Angel Discovered Ch. 02

Story Info
Angel and Jack continue their adventure.
12.3k words
4.67
16.2k
8

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/14/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2: The Rescue

***

Author's Note: This is fantasy based on Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack Sparrow, Keira Knightley's character, Elizabeth Swann, and Orlando Bloom's character, Will Turner from the film *Pirates of the Caribbean.* It contains a tiny spoiler for the sequel, 2006's *Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.* Any discrepancies, I'm fully at fault for.

Also, there are references to Gabrielle-Angelique de Bourbon. About 90% of her character is fiction, the product of my own mind. Some of the information is true and can be found through a simple Internet search.

If you are a French history scholar or a *PoTC* fan with more knowledge than me, please excuse my artistic license.

***

I felt myself being lifted and my eyes sprung open. I looked up to see Jack carrying me towards his nest in the trees and instantly smiled. "Good mor..." was all I could manage to say before he covered my mouth with his.

He kissed me until we got into the trees. After he laid me down on the hammock, he moved his lips from mine but kept his face scant inches from mine. His eyes were stormy and alert. I knew somehing was wrong. In all the years I had imagined this moment, I had not anticipated this cold reception. I started to ask what was wrong, but again Jack cut me off with a low hiss.

"Angel... there's someone else on the island. I heard men shouting on the beach. Get dressed while I go and see who's down there," Jack began, his voice barely audible. "And, Angel. Please stay here."

I nodded and began to slip into the clothes puddled on the floor where they were dropped the night before. Jack slid an arm around me and pulled me close as soon as he had pulled on his own clothes. "Don't worry. I'm sure it's just some privateers docking to repair some damage. In which case, it might be wise for us to get a ride off of this island so I can locate my old crew," he paused and looked at the floor, "And you might want to consider tavelling with them to find your fiance."

My face colored and I looked away. Jack let me go and he slipped through the dense trees. Moments later I heard shouting from the direction of the beach we'd just slept on. It came first in French from several men, then in English in only one voice. I heard Jack identify himself as a lost crewman from a wrecked ship. I heard another reply in English and more French voices shouting, but no more from Jack. Soon, I grew worried as the shouts grew further away. I tightened the sash on my belt, then fastened my hair into a strip of leather I'd found on the floor. Confident that I wouldn't be immediately recognized as a woman, I crept out of the trees towards the bright beach.

This was my first look at the sunlit Caribbean. The sand was so white, it looked like powdered sugar. The bark of the palm trees along the tree-line were sunwashed white, but the fronds where as green as a bottle of Charteuse. The water was as clear and as bright blue as the Blue Diamond of the Crown. It was against this backdrop that I saw twelve men wearing white breeches, white and green coats, and black gaiters. I knew them at once as members of the French Navy. One man wore no uniform, instead a gold and black coat and matching breeches. He carried a small tricorn, and his curly wig sat studiously atop his head. He was red-faced and obviously unused to such activity. I knew him at one to be my fiance, Bernard de La Valette, duc d'Epernon. He was shaking a fist up at Jack, who was being held by two of the uniformed men.

Even as I drew close to the scene, no one took notice of me. I heard Bernard shouting at him in heavily accented English. Jack did not look concerned, even as the smaller man's finger shook closer to his face. Finally, Bernard jumped back and pulled a shortsword from his side. The tip flutered the open collar of Jack's linen shirt and I gasped. A few of the uniformed men noticed me and one shouted for me to identify myself in French. I stood to my full height, glad that I'd thought to bring Jack's cutlass and had strapped his havy pistol to my back. The fist gentleman's shouts aroused the attentions of the rest and soon Bernard was marching toward me with Jack being pushed along as well. The look on Jack's face was stormy and I knew it was meant for me.

I raised the sword in both hands. It felt unweidly, but I did not quaver. "Set this man free!" I shouted in my own accented English.

Bernard laughed. "Oh, pirate, I see you have a mere boy doing your rescuing."

I held the sword in one hand and unfastened my hair with the other. Once it was flowing freely and I saw that I had Bernard's attention, I said once more, "Set him free!"

He laughed harder, his pink face quickly turning scarlet, "A pirate's whore is no better to me."

"Set him free by command of the Mademoiselle de Verneuil!"

