An Error in Judgment Ch. 04

Story Info
Michael's control over Courtney comes to a violent end
5.5k words
4.37
13.8k
10
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/29/2022
Created 02/05/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Keiryn
Keiryn
141 Followers

The late afternoon sunshine shone brightly into the office, blinding Courtney as she looked up. The sound of the door opening had caught her attention as she finished up a phone call. She smiled in the direction of the person who had come in, holding up her finger to signal that she'd be with them momentarily as she directed her attention back to the caller on the phone.

She couldn't see the customer as they stood there, just out of her view. From the corner of her eye, she could see that they paced anxiously. She shrugged it off. 'Oh well, they'll just have to wait a minute.' She thought to herself.

When she finished, she flipped off her headset onto her desk and leaned to the side so that she could see the client. Her heart stopped in its tracks as her eyes met his. It was Michael.

"Hello, Courtney." He said, smiling at her. She knew that he saw the look of panic that ran across her face. He stepped toward her desk, watching the color drain from her already pale complexion.

She had an email open to Rick on her desktop. "Get back here ASAP. He's here." She typed frantically, clicking send seconds before Michael reached her desk.

"You don't look very happy to see me." Michael said, quietly as he sat across from her. His voice had an edge that made Courtney feel instantly uneasy.

"You know what the problem is, Michael." Courtney replied, bitterly. "I don't think I need to be blunt." She looked away so that he didn't see the tears that were threatening to build in her eyes.

Michael smiled darkly as he leaned across her desk, "I want you again, Courtney."

"Please... Don't." She whispered, closing her eyes at his request.

"I told you how this worked," he replied, his voice dropping, "and I reminded you of the consequences."

"I told you what you wanted to hear so you would let me go, Michael." Courtney snapped.

Michael reached out, grabbing her by the chin roughly. His dark eyes pierced through her as he stared violently at her. "Lying is a dangerous habit, Courtney. It causes a lot of heartbreak," he paused, smiling wickedly, "and a lot of pain."

Courtney's eyes widened at his masked threat. "Please..." she pleaded. "Stop this."

"If you're a good girl, and do what you're told," Michael growled at her as he leaned closer, "I might think about it. But you don't know how, so where does that leave us?" He raised an eyebrow at her questioningly.

Courtney pushed her chair slowly back from her desk. "Michael, please." She pleaded. "You're scaring me." She fidgeted nervously, moving to the edge of her chair, preparing to make a getaway.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Courtney." Michael warned, his tone ominous. "You don't want to run from me."

Before she could turn to run through Rick's office to lock herself in the bathroom and call for help, he grabbed her by the waist. She cried out in surprise as he pulled her backwards against him.

"I don't think so, sweetheart." He growled menacingly.

She struggled to get free, but he overpowered her easily. "No...Michael, let me go!" she cried.

"Stop fighting, stop screaming, or I swear it will be the last thing you do." He whispered threateningly in her ear. His breath was hot against her skin.

"Michael, please... just let me go. We can just forget this happened." Courtney pleaded as he flexed his arm tightly around her neck. "I don't want any trouble. I don't want to fight you."

"You should have thought about that." He growled in her ear. "You aren't in the position to call the shots anymore." He reached his hand down to her pocket, pulling her phone out. "You're not going to need this." He chuckled as he tossed it back onto the desk. Courtney's stomach dropped like a stone. Her lifeline now was several feet away from her.

She whimpered in pain as he flexed his arm tighter still. He was not much taller than she was, and easily overpowered her. "Do I disturb you, Courtney?" he whispered into her ear. His voice was cold, and twisted into a snarl so vile that Courtney shuddered in response.

"Yes." Courtney whispered weakly.

"Good." Michael whispered back.

"What are you going to do?" she asked. Tears were burning at her eyes. She blinked hard, trying desperately to keep them at bay.

"I think," he growled into her ear, "That I'm going to have you right here." The feeling of his breath on her neck caused chills to run through Courtney's body. She stiffened under his grasp.

"You can't!" Courtney protested, struggling against him. "Someone would see, Rick could come back –"

"Stop talking, Courtney." Michael snapped. "I locked the door when I came in."

He shoved her up against the wall, pinning her against it. They were basically out of sight from anyone passing by. "No one's here to help you now." He chuckled as he looked down at her. "You look so beautiful when you're scared." He whispered, leaning down to her ear. "It makes me want to do so many things to you."

