An Unexpected Reunion Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Han_cg
Han_cg
431 Followers

"So, Lexie, this is weird because Callie never lets me meet her girlfriends." The fork full of food I was about to put into my waiting mouth hovers for a moment before I rest it back on my plate.

"I'm not her girlfriend." I say quietly, as much as I want to be we hadn't had that conversation. And judging by the way she was now spluttering into her teacup she wasn't expecting that ambush and she doesn't seem to be in any rush to actually put it right.

"But you went out right? Last night and the way you two keep giving each other eyes says otherwise."

"I will kill you brat. Stop talking." Callie warned quietly before turning to me and offering me an apologetic smile. "Sorry about her, she lacks a brain to mouth filter."

I don't know why but I lost my appetite, pushing my plate away I look down at the table and nod "it's fine. Look I should probably get off, you'll want to leave soon." I dig some cash out of my purse and leave without another word.

Walking down the street I light a cigarette and take a long draw "Lexie wait!" I can hear Callie calling after me, I want to keep walking, to let her go and do what she needs to do. I also wanted to sulk in private.

"What is it Callie?" I flick my cigarette away and fold my arms across my chest.

"I could ask you the same thing, why did you walk out like that?"

I shrug my shoulders and avoid her gaze "I don't know what you're talking about." My eyes stay fixed to the ground, suddenly the concrete seemed extremely interesting. Callie said nothing else, I couldn't see what she was doing. It wasn't until I felt her fingers tuck under my chin and her free hand on my hip that I knew she had moved.

"I think you're lying to me..." her intense blue eyes gazed down into mine and I felt all the air rush out of me. Her touch always took my breath away and left me helpless against her.

"I... well... I... shit." I can't say anything, I just take her face between my hands and pull her lips to mine. Her mouth molds to mine quickly, she's rougher than she was last night. There's a hunger to the way she's kissing me. But it's short lived because she pulls away too soon leaving me breathless again.

"I think we need to have that conversation don't you?" I look up at her and for a second hate the fact that she's so composed whilst I'm stood in her arms a breathless, flushed and panting mess.

"Do I have zero effect on you? How can you be so composed after kissing me like that..." Her lip curls in a half smile as she lets go of my face and takes my hand to bring it to her chest where I can feel her heart pounding away at a rapid pace.

"Does that answer your question?" I nod silently and she smiles again.

"I won't hide the fact that I'm scared of commitment Lexie. I barely know you and the things you make me feel terrify me. But I know I want to be with you. I've never felt that before. I'm scared that it leaves me open to be hurt and hurt you in return. Because I will you know, probably not intentionally but I'll fuck up in some way or another and you'll end up hating me but I'm too selfish to not want to have you."

"Clarissa Jenkins are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I relish in the dopey grin that spreads across her features at my question and she nods eagerly.

"I might be Alexa Bates... What do you say?"

I ponder thoughtfully for a moment and giggle when she rolls her eyes at me "I could get down with that..." my sentence ends with a squeal when she envelops me with her arms and lifts me up to spin me in a circle.

She finally sets me down on my feet and looks at me with a dark, smoldering gaze that leaves me squeezing my thighs together "oh you are going to get some good loving later Ms. Bates."

I curl my hands in her collar and pull her close, running the length of my nose against hers "damn right I am Ms. Jenkins..."

I'm pulled out of my day dream by the arrival of the woman who has been preoccupying my thoughts all day. She greets me with a casual smile and it takes everything I have not to scowl at her.

"Be a diamond and bring me a cup of tea would you Alexa? And hold my calls until after lunch please, unless someone's dead or dying. I'm not interested." And just like that she breezes into her office not knowing what her simple, seemingly meaningless gesture has done to me. No, she's not going to lord it over me this morning. She's going to get a piece of my mind and she's going to listen and then she needs to make a choice.

May 2014 - Callie.

No sooner have I taken my coat off and loaded up my email when my door flies open and slams shut. Lexie marches across the room with meaning and stands in front of my desk with her arms folded across her chest.

"Is there something I can help you with Alexa or...?" I can't finish my sentence before she slams something down on my desk and points to it angrily.

