An Odd Friendship

Story Info
Wife disguises to intervene friendship.
4.9k words
3.89
31.1k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WiggyPhil
WiggyPhil
10 Followers

- Hi, it's Joe!

- Oh, it wasn't exactly yesterday, I answered in the phone.

- I'm in town and thought we could meet for a beer and a bite.

- Guess that's possible. Do you have a time in mind?

- Next Saturday evening is a good time for me. Is that available?

- I need to check with my wife. I have to come back to you.

- Still married with that Meredith? You can't be serious.

- Sure I'm serious. We have two kids now.

- Wow. Well, I'm glad if you are getting along.

We kept talking about old times. There was plenty to talk about, we had been friends during school time.

And some friends. We were quite an odd couple. I had been fairly good in school and stayed out of any sort of trouble. He was constantly in trouble and always up to something. He had it from his father who was born salesman in the bad sense of the word. He could deal about anything and did it. Laws could be bent if there was a gain and he was several times in conflict with tax authorities. At periods he was on business trips, but it might have been short spells in jail. I didn't ask about it straight. But it was clear that Joe's grandmother was for sale to the right price, and most likely Joe's own mother too.

Yet we were friends. I would help him with schoolwork some. Quite some to be honest. And I helped him out of troubles at times too. On the other hand he did help me with all sorts of things; he could negotiate a bargain price on anything I asked for. He could take me to parties that I would never been invited to, short visits into the wild side of life.

But beyond that we understood our differences and respected that. We never tried to change each other, we had an understanding. Now we had not been in contact for a long time. There had been sporadic contacts with years in-between.

And we had indeed drifted apart. Now I live a good family life with my wife since some 10 years, with two kids 7 and 3. Add a stressful job with a bit of career and days are full. Our relationship is working very well on the practical level, but we were not hot lovers anymore. Actually we never really were, but we were very found of each other and still are. Stable and comfortable, but nothing much else as of now, I guess.

He on the other hand seemed to be more and more like his father. I did not know a lot, but he seemed to live an unstructured life sprinkled with opportunities and failures. His cash-flow seems like a roller-coaster at best. We have our youth as a common memory but now our lives were as apart as our personalities always had been. I did not know much about his private life, but he had been married once. It lasted for 6 months or so.

Anyway I was looking forward to meet him again after such a long time. You could never guess what he had up his sleeve. This was part of the fun, at least when we were young. Now I wouldn't have time with his problems, but I should have time for a beer.

- Hi honey. Could I have a few hours off on Saturday evening?

- Suppose you could. What's up?

- Joe called and wanted to talk about old memories.

- Oh shit. Him again. What was his problem this time?

- He did not mention any problems, we had a nice phone talk.

- That's a bad sign. If he had good news he would have told them over phone.

- You are overanalyzing this. He just called to have a beer.

- I remember such an event in the past. When you came back you had lent him 1000 Dollars. They never came back as far as I know. But the following contact he wanted to show off his shining Mercedes cabriolet. Though he gave you no money. Bastard.

She was right of course.

- And the time he came to stay three nights in our apartment. That turned out to be three weeks until I threw him out. Didn't pay for that either. Bloody monster!

- But he took us to Las Vegas for a weekend and paid our expenses.

- That was nice, I'll have to admit that. But he probably got the expenses covered from the hotel for being such a profitable loser. Or maybe he could pull off some scam by being seen with people with a clean track record.

I had not occurred to me that maybe we were actually doing him a favor while enjoying ourselves. That would explain the one great gesture he had ever done to us.

- Anyway, I would like to just meet him. I promise not to give him any money or any other such deal.

- I don't think so. I trust you deeply except when it comes to Joe. He turns your head like no one else.

- Meredith darling, you are the one turning my head the most. Your whish outweighs any of his wild ideas. I will not agree to anything you would not approve.

- You flatterer. Sorry, I can't let you go. If I go with you it would be ok.

- But you both hate each other. We would not have a good time.

- You have a point there. So the conclusion is you cannot go.

