Andena the Rebel Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literoticaยฎ experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was only when she threw up so violently that he realised just how badly affected she was. Her stomach was her weak point. Whenever something wasn't right, her stomach played up. But this time, there was something else: something that he was unable to put his finger on. She was hiding something from him, but he would probably never find out. He had gone too far, and he was sure their relationship had ended. He knew she would never forgive him. Now he had lost two women that he liked.

He could blame the alien flower but knew that his behaviour was to blame. He sighed as he distractedly massaged his neck in a desperate attempt to alleviate the throbbing pain in his head. A light knock on the door interrupted his reverie. Believing it to be his head of security, he shouted a little gruffly, "Go away. Let me be."

The soft melodic voice replied, "As head of security I need you to let me take a look at your eye, Lunn."

"It's nothing, just a little cut."

Lunn loved Alice's soft voice: conceding that her voice was the primary reason she had secured her job. However, her seven foot height body and her masculine build came in a close second. She had already entered the office, when she said, "You think it's nothing but the state of your shirt says the opposite and I think that I should have a look."

Lunn felt her large and strong hands on his shoulders pulling him softly away from his desk. She slowly reclined the chair, and Lunn was able to look straight into her eyes. She looked concerned, and there was more than a hint of compassion in her eyes as she asked, "Why did you decide to have a fight?"

"I didn't."

She briefly stopped her ministrations and slowly raised her eyebrows, "That was not what I've heard. When I got the message to pick you up from The Haggert, I knew you were in trouble. Now lie still, this will sting a little."

Lunn snorted, "The guy who sent you the message had knocked me out cold."

"Did he now? I bet you provoked him," she chided softly.

The cold cloth on his open wound stung, but was also refreshing, "Hmm, I don't know why he reacted so strongly to what I said."

"Who was it?"

Lunn opened his eye and asked surprised, "Haruz. He didn't tell you?"

Again Alice held still for a brief moment, and she clicked her tongue before she answered, "He sent me an anonymous text message. So I checked your quarters and after that, I tapped into the grid."

"What did you see on the grid?"

"You were leaving The Haggert so I assumed you were fine."

There was a silence while Alice was cleaning the last bit of blood from his face. She suddenly asked, "Do you know why he was so emotional?"

"Emotional?"

She chuckled softly, before she retorted, "Men don't just punch you in the face for nothing."

Lunn sighed again deeply and moaned, "I don't know Alice. All I know is that I have fucked up big time."

Alice slowly moved the chair up again, and as she handed him a glass of water, she ordered, "Here, drink this."

As he drunk the water, he looked at her blue-grey eyes and was pleased to see that he could trust her. He felt a pang of anger rising again. What had happened to Danette? Why was she so indifferent to the fact that Andena was missing? Why was she so extremely annoyed with him?

Why was she so jealous?

They had an open relationship where sex with other partners was tolerated. He still couldn't believe that Danette was so upset about it all. She was certainly short-tempered, but he loved to play with her fickleness.

Lunn was startled out of his thoughts when Alice asked, "Can you get up?"

He grumbled, "Of course I can. I'm not that drunk anymore."

He heard her stifle a giggle and her voice sounded joyful, "All right then! Get up, big boy, off to bed. You need to sleep off the alcohol."

It took him more effort to climb out of the chair than he had anticipated and he was grateful when Alice kept him steady as he stood. Still dizzy he walked, accompanied by Alice, to his bedroom.

When he saw his bed he knew that he was going to have difficulty sleeping, and he asked somewhat meekly, "Can I ask you for a favour?"

She stopped walking and hesitantly replied, "It depends on what you want."

He knew that she thought he wanted to have sex, but he was too whacked to even think about that and answered, "I would like you to listen to my story and perhaps even give me some advice."

Alice queried, "Why here in the bedroom?"

He had to chuckle inwardly: his reputation was seriously returning to bite him on the backside. However, his voice was calm as he replied, "Because I'm too tired to sit in a chair."

He flopped down on his bed, and as he lay down with a soft moan, he patted his hand to indicate that Alice should sit down too. "Please sit down. I won't bite."

She slowly sat down and stared at him for a few seconds and then reminded him, "I'm listening."


12