An Unbreakable Desire Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lena attempted to follow, but strong arms wrapped around her.

She quickly gave a questioning glare to her assailant.

Zane turned her around. He looked deep into her purple eyes, searching for something he needed desperately, but appeared to be hidden behind a cloudy haze. "Lena," He started.

"Stop wasting time!" She interrupted, adjusting her long dress.

Zane grabbed her around the waist, and crushed his lips to hers.

Lena leant back, absorbing the tantalizing kiss. She pushed back with her own mouth and began to nibble the lower lip pressed against hers. For a moment she allowed herself to forget everything. For a moment, she allowed herself to live.

Yet even so, she ended it all with a loud slap, smashed straight across the handsome man's face. Lena watched as a strange smirk emerged on Zane's face.

"You need to let me lead this," Zane growled.

Lena crossed her arms. "So lead," she said with sarcastic bitterness.

"I mean it, sweetheart. If I tell you to do something, do it. If I say run, run. If I say hide, hide. Don't. fucking. Argue." Zane spoke so roughly that a jolt emerged in Lena's loins.

Lena tapped her foot. "Fine."

Zane gestured towards the ladder, "After you,"

Lena hesitated and felt a blush creep onto her face, "So you can look up my skirt. You go first."

Zane stood his ground, "This isn't a fucking game. Get your ass up there. I'm not going to violate you as you climb a ladder."

Too worried to argue, Lena tugged her skirt down, and grasped the loose material, tightening it to her form in the process. She started up the ladder, but hesitated momentarily. Zane gave her a reassuring nod.

*****************

Ares extended his hand to help Lena off the ladder. She clutched his offer, yet still managed to trip over her dress. Cole grabbed her waist, and steadied her to the ground.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Ugh...yeah," She said trying to balance on her heels.

Alexander Zane emerged seconds after Lena. He readjusted his necktie, but otherwise looked composed.

Lena began to smooth the wrinkles forming on her chiffon skirt. She tugged the sweetheart neckline of her dress, and readjusted her bust. Looking up, she took in her surroundings. Several men dressed in black tuxedos surrounded them. None of them looked immediately threatening, but all of them held an imposing aura.

The deck of the yacht was spectacular. Lena was stunned by the flooring alone. It was covered in black glossed tiles that reflected the moon, casting a striking shimmering effect. The white walls were laced with lights, causing them to glow in a multitude of colours.

The men gestured the small group forward. Lena moved when she felt a strong hand on her lower back push her onward. She looked up at Zane, who was looking straight ahead.

They walked from the back of the yacht, passing by several rooms and entrances. Numerous patrons passed by the group all dressed in fancy gowns, jewels and tuxes. Some looked curious, but most ignored the group, not wishing to ruin their experience.

Lena could hear loud music playing from the lower level of the boat, and the sounds of laughter flowing past her. Lena stumbled several times.

'Fucking heels' she cursed to herself.

The group reached a set of elevators. The security men stepped back, motioning the group to continue alone. Alexander Zane gave each and every one of them a deathly glare. He made sure to linger at each of their faces, threatening them silently. He noticed one of them unconsciously gulp.

The group entered the elevators, and Cole pressed the button for the top floor, otherwise known as the 'Lion's Den'. Lena stood on her toes, and began swaying nervously. She watched as the three men gave each other a knowing look.

"What?" Lena asked.

Before she received an answer, the doors opened with their characteristic 'ping'. Several more men dressed in black greeted them. Greet was the key word.

"Your guns." A burly yet curly haired man asked, signaling to several of his men in the process.

Zane, Cole and Ares each released their guns from its holster. They disassembled them before giving them to the designated men directly in front of them.

The burly man looked at Lena, "And the lady?"

"She doesn't have one." Zane said dryly as he walked past the security. Ares gave Lena a gentle smile.

Lena hesitated. But a muffled groan moved her feet before she could process it.

"James!" She screamed.

************************

Maddox was in the midst of rolling up his sleeves when a small woman bursts through the large double doors. He allowed his eyes to wander. She wore a long black dress, with a slit running straight up the front. As she ran in, the material flowed back, revealing shapely legs. The top of her dress was made of a thicker material and cut in a sweet-heart style, framing her bust and giving her breasts the subtle illusion that they were bigger. Her lavender eyes peered through, shifting from concern, disgust, anger and absolute hatred. Maddox's lips curled as he watched as several emotions flash quickly upon her face. As soon as one reaction appeared it was almost immediately replaced with another.

