Angel, Angel Burning Bright

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Several hours later, Bida sat nervously reading her mother's journal trying desperately to concentrate on the words. Finally she heard Samael's voice calling her, she rushed outside to greet him, but he wasn't there. Puzzled she stood outside a moment longer before spotting him trudging towards her with a heavy pack on his back.

"What on earth do you have in that pack?", she called to Samael, "What took you so long? I missed you." Her cheeks flamed as she realized what she had just said. Samael rushed up to her, grabbed her round her waist, and spun her around while holding her close.

"You missed me, did you?" he rasped in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Gently he set her back on her feet, "Let's go inside, I have something for you."

Reluctantly, Bida stepped away from him clearly disappointed to break contact with his warm firm body. Once they were inside, Samael took Bida's hand and gently guided her to a chair by the fire.

"Close your eyes," his voice barely audible. Obediently Bida not only squeezed her eyes shut tightly but covered them with her delicate hands. Samael wave a hand in front of her face to satisfy himself that she had done as he asked. He stood there staring at her beauty in the firelight, totally captivated. Her lips were moist and slightly parted, the fire reflected off her skin a soft golden color, while the light danced in her hair making it shimmer with a thousand shades of red. He watched her lips slowly open and heard her voice with it's soft melody.

"Samael, are you going to give me something or just stare at me all night?" her voice rang with gentle laughter. Samael shook his head and knelt to rummage through his pack. He pulled out a bundle of red cloth, a small clear bottle, and a smallish bundle of plain coarse cloth. Carefully he shook out the dress, held it up in front of Bida's seated form, and excitedly he said, "Bida, open your eyes."

Slowly she opened her eyes.

"Oh, Samael," she cried breathlessly," It is beautiful!" She had never before seen a dress that matched the color of her hair so perfectly. She started to rise to hug him when Samael gently place a hand on her shoulder and pushed her back down in her seat.

"What's wrong?" Bida asked concerned that she had offended him in some way.

Samael laughed, a deep rumbling laugh, "Silly girl, nothing is wrong I just have more to give you." Bida's eyes grew round as saucers when he held out the delicate glass bottle.

"What is this? It is simply gorgeous." Bida held the bottle gingerly as if she were afraid she would break it.

Samael's eyes twinkled with laughter as he reached over, took the top off the bottle, and raised it to her nose. Bida closed her eyes and breathed deeply the delicate smell that was coming from the bottle. It was familiar somehow, intensely familiar, a memory half forgotten, buried under years of pain and loneliness. It was her mother's perfume, but how, her mother had always made her own. Her eyes flew open and she stared at Samael long and hard.

"Where did you buy this? " she demanded her voice thick with emotions.

Samael looked at her closely then calmly said, "In Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, you know the little village we just left? At the market...where I got the dress. Why?"

"It is... was my mother's perfume." her voice falling flat as she put her mother in the past tense. "No one in the village would know the combination of flowers and herbs, I don't even know it."

Samael shrugged "When I smelled it I thought of you. I am sorry if I unsettled you. "

Bida shook her head her eyes brimming with tears, "I just never expected to smell that again." She wiped her hand under either eye, and sniffled. "I am sorry, Thank you." she said her voice muffled.

Samael looked at the last thing he had pulled from the pack, and tried to decide whether he should give it to her or not. Finally he placed the coarse little bundle on her lap. Carefully she unwrapped the coarse burlap before gasping in awe at its contents. Laying against the scratchy fabric in her lap, were the two most beautiful hair combs she had ever seen. She held one up and stared at in quiet amazement. It was tortoiseshell and carved with the most intricate design she had ever seen. The longer she looked the more things she saw in the delicate carvings, there was a rose and a funny little star with a circle around it, there even looked like there was a long skinny snake-like dragon circling everything. Her eyes started to cross and she closed them and rubbed them. When she opened them again all she could see was a delicate design, there were no other images. She carefully placed them on the floor next to her chair before launching herself at Samael in a fierce embrace. Lightly he squeezed her back as she tightened her embrace. His mouth was right next to her ear as he whispered, "Go try them on for me?"

She loosened her grip on him and scurried to her room with the dress and the combs. Quickly she stripped out of her plain dress and slipped into the scarlet one. It fit her like a glove, hugging her ample chest skimming her stomach and flowing over her hips, the neckline plunged daringly low revealing the creamy tops of her pert globes and the entirety of the top was off her shoulders showing her graceful neck and shoulders. She carefully started to groom her thick mane before gently twisting back two thick ropes of hair and securing them with the delicate combs. Shyly she pushed open her door and stepped out, Samael was gazing in to the fire when he turned and stared at her. She could feel his eyes travel over her body, hungrily taking in every inch of her. Samael visibly trembled and exhaled shakily.

