And on the Seventh Day God Rested

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Farmers_Son
Farmers_Son
1,793 Followers

His only reasoning was that she believed she was doing a humanitarian thing making a lonely man's last days better and more fulfilled. She was probably justifying her betrayal of their vows with that thought, that she was helping a man in his last hours. How was she to know that he was playing her for a fool?

He supposed that the lack of love in their recent relationship was a defense mechanism of Charley's. She probably felt that having sex with two men during the same time period was somehow wrong and Ron's needs were more immediate than Bobby's.

Bobby's thoughts went round and round. He would start to justify his wife's infidelity and lean toward forgiveness but then realize that she had betrayed them all, Bobby, herself and the kids when she decided to fuck a stranger for whatever reason. He would then become alternately depressed and angry. He was also feeling impotent. What could he say to her that would make her feel at all guilty? If she had mentally justified her actions, anything he said would be immediately rejected as selfish and self serving.

Bobby thought about talking to their pastor. He decided against it as their pastor had sermonized many times on the need for forgiveness of every slight or sin and would probably side with Charley.

No, finally it came down to the need to prove to Charley that this Ron guy was a fraud. The lesson she needed to learn was one of skepticism. She needed to learn to question before jumping into a relationship, even one without sexual connotations.

Could Robby forgive and accept her back fully into their relationship? Would Charley even want forgiveness?

Robby's head felt like it was going to split open. He hated the idea of sleeping aids or alcohol to solve his problems but right now he would make a deal with the devil himself if all of this would go away and he could go back to this morning when he was absolutely clueless about Charley's lying and cuckholding.

He dropped his head on the desk and fell asleep from mental exhaustion.

Chapter 2

Robby woke still tired. His dreams were vivid and each one dealt with betrayal. There was no good ending to any dream. One even had his own children laughing at his naiveté is letting his wife have an affair. In some he had killed Charley before finding that she was innocent of any affair. In others he was powerless to move while Ron and Charley fucked right in front of him, laughing at him the whole time.

Most mornings Ron still woke with at least a semi-erection. This wasn't one of them. Actually he wondered if he would ever become sexually excited again. He even wondered if there was something wrong with him and that made Charley ready to fuck some douchebag.

What was abundantly apparent was that he couldn't focus on any other problem. He couldn't find the energy to think about work, his children, his future with or without Charley, or anything except the fact that his wife had betrayed them both.

He wasn't hungry but made himself get up and go to the bathroom and splash a little water on his face. The visage in the mirror made him think he had aged 15 years in the past 24 hours. He needed a shave but couldn't get the energy to perform the task. He needed a shower but with the same lack of initiative he was doomed to sit in his own stench another day.

He went to the kitchen and chewed a piece of bread. He couldn't even get up the gumption to toast it or top it with butter and jelly. After washing it down with a glass of water he left the house. Charley was already gone to work as she had to be there by 6:00 a.m. His despair became deeper as he realized she had not even attempted to get him to go to bed or even put a blanket over him last night.

Maybe she was done with them and this was just the overt aspect of the demise of their marriage. Hopefully she would be honest between now and their anniversary. He couldn't think of a better example of hypocrisy of celebrating 25 years of married bliss while fucking someone not her husband.

That reminded him of her present. He would have to get it commissioned immediately if it was to be finished in time.

Finally he forced himself to go for a long walk before meeting Troy and Spence at the pub.

When he was finally too tired to walk anymore he stopped and took stock of his location. He shook his head in amazement. He had been too preoccupied with his thoughts to even consider where he was going but now he realized that he was in the vicinity of Ron's apartment. He realized then that he still didn't know the bastard's last name. Here he was contemplating mayhem, disfigurement, and even murder of this asshole and he didn't even know his last name. He shook his head again. Where was the old Bobby? He had never wanted to hurt someone in his life until today. Now he wanted to watch Ron get his ass beat so badly that he would never try his seduction game on another woman. He wanted him to pay for each and every husband or boyfriend he had cuckholded. He didn't give a damn about the women involved. They deserved whatever their significant others handed out to them, even Charley.

