Angel of Death: The Release & Zebul

Story Info
Azrael's dream comes true and Cassiel has a revolution.
2.9k words
4.48
6.2k
6
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 08/01/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Release

"You leave today," the Creator spoke. "You are his tormentor. You were created this way, Azrael. Sin resides in you. Always has."

"I don't believe that," Azrael whispered. He was huddling behind his wings in his room back at the Virtue household. He refused to leave, refusing drink or eat. He especially detested light. "I wasn't bad."

"You're not bad, Azrael. Sin resides in you for a special purpose. It's the only thing that will let you see the way a human will die, the only way to continue being uncorrupted around Tyrus. You are the judge of where their fate is." The Creator's light shone so brightly, Azrael had to close his eyes even if they were covered by the thick black curtain that were now his wings. "You are stronger than the other archangels. You just don't understand the power you have."

"I don't want to be the punisher," Azrael whined. "I didn't ask for this."

"You wanted to fight, Azrael. I know all, I see all. You were the only one worthy of being the Angel of Death."

"It's not the same."

"Mihalo and the others are waiting for you," the Creator interrupted. Azrael slowly stood, his body weak from his refusals. He exited the room and the Creator disappeared. In the main hallway, the seven archangels stood waiting.

"Seven days? Really?" Cassiel bellowed angrily. "How dare you refuse the Creator in the first place?!"

Azrael backed away from the advancing archangel. Cassiel was probably the strongest out of the seven. Samiel and Sachiel exchanged looks and moved to block Cassiel from moving further toward the young archangel.

"I should tear your wings off your body!" Cassiel screamed from behind the twins' blonde and black heads.

"Silence, Cassiel," Gabriel finally spoke. "Azrael, you must be trained."

"What can you teach me that will control the touch of death?" Azrael spat out. "Huh?! Are you stuck where the others won't touch you for fear they'd never see another day in Zion? Have you?!"

"Yes," Mihalo spoke solemnly. "You often looked at us that way, Azrael. I never understood why."

Azrael stared at Mihalo. His dark skin glowed golden brown and his hair was always shorn short. His wings were white and contrasted his skin. He was definitely admired among the angels. Kindness seeped from his pores.

"Now I do," Mihalo continued. "Do you know how crucial you are to destroying Tyrus?"

"What do I have to do with him?" Azrael asked.

"You will be there," Gabriel began to speak, "whenever someone attempts to kill another under unjustifiable circumstances. He will speak to them, torment. You govern him."

"Why couldn't one of you do it?" Azrael refused to believe he was the only one.

"You were born with sin, punk," Cassiel stated.

Azrael was furious. There had to be another way. Cassiel's dark blue eyes stared into him. Azrael couldn't help himself. He lunged towards Cassiel, wrapping his fingers around his throat.

"Let him go, Azrael!" Raphael yelled. Cassiel's face was turning pale. Cassiel wasn't fighting back... Samiel tackled Azrael and quickly kept from touching his fingers.

"Don't touch him," Samiel said to the others. Cassiel fell to the ground shaking and gasping for air. His veins seemed to rise to the surface bulging out of his neck. Raphael pressed his hands against Cassiel's chest, sending a bright light through him. Cassiel stopped shaking; his eyes stopped rolling back into his head. He just lay there... Like death.

"Azrael," Mihalo finally said. "You could have killed him. Killing someone out of anger is unjustifiable..." Mihalo stood next to Azrael. He seemed to be Azrael's only support.

"Your fingers are poison, Azrael," Mihalo explained. "Hopefully you
will learn control it in time."

Azrael walked past the others out into the street. The archangels, excluding Raphael and Cassiel, followed him. He spread his black wings and took off.

"Where is he going?" Aniel asked just before Gabriel, the twins and Mihalo took flight.

"I don't know," Gabriel confessed.

"Soph," Azrael said into the door. "Open up. It's Azrael."

Silence continued to torture his ears. "Please, Sophia."

Ten minutes passed before the door opened. Sophia's light brown wings shielded her from looking at him. She retreated into the house and settled in a seat by the window, her right wing still blocking her from Azrael.

"You knew," Azrael whispered. "I thought we were friends!"

"We are." Sophia's wing finally folded behind her. "Azrael, you know He made you like this before Tyrus began tormenting Zion. You were going be the death-bringer among the humans if they sinned."

"What if they don't sin?" Azrael asked. He closed the distance between the. His eyes shone with tears. He'd never been upset; it had been getting to him. "Why am I sad all the time?"

"If they don't, then you destroy Tyrus," Sophia responded. She paused as tear rolled out his eye. She bit her lip and sighed wiping the tear away. "You're sad because you know there's not a thing you can do to keep from being like this, Azrael. Sin is a sad thing, too. This was
destined, though. You've always been the one to disrespect the Virtue teachers and look at the archangels as if they were about to kill someone."

"No! I never looked at them like that," Azrael countered. "I thought theycouldkill."

"You didn't even know what death was until a couple of weeks ago in the war. None of us did." Sophia's voice was level and hadn't changed tone since Azrael entered.

"Sophia, everyone knows what death is--"

"No. Not one angel evendiedin that war, Azrael." She paused as the information sunk in, his mouth hanging slightly open. "Do you know why you look a bit different than the rest of us? Do you know?"

"Why?" Azrael sat down and decided there was nothing left to do. There was no turning back.

"The humans have red hair," Sophia said smiling. "But skin like Gabriel's."

"They look like us?" Azrael asked looking up.

"Not quite. They have no belly buttons," Sophia explained. "Like the archangels. You're the only archangel born of a virtue and an angel."