That was the final word about it. I could not find any weak point in her argument, and I certainly rather go along with the woman I live with than with a dubious person like Joe. Better safe than sorry. I would call him the day after and tell Joe that I was not available.

In the morning Meredith said she was sorry to hinder me to meet with an old friend after all. There could be another way to do it.

- How would that be possible?

- I could follow you and pretend to be your secret mistress. At least that would impress him.

- Nonsense, he would recognize you immediately. He knows you quite well.

- I could try to disguise as good as I could.

- It does not work. He won't go for it.

- I promise to do my best to look different. Or you can't go.

It was hard to assess the offer. She was not very interested in clothes and uses very little makeup. At the occasional Halloween we would dress up, but we were always among the careful couples in terms of dressing.

- I don't see how it could work.

- I said I will do my best. It should be enough. And he hasn't seen me in some five or six years. His memory should have faded a bit.

- Hard to say. I have my doubts. Did you ever do theatre at school or something?

- No, I didn't. Sorry, cannot catch up with that now. Take it or leave it.

- This is absurd! How can I get into such a situation?

- Ha! It just takes a phone call from Joe and life starts to get all winded up! That's him in a nutshell!

- Ok, ok, ok. But if we do it you have to be nice. Not use the situation to get even with him.

- Smart question. I did not think of that.

- I have the intention to have a beer and a snack with Joe. Nothing else. You are there to see that I do not get mixed up in some new shady business of his. But not to make a fuss.

- Ok. I am supposed to be your lover and do not have any past experience of him. I could play that part. So what's it gonna be?

- I must be mad. But I am leaning toward trying it. Ah. Hmm. Well, ok. I say yes.

- I was really hoping you wouldn't take it. I have not figured out how to do it. This must be the craziest thing we have done in a long time.

- Possibly the craziest thing ever. But that's how it is to hang out with Joe, I have to agree.

Indeed Joe had not lost his touch. Life with Joe in the picture just has more energy. Meredith arranged with her parents to do the babysitting on Saturday. Then she went deep into the closet to find garments for her new career as actress.

I called Joe. I told him I would bring someone. He connected all too quickly that I had a lover, as he could not understand how I could stay married with Meredith.

-----

Meredith was digging in the closet and went for longer shopping trips than usual. Normally she is rather a practical person than a shopaholic, I'm grateful for that.

Anyway she had dug up the corset she had at our wedding. It had strings that could be released and in the widest position she could still wear it with an effort. And she found the exclusive high-heels she bought some several years ago for a fortune. It was a done in one of her rare moments when she bought something she did not actually need. So they had been absolutely unused, but now was a moment they came in use. I guess she had a rather different occasion in mind when she bought them.

On the big day we took the kids to her parents in the morning. Having a day off is a day off after all. She took a bag with stuff and we went to her younger sister. She is 4 hears younger but very much a single. Meredith reckoned that sis would have clothes that are in fashion and she could borrow some.

Being there I was asked to stay in the living room and reading or watching TV. I heard occasional giggles and laughs from the bedroom where Meredith was trying out clothes. Judging from the time it took she must have tried everything twice. Apparently I was missing a lot of fun too. Girl fun. I probably would not have understood any of it if I had been there, anyway.

After an eternity, the girls emerged from the bedroom. Meredith was dressed very much unlike her normal style. She had a leather skirt down to her knees, black pantyhose and her own black shoes. And a jacket of some shining material with button and belt in silver. She had a fairly strong makeup as she never ever has. Probably more than even Halloween, didn't I say we had been on the careful side?

She looked better than ever, a bit of a makeover actually. Compared to the mundane everyday clothes and pale makeup, this was clearly different. But it was still Meredith, it was no difficulty to see it was her. While excited to see her like this, my heart sank when I thought about the encounter with Joe which now seemed to be a very embarrassing event. I could see Meredith had made a really good effort. I had not thought too much about how she would accomplish her promise. But this was not enough, but I could not say anything. Especially not when her sister had done such a good contribution after all.

I praised their effort and thanked Meredith's sister as heartily I could. When we had left I said:

- You look different dear. It is a clear change, a lot hotter if I may say so. Hrm, but...

