An Unexpected Reunion Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Han_cg
Han_cg
432 Followers

Callie and I had been together for about three weeks the first time I met her dad, I'd been to her house before that but he'd always been out. I assumed he was working but the truth was quite sad to see. Callie never told me explicitly that her father was a drunk, and an abusive drunk at that. We're on her sofa, she has me pinned beneath her, her hand is slowly making its way up my shirt and I have no intention of making her stop. The way her hand feels against my overheated skin is like nothing I've ever felt before, her lips are firmly on mine, her tongue teasing my own. I'm clawing at her back and my legs are wrapped tightly around her waist and I have no intention of asking her to slow down.

Her hand is just about to pop open the button on my jeans when the front door slams open causing her fly off of me "Callie?"

"Shit..." Callie's eyes go wide as she looks at me and then towards the living room door. "Lexie... I'm sorry" she begins to apologise and all I can do is watch her with a confused look as I run my fingers through my disheveled hair. "I'm in here dad, what's up?"

The living room door flies open, a red faced angry looking man stands in the doorway glaring at his daughter. He either doesn't see me sitting sheepishly on the sofa or he just ignores me "what have you done for dinner?" His speech is slurred as he talks to his daughter, this is the first time I've seen Callie look embarrassed. I instantly dislike the man, he's clearly had too much to drink.

"I haven't done anything dad because I've been working, I only got home a little while ago and I had someone over. I was going to order takeaway and get you something." Before I can think or stand or introduce myself her father moves into the room and stands directly in front of Callie, he towers over her. But despite his over powering stature she doesn't back down, she squares her shoulders and glares back up at her father.

I shift uncomfortably on the sofa, the tension between the two of them is palpable. I want to say something to break the awkward silence but part of me is glad that in this instance I'm invisible to the scene unfurling in front of me "where's your sister?" his tone is demanding as he continues to stare his daughter down, I want to interject. To ask him who the fuck he thinks he's talking too, but it isn't my place, so instead I just watch silently.

"You know full well where she is dad, she's with Nona, and you're more than fucking aware of why she's there."

Smack. His hand flies out and strikes her across the face with enough force to make her step back a few times. Before I can stop myself I'm off the sofa and by Callie's side, my hand comes to her waist whilst my other hand cups her cheek. She tries to push me away but I silently shake my head at her before turning my eyes on her father. His gaze meets mine for a moment and we just glare at each other in a charged silence and as quick as he arrived he left again and staggered up the stairs.

I cup both of Callie's cheeks in my hands and force her to look at me "is he always like that?" my voice is barely above a whisper as I ask her the question. I had my suspicions that she had a difficult home life but I hadn't pried, I knew that if she wanted to talk to me she would in her own time.

"Yes and no. He drinks, but he's only been violent in the last month or so. I'm sorry you had to see that" her eye turn away from me, sparkling with unshed tears, to see her look so unlike herself pulls at my heart.

"Hey... look at me Cal..." my thumbs are tracing soothing circles on her cheeks as she slowly but surely brings her bright blue eyes up to meet mine "you don't ever have to apologise to me. I love you for you... not your family. Get some stuff together you can stay at mine tonight, my parents aren't exactly aware that we're you know together but... umph" I'm cut off when she pushes her lips against mine briefly, there's no urgency to the way she kisses me, it's not passionate or breath taking, it's soothing almost.

"You just said you loved me..." were the first words out of her mouth when she finally pulled away from my lips and rested her forehead against mine. Butterflies flutter in my stomach and I nod slowly.

"Because I do... it's quite pathetic really..." I laugh dryly as she pulls back enough so she can meet my eyes with her own.

"Well you're lucky really... because I love you."

"We're hopeless aren't we?" I murmur, my heart beating a mile a minute in my chest.

"Completely. So I have an invitation to stay with you tonight? But your parents don't know we're together? I'm ok with that, I'll go get some shit together." I watch as she leaves the room and makes her way upstairs. My stomach was in knots as I stood in the hallway alone waiting for her to return, I'm terrified at the prospect of her meeting my bigoted father.

"Hey, space case..." I'm interrupted by the feeling of Callie's feeling intertwining in mine, squeezing my fingers with hers, I look at her and my heart swells when I see the way she's looking at me.

