An Undeniable Passion Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
opels
opels
2,487 Followers

Drake smiled happily and said, "Plead my case. Tell her how I convinced you to stay here to look out for her. That should show her how much I care."

Wincing, Billy said, "She already knows that. I told her."

"Oh, well then..." He walked over to his desk and took a letter out of a drawer. "Give this to her. I had a talk with her best friend in Liverpool and she wrote this to Virginia on my behalf. Although be careful. This is in response to the letter that you gave me from her. Remember you told her that you sent it on a different ship."

Billy nodded as he looked at the letter in his hand. "Oh yeah, she may not like that," he said worriedly. "I'll ask her how she's feeling now that a few days have passed. See how she feels about you. I'll come back in a couple of days and tell you what she says, and also how she reacts to the letter."

"Thank you Forrester, I appreciate it."

Billy was about to leave but turned back and pulled out an envelope from his pocket. "I almost forgot. Here's the money back that you gave me when I first arrived. I thought I should pay you back."

He took the envelope and remembering his fiancée's comment about him being wealthy he had to ask again. "Forrester, how did you do it? Where did your sudden wealth come from?"

He gave Drake a small smile. "Like I told you before, you'll have to ask Ginny about that."

"But why? Why can't you tell me?"

"Because she would rather I didn't." He turned and went up the stairs.

He arrived back at the farm and found Virginia in the library curled up in front of a fire with an open book in her lap. She wasn't reading it though. She was staring into the flames dancing on the logs in the fireplace. He walked in and sat in a chair next to her. Looking over at him, she gave him small smile.

"How are you feeling today?" he asked.

"Much better thank you," she said, attempting a bigger smile.

"How's the book?" he asked.

"I have no idea," she said looking down at it. "I start reading and the next thing I know, I'm staring into the fire."

"Are you thinking about Cap'in Stratford?" he asked tentatively.

She glanced at him before returning her gaze to the fire. "Yes, partly. And trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with Thomas. He'll be here soon. I don't need to tell him do I?"

"No, you don't. You're not engaged and he hasn't even formally declared his intentions. Do you still feel the same way as you did a few days ago? Do you still hate him, Cap'in Stratford that is?"

"Yes and no." She moaned and said, "Oh, Billy I don't know. I don't know if I love him or if I hate him. Why is it so hard? You don't have this problem with Elizabeth, why do I have it with Drake?"

"Do you think maybe because you're afraid he doesn't love you?"

She stared at him, surprised at his insight. She thought for a moment and replied, "Yes, I think that may be it. I don't know how he feels. Sometimes I think he loves me, but then he'll say or do something so cold and mean that I'll think he can't possibly have any feelings for me at all."

"Maybe you just take what he says the wrong way. Maybe he doesn't mean to be cold or mean."

"Billy, what are you saying? What's going on?"

"I went to see him today," he admitted. "He says he loves you."

She stared at him a moment and then closed her eyes and tipped her head back to rest on the back of the chair.

"I believe him, Ginny." He reached into his pocket for the letter from Violet. "And I think someone else does too." She opened her eyes and looked at him. He handed her the letter.

She stared at the letter, recognizing Violet's handwriting. "Where did you get this?" she asked.

"He gave it to me." He took a deep breath and said, "Remember the letter you gave me to send to England and I said I sent it on a ship other than the Aurora? Well, I didn't. I gave it to him."

She stared at him in disbelief. "You did what? Billy, how could you? I poured my heart out in that letter. He probably tore it open and read the whole thing right after you left."

"I don't think so, Ginny. He said he wouldn't, and I've never known Cap'in Stratford to break a promise."

She continued to stare at him, the pain of betrayal shining in her eyes.

"Besides, he did deliver it and this is the response. As you can see, it's still sealed. He hasn't read this one."

She looked down again at the letter in her hands. She slowly opened the envelope and began to read the few pages. She read the letter twice before she slowly folded the pages and returned them to the envelope. "She feels the same way you do. She's also convinced that he loves me and that I should give him another chance." She closed the book in her lap and stood. "Well, he may have managed to fool the two of you but he doesn't fool me. I don't know what his sick game is, but I want no part of it. You go back and tell him that he might as well just sail right on back to England because I never want to see him again. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to change into a fresh dress for Thomas' visit."