He turned his feet toward the pub and the meeting with his friends. As he came into the pub he could see Troy and Spence sitting together with a couple of other men. One of them turned his head before Bobby could signal his presence and he saw that Ron was with them. He immediately turned and left the pub. He couldn't contemplate being civil with his wife's lover at any time, let alone this early after discovery of the betrayal. He hoped that Troy and Spence would get some critical information from the bastard.

Bobby instead caught a cab and went to the jobsite. He tried to immerse himself in his paperwork but was too easily distracted. Finally he turned on the desktop radio to a country station and let the songs about betrayal and hurt help him overcome some of his own blue feeling. Now he could concentrate a little better and was able to get some work done.

A couple of productive hours passed before he looked up and realized the time. A quick call to Troy to let him know that he had seen Ron and that was the reason that he had not met with them also gleaned the knowledge that Ron had left the pub just a few minutes before but it seemed that he was meeting a different woman today.

Bobby mentally shook his head with this news. He ruefully wondered if Charley would be upset to know that her lover was cheating on her with another woman or maybe even a number of women. That could be a fight to see, get all of Ron's lovers and significant others in the same room at the same time and let the bomb go off. That thought alone made a plan start to formulize. He needed a lot of information.

Bobby headed off to his house via cab again. He arrived a few minutes before Charley returned home from work. His appearance caused Charley to be a little concerned. She made clucking noises about letting himself go and that he needed a shower and a shave. She even gave him a little hell about sleeping in the office the previous night.

Bobby couldn't stop himself. "Why do you care now? You didn't seem too concerned this morning about where I slept. You didn't try to wake me or even tell me goodbye before going to work. As far as I know, you didn't even go to work. You may have been dreaming about someone else and then decided to do something about it."

He paused to let her respond but she didn't. "As for sleeping in the office, maybe you liked having the bed all to yourself. You haven't been all that affectionate these past few months when I have been in the same bed as you. I might as well sleep somewhere else for all the loving you show me."

He turned and went straight to the office and shut the door and made sure she heard him lock it. He stopped to contemplate the expression on her face as he turned away. Shocked was the least look on her face. Was there also surprise and guilt? If she had self-justified her actions would she even feel guilt?

He shrugged and sat at the computer. He quickly composed an email to Troy and Spence both and sent it off. He stopped and thought about it for a moment before clearing all of his emails and even his browser history. If Charley started to suspect that he knew about her affair she would check his computer to find out how much he knew. He needed to set up a dummy e-mail address and use his tablet as the only way to check it. He immediately did so. Since he had never hardly used his tablet since getting it for Christmas he hoped that Charley would overlook it and just check his desktop and phone.

After setting up the new account he emailed both friends about what he was going to do. He also outlined the plan that should come to fruition about the time for the anniversary celebration. They wholeheartedly agreed. They e-mailed back that the bastard's last name was Reynolds and that he was a low level manager at a local mail order house. Spence's friend was willing to break a few laws to help get the goods on Ron Reynolds esq. With the new plan even more information was needed and they hoped to find it in Ron's apartment. Skuzzy sleazebag that he was, they figured he had documentation about all of the women he had bedded since starting his cancer seduction.

Bobby also emailed his children and let them know a few more people were going to be invited to the celebration. He didn't elaborate but asked them if they needed a larger venue. After emailing them he also erased any record of the communication. The anniversary celebration was a surprise from the kids to Charley. Unfortunately for them it wasn't going to go as they had planned.

Now Bobby had to dissemble in front of his wife. He knew he couldn't fake loving expressions so he decided to make it seem the cancer affecting his friend was the blame.

He opened the office door just as Charley was going to knock. There were tear streaks down her face. Bobby had to harden his heart a little. He was not going to give into any feelings of sympathy right now but he was going to mend a fence or two.