"Hey yourself..." I squeeze her hand and lean forward to brush my lips against her cheek, the woman sat next to me looks radiant. When she walked into the room earlier this evening it took me a moment to catch my breath again. The woman is a picture, black dress, perfect hair, incredible cleavage. It's a miracle I've been able to focus on anything else tonight.

"Dance with me?" The band had just began playing 'they can't take that away from me' and the dance floor had begun to fill with couples.

"Sure, lead the way." She pulls me to my feet and we walk together to where the other couples are dancing in time to the music, she places my hand on her right shoulder and holds my left firmly in hers, her free hand snakes around my waist and holds my by the small of my back, keeping me close to her.

Without a word she begins to move us around the dancefloor, her eyes never leaving my face. "I should've guessed you'd want to lead." I can feel the smirk on my face and a small giggle escapes my lips at the look that crosses her face.

"What can I say? I enjoy the control." My cheeks heat at the way her eyes smolder down at me.

"I've noticed..." before I can stop her she spins me out and pulls me back close to her, my body fits along the contours of hers as if it were made to. I can feel the warmth of her body seep through the material of both our dresses, she rests her cheek against mine as we continue to sway to the music together as the songs change goosebumps form over my skin as she sings the words of one particular song in my ear.

"... and then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I love you." I can't help but pull back and look up at her, she has a light dusting of pink colouring her cheeks and I grin at her. Resting a hand on her cheek I pull her lips down to mine and kiss her gently.

"I love you..." the smile that breaks across her face makes my knees feel slightly weak, she kisses me again and the way her lips move against mine are full of promise that make my want to squeeze my thighs together. Her tongue flicks against my lower lip and it takes every inch of will power I possess to stop from moaning out loud. I'm about to suggest we go home so I can take her out of that sexy little black number she has on when someone taps me on the shoulder, I take a glance up at Callie who's eyes are unreadable before turning around and seeing who it is that's interrupting us.

When I see my ex-girlfriend standing in front of me my blood runs a little cold, I want to slap the smug smile from her face when I feel Callie's hands curl around my wrist as if she can read my violent thoughts.

"What are you doing here Victoria? This is a private event." Callie's voice is cool as she speaks to Torie, who doesn't take her eyes off of me. There's something about the way her eyes are roaming over my body that makes me feel nauseous, where there used to be small spikes of excitement in the way she looked at me, now it just made me feel uncomfortable.

Torie's eyes don't move from gazing intently at me as she answers the woman standing behind me who's now holding onto me possessively. "I was invited, I'm Keith's financial advisor. You look nice Lexie." She pauses as she looks at me appreciatively again "you look really nice." I can feel Callie's hand rest on my hips and she pulls me close to her so that I can feel her breasts push against the top of my back, her groin makes contact with my arse and I have to bite my lip to suppress a moan. Even in the most awkward situations my body reacts to her touch of its accord, I have no control over it.

"Stop it Tor, we've been over this." I sound resigned as I speak to her, trying to make her see for what feels like the hundredth time.

"Just five minutes Lex, please?" Torie glared over my shoulder at Callie before looking at me with a softer expression. "You owe me that much at least?" I felt myself bristle in Callie's embrace.

"I don't think I owe you a damn thing after the way you behaved the last time we saw one another." I felt guilty when I saw her visibly wince at my words, it only lasts a second as I replay our previous interaction and that guilt is quickly replaced by a burning anger.

"I know, and I want to apologise for that. But..." She's cut off by Callie bringing her to the point.

"So you've apologized. Can we get back to enjoying our evening now?" I pull myself away from Callie and look up at her, she meets my eyes and almost pleads with me to leave with her. I look back at Torie for a moment and sigh loudly before turning back to the woman I love and shaking my head.

"I'll be five minutes love, I promise." I reach out and touch her cheek with my hand, she covers it with hers and turns her lips to press my palm. I need her to know she has nothing to worry about, that I love her and nothing Torie can say is going to change that.

After a moment she lets go of my hand and turns on her heel to walk away from me, the sight of her head hanging slightly makes my heart hurt and when I turn back to my ex that hurt is replaced with frustration as I cross my arms across my chest and tap my foot impatiently "get on with it then."