Lena quickly scanned the room, and instantaneously fixated on James. He was tied to a chair. His face was several shades of purple and red. Large and small cuts were splayed across his exposed skin. Lena saw as blood gushed out from his thigh as it collected onto the hardwood floor. She leaped towards James, but a deep growled and a strong arm circled around her waist, pulling her back in full swing.

Irritated, Lena followed the arm circled around her waist, expecting Zane to be at the end of the trail. Instead, she locked eyes with Cole. Lena was taken-aback with his emotionless expression. She looked around the room and noticed that all the men wore the same stoicism, save for herself and James, whom, at the moment could barely lift his head up.

Watching Zane, Lena noticed that his focus was on an equally tall man. She shifted her gaze and looked at the dangerous person sitting near James. He had dark blond hair that was longer than Zane's. He was dressed casually, considering everyone else was in suits. He took a swig out of his glass that was filled with a dark amber liquid, and several ice blocks. His eyes were boldly glaring entirely at Lena.

She inadvertently gulped as she felt herself being scrutinized and objectified.

'Maddox Zero' Lena knew instantly.

Refusing to shrink from his stare, Lena returned it with an equally angered one. She noticed that he did not have an ordinary eye colour, or rather a solid colour. Instead, each orb held an array of colours. The predominant colours were green and blue, mixed together beautifully with flecks of orange spattered around the edges of his pupil.

"Wow" She caught herself saying. She felt Cole's arm jerk slightly, before releasing her.

Cole moved forward towards the enemy across from them. Lena counted four men, including Zero. She noticed a man from Zero's entourage begin to search Ares. The man ran his hands down Ares' sides, and patted them against pockets. He moved down the older man's legs quickly before assessing Zane, who never once shifted his gaze from Zero. Lena watched as Cole conducted the same search to Zero's men. Yet, neither had been able to find any disconcerting items. A quick sigh of relief washed over her.

Lena flinched as she felt hands roam her body. They were cold, yet quick. But she could still feel them linger on certain areas of her body, including her ass.

"Are you fucked?" She asked the man.

Several sets of eyes turned their attention to Lena, and she immediately regretted saying anything. Instead, she turned her focus back onto James. She noticed his left eye was beginning to swell shut, but his right eye was staring pleadingly at her. It looked as though he was straining to raise his head. She mouthed the word "sorry" to James once their eyes connected.

Lena was more pissed than she had ever been in her entire life. Her body was trembling with anger. Her eyes concentrated on Zero, no longer entranced by his stare, but rather, they were calculating and analyzing his every move and gesture.

Once everyone had been searched, including Cole and Maddox. Ares moved to stand closer to Lena, hoping he could stop any of her unexpected actions.

Maddox moved from the spot where he had been searched. He now stood behind James, and pulled the smaller man's hair back to elicit a pained groan.

Lena rushed forward immediately, but her path was blocked by Ares.

"Leave him alone!" Her feminine voice screamed. "You want me! So don't touch him."

Cole and Zane shifted their bodies to stand protectively in front of her.

Zero's grin grew. "Lena Lockheart" His mouth practically purred.

"Maddox Zero" Lena said mockingly. His hand tightened around James' hair eliciting another pained groan. "Stop that!" She yelled.

Lena watched as the smirk on Zero's face grew wider as he focused his attention on Zane.

"Look Eric..." indicating to the man on his right with a slight nod, "It's little Alex."

A rumbling noise began to emerge from Zane's throat, eliciting a growl-like noise.

"If you're going to act like a dog, boy, I can put you down like one too." The moment those words slipped past Zero's lips, Zane visibly tensed with anger. Several veins bulged out from his arms and neck as Zane restrained himself from attacking. Zane hated this man. He hated him more than he could think was possible. This man was the Bane of his existence, the source of all tragedies in his life. Zane prayed that when the time came, he would be the one to end Zero's life. A bullet between the eyes sounded too quick. Zane wanted him to die slowly, beneath the weight of his fists, as he pummeled them into the older man's face. He even had the perfect watch picked out for such an occasion.