Courtney gasped, partially in response to his words, and in response to the feeling of his breath on her neck. "You don't have to do this, Michael," Courtney pleaded quietly.

"Yes, I do." He replied. "And you're going let me." his voice was cold as he reached into his coat, pulling out his knife and holding it at her chin. "Because if you don't, Courtney," his voice became dark as he turned the blade ominously, "I will slit your throat and watch you die."

The sound of the back door opening interrupted Michael's plan. Before Courtney could yell for Rick, Michael covered her mouth with his hand. "Scream and you'll regret it." He hissed. He turned his head and listened to Rick taking his coat off in the back.

He shoved Courtney back toward her desk. "We're going to have an audience!" He turned toward Rick's empty office. "You've been saved...for now."

By the time Rick opened the back door to his office, Courtney was sitting in her chair, facing Michael, who was eyeing her threateningly. His gaze switched to Rick as he walked toward the doorway.

Rick walked through his office, continuing out to Courtney's desk, oblivious to what had just occurred, but aware that Michael had been there for some time. "Hi, Michael, what can we do for you today?" He said casually.

Rick and Michael discussed business for a few minutes. It wasn't until Rick moved and leaned against the back of Courtney's desk that he realized she was shaking nervously in her chair. He asked her a question so that she would turn and look at him.

When she looked up at him, he could see that something was desperately wrong. Her green eyes were wide with panic, and she bit her lip in a vain attempt to keep from tearing up.

Michael cleared his throat, causing Rick and Courtney to promptly turn their attention back to him.

"But," Michael started, "I also came in to thank Courtney for all of her assistance. She's really helped me a lot." He smiled wickedly at Courtney, causing her to shudder nervously. Rick noticed her stiffen in her chair, and he placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

Rick stepped aside and motioned toward the doorway to his office. "Why don't you come on back, and we can talk more about everything." Michael didn't move. His eyes narrowed at Courtney as a look of panic spread across her face again.

"You don't want me talking to her, do you?" Michael asked, his stare fixed on Courtney.

"Michael, I'm not saying that." Rick responded, clearly confused by the sudden change in the tone of the conversation. "But I'm sure Courtney has things that she needs to finish before the end of the day."

"Do you think you need to protect her from me?" He asked.

"Michael, I think maybe it would be best if you left. We're about to close the office for the night anyway. You can call us tomorrow if you need anything." Rick said, his voice stern.

"You know I'm not going anywhere, Courtney." Michael said, leaning across the desk so that his face was only inches from Courtney. "We're not finished yet."

Rick stepped closer to Courtney, pushing her back from her desk. "Michael, leave now!" he ordered. Courtney was startled at the tone Rick's voice had taken. She looked up at Rick with wide eyes, noticing that he had turned to face Michael head on.

"He locked the door, Rick." She whispered.

"I told you to stop talking!" Michael roared. Courtney stiffened in her chair. She sat back, trying to distance herself as much as possible.

"Michael, enough." Rick said brusquely, stepping forward. "Leave. Now."

"Or what, Rick?" Michael retorted, turning toward him with a sick smile on his face. "Are you going to make me?"

Courtney pushed her chair back so that she was stuck in the corner of her desk. She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her sweater. "Leave." Rick ordered. "I'm going to call the police to escort you out of here otherwise and I don't think that you want that to happen."

Before Rick could touch the phone, Michael grabbed Courtney, pulling her from her chair, stepping away from the desk. Courtney gasped in shock as his arms wrapped around her again. Michael had pulled his knife again and now brandished the blade at her neck.

"I don't think you want to do that, Rick." Michael snarled angrily. "Not unless you want something very bad to happen." His hand reached through Courtney's hair, gripping it at the back of her neck, pulling her head back against his shoulder. He laughed quietly as he felt her shaking.

"Rick..." Courtney whispered, her voice panicked.

Rick backed away from the phone and stepped back from the desk. He stood in front of Michael, watching warily as he held Courtney tightly.

"Okay." Rick replied as he raised his hands and stepped back from the desk, turning to face Michael. "Just let her go." Rick said, quietly as he continued to move away from the desk. "I'll do whatever you want."

"Go turn off the lights. Now." Michael barked at Rick. "I don't want an outside audience."

Rick hesitated for a moment. It was dark outside. He cast a fearful glance at Courtney.