This sobered Bernard and made Jack look even more perplexed. "Gabrielle? Is it really you?" Bernard asked, dumbfounded. Before I could speak, he answered his own question, "Oh, darling, my bright morning, how could I have not known you? Of course you are she!" He exectuted a courtly bow that only made me appreciate Jack's earlier mockery even more.

"Set him free then. This man is my rescuer. You should thank him," I continued. I lowered the cutlass and silently pleaded with Jack to forgive me.

"Yes. Set him free then," Bernard commanded, striding towards me. He removed his coat at wrapped it around me. I knew that the sight of my bare ankles and feet, not to mention the outline of my legs, had offended his sense of propriety. He took my by the arm, a little more roughly than a man usually does by a lady, and half pulled, half walked me to one of the dinghys waiting on the shore. Ahead I saw a small ship floating, it's white sails furled. My spirits flagged as I looked back at Jack. He nodded curtly at me and turned back to his nest among the trees as I was being bundled onto the boat. I didn't hear a word of what went on around me and feared I'd never be the same again.

***

"What are you telling me, Gabrielle? That you whored yourself to that filthy pirate but will not do the same for me?" Bernard's rage filled the grand cabin. Jack's island was long lost through the large windows at the stern. I looked through them now and did not speak a word.

Since I had been taken from the island, a dress and the appropriate underthings had been found for me in Bernard's own luggage. He'd said he'd bought them for me before departing from France so that I'd have a present waiting. I'd bathed in a large copper tub in lukewarm water and groomed my hair into submission. I'd tied the stays of my corset myself since I had no maids, so they weren't tight. However, the whalebone ridges bit my flesh all the more for having not worn one for nearly a week. The dress was exquisite. The skirt was three tiered white and gold cotton and lace. The mantua was of blue silk. A red silk and lace wrapper served to cover my sun browned arms. Though I would have loved it five days ago, my newfound freedom from heavy garments and layers of lingerie made it feel like a prison.

"Gabrielle!" Bernard snapped at me. When I did not answer, he grasped my right wrist tightly. I cried out more from shock than any pain. He'd never touched me without invitation before. "You are being most impertinent," he said calmly. The look in his eyes was a dead one. I feared it more than I feared the loud rage.

He turned me towards the windows and grasped me about my narrow waist. He bent me over a desk so my legs were pinned from kicking. "Is that what you want, Gabrielle? To be a pirates wench? Do you prefer the course ministrations of a murderer to your own fiance?"

I said no more. I would not cry out. My humiliation was complete without the whole crew having to witness my rape. Bernard held fast with one arm and slid another into the bodice of the gown. I felt his round sausage like fingers scrape one nipple under my corset and chemise. I silently cursed myself for not having made it tighter. I shuddered with revulsion.

He mistook my shiver for pleasure because he whispered into my ear, "So this is what you like? To be taken by force. Well, force you shall have."

He backed away from me for which I was grateful, but still held me with one arm. I knew he was unbuttoning his breeches because I heard a labored breath and a rustle of fabric. I would not cry out lest this excited him even more. Despite my resolve, I felt tears slipping over my lower lids and down my cheeks. I spotted Jack's pistol on a table across the room just as a shadow slid over the stern windows. I looked up to see Jack looking though the glass. I smiled for the first time since I woke that morning and he pressed his finger to his lips. He climbed higher and disappeared.

I discerned from Bernard's grunt of satisfaction that he'd freed himself from his breeches. When he let me go to lift my skirts, I turned.

"No, Bernard. I don't want it like this. I want to see your face." He stood slackjawed at my apparent change of heart, so I steered him to my former place, with his back facing the windows. I would not look below his belt because I knew whatever I saw there would make me vomit, so I moved in for a kiss. Before I actually had to put my lips on his, Jack crashed boots-first through the grand windows. Shards of glass and wood from the panes flew in all directions and Bernard turned to see my pirate standing calmly in his sleeping quarters.

"Hasn't your gentlemanly breeding taught you the impropriety of seeing an unmarried lady alone?" Jack asked, calmly brushing debris from his sleeves.

Bernard recovered quickly and grabbed my arms and pulled me roughly against him. At once I was grateful for the protective layers of skirt around my legs and waist. "Oh, pirate, you've come for your slut? Too bad, I've bought and paid for her already."

"No amount of money or power can overcome a limp standard. Or, an unwilling mistress, for that matter." Jack scoffed, his lazy speech effectively cold and indifferent at the same time.