With a quick glance in Lena's direction, Zane was instantly reminded with the fact that he needed to be the calm, clear-headed one. Her face was practically screaming 'reckless decisions'.

"Look Zero, Lena is under my protection. To compensate for the wronging that was committed against you I have sent three times the amount that was stolen, to your base in Arcis. You can confirm it with your men. It has already been delivered."

Time seemed to pass by slowly as Zero stared emptily at Zane, Ares and Cole. Lena felt her palms sweat. Her fingers were itching to touch James, to ensure that he was alright. She prayed Averda would take the money and just leave.

"It would be wise to take the money, Zero. It is more than enough." Ares spoke softly, breaking through the silence. He remained emotionless as every pair of eyes turned on him.

With a silent signal, Eric, the second in command pulled out his phone and dialed. He placed the sleek phone and nodded as words filled his ear.

"The money has been delivered." Eric confirmed before returning his phone to the pocket it came from.

"Take. The. Money." Zane said between clenched teeth. "We don't need another blood war!"

Maddox Zero gave a wicked grin, "Of course I'll take the money. It would be a stupid decision not to." Zero circled around James, eventually standing directly behind him, while James sat helplessly. "That solves one problem..." Zero said callously.

"Pardon?" Lena questioned as she subconsciously moved closer to the Valyrian prince. The moment those unique eyes focused on her, she felt several shivers shake through her entire body. She reckoned it was her body's natural reaction to dislike this man.

"It's really simple, darling." Zero drawled out in a frighteningly sweet tone. "While mistakes like the one you've made can be easily rectified," He gave a slight nod in Zane's direction, "There are things you must learn, when it comes to crossing me."

Lena pursed her lips, "Like the fact that you are an evil, narcissistic, psychopathic asshole. I got that loud and clear!"

Zero's lips curved upwards and he heard Eric let out a chuckle.

"Exactly, darling. But, you see...I don't think you'll truly understand my character unless a little blood is shed." Maddox Zero reached underneath James' seat and pulled out the gun he had hidden there earlier.

He heard her soft gasp and saw as her eyes widened in freight.

James could feel his heart beat fiercely, his forehead dripped with sweat, and he knew the inevitable was approaching. "Lena..." He said with desperate passion. "Don't look!."

"James!" Lena screamed. Her face contorted into desperation. She was panicking.

"Zero!" Alexander Zane called out.

Zero let out a hearty laugh and he pointed the gun's barrel directly at the back of his hostage's head.

"That man is under my protection, you hurt him and you'll be starting another blood war!" Zane yelled desperately.

"It doesn't matter what I do to him, you're too weak, too naïve, you'll never start a war and endanger the lives of your men... you don't take enough risks to be a good leader."

"Don't you fucking dare!" Lena cried out. She reached for her hair pin, but Ares prevented her from doing so, by holding her tight to his form. She twisted and tried to get out of his grip. "I will kill you if you touch him!" She screamed.

Zane froze, his feet felt heavy under his weight. He knew that he couldn't do anything, and as if time was moving slowly he could see every move Zero made as he cocked his gun into place.

'Don't do it' Zane thought to himself. He knew Zero was a crazy bastard, but he never thought he'd be this insane and disillusioned.

"Yes, darling..." Zero began, staring intensely at Lena, his eyes capturing hers. "If there is anything that you'll remember of tonight, it is this... I am not a nice man. I am as you say. I am an evil, narcissistic, psychopathic asshole. And one day, you will be one too. Welcome to the syndicate life, Lena." As her name fell off his lips, a shot fired out.

"James" Lena whispered, her voice abandoning her in the waves of chaos.

****************************

2 years prior...

"So this is where you've been hiding!" Lena joined James underneath the large willow tree that stood proudly atop their favorite spot.

A gust of wind caused the leaves of the great willow to sing a natural lullaby.

"And how many other places did you try, Lean-Bean?" James said with a joyful smirk.

Lena frowned; she hated that nickname, but only allowed James to call her that. He came up with the name because as an adolescent, no matter how much food she shoved down her face, she seemed to maintain a skeleton-like figure. Ever since then, she was his Lean-Bean, even though she had since grown curves and her body was no longer sickly small.