"Now." Michael's voice was urgent, as he pressed the knife against Courtney's throat. He nodded his head toward the back of the office. "Go."

Courtney's eyes were now wide with terror as Rick turned to walk away. "Michael," she started calmly, "I don't want any more problems. Please just let me go and we'll just forget about this."

"I told you what was going to happen." His eyes flashed as he pulled her head back farther, exposing more of her neck. He kissed it slowly, feeling her shudder and gasp in response. He traced the tip of his knife gently along her neck. "Such a beautiful neck." He sighed, his voice deepening. "I really hope I don't have to cut it later."

Courtney whimpered fearfully, closing her eyes.

"What's the matter? Scared of knives?" he asked, antagonistically.

"You sick son of a bitch." Rick growled as he returned, angry at Michael's dominion over Courtney.

"What? Come on, look at her!" He laughed. "She tries to be so strong. Always tries to please everyone." He started. "But it's all because she's so scared to fail and make someone angry." His voice dropped to an icy tone.

Courtney shuddered as the words cut through her. He was right, and he knew it.

"That's right... the scared little girl. I know all about you, Courtney." He leaned in closer. "You can't hide from me." He whispered in her ear. Courtney's entire body shook with fear. "There's that fear again." He whispered slowly. "You know what that does to me."

Rick took a step forward. "This is insane."

"Back off." Michael snarled.

"Let her go, Michael. Now." Rick commanded.

"Oh, so now you're the brave protector, trying to save the 'innocent' one?" Michael snapped. "Believe me, Rick. She's not so innocent. And damn if she's not extremely talented at what she does." He taunted.

"I won't let you hurt her." Rick fired back, infuriated.

"You don't have a choice!" Michael yelled in return. He leveled his knife at Rick, causing him to take a step back. "I own this situation. You'd do well not to forget that."

Rick narrowed his eyes at Michael defiantly.

"Don't do what you're thinking, Rick." Michael warned. "It'll get really ugly if you do."

Before Michael could react, Rick lunged forward and grabbed for the knife in Michael's right hand. Michael threw Courtney to the ground as he swung back at Rick. The punch connected with Rick's jaw, sending him stumbling off to the side.

"Get out of here, Courtney!" Rick yelled. "Go!"

Rick went back after Michael again, only to be deflected, and lost his footing as Michael shoved him to the opposite side. Seeing an opportunity, Michael turned and lunged at Courtney.

"You're not going anywhere!" He yelled, grabbing her ankle and dragging her backwards as she ran into Rick's office. She felt her ankle twist painfully in the wrong direction as he pulled her to the ground.

"No!" Courtney screamed. "Rick! Help!" She tried to desperately kick Michael off of her, but he had already pinned her down. His hands reached for Courtney's throat as she desperately tried to fight him off.

Rick dropped his shoulder and charged Michael, knocking him off to the side. Michael came at him swinging, connecting with Rick's jaw once again. Rick stumbled off balance, causing him to land down on one knee.

Michael was preparing to lunge forward and stab at Rick when Courtney screamed and jumped for Michael's, attempting to grab the knife. He knocked Courtney back, sending her flying backwards into the wall. She crashed into a picture, sending shards of broken glass crackling around her.

"Give me one... just one... good reason that I shouldn't kill you right now." Michael growled as he approached Rick, who was still down on one knee. Blood trickled from the right corner of his mouth. He felt for it with his left hand as he stared back, his eyes frozen on the knife in Michael's hand. Michael clenched the knife tighter, working his fingers around the grip.

"Just one." He whispered as he stepped closer.

Rick said nothing, but whispered a prayer as he braced himself for what was about to happen, and closed his eyes. But nothing happened.

After a moment, he opened his eyes. Michael stood before him, contemplating, with his knife at Rick's throat. He stared up into Michael's eyes. They were dark. Crazed. Michael leaned close to him, seething as he lowered the knife. "Because it would be too damn easy."

"Sit in that chair," Michael snapped, motioning toward the chair that was to Rick's right. "Now, before I change my mind." His voice was agitated.

Rick stood before Michael, holding his ground. He bristled as Michael stepped closer to him. "Don't make me regret my decision," he said, twirling the knife in his hands. "Now sit down." His voice twisted into a snarl.