Bernard pulled me toward the door and opened it to yell in French to a cabin boy to bring the master-at-arms. "We have my fiancee's rapist in custody... and I'm sure he's guilty of any number of other offences."

Jack snorted laughter and leveled a look at Bernard over my shoulder. "I find it entertaining that you call me a rapist when you're the man with his third leg hanging out of his breeches and holding a lady captive, savvy?"

I looked at Jack and smiled at his comprehension of the French while Bernard growled an unintelligable retort past my ear before Jack proceeded, "And, I must remark, for a man so sure of his sexual prowess, you certainly fear that you fiancee would rather go with a pirate than a man of wealth, such as yourself."

Bernard sputtered and his hold my arms slackened. "Of course Gabrielle will choose me," he replied.

Jack held my gaze and simply grinned.

Bernard let my arms go enough to button his breeches as the master-at-arms appeared in the doorway. I took that moment to turn to face him. I let my hands slide down his side until I held both his attention and his shortsword in my hand.

"Gabrielle... you choose me?" he asked, his voice so incredulous, I had to force down a laugh. I pulled the sword from it's scabbard and aimed it directly at his now-concealed manhood. "No," I replied.

I backed into Jack and Jack leaned forward to reclaim his pistol. "I choose the pirate," I finished.

With our weapons trained on Bernard and the master-at-arms, Jack helped me out of the broken window to the ledge. He climbed over and joined me. He gathered me against him and grasped the rope. "Please, gentlemen, remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!"

With that we slid down into a waiting dinghy and we set immediately for a ship heading right for us. Above us, there were shouts in French not to shoot at us. Jack pulled hard on the oars while fastening his gaze on me. "Mercy from the French? Unheard of."

"I assume he doesn't want to be directly responsible for my death," I murmured, grateful for the too-easy escape.

I nodded, "And the ship? She's certaintly not The Black Pearl ." The ship in question was smalled than The Diligence , Bernard's ship, but she looked new. I could see from the dinghy that her sails had never been patched and her oaken sides shone against the brilliant blue sky and ocean.

"No, she's not," Jack answered, looking back at the vessel, "She's The Agility , the fastest ship I'd ever sailed, aside from The Pearl ."

"Where did she come from?" I asked, then thought twice, "Or shouldn't I ask?"

"I'm not sure myself, luv. It was pure providence that I came upon her. It seems my own crew procured her after I, er... after they abandoned The Pearl to that monster," he grimaced as we came about to the ship. "Just be prepared. Some of my crew are elated at my reemergence... and some are not."

With that, a shaggy head appeard over the starboard side, "Cap'n Jack! We was afeared you might not return!" The man reached down to me as Jack handed me up. Once I was standing on the main deck, I was dazzled by the luxury I saw about me. Even through the salt and brine coating on some of the woodwork, the deck and bulwarks shone with fine carving. Though I am no expert, I knew that noone had given The Agility up without a fight.

Despite the richness of the surroundings, the crew was as varied a bunch as the spare possessions in Jack's nest on the island. They formed a line behind the bearded man and watched me warily. I'm pretty sure the bearded man crossed himself and murmured something about "Damnable women," but I couldn't be sure. At the end of the line stood two young men. One was tall... as tall as Jack, but much leaner. The other was a head shorter and very slight. They were both extrordinarily fine of feature. The one nearest me bowed his head to look at the floorboards.

Jack swung up onto the the deck behind me and made a quick introduction. The shaggy man was Jack's first mate, Gibbs. A taller man with a parrot on his shoulder was Cotton (I was later told that his parrot spoke on his behalf and answered to Cotton as well... and indeed the parrot had chirped "Lady bird" at me when I nodded to them). A very short man with a bald head was named Marty. Two shabby looking fellows (one had a wildly rolling left eye!) were introduced as Ragetti and Pintel. There were a few other men in the line, but Jack either didn't know them or didn't feel the need to introduce them.

Jack gesture to the young men nearest me, "And these two are not really a part of the crew but, er... sort of friends," at a glare from the taller boy, Jack ammended his statements, "More acquaintances, really. The angry looking chap is Will Turner and beside him is his fiancee, Miss Elizabeth Swann."