"Not many...I wasn't that desperate to find you." Lena laughed as her long hair blew directly into James' face, causing him to spit out the strands that fell into his mouth. "Ew, that is so gross, James." Lena said. Her laugh now turned into a fake scowl.

James reached into the front pocket on his shirt and pulled out a package of cigarettes. He drew one out and lit it instantly.

"I thought you were quitting?" Lena asked with a raised brow.

"I am! I'm down to half a pack a day!" James said with a proud smile plastered on his face.

Lena couldn't help but pinch his cheek. "Ow!" James whined.

Lena took the cigarette from James' fingers before taking a hit. She blew the smoke casually out, but immediately started coughing.

"This is fucking disgusting! What's the appeal?" Lena's face contorted unattractively, as she gave James' back the butt.

James smiled, "It gives me a head rush."

"There's lots of things that can give you a head rush, but won't kill you slowly and painfully, idiot!"

"And, that's why I'm quitting!" James said defensively.

"I thought you were quitting because Kyna threatened to castrate you if you didn't?"

"Touché."

Lena laughed heartily, loving the way the breeze felt on her sunburns. "So..." She rolled on her stomach so that she could look at James. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

James reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small silver pouch. He handed it to Lena, and watched as she emptied the content into the palm of her small hand.

Lena whistled at the ring. It had a small, humble diamond atop a golden band. The stone sparkled as sunlight shined onto it.

"For me? You shouldn't have!" Lena said jokingly. She knew exactly who this was for.

"Hardy har har!" James mocked, "Think she'll say yes?"

"Well, if she's not in love with you, then I don't really understand why she's trying to stab me to death with her glares."

James slipped the ring back in its pouch, before placing it securely in his pocket. He gave it a light tap, "That's because you, my dear Lean-Bean are like cheap scotch..."

Lena raised her brow, "Ugh, excuse me?" She asked with attitude. She was definitely not happy at being referred to as 'cheap'.

James chuckled, "What I'm trying to say is that you are simply an acquired taste."

Lena smacked the back of his head, causing James choke on the smoke of his cigarette. "That was a shitty comparison, asshole."

Like an older brother would do, James grabbed Lena playfully by the neck and began rubbing her head, and in the process forced her hair to stand in several different directions.

"Ahhhhh!" Lena screamed.

She swiftly elbowed him in the gut, producing a groan.

"Anyways..." Lena said, smoothing down her hair, "When do you pop the question?" She emphasized the word 'pop'.

"Tonight, at dinner." James said. "But this isn't what I wanted to talk to you about."

James noticed as the small beauty beside him, bit her cheeks. A habit she failed to break.

"It's time you left." He said it with such conviction that Lena was momentarily taken aback.

"What the fuck!" She yelled. "So what, you get married and plan to kick me out of your life. You're gonna abandon me, you son of a bitch!" Lena was without a doubt, royally pissed.

"Are you done?" James asked in a condescending tone, as though he were talking to a child.

"Fuck you!" She spat viciously.

Lena began pacing. She was furious and all she wanted to do was to hit James square in the jaw. "Fuck it." She swore quietly to herself, and in moments she was on top of him, sending a punch to his abdomen, and another to his jaw.

Effortlessly, James flipped Lena onto her back and moved quickly, creating some much needed distance between the two.

"Calm your shit, Lena!" James screamed, ignoring the throbbing in his gut and chin.

"I hate you!"

The older man looked at Lena, he sighed before placing both his hands on his hips in an authoritative way. "Relax!" He said exhaustedly.

"It's time you left. You and I both know that if you stay here any longer you will die here. You're already practically dying!" James looked at Lena, his glare unwavering. "Do you think I don't notice the unnecessary risks you are taking? You have bruises on every inch of your skin that you try to hide with those baggy clothes." James gestured to her overly large slacks and sweatshirt the hid a variety of bruises, all in different stages of healing.

With a few quick strides, James was in front of Lena, their noses within inches of each other, "You pick fights with others for no damn reason! You are trying to get yourself killed. You know it and I know it. You are not living every day as though you were to die tomorrow. Instead, you live every day, seeking to die! It's time you fucking left, like you planned to do four months ago, when you turned eighteen! What the hell are you still doing here? Get the hell out of this one-pony town." He said the last part so softly that the anger building up inside Lena quickly subsided.