"What the fuck is this?" She sounds annoyed, I look down at whatever it is she's pointing to and see the key I had cut for her to the front door of my house.

I arch an eyebrow and push my glasses so they're sat on top of my head "that, Ms. Osbourne... is a key. They're used for opening locks."

"Don't get cute Callie. Why would you give me a key if you didn't want to? And what was with that shitty little note you left?"

I look at her confused for a moment "I don't really understand what's upsetting you, the key? The note or me?"

"Right now it's a mixture of all three..." Ouch... that hurt.

"Talk to me Lex, I can't help or apologise or fix whatever the issue is if you don't communicate." I gesture to a chair in front of my desk and she reluctantly sits down and crosses her legs. I can't help but watch, her skirt hitches just a little bit and I smirk. Unfortunately it doesn't go unnoticed and she scowls at me and pulls her skirt down to cover her leg up.

"I just... What do you want from this Callie? You said everything... but I don't know. You've never asked me what I want... and I'm scared that if I tell you. You'll run a mile. Especially after what I did to you. And before you stop me or say anything I know you say you're over it and you forgive me and all the rest of it but..." I watch as she sighs and runs her hand through her hair.

I stand and walk around to sit next to her, taking her hand in mine I force her to look at me "what's wrong Lexie?" I brush her hair out of her face and tuck it behind her ears, I feel my body relax a little when she pushes her face into the palm of my hand.

"I want a future with you Callie. I want a family and a life and everything. So when I woke up this morning and go downstairs and find a key on the side I thought for a fleeting moment that it was some gesture that you were asking me to move in with you again. Because I would've said yes. But when I saw your note I was more than a little bit disappointed."

I stand up abruptly and lean against my desk, rubbing my forehead as I try and piece together what it is that she has a problem with. Because at the minute I'm coming up at a loss "let me get this straight, so I've asked you repeatedly to move in with me and you keep saying no. Now you're mad because I left you a key to my house, that by the way I would love to share with you, but didn't ask you to move in with me?" I can't help the small laugh that escapes my lips, I quickly cover my mouth with a hand and feign a cough. Clearly it didn't work.

She glares up at me and shakes her head "you know what..." she stands and begins walking towards the door "forget it." And with that she leaves me standing in the centre of the room alone and completely confused.

I'm barely alone for a second before the door opens and closes again and she throws herself into my arms and crushes her lips against my own. It takes me a second to respond before I'm holding her tightly to me and kissing her with the same eagerness.

She pulls back and smiles at me and my heart melts "so does this mean you're moving in?"

"Yeah, this means I'm moving in" I feel her reach behind me and she holds the key up in front of my face "I'll be needing this." She reaches up on tiptoes and kisses my nose gently.

"See you later loser." And just like that she glides away from me and leaves me feeling hot and bothered and incredibly turned on.

Lexie left the office before I did, she came in to say goodbye and left me with yet another kiss that set my pulse racing and left me squirming uncomfortably in my chair. That woman of mine is beguiling, frustrating and amazing all tied up nicely in one sexy package. As she informed me before she left she was going home, felt good to hear, to make me dinner. I don't think I've ever felt contentment like this, but, despite feeling all warm and fuzzy and dare I say it... in love? Again. I have this nagging thought in the back of mind that somethings going on in the background to try and bring my world crumbling down.

My car got towed early Sunday morning and the insurance company had a courtesy car delivered in the afternoon. The police seemed happy to let the case go as there was no evidence to suggest it had been done maliciously. But it all seems to coincidental, I gave them Torie's name they shrugged it off and weren't interesting in following it up any further. What are the odds that we come to blows that morning and then a matter of hours later my car gets trashed? I know it was her, I haven't said this to Lexie. I'm worried that if I do, she'll run for the hills blaming herself for bringing trouble to my doorstep and if I'm being honest I couldn't bear to lose her again.

So instead I've decided to keep it to myself and just focus on the woman who's finally agreed to live with me. At least having her close to me at home as well as at work means I can keep her safe if nothing else.