He lightly grasped his wife by the shoulders and kept her at arm's length. "Look, Charley, I am sorry about popping off at you a while ago. It wasn't called for. I guess finding out a close friend is dying has just knocked me for a loop. I think I am a little depressed about her diagnosis and I have let it interfere with our life together. I know you have to work every third weekend and this was the normally scheduled time but you have been working so much extra that I completely forgot your normal rotation. I trust you and know you are working hard. I guess I just miss our time together. It seems that we are not in sync with each other right now and I don't want that to continue."

Charley gulped a couple of times. Bobby wondered if she was about to confess but decided against it. Oh well, it wouldn't matter in the long run. Finally she gave him a half smile. "I guess you must be right but this all came out of the blue at me. Yesterday morning when I left for work you were fine and so broken up last night. After you went to the office I went upstairs to wait for you but I must have fallen asleep waiting. You might have gotten lucky but I guess you missed the opportunity for me to show you how much I love you."

She paused to see how he took the news that he had caused them to miss the chance to have sex. He kept his face neutral. He didn't believe for a minute that she had been intending to have sex with him unless it was a pity fuck at the news of his friend's diagnosis. She was too under Ron's spell.

She proceeded with her explanation of this morning's lack of affection. "When I woke I was running late and had to get ready quickly. I did look in the office and saw you slumped over the desk. I quickly checked to see if you were breathing and I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw you were okay. The room seemed warm enough that you didn't need a blanket. I left you then hoping that you would get up soon and then go to bed. Did you do that?"

He shook his head. "I ate a piece of bread and then went for a walk. Finally I decided to go into work and get some paperwork caught up. I may need to take some time off in the next few weeks so I can sit with my friend before she passes on."

Charley quickly caught the second gender inference. "Wait, you said 'she', who might this be?"

Bobby had to suppress his smile. "Oh, a woman from the main office that I have known for years. Do you remember Beverly Jean? I think she may have had a crush on me at some time but now she is alone and dying. She came and asked if I could be her power of attorney during this last short time and I agreed."

Charley barely remembered a Beverly Jean who worked at the construction company. If her memory was correct Beverly Jean was a very good looking woman with the reputation of being a predator of men.

"Is this sudden diagnosis for real? She isn't trying to seduce you into her bed is she?"

Bobby laughed out loud at her comments. How two faced could a person get? She was cheating with a bastard who claimed to be dying and she was almost accusing Bobby of doing the same thing. He almost wished he knew someone who was dying and get her to help put Charley in her proper place.

"No, Dear, she isn't trying to seduce me. As a matter of fact, her libido is completely gone due to the chemotherapy and radiation. She is also so weak that she barely gets soup down. I have to help her to eat sometimes."

Maybe Charley would get a clue from his description of treatment of a cancer. Then again, she was already fucking Ron so she probably was too late to question how he could achieve and sustain an erection while dying.

Bobby let Charley go and then went to the kitchen and started to prepare a sandwich for himself. He kept talking about cancer and dying while doing so and seemed to accidently forget to fix a sandwich for his loving wife. In all actuality he was ignoring her basic needs. He then sat down at the table and started to eat all the while still talking about chemotherapy and radiation and the need for daily and sometimes weekly treatments. All of this information he had gotten off the internet last night just to make Charley believe he really had a friend in need.

When he was about halfway done with his sandwich Charley finally stopped him and asked if he had made her a sandwich. He tried to sound contrite and slowly rose up and ate a few more bites before making her a simple ham sandwich, just ham and bread, no dressings of any sort, and placing it before her. He continued to blabber on about how hard chemotherapy was on the body and how radiation made your hair fall out. This was something that apparently Ron knew nothing about as his head was covered with thick hair.

When Bobby was done he policed his side of the table and quickly dealt with the plate, utensils, and glass and left Charley sitting at the table with a half eaten sandwich. He told her he was going to get a shower and try to look a little less depressed as he headed off to the bathroom without even trying to excuse himself.