She stood in front of her wardrobe trying to decide which dress to wear. She was looking at them hanging in front of her but she wasn't seeing them. Both Billy and Violet believe Drake loves me, she thought. She absent mindedly chose a dark blue velvet that she had just finished and began to unlace her dress. Possibly Billy could be easily persuaded, but Vi? She loved a good romance but she was too shrewd and cared about Virginia too much to be easily fooled. She pulled off the gown she was wearing and pulled the blue one over her head. Vi was convinced that she was in love with him and most likely so was Billy. She had said so a number of times. Tightening the laces on her gown, she tried to figure things out but she was so confused, she didn't know what to think. She tied off the laces and sat down at her dressing table, distractedly pulling her hair back and twisting it up on top of her head. I don't have time to think about this now, she thought. I have to figure out how to get through this visit with Thomas.

She went downstairs and into the kitchen and began preparing some refreshments. She was almost through when she heard a knock at the front door. She heard Billy greeting Thomas and joined him in the sitting room a few minutes later.

He rose to relieve her of the tray. "My dear, are you all right? You look a bit pale," he said with concern in his voice.

"Oh yes, I'm fine. There was an owl outside my window last night and it made the most awful racket for hours. I'm afraid I didn't get much sleep." She was astonished at how easily the lie came to her.

"Yes, they can be a bit of a problem. Try banging a pot with a wooden spoon if it happens again. That will scare him off."

"Thank you, I'll try that. Although, I'll probably frighten Billy even more," she laughed.

Thomas put the tray down and they both sat. She poured the tea and searched for something to say. All she could think about was Drake. Thomas broke the silence. "How are the plans coming for your ball? People are beginning to buzz about it. I think it's going to be a great success."

"Things are coming along quite well. I'm very surprised that almost everyone I've invited has said yes. I feel quite sorry for anyone else who is having a party that night."

Thomas chuckled. "No one else is. Any parties that had already been announced were promptly cancelled. Your ball is to be the social event of the season!"

She stared at him in surprise. "Oh my," she whispered. "I didn't realize...oh, I do hope I can live up to everyone's expectations." All thoughts of Drake were suddenly wiped from her mind. She began to worry that her current plans weren't lavish enough. "I think I need to see Doris sooner that I had planned."

"Don't worry my dear, I'm sure anything you do will be perfect."

"Thank you Thomas, but I'm not so sure."

"I didn't mean to worry you. Let's speak of other things. How are operations here on your farm going?"

"Well, since it's winter there's not much to do, just wait until spring."

"And you're still determined to plant and harvest your own crops?" he asked.

"Yes, bound and determined," she said cheerfully. "I realize that Billy and I won't be able to do it all on our own and we'll have to hire some help but I intend to be right in there with them."

He looked at her and chuckled, shaking his head.

"Are you laughing at me, Thomas?" she asked him, her lips curving into a smile.

"No, my dear. I'm just trying to imagine Doris doing the same thing." He began to laugh again. "Oh dear, that would be a sight."

She tried to imagine Doris doing any kind of physical labor and just couldn't. Suddenly a vision of Drake helping his crew hoist a new sail after the storm, floated through her mind. Seeing his muscles flexing as he worked with his men, getting the heavy sail into place. She snapped out of her reverie at the sound of Thomas' voice. "I'm sorry did you say something?"

"Are you sure you're all right?" he asked. "You suddenly seemed to be someplace else."

"I'm sorry, just overtired from last night," she said. She studied Thomas' face. He is an attractive man, but not in the way that Drake is, she thought. Compared to his dark hair and golden eyes, Thomas looked rather bland. She mentally shook her head, trying to drive the thoughts of Drake away. All she succeeded in doing though, was bringing back the memories of a few days ago. She looked at Thomas' mouth and wondered if a passionate kiss from him would throw her over the edge of reason. Would she object if he picked her up and began carrying her up the stairs? Somehow she couldn't even picture him doing it.

"Virginia, are you sure you're alright? You're looking at me most peculiarly."

Before she knew what she was doing, she moved over to the couch where Thomas was sitting and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Kiss me, Thomas," she whispered.

He stared at her confused for a moment and then holding her gently by the arms, placed a quick kiss on her lips.

"Not like that," she breathed, leaning closer to him. She clutched the back of his neck and drew his head to hers. She pressed her lips to his and held him to her. She moved her lips over his trying to elicit a reaction from him. When none was forthcoming she pulled back. He just stared at her with shocked eyes. However, the shock quickly changed to passion and he pulled her to him. He kissed her passionately and she fell into his arms, hoping to be swept away. But all she could think of was Drake. How Drake's kisses by now would have her mind in a whirl and butterflies the size of eagles flying about her stomach. She parted her lips as the kiss deepened thinking that for certain, that would do it, and she began to feel a tingling in her stomach. The butterflies were small but they were there. She pressed herself against him and felt a small shiver slip down her spine.