Seven o'clock came and went I was still slouched at my desk scanning my emails and typing at my keyboard furiously. Eventually I lean back in my chair and stretch out loudly, hoping that the back of my very expensive yet disappointingly uncomfortable desk chair would hit the knot of muscle that had formed in the top of my back. Stiff, sore and hungry I finally shut down my computer and collect my things to leave for the night.

The walk through the office and the drive home was uneventful to say the least. In London, despite what people think every hour is rush hour and you're never not going to find yourself stuck in traffic somewhere. But I finally make it home, and trudge up the steps slowly and put my key in the lock. When I walk in the doorway I'm hit with the smells of what can only be a home cooked meal, and despite myself tears actually spring to my eyes. For the first time in my adult life I'm actually coming home from a long day at work to dinner and a loving woman.

Walking into the kitchen leaves me speechless and my jaw hitting the floor, Lexie has her back to me, an apron tied around her waist but her bare buttocks on show to me. I drop my briefcase and throw my keys onto the counter and just stand and stare at the naked woman in my kitchen.

She clearly hears me because she turns around and gives me the sexiest smile I think I've ever seen in my life, her hands rest on her hips as they cock to the side and I feel as though I'm going to come there and then just from the look she's given me.

"I cooked dinner." She says nonchalantly gesturing around the kitchen.

In an attempt to stay calm I clear my throat and shrug my coat off and hang it over a kitchen chair, stepping towards her slowly I nod "I can see that."

"I'm also naked." She says again, gesturing to her body masked only by the small apron she has on.

"Again, another thing that has not escaped my notice Ms. Osbourne." I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her close and burying my nose in her hair. I feel her wrap her arms around my neck and I look down into her gorgeous dark green eyes and smile wickedly.

"Welcome home dear."

"What's for dinner? Is there a high chance of it burning? Or do I have time to enjoy my starting course first?" I run my knuckles down the length of Lexie's spine and feel her shiver against me, her fingers begin playing with the loose hairs at the back of my neck and I can feel the skin begin to tingle.

"Well, I can turn the oven down but it'll give you... I don't know. Twenty minutes?" I smile widely and turn the oven down, she looks at me knowingly and I feel the familiar build of anticipation in my stomach as I untie her apron string and lift it up over her neck.

"That's good." I toss the apron to the side and pull her to me, feeling her naked curves flush against my body. "Because I only need ten." A delightful giggle escapes her lips because I cover them with my own and push her back against the kitchen work surface, my hands pulling eagerly at my own clothes.

The remainder of the week feels busier than most, between work keeping me at the office late most evenings and helping Lexie move her stuff from her flat to my house it's a wonder I've had any time to sleep. By the time Saturday comes with the impending charity gala I'd promised Keith and his wife I'd go to, I'm more than a little tempted to call them and make my excuses to not attend.

But the promise of Lexie on my arm is more than enough to spur me into going. She's in the guest bedroom getting ready whilst I'm sat in front of my dresser putting the finishing touches to my hair and make-up. My dress is a simple black gown, with one strap that sits on my left shoulder, the way it hugs my breasts and waist to then flow out makes me look curvier than I actually am. Finished with black, open toed Louis Vuitton's with a gold heel and the famous red soles. I feel like I'm ready, my jewelry is simple, diamond tear drop earrings and a diamond necklace, both left to me by my mother. I look in the mirror and feel like I'm ready, picking up the small gift bag from my dresser I make the short journey to the guest room and knock quietly before popping my head around the door.

"Wow..." the only word I could fathom, because the woman stood in front of me was worth more than any words I could utter. Lexie looks radiant in a floor length silver satin halter neck gown. Her hair was pulled back to show off her long, elegant neck. She's wearing a pair of diamond stud earrings and her make-up is obvious yet subtle. Making her lips look plump, accentuating her wide eyes, making the dark green pools look deep and vast. My mouth went dry just at the sight of her.

"Are you going to stand gawking or shall we go? The car will be hear soon."

"Yes, of course. I er... I have something for you." I fumble with the gift bag and thrust it into her waiting hands, never has a woman left me feeling this nervous. But the way she's looking tonight, it's a wonder we'll make it out because right now... the only thing I want to do is...