"Bida, you are the most beautiful vision I have ever seen in all of creation." his voice was tight with desire.

Bida looked to the floor and her cheeks bloomed with a rose flush. Silently with quick long strides Samael crossed the room, and drew Bida close to him. Her breath became shallow and sharp; Samael gently cupped her chin between his thumb and forefinger and tilted her face up to his. She closed her eyes and parted her lips, hoping in he heart that he would finally kiss her.

"Bida," his rich voice invaded her ears, "open your eyes."

Slowly she fluttered her eyes open, "Samael", she began her voice choked with lust, "please, Samael." A look of anguish crossed his face as he shook his head.

"Not yet, Bida," his smooth voice strained," There is still so much that you... do not remember; don't know...that you just can't see. In time my darling, you will see everything, you will know, you will remember, then we can be together the way we are meant to be. I will have no falsehoods, no regrets between us." Samael's shoulders sank as if the weight of the world rested on them, he sighed, a heart wrenching sound, and he stepped back from Bida, examining her face with intense scrutiny. Nodding to himself, he broke into a grin that reminded Bida of a wolf's lolling smile. Confused by his sudden shift in attitude and troubled, puzzled by his words, Bida slowly began to back away further from Samael. Laughter erupted from Samael, a warm rich sound, and suddenly he bowed deeply before Bida.

"I promise I won't hurt you, I would never hurt you. But my dearest Bida, you are so beautiful that I must humbly request a dance." he rose from the bow with eyes twinkling.

Bida wrinkled her nose and quirked her sensual mouth, before cautiously opening it. " Samael...are you feeling alright? Are you hearing things? There is no music to dance to."

Samael could barely contain his amusement "Bida, music is all around us, everything has a rhythm, everywhere there is a song! Just open your soul to it and close your eyes, you will hear. Truly hear for the first time in many years."

"Oh really? Well, oh wise one, tell me then how do you open your soul, to use your lovely words." Bida's words had a slightly acidic edge to them.

Samael shook his head, "I suppose when you put childhood aside, you forget how to do the simplest things. Here let me help you remember." He closed the distance between them effortlessly and covered her eyes with his large callused palms. "Now forget everything...let your mind go blank. Cast off all your worries and cares." A deafening silence filled the room and Samael lowered his hands to Bida's waist, pulling her close as he wrapped an arm around her waist. Bida's face held a look of rapture as she heard the first strains of the most ethereal music she had ever heard. Samael studied her face memorizing the way it lit up with joy when she realized she could hear the music. Slowly they began to sway together to the airy music. Bida brought her arms up around Samael's neck, her hands playing in the silky inky mass of curls, her fingers twisting a single perfect curl around them. They started to dance around the room, the music building in tempo, faster and faster they went. Suddenly Bida heard Samael's velvet voice whispering in her ear, "Open your eyes my dearest."

Bida opened her eyes slowly and winced as a brilliant golden light pervaded her senses. As her eyes adjusted she looked around her and saw several couples dancing as closely entwined as she and Samael were. The men were all tall, taller than any other men she had ever seen, and they were all breathtakingly handsome, though to her biased eye Samael was more handsome than anyone in the room. Their hair was every shade of blond, brown, and red. Their skin dazzling with a gleam of gold no matter what the tone. Everyone was spinning and twirling dancing not only with their partners but with every other couple on the dance floor. As Samael whirled and twirled her about, Bida felt free. Not since before the death of her parents had she felt so free. Samael spun her out as the unearthly music reached a crescendo, her hair flew around her and she threw back her head as a laugh of pure joy fell from her lips. Samael stared at how amazingly beautiful Bida looked in the golden light with her hair streaming in every direction from her face like rays from the sun, the color catching the light and reflecting it in varying shades of red. Her lips gleamed and he could see the candy pink of her tongue. She looked so free, so open, so perfect.

