Andena the Rebel Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alice was tracing her finger around her empty coffee cup as she said softly, "There are, but it can wait until you have finished your coffee."

Lunn sensed a small change in Alice's mood as if she was less relaxed. He asked himself whether he fully appreciated the extra attention that she was giving him. Her attitude towards him had clearly changed since their sexual encounter. Then it struck him: Alice had always been attentive but because of Danette she had kept her distance. He was wondering if that had changed and queried, "How did you know so quickly about Lily and me?"

"She is my sister."

He thought she'd answered too quickly, and he shot back, "Your sister? I don't believe that."

He looked into her eyes which were just a little wider when she confided, "She is, same mother but a different father."

He recalled how Lily had looked up to Alice, and he realised she was her protector. Lunn stared into her eyes and said, "I bet you have helped her out several times."

Alice nodded slowly and retorted, "In the beginning, yes, but it wasn't long before everyone knew that I was her sister because I kept those assholes alive so they could spread the word."

He realised that Lily knew him because of her which made him wonder why she had come on to him.

He was amazed when Alice said, "I guess you're wondering why Lily did it?"

"Yes."

He noticed a slight hesitation before she said one word, "Danette."

He slumped back stunned that it was widespread knowledge that Danette had dumped him. He whispered, "I can't believe it."

He saw that Alice was looking him straight in the eye when she asked tentatively, "Uhm, were you planning to....?"

Lunn cut in straight away hoping she would get his intention and said firmly, "No!"

"Oh."

There was an awkward silence, and Lunn felt the urge rising to explain the situation in The Haggert. He cleared his throat and continued, "I had challenged her that I would go home alone."

Alice's laugh was one of genuine relief, and she said with a broad smile, "Just as well I came to rescue you."

Lunn didn't know what to think about it all. He liked Alice but knowing what the financier had said he needed to get the headquarters up and running as soon as possible. After that, there would be plenty of time to figure out what he wanted. As he finished the last sip of his coffee, he got up and said eagerly, "Let's go to the headquarters. You can tell me what the problem is while we're on our way."

He looked into her eyes as she got up as well and he was pleased that her face had relaxed into a lazy smile. He reckoned she was okay with the situation they were in and was pleasantly surprised when she replied with a warm almost sultry voice, "Sounds like a perfect plan."


12