Thomas finally broke the kiss and pulled back. His chest was heaving and she could see the passion smoldering in his eyes. "I think we had best stop there, my dear. If we continue I may lose my senses and who knows what might happen."

"Yes, who knows?" she murmured. She was somehow disappointed that he hadn't attempted to go further. That it was only he who was afraid of losing control. She had been painfully aware of everything during the kiss, whereas when she was in Drake's arms, the roof could have caved in and even if she had noticed, she wouldn't have cared.

The rest of the visit passed uneventfully and when it was time for him to go she saw him to the door. "Thank you my dear, for a lovely visit. I enjoyed it immensely." It was clear he was referring to their kiss and she lowered her eyes and blushed, suddenly shocked by her own behavior. He tipped her head back and pressed his lips against hers, holding her to him for a moment.

"Until next time," he whispered, before descending the steps to his carriage.

She closed the door and leaned against it. With a sigh she wandered into the library. She built a small fire and curled up in one of the leather chairs staring into the flames. So Thomas' kiss hadn't swept her off her feet, so what? That wasn't the most important thing in the world, she told herself. If she was going to marry a man, passion wasn't the most important ingredient in the mix. Things like mutual respect, caring and kindness were more crucial to making a marriage work in the long term. And love would come eventually, she was sure of that.

Thomas sat in his carriage on the way back to his house, thankful that it was such a short ride. What had come over her to act so brazenly? He was thoroughly shocked by her behavior but also delighted that he could elicit such passion in her. And she had certainly set his passions aflame. He had been most uncomfortable for the remainder of his visit and was now eager to get up to his apartments and ease his suffering. He alighted from the carriage and as he climbed the front steps he checked his pocket watch. He was just in time.

He passed Doris on the stairs up and she seemed startled to see him. "Thomas, you weren't expected home so soon, the maids haven't finished with your rooms yet."

"That's quite all right, sister. I won't be but a moment," he called out over his shoulder.

He entered his apartments and went straight for the bedroom and there was the new chamber maid, dusting the mantle over the fireplace. She turned when she heard him enter. She bobbed a quick curtsey, "I'm sorry sir, I didn't realize you were returning so soon. I'll come back later." She went to pass him but he blocked her way.

Thomas looked down at the young woman as she stood before him with her eyes lowered. She had only been there for about a month, but she hadn't escaped his attention. She wasn't very tall, just over five feet with a tumble of reddish blond curls. His eyes swept over her hungrily. "What is your name lass?"

She looked up at him surprised that he had asked, "Dolly, sir," she whispered. She saw the lust in his eyes and took a few steps away from him.

"How old are you Dolly?" he asked, keeping his eyes on her.

"Twenty."

"Have you ever worked in a big house before?" He removed his over coat and tossed it over a chair.

"Yes, sir. For a short while." She was clearly nervous now.

"Were there any young men in the house?" He removed his frock coat and tossed it over the chair as well.

"Yes sir, there were." She continued to back away from him.

"So, I assume you know that young men quite often have some sport with the maids of large houses." He unbuttoned his waistcoat and it joined his other garments.

"Yes, sir. I've known of it to happen," she replied warily, eyeing the mound of clothes he had just discarded.

"Has it ever happened to you?" His eyes swept over her body, taking in the fullness of her breasts and her slim waist.

"Thankfully, no, sir."

"Ah, are you a virgin then, Dolly?" He looked into her eyes and saw the fear there. His pulse quickened.

"Yes, sir." She was so distraught she was almost in tears.

He began approaching her. "That's good. I like virgins." He quickly grabbed her by the waist and flung her onto the bed. He rolled her onto her stomach and began pulling up her skirts. The young maid began to cry begging him to stop.

"Shut your mouth, wench," he growled, pushing her face into the blankets.

He tugged down her pantalets and opened his breeches. He raised Dolly's hips into the air and roughly plunged into her. He felt the slight resistance as proof of her now lost virginity and emitted a satisfied groan. He thought of Virginia's kisses and imagined that it was she who was beneath him now. Continuing to thrust into the young woman, he ignored her whimpered cries until the desire that Virginia had stirred in him was satisfied. He pulled out and stood, buttoning his breeches and gave Dolly a hard slap on the behind. "You were telling the truth. You were a virgin." He laughed harshly before telling her to be quick and wash the blood off his coverlet. He left her crying on his bed and whistled as he went back downstairs.

opels
opels
2,487 Followers
12