He didn't see the total look of astonishment on his wife's face as she realized that he had just completely disrespected her in how he made his quick supper, didn't make her anything until called on it, made a grossly simple sandwich when normally they have more elaborate sandwiches, and then left the table without even a 'by your leave' comment.

Somewhere deep down inside she knew that she didn't have a leg to stand on if she called him on it but she couldn't figure out why he would act this way. Surely it couldn't be because of her recent indiscretions as he had no knowledge of them.

She was still sitting at the table with the remnants of her sandwich in front of her when he came out of the guest bathroom 20 minutes later. He was freshly showered and had shaved under his chin but he still had a 2 day growth of beard that had been carefully trimmed.

She couldn't hold back. She had always been disdainful of bearded men. "Why didn't you shave that clear off, Bobby?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, maybe I just want to shake things up a little. I can't grow hair on my head anymore so maybe I should let my beard grow a little. It might just make me believe I have a little more testosterone on board than I have."

"Does Beverly Jean like men with beards? Is that why you are growing one even though you know I hate beards?"

Bobby laughed. "I don't know or care if Beverly Jean likes beards. I didn't shave for the last few days because I was too depressed and just decided while cleaning up that it might be a different look for me. I can always get rid of it at any time. As far as whether you hate it or not, you haven't been attentive to me enough recently to matter. I have been patient but with some recent revelations I have decided that I have to see after myself first, then family."

"What do you mean 'recent revelations'? Do you mean the cancer diagnosis of Beverly Jean's?"

"That, amongst others, has led me to believe that our lives are not necessarily as secure as I believed. Everything that seems fine today may be not fine tomorrow. Things that we believe to be sacrosanct are just mere words on paper that have no real meaning anymore. The trust that we have in others is merely a smoke screen and leads to pain and betrayal." Bob had to stop before he let Charley know that he knew everything she was doing behind his back. Better to let her stew for a while.

Charley pressed the issue though. "What do you mean when you say trust is fleeting?"

"I guess I mean that I can't trust anyone anymore. Someone close to me as betrayed my trust and I can no longer put faith in that person to do what is best for me or our relationship."

Charley obviously felt it was someone at Bobby's work place that had disappointed Bobby. "What can you do about this person? Do you fire him or her?"

Bobby gave out a snort of derision. "If only it was that easy. No, I have to very seriously consider how our relationship is going to be going forward. The only thing that is known is that I cannot trust this person any more. Everything this person says or does will be suspect."

"Will you have to leave the company? If so, then what will you do? I know we planned on retiring early but can we retire now?"

Bobby just shook his head and turned away. She was so clueless. He couldn't believe that Charley was not able to see that she was the one he had no trust in anymore. She had to some kind of actress to be able to act as though she was still in love with him while, at the same time, fucking that douche bag Ron Reynolds. Maybe she had some kind of split personality. One that didn't know what the other was doing.

The rest of the evening was without any more drama. It seemed as though both had declared a truce. The only discord occurred when they were getting into bed. Bobby got ready as usual and then laid on his side of the bed with his back to Charley. He really wasn't in the mood for any pillow talk. Charley, though, apparently felt differently.

She came to bed in a sheer pajama, one that Bobby had never seen before. She crawled into her side of the bed and immediately spooned her husband. She whispered in his ear that it had been way too long since they had played around in bed. Of course, she forgot that her coldness in bed had been the cause of the dry spell.

In literature the man always would roll over and have a grudge fuck and prove his manhood. This, though, was real life and Bobby had not had any kind of sexual thought since his whole world had imploded. His normally ever ready cock was so limp and shriveled that he had to fumble around to get a hold of it so he could direct his piss stream. He had even considered sitting to pee while he was so depressed. Pissing all over the floor would not have made him feel any better.

Farmers_Son
Farmers_Son
1,793 Followers