- Thank you so much. But what?

- But do you think Joe won't recognize you now?

- Maybe, maybe not. We are not finished, the best is yet to come. I'd say that now you see a Meredith ready for some serious partying. But still just old Meredith.

- So?

- We have one more step of preparation before your mistress can enter the stage. Let me drive now.

-----

She drove through the city heading for something. I didn't have a clue. Eventually she pulled over and parked on a street I had not been to for a long time. When we stepped out we walked one block and she pointed at a shop across the street.

- That's where we are going now.

- You can't be serious. It is ridiculous!

- Yes and no. I'm dead serious and sure this is ridiculous.

It was a wig shop.

- I hope you did not tell your sister about this.

- You don't want to know.

- Shit. Oooh ... gross embarassement! Now I can never look her in the eyes again.

- You will get over it. Let's do it now.

- No turning back, I suppose?

- Hell no. I have spent too much time and energy on this now. Now a small question: When you fantasize about another woman, is she dark, or blonde? What do you dream of?

- Ha, trick question! I have a lovely wife, I do not dream of anything like that.

- Good, you passed the test. Next question. Suppose your wife would impersonate your mistress using a wig, what color should it have?

- Don't know. Blondes have more fun, maybe? No, actually I don't know.

- Let's find out.

We went inside. She was greeted by a woman in the shop and I realized Meredith had already been here. Now it was about the final choice and buying it. The woman in the shop talked a little with us and commented on her new dressing style. She must have noticed the makeup too but did not mention it. Then she seated Meredith in a chair in front of a large mirror and begun to comb and pin her hair. Then she pulled a wig cap over her head. I felt just lost, I had not been prepared for this situation at all. I guess I should have thought of the idea, but it just did never occurred to me. The woman lined up three heads with wigs, probably the ones Meredith had already tried out as candidates. It was now up to me to see what would look best, they told me. Apparently I would have to confess what my dream mistress would look like after all. Damn Joe.

First she tried a long sleek black wig. The change took me by surprise. It looked real enough and it was a different style. But on reflection, while it did look really good it was not so much different from Meredith's normal hair. She is dark brown, this is black. And the wig was clearly longer, but so could her hair be after six years. Beautiful, but not really different.

Next try was for sure the opposite, no doubt. It was a curly short blond wig. Totally different, and very cute. This was a different woman altogether. I had to give it a minute. It was maybe less convincing a wig. But more than that, it was sweet and now she was wearing some kick-ass hot clothes. Styles did not match, it probably looked better when Meredith was here wearing her usual clothes.

Then she showed a short boy page wig. Platinum blonde. She looked stunning. Shorter than her normal hair, and absolutely straight. This was hot! But on the negative side it did not cover her features enough. You could see it was Meredith, although not quite the same. Indeed different, but I was not yet convinced this was right one. We kept going.

The woman then showed some brown shades, but I though they were not hot. Nice and could be beautiful, but not hot. And too close to Merediths own hair.

The she came with a short red wig, with an asymmetric cut. Short on one side and longer on the other. This was a very striking design and took attention off some facial features. Fashionable indeed, maybe too much so.

Then she went away and on return she presented a longer curly red wig. It first looked like a lot of hair, and I did not like it as much as some other on the first look. Something for cheap girls, I though. But then it struck me that is what we should be looking for, the hair of a woman very unlike Meredith. When she tried it on her facial features were basically hidden under all the hair. The woman called it "showgirl" style, a promising label for this mission.

We discussed the different wigs so far, they mostly did look good on Meredith. But it was the last one that would make me confident in meeting Joe. Meredith looked a bit embarrassed and giggled. The woman looked satisfied and it was clear to her that she had closed the deal.

Meredith asked her to comb it and make it look good. She would keep it on for the day. The woman trimmed the fringe and combed the wig thoroughly.

- So you are going out tonight? The woman asked.

- Yes, we are.

- Then I should hint that color of your lipstick is not quite right anymore. The tone of the hair suggests something else.

- Please, improve as you can. I want to look my best, Meredith answered.

