An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
auguy86
auguy86
1,173 Followers

The officer shook Mike's hand and bid the trio goodnight before helping Stephen up to sit on a nearby chair. As Mike rejoined the girls, Darcy was clearly shaken from the experience, rubbing her temples as Melody comforted her.

"It's getting late, and we've had too much excitement for one night. We should probably head home," Mike advised.

Melody nodded in agreement. "I've gotta be honest, I don't think you or Darcy are in any state of mind to drive safely right now. I think we should let her crash on the couch tonight, and we'll bring her back to get her car in the morning. What do you think?"

Before Darcy could even attempt a protest, Mike replied, "Done. Just let me go talk to the manager to make sure they won't tow her car. He goes to my church, so it should be just fine."

After a quick chat with Jim, the manager on duty, Mike confirmed that Darcy's car would be safe for the night. Mike held the door open for the girls as they walked to the parking lot, Melody's arm around Darcy's shoulder the whole time. Reaching Mike's CR-V, Melody hopped into the driver's seat while Mike opened the passenger door for Darcy. Momentarily considering telling him to ride in the front, the look in his eyes told her she had no chance. With a stubborn, yet grateful sigh, she climbed into the front passenger seat, Mike sliding into the seat behind her.

As Melody drove them home, Darcy was clearly beating herself up for the entire situation. "I should never have gotten back together with him," she moaned quietly.

"It's not your fault," Melody assured her. "None of this is."

Shaking her head, Darcy continued, "I knew he had a temper. I had already broken up with him once for it, but I was stupid and believed his lies. I let him back into my life. I mean, if he had hurt Mike..."

"Darcy, hush," came Mike's voice from the back seat. "All you did was try to see the good in him. He made his choices," he said, gently rubbing her shoulders from behind. "He chose to show you who he really was, rather than let you help him become better than that. He chose to assault Melody. He chose to push you. He chose. Not you. What Melody said was right: You deserve a great guy. Better than he is capable of being. Now, you have the chance to look for that guy. You owe it to yourself to find him."

Nodding in agreement, Melody chimed in, "And we'll help you. However you need us, we're here for you."

The rest of the ride home was quiet, but Darcy seemed slightly more relaxed and at peace after their conversation.

"Can I get you anything? Something to drink? A snack?" Mike asked Darcy as they entered his apartment.

"No thanks," she replied wearily. "I really just need a good night's sleep."

Mike fetched a couple of spare pillows while Melody pulled a large throw blanket from a basket beside the sofa. Mike set up her bed for the night; the blanket itself was large enough to double as sheets and covers. As the couple turned towards their bedroom, Darcy suddenly grabbed both of them in a hug, sobbing and crying on their shoulders.

"I'm sorry... I just don't know how I could fuck up so badly," Darcy managed to say between her tears. "Mike," she said, looking up, "Thank you for what you did. I'm scared shitless at the thought of what he might've done tonight. And Melody, thank you for sticking by my side the whole time, for comforting me, and... and promising to be there moving forward. And... I'm sorry. I should have been the one comforting you. He assaulted you, not me, but here I am weeping like a little girl and..."

Pressing her finger to Darcy's lips, Melody smiled and replied, "No apologies."

Without a word, the couple squeezed Darcy tightly until her tears had ceded, then wished her a restful sleep before closing the door to their bedroom. As they stripped and got ready for bed, Mike switched on his bedroom TV, finding NCIS for background noise. Relaxing in bed, the couple simply cuddled wordlessly for thirty minutes or so before one of them spoke.

"I don't suppose the big strong man wants some hero sex tonight?" Melody asked playfully.

Mike shook his head slowly. "It's honestly the furthest thing from my mind right now," he replied regretfully. "I'm worried about Darcy. How's she doing?"

Closing her eyes momentarily, Melody said, "Not well. She's asleep, but she's having a bad nightmare about Stephen. She's afraid of him now that she knows what he's really all about."

Mike nodded. "From blind love to blind fear." Thinking for a minute, Mike asked, "Since she can't control her dreams, I'd like to help her. Are you able to do that?"

"It would need to be sexual in some way for me to be able to, though it may already be heading in that direction, and not in a good way. If her dream continues the way it is progressing, she will watch helplessly as he rapes me, before he turns to rape her as well," Melody responded.

Thinking momentarily, Mike asked, "Would having her prevent him from raping you be sexual enough for your powers?"

Again closing her eyes for at least a full minute, she finally replied, "Just barely. And I must say, I approve. Such a dream is exactly the confidence boost she needs."