"Not here." Was all she said to me before she too, turned on her heel and walked away from me. I didn't want to follow her, but like the good girl I am I did as I was silently told and followed her until we were stood outside in the semi darkness on the edge of the green with the marquee behind us. The music was softer out here but you could still hear the notes being played as it carried across the darkness, the moon hung low and bright and if I were with anyone else it may have been quite a romantic setting. However, given my present company it was anything but. I feel tense, and frustrated. I don't know what she wants to say, we've barely spoken since we split up but she's right, despite her past behavior, I owe her five minutes.

"What is it Torie?" I ask quietly, my eyes are trained on her back as she looks out across the grass, her shoulders are tense and her head hangs low. I watch as her shoulders move up and down as she releases a loud audible sigh.

"When did you stop loving me Lexie? Was it before or after you started working for her?" She turns around and faces me, her face is unreadable as I try and predict how the next words I'm about to speak are going to make her react.

"Torie, you were kind, loving, generous. Everything I thought I needed when we were together and I cared for you deeply. But I didn't love you, not in the way you deserved. And I'm sorry for that, sorry I hurt you."

I watch as she runs her hands through her hair and takes a step towards me "I just don't get it Lexie, I thought we were good together?" I know the question is rhetorical but nevertheless I feel obliged to answer.

"On paper we probably were Tor, but I love Callie. I always have, it never went away. We didn't split up because I woke up one day and just fell out of love with her. Meeting you and being with you was never a mistake, but I'm not the one for you." I reach out and brush the tear away from her cheek.

Torie leans her face against my touch and closes her eyes "I still love you Lexie. I just... I think you gave up on us too quickly. If I could just have more time, we could be happy together. I could make you happy..." I shake my head at her and look at the floor beneath my feet, I begin to pull my hand away from her face but she holds it there firmly. Her grasp is so tight it almost hurts.

Looking up her eyes are fixed on my face and they flash with a silent rage "Torie, let go. You're hurting me." I try to pull away but her fingers squeeze tighter "please, just let go of my hand." She says nothing but before I can realise what's about to happen she closes the distance between us and smashes her lips against mine, my eyes widen as I register exactly what it is she's doing.

I try to pull away but her hand is still clasped over mine, forcing me to hold her face, her free hand is at the back of my neck, her fingertips pushing in at the skin there, forcing my lips to stay glued to hers. Her lips move fervently against my own and the sensation makes me feel sick, with my free hand I try to push her away to no avail.

Without much thought process I bring my hand back up and strike her cheek hard with the palm, thankfully this is enough to make her pull back and step away. "What the fuck were you thinking Torie?" I spat at her, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"I wasn't, I wanted to make you feel something... don't tell me you felt nothing then. I know you did, you had too." She takes a step towards me and reflectively I move backwards, my eyes narrow at her and I shake my head.

"I felt nothing. Stay the fuck away from me. Stay the fuck away from Callie. Leave us alone." I try to turn away but she grabs me by the wrist stopping me in my tracks. I look at her and feel the muscles in my jaw tighten as I grind my teeth together, I can only imagine the hostility I must've radiated in that moment because she drops my wrist as quickly as she grabbed and without any other words passing between us I turn and make my way quickly to the tent.

I ignore the throngs of people milling around and urgently move in the hopes of finding Callie quickly, I must look like a frantic mad woman. Dashing from one end of the marquee to the other. I searched the toilets, the bar, the dancefloor. But she isn't here. No, no, no, no. This cannot be happening tonight, tonight had started out so special. I told her I loved her and she just left at the first turn of trouble.

I'm hit with an overwhelming sense of loneliness as I sit at one of the tables that embraced the dancefloor. I'm fighting the need to sob, my head is in my hands as I try and gather my thoughts. She can only have gone home right? I should go after her and make her see sense. I'm so involved in my own thinking that when I feel a warm hand touch me on the arm I almost jump out of my skin. Looking up I see Barbara sitting in the chair looking at me thoughtfully.

"I'm not usually one to pry, but I get the feeling somethings wrong?" Her voice is warm as she reaches out and passes me a glass of water and a touches the corner of a napkin to the skin under my eyes. The gesture is so thoughtful and warm that I can't help but cry a little.

