Angel Hunter Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know... I mean... I... shit," he mumbled, before biting his lip. "Sorry," he took a deep breath. "You believe in something after death, don't you Father?" Shep asked.

"Of course," he nodded.

"Your son wants to talk to you," Shep blurted out. The priest stared at him for a long moment.

"That's not funny," he said sternly. "I know as well as any that my son was a sinner and that he didn't make it into the kingdom of heaven. As much as I loved him, I know he didn't-" the old man's voice cracked.

"I think he would still like to speak with you," Shep opened the door to see a petrified Lex standing there. He suddenly seemed so uncomfortable in his leather pants and thick chains. He fidgeted, trying to pull up the low riding leather.

"Lexington..." his father gasped.

"Hi, Dad," Lex choked out.

"You're alive?" he said, happiness filling his voice as tears fell from his eyes. "No... no that's impossible... but then... you made it into heaven!" He seemed even happier now, tears pouring from the eyes withered by time. "I knew it! I knew you wanted to forget your life as a sinner. I knew you could be a holy man if you wanted to be!" he said, placing his hands on Lex's shoulder.

"That's not exactly it, Dad," Lex said, gently, wrapping his own hands around his fathers and smiling. It took his father a moment, a confused look crossed his face. But once his eyes landed on the curved horns, and long tail that Lex allowed him to see, his face went pale. He jerked his hands back suddenly.

"Oh, no..." he whispered. "No, Lexington! No!" he shouted now, his voice echoing in the church.

"Dad, it's not like that. Things are different than you think they are," Lex shook his head.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Father Francis backed away from Lex, who cried out softly as the bible verse cut into him. He took a step back as his father continued to speak the verses. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." He grasped the cross around his neck desperately. Lex had a sad look in his eyes, but also a look of acceptance. He had known how his father would react, and that's why he had been avoiding it.

"I love you," Lex whispered, before turning and leaving. Shep chased after him quickly.

"Are you okay?" he asked, walking behind Lex.

"I don't want him to fall into the hands of those bastards," Lex snapped, black tears falling from his eyes for the second time that day.

"I know. That's why we need to pick up the pace. It's time to end this war," Shep said seriously.

"The two of us against an army. Those seem like positive odds," Lex mumbled, the first really truly negative thing he had said since they met. He stopped and leaned against a planter with a few small bushes in it.

"Come on, Sex Offender. You and me against the world. With my dedication, and your..." he looked Lex up and down, "ass, we can do this shit," he smiled. Lex stared at him.

"Sex Offender is NOT my new nickname," he glared at Shep.

"Oh yes it is," Shep nodded and began walking down the street again.

"No it's not! Shep! It's not!" Lex chased after him when Shep ignored his cries and only laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC...

12