She woke the next morning in her bed wearing an old nightgown with modest cuffs and collar. Her head felt funny and she was thoroughly confused. The last thing she could remember was Samael twirling her around in a room. A golden light filled room with other couples and they were all dancing. The music was ethereal, high-toned and fast paced, constantly rising to a higher speed and a higher note before crashing to a sensual low drum. Sighing, she shook her head. "Bida, it was just a dream, that's all." she chided herself. She rose from bed and peeked into the other room, sneaking a glance at Samael sprawled on his stomach in front of the fireplace. She just studied him wanting to remember every detail of his visage. She loved the way his mouth curved slightly in his sleep, the masculine line of his back, the way his hair fell in soft cascades like an inky waterfall over his shoulders and neck. Oddly he had a blanket over him that Bida had never seen. It looked soft a pitch black with gilded edging through out it, the longer Bida looked at it, it seemed to separate, almost as if it were made out of feathers. Bida shook her head and giggled to herself, "Feathers? Silly girl it is just a blanket, he probably bought it at the market in Fontaine-de-Vaucluse yesterday."

When she glanced back over where Samael lay, he was gone. Bida opened her door curious as to where he disappeared. She slowly surveyed the room, eyes passing over her meager furniture, searching for the magnificent man that had lain in front of the dying embers only moments before. "Where in all the hells did he go?" she said under her breath.

She stepped out of her room to try to get a better view of the room. Suddenly someone grabbed her from behind and lifted her off her feet. She tensed visibly before realizing it was Samael's muscular arms holding her against his broad chest. Bida relaxed into him, "Mmm, this feels nice, Samael. Did you sleep well? "

Samael set Bida down and spun her around to face him, his eyes searched her face, "Bida how long were you spying on me?" His face was unreadable and his voice controlled and flat. "What did you see? Why were you spying on me?"

Bida's features flashed with confusion, "I wasn't spying on you! In case you forgot this is my house, I was just looking at you. I didn't want to wake you up if you were still asleep. And why were you still asleep? You are always up before I am." Bida returned his hard gaze.

"Bida, I am entitled to sleep just like anyone else and I do know that this is your house, but the fact remains, you were spying on me. It wasn't about you not wanting to wake me, you were watching me sleep...that is spying. Why Bida? " Samael's voice was tired.

"I wasn't..." Bida began.

"Never mind," Samael interrupted throwing his hands, "Obviously this is getting us nowhere." He leaned over her and whispered hoarsely in her ear a few words in some language Bida couldn't place.

Bida's eyes fluttered open and she gasped in alarm. "What am I doing in here and in my night gown? Samael?" Her eyes betrayed how startled she felt. Desperately she sought out Samael before realizing that she was safely ensconced in his strong arms, held tightly against his firm chest. Bida's cheeks started to color subtly as she noticed that Samael wasn't wearing a shirt and she was only wearing a nightdress.

"Samael?" Bida's voice barely above a whisper.

"Hmmm, yes Bida?" She felt his voice rumble deep in his chest. Shivers went down her spin leaving goose bumps everywhere. He looked down at her, loving how innocent she looked, reveling in the feeling of her body against his.

"Samael, how did I get here?" she sounded thoroughly puzzled.

His eyes sparkled with amusement "Well my dear, first your mother and father met and fell in love, then..."

"I meant out here in your arms! I know about how babies are created," Bida shook her head, pursing her lips, trying to look dismayed at what he had almost said.

Samael couldn't contain his amusement and against his best attempts at restraint, laughed as he set her on the chair in front of the fireplace. Bida's eyes flashed fiery anger and narrowed as she watched Samael laugh at her.

"Well if you are quite done would you mind answering my question?" her voice pure ice dripping with venom.

Samael wiped away the tears with the back of one golden brown hand running the other through his tousled hair trying desperately to regain his composure. He dissolved into another laughing fit. Gasping for air, Samael doubled over before finally regaining some semblance of composure. As he inhaled a deep breath to throw off the residual amusement, Bida glared at Samael with daggers in her clear green eyes.

"Why does it seem I am a constant source of amusement for you? You act as if I am some sort of imbecile half the time and the rest of it you are staring at me like you are going to attack me. Never mind how I got out here I am going to my room." Bida turned and stormed from the room. Slamming the door to her room, Bida collapsed in tears on the floor against her door. 'Why does he always act like that? Why does he act like he cares one minute and laugh at me the next?' Bida's thoughts were making her head hurt and sobs shook her body.

There was a gentle knocking on her door. "Go away," Bida cried into her arms.

Samael was insistent. "Bida", he gently coaxed, "My dearest, please open the door. I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but you were just so cute with your chin stuck out and your eyes so full of fire. I don't think you are an imbecile at all. You are one of the most intelligent people I have ever known, you know more than even you let yourself be aware of. I... I...oh never mind, please open the door, I want to see your face when I talk to you. There are important things I need to tell you and I refuse to do it till you open this door." She could hear him tapping his foot on the other side of the door.

"Go do your work, the animals need to be feed and I am sure you have more important things to do than tapping your foot on the other side of my door." Bida called through the door.