"Callie... you didn't have to. This must have cost a fortune" she's handling the dainty necklace nervously, I smile shyly at her as I take a few steps to close the distance between us. I gesture with my finger for her to turn around and take the necklace off of her to clip it around her neck, my fingers brushing against her soft skin.

"I know, I wanted too. I saw it a few days ago and figured it'd go well without ever it was you chose to wear." She captures my hand in one of hers as she spins around to look at me, without saying anything else she reaches out and leaves a lingering kiss on my lips.

"Let's go before we never leave."

May - Lexie

Stepping out of the car and walking into the venue was like nothing I've ever experienced before, red carpets, waiters handing out glasses of champagne and checking peoples coats. I clutched onto Callie's arm for dear life as we made our way into the large white tent where I was stunned once again into silence. I've been to weddings where they have grand marquee's but this is like something out of the movies.

Large and white, it's situated in the centre of a large green. Tables and chairs elegantly decorated surround what I can only assume is a dance floor as directly behind it is a stage where a big band is playing with a singer crooning some jazz number. Lanterns hang from the ceiling and other guests are milling around the room talking to one another and making introductions.

"There's a lot of people Keith and I have done business with in the past here, other editors, people in the publishing world. I'll introduce you to some people who may be able to help you further your career." Callie's words bring me back to reality and I look over at her confused.

"What are you talking about?"

She smirks at me and kisses my forehead "just smile and nod babe. Come on, let's go find Keith and Barbara."

I'm led through the crowd by Callie, her hand never letting go of mine the entire time. Occasionally she'll bring me to a halt to introduce me to some person or another. I wasn't entirely paying attention. I was too busy suppressing the thrill I got every time she introduced me to someone as her girlfriend. Eventually we make it to our supposed destination when Callie taps an older gentleman on his shoulder and greets him with a tight embrace, he's nothing like I would've imagined him to be. Callie's told me all about Keith Lowry but I never expected him to resemble the man stood in front of me now.

Keith is tall and built like a rugby player, he's stocky but not fat, he has gentle dark brown eyes and a hair of black hair that's peppered with flecks of grey, his dark moustache reflects the grey in his hair and he's stood smiling at me fondly. "You must be Alexa, Clarissa's told me all about you." He extends his hand to me and I take it and shake firmly.

"Lexie please, and yes I am. It's so good to finally meet you." A woman I can only assume is his wife walks up and takes Callie's face in her hands, ignoring her husband and I. I have no idea how old she is but she looks fantastic for her age, her hair is a dark blonde colour cut short but she has a regal air to her. In a loose fitting blue gown she looks every inch the hostess as she regards Callie adoringly.

"You've lost weight Callie, are you eating enough?" I can hear Callie tut at the older woman and even though her eyes are obscured of my sight I'm pretty sure she rolled them pretty hard.

"Jesus, must we do this every time Barb? Yes I'm eating enough. No I haven't lost weight, you just like to fuss. Anyway, there's someone you should meet." Stepping back she pulls me close to her, her hand resting firmly on my waist "this is my girlfriend, Alexa. Lex, this is Barbara. Surrogate mother and full time worrier."

I hold my hand out to shake Barbara's but I'm surprised when she pulls me into a familiar embrace, when she lets go her hands stay on my shoulders as she regards me from arms-length "it's so good to finally put a face to the name" turning away from me she smiles at Callie "she's pretty pet. Too good for you I think." I can't help the giggle that escapes my mouth and Barbara winks at me as she lets me go, Callie's arm quickly finds its way back to my waist and she pulls me close.

"I know, but let's not keep reminding her. Where do you want us sat for dinner?" Callie's swift attempt at changing the subject doesn't go unnoticed when both Keith and Barbara roll their eyes at her blunt tone.

"Over there with us, come. They'll be getting ready to serve soon."

And so we sat, we ate, we drank and we chatted over the various courses. Keith is an astounding man, well esteemed and respect amongst his peers with and established publishing career. His with is charming, warm and witty, and the way the husband and wife interact and bounce off of one another is hilarious and endearing to see all at the same time.

The couple really do act like parents to Callie which is great to see, I met her father when we were younger and even though my dad was hardly Mr. Warmth her father was something else.

Han_cg
Han_cg
431 Followers