the sickening slashes to her mother's body as she fed a fist into her mouth so she wouldn't scream. She bled to death in her daughter's arms. Kayla was so traumatized she didn't speak for months after the event.

Kayla was forced into prostitution after her mothers murder to survive. Even though she was mute for the months following her mother's death, men didn't care. They didn't care that she had no voice as long as she opened her mouth to take their cocks deeply into her throat. They wanted her young tight flesh wet and hot.

She was raped repeatedly and was nearly killed. As she grew older, Kayla became wiser and embittered by how shamelessly men treated her. She despised and distrusted most men intently. They'd used and discarded her poor mother like she was a no better than garbage and she was headed down the same dangerous path. Kayla, the victim of misfortune and despair, suffered from intense trauma and these tragedies etched a black mark on her soul.

When Kayla was eighteen she learned to desensitize herself to all weak emotions. She'd use men like they used her. She took whatever she could from them without thought or consequences.

After she'd saved enough money she left the seedy mean streets of her home country and traveled to England. She found her birth father and blackmailed him into giving her money. Kayla coerced him to introduce her to 'polite' society. Over the years, as she built an illustrious reputation with her sexual prowess and beauty, these connections allowed her to become the most sought after high-class mistress among the upper class society in London. The Persian beauty loved her pampered lifestyle more than anything or anyone.

When Kayla met Edward she was as intrigued with his handsome face as she was with his money. Edward and Kayla were both the 'half breed' children of Iranian and English parents. Both felt the occasional sting of that societal stigma, although Edward was sheltered from harsh words whispered in polite society.

Kayla aggressively pursued him. Edward dropped his current mistress once he bedded Kayla. Her skills in the bedroom were intoxicating. He found he not only wanted her he had to have her as much as a drunk needs his drink.

Kayla was proud to be Edward's mistress. He was a handsome, generous and passionate lover who kept her dressed in fancy clothing and jewelry. She'd be well fed and warm and sexually satisfied until the next chap came along to take his place. Kayla didn't want to fall hard and fast for Edward Kahn.

"In love Edward?" she purred while stalking around the room in a cat like prance.

Kayla sashayed toward him, her perfectly shaped dusky body swaying seductively. She gently fingered his shoulder.

"That is far too provincial for a man like you." She tilted her head and laughed mockingly at the besotted man through hooded dark eyes.

"I've changed Kayla. I can't live without her. You'll find someone to replace me in London. You were the most desired and beautiful mistress in the city."

"Can't live without her?" Kayla scoffed as anger bubbled to the surface.

She grabbed a sheet off the bed and quickly draped the silk material around her luscious body. The ugly side of Kayla was emerging. She was loosing Edward. Kayla was frantic.

"Some ninny headed society girl with a rich daddy no less?" Her saccharin sweetness boiled down to sour sarcasm.

"What's her name?" She demanded.

"I won't provide any details to anyone until I know she'll have me."

"Edward, you can have us both!" she cocked her head and smiled sweetly. "An inexperienced wavering virgin won't keep you satisfied, love. We both know it." Her smile and effect was pure fakery.

She rubbed his shoulder, and then caressed his chest until her hand made its way between his legs and grazed his crotch. Edward sprang up as if she'd burned him. Kayla remained on the bed stunned by his actions. Shocked he'd rejected her touch and caress. She began to pout like a willfully denied child.

"I will be monogamous with my wife Kayla," he growled in a low, gruff voice.

Ha!" she scoffed, "You monogamous? You're a sexual deviant. She of course knows you're an aggressive fiend in bed, right darling? That you like to tie women up and fuck them from behind? Will she enjoy the sting of your crop across her virgin flesh? Tell me Edward will she scream from the pain or yield to the pleasure as I do? You'd never be sexually satisfied with one woman and deep down you know that. No woman will ever understand you as deeply as I do or satisfy you as thoroughly as I do."

"Those games were exclusive to you and I, Kayla. I've not indulged with any other female. We've both enjoyed the sadistic twist to our relationship. There is a mutual deviancy to our nature. While I enjoy controlling a woman sexually, my mind controls my body and not vice versa.

"One woman couldn't keep you satisfied. You've had more lovers than I could keep tract of while we've been together." You're allowed all the sexual freedom you crave with me as your mistress. Why would you ever give that up? You're fooling yourself Edward. Soon you'll be in my bed and between my legs."

"Not this time Kayla. It won't work this time." He stood up readying to leave-for good this time.

"Why won't you stay with me Edward?" She blurted out.

"Kayla." His voice softened.

"We've had a good run. I care for you deeply but I've found a woman I want to marry and spend my life with."