The one introduced as Miss Swann looked up, her face a mask of barely controlled rage. I saw a tense muscle work in her cheek as she glared at Jack first, then at me. I was surprised to see that she was a woman, but shocked at her beauty. I had missed it based solely on her clothing. I held back a smile over the scene from this morning, and simply dipped my head to her as I had at the rest.

"And, this is Angelique. She'll be aboard with us for the duration," Jack began before levelling an even gaze at Miss Swann, "Miss Swann, would you please assist Angel to my cabin?"

Before she could speak the anger I saw flash across her eyes, I held up my hand to Jack, "Please, Jack, I'd just like to remove this dreadful contraption," I gestured to my dress, "and lay down for a few moments. I'm perfectly capable of doing both on my own."

A slow grin split his face, "Well, in that case, Angel, let me show you to your quarters." He took my arm before I could protest and propelled me towards the stern. I knew my face had darkened to several shades of crimson at his bold display, but I said nothing. I was glad to be alone with him for a while longer. "Gibbs, please, we should probably make a heading for St. Thomas," Jack threw over his shoulder.

"Aye, aye, Captain. You 'eard 'im lads! To yer tasks!" Gibbs shouted and a bustle of activity burst from the somber group as though the past few minutes had never happened. I turned back to see Elizabeth lay her hand on Will's sleeve, only to see him shake it off and ascend the stairs to the forecastle.

Jack led me into a large room, much like the one he'd just rescued me from. This one, however, looked untouched. The linens were undisturbed and there were no clothes scattered about. "Didn't Gibbs sleep here during the voyage?"

"Oh no. Gibbs is as hardened as any hearty. He prefers the gun deck and a hammock. This kind of luxury wouldn't suit him," Jack tossed back a ruby red woolen blanket and goldenrod colored sheets, "But it suits me just fine." He patted the mattress and looked expectantly at me.

I looked down at my dress, now sodden and in disarray, "Do you have a knife?"

Jack looked at me so perplexed that I laughed outright. "Don't even think that. I'm hardly going to do myself harm," I sat next to him, "after all, I just found life's most exquisite pleasure. Why would I throw it away?" I stroked the length of his thigh and he closed his mouth on the response I knew I'd invoked. "I just want to modify this dress to make it a little more seaworthy. Right now, all it's good for is patching sails."

Jack run his hand over my bodice and lap, "I'll be the judge of that, my lovely." He moved back onto the bed and unpinned my hair. My locks cascaded over my shoulders in a single blonde wave. "Silky," he breathed as he an his fingers through my tresses. He began to undo the row of tiny bottons holding my dress together. He accomplished the task in so little time, I laughed.

"My dear Jack, I must say, you possess an alarming alacrity for divesting a lady of her dress."

"It's not how it looks, darling. My mother was an opera singer when I was a boy and I used to help her and the other girls with quick changes between scenes."

"I'll just bet you did."

"Honest, luv. And, when I got old enough to start to pay attention to the bare backs I uncovered, they blindfolded me," he paused when I laughed, "I'm a handy person to have around in a tight spot, you know."

I finished laughing and looked back at him. I drew my arms from the fabric and he started to undo the stays of my corset, "I'm beginning to notice," I replied, "This marks the second time in four days you've saved my life."

"No thanks necessary, mademoiselle," the French word rolled off of his tongue like second nature. A chill run up my spine at hearing my native tongue on his lips, "I'm beginning to like you," he finished, cavalierly.

"And I you," I murmured as he slid my light lace petticoat over my thighs, calves and ankles. He rolled down my silk stockings an inch at a time, kissing each newly exposed area of flesh. I luxuriated in his attention, shamelessly tossing my head back and sighing aloud.

"The lady likes, I see," Jack quipped. All that remained was my loose chemise. He slid his hands under the fine cotton and over my head. Jack fairly growled when he saw my naked breasts, but not out of appreciation. The nipple that Bernard had earlier assaulted was roughed to an angry red and beginning to bruise. A purplish stain already marred my arm where he'd grabbed me earlier. Jack bent his head to kiss my breast and I moaned my gratitude. "When I get through with your former fiance, he will have to crawl away from me with the most precious part of his anatomy as his bit and bridle."

I said nothing and Jack looked me in the eyes, "You do not regret your decision, do you?" he asked.

I let go my breath in a shocked gasp, "No, Jack! Never! It's just..." I trailed off and looked at my hands.