"No more surprises out of you." Michael said evilly. "If you move from that chair, I will kill you." He grabbed a roll of tape that sat on a nearby table, taping Rick's arms and legs to the chair.

"You are a sick man, you know that?" Rick said coldly.

"Provoking me would not be a good idea. You are not in a good position to do that." Michael retorted as he paced in front of him, flicking the blade of the knife between his fingers.

"That doesn't change my opinion." Rick snapped.

"So tell me then, Rick...what would be worse than just killing you?" Michael questioned teasingly, looking over at Courtney. He leaned in close to Rick. "What would make you crazy?" He whispered, staring into Rick's eyes.

"I know..." He said, turning to face Courtney. "When the protector can't save the innocent." His voice became harsh as he turned back and looked at Rick. "It would drive you absolutely mad, wouldn't it?" Rick's eyes widened in horror as he could see the look on Michael's face.

"Don't you dare." Rick snapped, his voice tense. "Don't touch her." He started to get up from the chair to face Michael.

"I think..." Michael said as he turned around, "It's time for me to get what I came for."

"Don't touch her you sick bastard!" Rick growled as he pulled against the chair. "Courtney! Move!" he bellowed.

Michael had reached Courtney and pulled her to her feet before she could react. He pushed her against the wall, grabbing her by the chin. Rick could see the fear in her eyes across the room and cringed.

As Michael's fingers curled around her throat, he smiled as her fear dissolved into panic. He could see her breathing increase. She was terrified. She whimpered in pain as he tightened his grip, making it just tight enough to make her uncomfortable.

"Just a scared little girl. That's all you are Courtney." He growled as he squeezed tighter. "You can't outrun me."

Courtney closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She tried to calm her shaking but it was no use. Michael had her where he wanted her. Cornered. Overcome by her fear. He loved the way it made her react. It turned him on.

He leaned in close to her and whispered into her ear. "I'm going to enjoy this."

"Go to hell." Courtney snapped. She stared coldly back at him. She clenched her jaw and dug her nails in as she tried to pry his arm loose.

"You bitch!" He yelled as he slammed her backwards, her head bouncing off the wall. He threw her to the ground. The room was spinning, and she saw stars. She was totally disoriented.

As she scrambled to get up off of her hands and knees, Michael met her with a swift kick in the ribs. She cried out in pain as she crumpled to the floor. Instantly, Michael was on top of her, pinning her down. His hands gripped her wrists tightly, sending sparks of pain shooting through her arms.

"You should really watch your mouth!" Michael seethed as he overpowered her.

"Screw you." She hissed through clenched teeth as she attempted to fight him off. Enraged, he slapped her across the face.

"I warned you." He said, coldly.

"Bastard." She snapped back.

He slammed her into the floor. The room went dark, her vision clouded by stars. She was losing it.

"Damn you." She growled. She tried to kick at him, but he pinned her legs down. He was stronger than she was. She couldn't fight him off.

She gasped in shock as she felt his hands touch the skin on her waist, and froze in fear as she felt him reach for her belt. He began tearing at her clothes, his hands rough as they continued. She felt his hands between her knees, forcing them apart. She gasped as he slowly touched her intimately. Her fear caused her to instantly begin shaking.

Michael groaned as he slid his finger slowly in and out of her. "Don't act like you don't want this." He whispered. "I can tell you do."

"Please, Michael, please don't." She pleaded as the tears started. Her voice was cracking. She closed her eyes. "Stop..." she sobbed, her voice trailing off.

Courtney's eyes were wide with fear as she looked at Michael. He had a dark smile on his face as he looked at her. His eyes were blazing with fury. She knew what he was going to do, and there was no way to stop him. "Broken." He growled.

"Stop, please." She pleaded breathlessly, closing her eyes to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. "Michael, please."

"Begging again?" he whispered, pulling himself almost completely out of her. "You know how much I like it when you do that." He groaned as he pushed into her roughly. She cried out in pain, arching against him in response to his assault.

"Just give in already." He whispered into her ear as he continued. "Let go, Courtney. No one's going to save you." His voice had twisted into a growl as he pushed into her harder. "You're all mine."

Courtney gasped. Damn him. He had her, and he knew it. He groaned as he felt her body responding to his cock sliding in and out of her. No matter how badly she hated him, hated what he was doing to her, she couldn't stop her body from denying him.

Keiryn
Keiryn
141 Followers
12