- And, if I may ask, you want to look unlike your normal self?

- Yes that is the idea. Tonight I'm not myself. Meredith giggled again.

- It can be wonderful to be someone else sometimes. We have some such customers, of course. Not all tell, but now that you do, I can help you better.

- I haven't done this before. It's embarrassing, but please do what you can.

- Just sit back and I will do some improvements.

She tilted the seat backwards and raised it. Then she explained that the current makeup was a good evening makeup. But there is a difference between beauty makeup, trying to enhance somebody's natural look and theatrical makeup trying to change the appearance of a person. She then added some subtle shadows and explained it would make the nose appear more narrow and cheekbones higher. Eyebrows went from their natural curve to a straighter line higher up. The sum of several small changes made a bigger difference together. Then she applied a different lipstick, a darker red.

For the third time the same afternoon I saw my ever-constantly-looking wife change looks again. First with different clothes, then with wigs and now with the professional makeup. I had never expected Meredith to do this, she had really acted out of the box . This was beyond my expectations and I had to admit I found it exiting.

- I could suggest some false eyelashes too, the woman asked with a daring voice.

- Don't they look too artificial? Meredith asked.

- Not necessarily. I can pick a pair that looks natural. Not too long, and sparse enough to be subtle yet suggestive.

- How could I say no to that?

She picked them from a small box and carefully glued them. She was right again, you wouldn't tell, but the eyes got more glow. By now I had a hard time recognizing Meredith, this should be good enough to fool Joe. This might actually work.

Meredith sat up from the tilted chair and examined herself in the mirror. She had not followed the process as I had and she got a surprise as she saw the total result.

- Wow! Is this for real? This is better than I imagined! I can't believe my eyes! Thank you!

She was ready now. Meredith bought also the lipstick, paid for it all and we thanked again for the help. The woman made a big smile and whished us a nice evening. We went back to the car. Once inside we bursted out in a longest laugh we had in a long time. When we could breathe again I could only confess:

- Ok, you win. Joe won't recognize you now. If I were unprepared, I wouldn't spot you either. I can't belive it! Give me a kiss!

- No way, I must be careful with this makeup. But sure, it turned out better than I hoped for. I'm so relieved I could keep my promise! At first I did not know how to pull it off. But after my first visit in the wig shop I began to feel confident. You have to admit the hair does it.

- Yes you were many different persons in a short time in that chair.

- Pretty exciting, isn't it?

- No kidding. Well, we still have not done it. We have to be careful about what we say.

- I feel so dressed that I will not have a problem to stay in character. Speaking of that, as your mistress I must have a name.

- You are right. Haven't thought of that before. Hmm, would Marilyn be too obvious? An iconic dream woman, as you are now.

- You are flattering the fake me. I can't deny Marilyn Monroe. But it is a bit close to Meredith, we might give ourselves away. Something not starting with 'M' at least. Maybe Diana?

- Not right. Maybe Joanna or Juliette? I asked.

- Too long and pretentious. Cut that short and you get Julie?

- Julie is sweet. And nowhere near Meredith.

- Good! I am Julie from now on. We need to practice our roles.

- Yeah, you have to believe me this is new to me too. So I have this beautiful mistress with long flowing red hair called Julie. How long have I known you?

We began to drafts a past history as secret lovers. We had a coffee at a bar and started to hold hands and such things lovers do. Long gazes and flirting. Too bad kissing was off limits. The makeup was too precious.

-----

At the time we went to the Bistro where we would meet Joe we had begun to accept Julie. As Julie she had begun to explore a personality that was different from Meredith. Happier and more spontaneous. Flirting and light-hearted. The girl you could go out with, the rather dull wife was all gone. I occurred to me that I had to play along and be the courteous guy such a girl deserves. We had a good time together but had also growing feeling of tension about the meeting with Joe. Or maybe it was excitement. Anyway, we could not have been more prepared.

Joe came a little late, we had been waiting briefly in a quiet corner of the bistro. He went in with a hurry as a busy man, but when he saw Julie he immediately turned cool and charming.

WiggyPhil
WiggyPhil
10 Followers
12