"I am warning you, Bida. You are trying my patience, open the blasted door before I tear it off its hinges." Samael sounded angrier than Bida had ever heard him.

Trembling Bida rose to her feet and backed away from her door towards her bed, she called to him "Samael, you are scaring me. Please just go away." Bida's eyes widened as she heard wood cracking from the other side of the door. Samael came into view as he threw the now useless door behind him. Bida tried to back away, but fell onto the unmade bed. Lightning fast, Samael was standing over her with a predatory gleam in his eye.

"Now, " as he leaned over her, bringing his face close to hers, "are you going to listen to me?" Before either of them knew what they were doing, their lips met in a tentative kiss. Bida pulled her head back and stared deep into the abyss of Samael's. His eyes were clouded with lust, burning with unnatural fire, turned from a deep brown to burnished bronze. She gasped when he wrapped his hands roughly in her hair and pulled her mouth back to his kissing her fiercely. His teeth grazed her lips as he sought to taste her sweet mouth. Running his tongue over her lips, she slowly parted them and tasted him for the first time. Samael's grip on her hair tightened as he crushed her mouth against his in a feral kiss. Nipping and exploring each other's mouths they got more passionate. Bida broke off the kiss shaking, burning with desire, and inhaled as deeply as she could desperate for air. Samael's' hair created a veil around both of them as it fell over his trembling shoulders. His mouth was just as swollen as Bida's from the ferocity of their first kiss, licking his lips he could still taste her. He brought his mouth down to plunder her again she nipped his lips. As Bida swirled her tongue around his, she taste a slight coppery flavor tingeing his spicy masculine taste. She moaned softly into his mouth as one of his hands tugged her hair and the other franticly attempted to undo the buttons on her nightgown. Jolts of pleasure came from her body as the fabric of the nightgown brushed against her tender flesh. Quivering she tentatively reached up to caress Samael's cheek. It was hot and rough with the beginnings of a beard, her other hand snaked around his neck, twisting and twirling curls around her delicate fingers. Bida arched her body up into Samael's, pulling his head closer and kissing harder. Samael grabbed her shoulders and forced her down into the bed. Roughly, he grabbed the front of her nightgown in both hands and tore it open down the front. Hungrily he gazed at the exposed creamy skin, his teeth grazed her shoulder leaving an angry red welt. Samael's hands lightly ran over Bida's soft stomach, watching the goose bumps raise on her sensitive skin, he slowly caressed her sensitive buds before lowering his mouth to suckle lightly. Bida flushed a light pink, undulated under Samael's gentle ministrations to her untried body and whimpered softly in pleasure. The more Bida whimpered and writhed, the harder Samael sucked and swirled his tongue, nipping teasingly until Bida's whimpers grew to moans that were filled with desperation for release from the sweet agony that Samael had been building. Her body was burning with desire, aching for his touch, every nerve in her body had been set aflame by Samael's skillful mouth. Slowly, Samael started to work his way across her chest, kissing softly in the sweet valley between her creamy mounds; his fingers quickly replaced the spot his tongue had left unattended. Suddenly he squeezed her sensitive flesh, rolling it between his fingers eliciting a low throaty moan from Bida. She squeezed her thighs together, and arched up, holding Samael's face between her cool hands; she guided his face back to hers and slowly explored his mouth with hers. The kiss deepened, growing sweeter by the moment, conveying all the tenderness they felt for each other. Samael gathered Bida in his arms and rained kisses down on every inch of her face and shoulders. Bida's finger gently traced the curve of Samael's neck before kissing everywhere her finger had touched. Gently, Bida nipped and sucked on the tender spot right above his collarbone, before nibbling along his collarbone, Samael shivered as Bida's soft mouth worked on his shoulder. She worked her way to his earlobe, tenderly playing with his nerve-ridden lobe. Samael moaned deep in his throat and scratched drawing thin lines of crimson to mar the perfect cream skin of Bida's back. One delicate hand caressed his rough cheek as the other drifted down across his chest before resting on his stomach playing with the swirl of hair that led lower. She could feel his muscles contract under her fingers as she started to kiss down his neck to his chest; her lips gently massaged and lit fire to the cool bronze silk of his skin. Softly she swirled her tongue over his small dark nipples, feeling them hardened into little pebbles. Samael hissed through his teeth at the overwhelming sensation of Bida's mouth. Her hands slid down the firm ripples of his stomach, toying with his tuft or dark hair before letting her hands drop to his cloth covered thigh. As she ran a finger over one strong thigh, Samael tensed.

123456...8