"So you need heirs and only a well bred, boring, insipid society lady can bare your children?"

Beneath her beautiful face and soft sweet and enduring voice was a heart of stone and Edward knew it. Kayla was once pregnant with his child. Edward was horrified he'd 'slipped up' a few too many times with her. During their intense lovemaking sessions he forgot to pull out and came inside her. Although Kayla assured him on many occasions 'she took care of' birth control, Edward knew she would trap him if she could. She claimed she 'forgot' the time she got pregnant. Edward would provide for his child but he wouldn't play house with her. He would never marry her.

Kayla played the part of the happy, expectant mother exceedingly well until Edward stated empathically he wouldn't marry her. He promised to care for the child and her but nothing else. She'd be on her own. She miscarried three months into the pregnancy but bounced back quickly. Edward mourned his unborn child even though the pregnancy was unexpected. Kayla however seemed unfazed and unemotional about the loss. Kayla was an excellent seductress and mistress but she'd never be a good mother. Although he mourned the child, the loss of it was a blessing.

"I love some else Kayla. Please let's leave well enough alone."

"I see." Her voice was calm, unwavering.

Her brilliant sapphire eyes bore down on him. Edward knew all too well how cunning and conniving Kayla was. She didn't get mad she got her own way at whatever the cost.

"You can remain in the cottage until summers end. Then I'll pay for you passage to London." Edward placed bank check for a hefty sum and the deed to the property on white washed demi-lune table near the door and turned to leave.

"This stipend that should carry you over until you claim another 'benefactor.' I'm sure once your settled in England your old flames will appear out of the woodwork. Of course the jewels and presents are yours to keep."

"I rather like this town Edward. I should rather fancy a life in this quaint Rhode Island town and prefer to take this cottage instead of the country house in England."

"Don't," Edward said through gritted teeth, "do this Kayla."

Edward knew exactly what she was playing at. Rage began to bubble up from his core. Kayla was his mistress nothing more. She may have wanted more but Edward was always direct and honest with her. She knew better than to trifle with him. His temper was legendary and she felt the sting of his rage more than once. He quickly turned on the heels of his boots and pounded toward her.

"You will not stay in this cottage. This house will be sold in the fall and you'll not occupy the place longer than that. You'll get the house in England and be happy for that. I'm not going to ever marry you so remove that silly illusion from your head. I'll not have my former mistress stalk me or my beloved."

"Oh your beloved! Edward the romantic, how touching. Well we will see about that shall we?" Kayla voice was sultry and assured."

"You of all people Kayla should know not to test my patience. You've felt my wrath and I'm sure it's an experience you'll never want to suffer again.

As Edward exited the door Kayla called to him one last time. Edward turned and growled at her like an angry dog ready to pounce.

"What?" He spat out.

"The pregnancy, that baby. Well you see my love I lied. There was never any baby. I never took any precautions whatsoever during our time together. You Edward, dear heart, won't sire any children because you can't! You can pump your seed into your pretty rich wife but no child will be born of your marriage. I think though that I am ready for motherhood and I believe David Taylor is a fine, wealthy catch."

She smiled viciously as is she'd won a pivotal game. Kayla turned and slammed the door in his face. Edward wanted to smash the door down and break her pretty little neck. He realized then he didn't feel despair or sadness ending their relationship but instead was glad to be rid of her and her childish and cruel games. He was relieved.

Her last comments though left him cold. Kayla was manipulative enough to lie about his inability to sire a child. But what if she was telling the truth for once? And why of all men did she set her sights on his friend and Lilly's brother David Taylor? To hurt and humiliate him that's why! No man would resist Kayla. If David did take Kayla as his mistress and she did get pregnant, David would marry her because he was that kind of man. He never had a mistress and wasn't wise to how manipulative and self serving they could be. Edward would be bound to her as an in-law. He hoped David would take their close friendship into account before taking up with her but considering how strained things had become David may turn to her out of spite. He had to make sure their union would never happen, at any cost.

The ocean roared behind him and the wind nearly blew his bowler from his head. He clutched the hat tightly and galloped away. Kayla's threatening words were ringing in his ears.

Kayla smiled a Cheshire cat grin and settled herself into bed for an afternoon nap. She took a few delicate sips from the expensive open bottle of champagne. She learned from her pretty exotic mother to always get as much beauty sleep as possible. When women relied on her looks and charm to seduce a man she better look the part.

So Edward was in love. Most local girls were homely pale, pinched faced wasps. These odious young women were dour 'husband hunters' whom Edward loathed. His 'beloved' though must be quite special to have capture Edward's heart. Kayla would discover whom this woman was, Edward's beloved and cause a world of trouble.

12