An Erotic Ghost Story Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His mother was against the match, of course she would be. The woman was as stern as Lilly was happy-go-lucky. She claimed Lilly was too opinionated and high strung. No woman should have such lively debates with the opposite sex. She thought it was completely unbecoming of a lady. Erik dismissed his mother's reservations though. He loved Lilly's quick wit and intelligence.

When Lilly entered the room, she was surprised how strikingly handsome the tall stranger was. No wonder she'd fallen for him. He towered over her. He had to be way over six feet tall. Erik's wheat colored hair was trimmed neatly at the neck but fell longer at the crown. His face and muscular body looked as if carved from stone. Lilly sighed. This parting of ways would be more difficult than she thought.

"Hello Erik." She extended her hand and remembered to not grip him too hard. 'That's unladylike Lilly!' Her sister's stern words echoed in her head.

"Lillian." His ice blue eyes pierced into her and nearly took Lilly's breath away.

Erik took her hand firmly in his and reached over to kiss her cheek. He hesitated and pulled away, realizing she didn't remember him or their brief history together.

"How are you Lillian? I sincerely hope you're well." He sounded too stiff. He wondered how he was supposed to handle such an odd encounter.

"I am healing, thank you for asking but my memories haven't returned. As I'm sure you've heard, I have no recollection of any of the people close to me. Sadly, I don't remember you and I'm sorry for that."

"I do know and I'm so sorry what happened to you Lilly. I'm not sure what you're feelings are about our engagement at this point."

"I think it best if we call off the engagement Erik."

Erik's face turned white and he swallowed hard. Lilly felt terrible. She wanted to hug him and reassume him he was better off without her. She was after all, insane. At least that was pretty much what the whole town thought, right? Erik seemed like a sincere and compassionate man. He would no doubt be a good husband but not a passionate one. She was sure the Lilly from the past hadn't loved him. This was probably one of her rash, impulsive and rebellious acts meant to piss someone off, namely her brother.

"That is not...what I want Lilly. Maybe with time---" His voice faded away to silence. He gulped again as he fidgeted with the bowler hat in his hands.

"I'll be as forthcoming as possible Erik and not string you along. I truly hope you understand. I release you from our engagement. We can remain friends and see how that goes, ok?" Lilly wouldn't lead him on. He obviously loved her, well the other version of 'her.'

Erik gave her the most peculiar expression. He looked very uncomfortable. Lilly suddenly realized rules of proprietary forbade friendships between men and women. She was pretty sure it was especially taboo amongst a formally engaged couple.

"We were in love Lilly. I pray we will be together again. I'm sorry to be so bold must I must speak from my heart and then I will take my leave. Perhaps you can invite me to visit again sometime soon?"

Erik knew instigating an invitation was improper but he couldn't release her. He truly loved her. His mother of course told him that Edward Kahn was after Lilly with a vengeance. Kahn was a vulgar and uncouth man and would certainly steal his fiancé if she struck his fancy. Erik was determined he would fight for her. Kahn used women purely as playthings. He'd be damned if he'd let his Lilly fall into Edward's clutches.

"I'd like that Erik, I really would. Let's be good friends for now then?

'Just cut the cord and release him.' Lilly's mind was screaming to her. Erik was so devastated though and she couldn't endure seeing him so pained. Here before her was a saintly man who'd probably be a faithful and devoted husband but she loved the dark sun kissed devil Edward Khan, womanizer extraordinaire.

A killer migraine began to thump in her temples. After Erik left Lilly went back to bed and stayed curled under the covers for another two days. Edwards letters continued to arrive but she couldn't bear to read them.

****

12