"Have you seen Callie?" My voice quavers when I say my lovers name and a slight sob wracks through my chest.

"She left about ten minutes ago dear, she looked... well she looked hurt. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Ugh, my ex is here. Victoria? She's Keith's financial advisor apparently. She wanted to talk. I agreed and then she... I don't want to go in to it. But now I can't find Callie... I need to go." I stand quickly, knocking the water over and making my way out of the room at break neck speed.

I don't know how I managed to find my way home, I walked the entire way. I don't know how long it took, but by the time I unlocked and stepped through the front door my feet felt as though they were bleeding into the overpriced heels on my feet. "Callie?" I call out for her tentatively as I throw my keys onto the cabinet in the hallway and walk through to the kitchen where she's stood nursing a tumbler of whisky. "Why did you leave like that?"

"I saw you you know. The two of you out there, kissing. You look good together." Her eyes stay fixed on the glass in her hand, my heart breaks at the hurt so evident in her voice. I long to hold her but I know if I go there now she will push me away and I don't think I can handle that kind of rejection.

"Callie, it wasn't how it looked I promise." She scoffs at my words and knocks back the liquor in the glass before turning to pour herself a refill.

"Do you realise how cliché you sound right now Lexie? Don't fucking lie to me." She's glaring at me know, her blue eyes full of hurt and anger. I shake my head at her and take a step forwards.

"I love you."

"Don't, don't fucking lie to me Alexa." Those words cut through me like a knife, my own anger swelled up inside of me and I launched my mobile phone at the wall to the right of me.

"Will you at least fucking listen to what actually happened before jumping to conclusions?" I'm shouting at her and she visibly recoils from me before brushing past me into the living room where she sits on the edge of the sofa with her head in her hands.

Wordlessly I follow her in and sit in the chair across from her, my hands are shaking, my head pounds and I try as best I can to find the words to speak "she kissed me." I hold my hand up to stop her from interrupting me "I slapped her when she wouldn't stop. Not once did I reciprocate. The way her mouth felt on mine made me feel sick, it wasn't right because it wasn't you. She wants me back, she made no secret of that. But..." I pause for a moment as I watch her carefully "I don't want her. I want you, it's always been you."

The silence that looms between us is almost as terrible as her shouting at me "why should I believe you Lexie? I mean, this... this has made me realise that you could just leave again. It's like I'm waiting for it all the time but I just push it back and push it back. But I don't think I can ignore it anymore."

"Callie, I'm going nowhere. You have to believe me, it won't happen again. I'm here with you for good. I love you. Baby please?" I hate this distance between us, so I make the decision to drop to my knees and shuffle over so I'm knelt in front of her. I cup her face in my hands and force her to look at me "look at me Callie, you have to see I'm being serious. You are the only woman I will ever love. I never wanted to leave back then, to check out the way I did is unforgivable but say the word and I will spend the rest of my life making you see that everything I am, everything I have is yours, please?" I can feel my tears leave a burning trail down my cheeks as I pour myself out to her. I want her to see that I'm being serious, to make her see that my heart beats for her and only for her. But her eyes are so cold, so distant and I can feel her slipping from my grasp. "Cal, what do I have to do to make you see that I love you and I'm not leaving this time?"

She stays silent for a long time, her eyes searching mine. I watch as they conveyed emotion after emotion as she watches me watch her. I don't know how long I knelt on the floor in front of her with her face in my hands but by the time she spoke again my knees had begun to grow sore and tired. And then she finally spoke, the words she uttered made my heart stop and my mouth go dry. "Marry me?"

August 2006 - Callie

I'd become a frequent visitor at the Bates's since Lexie had been an unfortunate witness to the sperm donor I have the misfortune of calling "dad" Lana had come home accompanied by Nona, who was staying with her and dad until she could find a house for the two of them. Dad didn't seem to mind, in fact he was hardly ever there anymore. I spent time with Lexie away from the house for two reasons, Lana was insufferable. As much as I adore my younger sister she just won't let the fact that me, the serial slut, has gone and fallen in love. Secondly, my Nona doesn't know I'm gay. I think she'd be ok with it, but the family's very catholic and I love her so much I couldn't bear the thought of her disowning me.

Han_cg
Han_cg
432 Followers