Mike kissed her sweetly, saying, "You really are the best. Let's do it."

Tingle. Flash. "Done."

Smiling, Mike switched off the lights and TV, taking Melody in his arms as they drifted off into a much-needed sleep.

*****

Gotta get out... got to get out!

Everywhere Darcy turned, there he was; the same menacing look on his face. A look of hate, and of anger. Pure, unabated rage. She felt trapped, like a rat in a maze. There were hallways every which way, but none of them went to where she needed. She needed to get away from him, but he was everywhere.

No escape... no escape...

She reached a long, straight hallway. No sign of him anywhere. Suddenly, a faint light shone ahead of her. She sprinted towards it; it had to be a way out. She ran faster than she ever had in her life, panting and breathing heavily. She didn't care. She had to get out.

As she reached the light, it pulsed as if a star had exploded, blinding her momentarily. Opening her eyes slowly, there he was. It was Stephen. They were back on the dance floor, but the restaurant was empty. Looking around, she was horrified at what she saw: Mike, lying bloody and bruised on the ground, was moaning and struggling to breathe. Looking back at Stephen, he now had his hand at Melody's throat, his knuckles coated with Mike's blood. As he choked her, he reached his hand to Melody's shorts, trying to rip them off of her as she struggled against him. He slapped her with his right hand, still strangling her with his left, and tore her shorts and panties off in one motion, laughing with anticipation as he did so. As he unzipped his fly, Darcy began to feel helpless, until something finally snapped within the recesses of her mind.

No. No. No, no, no, not this time. I will not be a damsel in distress. I will not watch idly as he causes pain. This ends now.

Rushing up to him, Darcy grabbed his wrist and ripped his arm from Melody's throat with all her might. As he struggled against her grip, Darcy was surprised at her own strength; she was managing to control him enough for Melody to be able to run. His eyes turned to meet hers, his rage piercing her very soul.

"Sorry, bitch. I'm trading up. Guess that means you're no longer necessary."

She should have been terrified. She should have wanted to run. But she heard Mike's labored breaths. She heard Melody's frantic footsteps as she ran to his side. They needed her, and she refused to let them down.

Just as Stephen began to draw back his off hand to strike her, practically foaming at the mouth, Darcy focused her fingers, pressuring and twisting his left wrist to put him into an arm lock. He swung at her, but his effort was futile; the pain she was causing him made it impossible for him to get a clear shot. Continuing to twist his arm behind his back, she held him until he began to cry, begging for mercy.

"Please! Please, no more! I'll never do it again, I promise!" he screamed.

"You fucking bastard," she sneered. "I'm not falling for that. You have fooled me for the last time."

Delivering a swift kick to his balls, Darcy dropped Stephen to his knees. Keeping her hand on his shoulder so he didn't slump over, she casually sauntered around to his front. He now whimpered and sniveled like the pathetic child Darcy could finally see him for.

"You can lie, you can cheat, and you can hate me and my friends with everything you've got. But you will NEVER hurt them! And you won't control me ever again..."

Picking up a nearby baseball bat, Darcy drew back to swing. She seethed with anger and righteous fury. She knew she had to protect her friends. She knew she had to protect herself. Just as she was about to drive the bat into his head, time froze and the scene faded to white...

Waking up with a slight gasp, Darcy looked around. She was in Mike's apartment. Rubbing her eyes and laying back on the sofa, she was surprised how at ease she suddenly felt. Despite the intensity of the dream she had just had, she felt better than she had all day. A small smile gradually spread across her lips.

"I'm going to be just fine," she said quietly to herself, brimming with confidence.

As she reached for the blanket to go back to sleep, her phone buzzed on the coffee table. It was a text message from Stephen.

Babe, I'm really sorry. I was drunk. That wasn't the real me tonight. I promise I'll make it up to you; just don't give up on me. Please.

She laughed to herself, finally seeing through all of his bullshit. It all made sense to her now. His texts were always well written with proper grammar. It made him sound more mature than he actually was. Everything about him was a lie. Her response was simple, but pointed.

Fuck off. If you ever contact me or my friends again, I'm calling the police on your sorry ass. Peace out, bastard.

Deleting his name and blocking his number on her phone, she relaxed on the sofa, exceedingly proud of herself. One last thought drifted through her mind before she fell back asleep with a smile on her face.

I wonder how much a Taser and pepper spray costs?

auguy86
auguy86
1,173 Followers