"Who were my parents," Azrael demanded, "since you know everything about me."

Sophia bit her lip. "Azrael, you know there are only three birth mothers."

"Just tell me please," Azrael requested.

"Ari'el," she replied quietly. "She's the strongest of the Virtues. And, you're going to hate me for telling you who your father is."

"Tell me," he pressed. "I need to know."

Sophia twiddled her thumbs for a while before answering. "You're gonna hate me."

"No I won't."

"Yes you will. You won't believe me."

"Just please, say it."

"Cassiel." Sophia's wings shielded her again. She was ashamed that she was the one to tell him. No one had told him.

"What?" Azrael croaked. "No. I don't believe you. He couldn't father me. Only--"

"The Creator knew that Cassiel was the strongest archangel; Ari'el the strongest virtue. It was meant to be." Sophia's voice had become tiny and barely audible. "I'm sorry."

"He hates me," Azrael whined. "He hates me!"

"No he doesn't. He may be jealous."

"Sure! Like threatening to tear my wings off isn't hate!" Azrael stood now, his face turning red from all the emotion running through his veins.

"You're stronger than him," Sophia blurted out.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"The fucking 'angel of temperance' cannot be my father. The Creator doesn't allow archangels to bear children." Azrael's eyes looked maddening. This was ruining him. "I'm--I'm not... supposed to be here. The Creator doesn't break his own rules!"

"The rules were for us not Him." Sophia stood and confronted Azrael. "You are beautiful. Whatever the Father creates is beautiful."

"Then what the fuck happened to Tyrus? Huh?!" Azrael blocked Sophia from coming closer by raising his wings. "There's no way God would create a mad creature."

Sophia placed her hands on his shoulders and pulled him to her. He resisted, but he wanted so badly to feel comforted, he let her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled her face into his chest.

"You're not mad." He wrapped his arms around her bare waist.

"Ouch," she said wincing. Azrael quickly let her go. "What was that?"

"I'm sorry," he apologized quickly. "I have to control my fingers." She gave him a weird look. "They're poisonous now."

She nodded and pulled him back into the embrace. He put his hands lower, onto her butt so the cloth blocked his fingers. "You don't believe me, do you? You're not mad, Azrael."

Azrael's lips formed a tight line. Sophia smiled. "I've thought I was for the past seven days at least."

She leaned up and let her lips graze his. He leaned into her, letting his lips capture hers and felt a tingle all over. His hands moved up from her butt to her back and she didn't flinch. He didn't manage to hurt her this time. They heard a knock on the door and quickly let each other go. Azrael smoothed out her clothing wanting to touch her more. He stared into her intense dark eyes once more and turned to the door.

"Azrael, come out," Mihalo said from behind the door. "I know you know. Let me explain it to you."

"No need." Azrael opened the door and walked past all seven of the archangels. Cassiel was the last one he passed. Azrael stared into Cassiel's sapphire eyes. They were exactly like his but Cassiel's cool earth brown hair created a cold ice-like affect. "Don't ever speak to me again."

Azrael walked silently towards the throne room, ignoring the seven powerful angels following him. Entering the throne room, Azrael noticed Omniel kneeling before the Creator.

"You may go, Omniel," the Creator said. Omniel quickly exited, avoiding Azrael as best he could.Some friend,thought Azrael. "Azrael, you are welcome."

"Can I speak to the Thrones?" Azrael asked.

"It depends. What are you asking of them?" The Creator revealed the five thrones surrounding his. Orfiel, Japhakiel, Raziel, Baradiel and Zaphkiel appeared in the seats.

"What may I do on Gaia?" Azrael looked at each and every one of them. He had no more fear.

"You may justify the death of a human," Orfiel spoke. "You may not befriend them. You may protect them from an Apollyon demon if they do not invite one in. You may bring a human back from the dead if they were unjustifiably killed. You govern Tyrus and restrict how he may go about tempting the humans."

"Who are my accompaniments?"

"The Grigori: Sariel, Azazel, Araqiel, Shamsiel, and Penemue. They are cast out of heaven for their roles in the War. They now serve you," Raziel bellowed throughout the room.

"Thank you." Azrael bowed his head and left the throne room.

"Why is he asking such things?" Mihalo asked the Creator.

"He is scared. Escort him to Gaia please. Cassiel, you stay with me." Cassiel looked at the Creator, then at Gabriel, his eyes pleading.

"I think they'll need me, Father," Cassiel protested.

"No, they won't. You know they won't."

"But, Father! I am the strongest--"

"Not anymore. They have Azrael."

Cassiel was fuming. It wasn't fair. If Azrael turned on them, he could kill them all and Cassiel wouldn't be there to protect them.

"He won't hurt them. But hewillhurt you," the Creator said through his thoughts.

"Creator, why am I his father? Why do his eyes have to resemble mine?" Cassiel almost shook with distaste. "Why pair me with Ari'el? She didn't want this either."

"You and Ari'el have loved each other for some time. I know; I created you." The throne room began to empty.

"Lord, Ari'el didn't love me. She admired me. There's a difference. I know it."

"Then why did you lay with her even after I gave you the choice not to?"

"Choice? I had a choice? Angels have a choice?" Cassiel's wings folded meekly behind him. "The Angel of Death was my choice?"

"I knew you would choose to do it. But I did give you a choice. I said, 'you may lay with Ari'el.' 'May' not 'have to'. But it works well in my favour. You could have not lain with her and the Angel of Death still would have been created. If I plan to create something, it
will be created, whether it's through my subjects or through me, Cassiel." The all-seeing deity left Cassiel standing there.


"You'll know what to do," Gabriel said to Azrael. "So far, there's only one earthly place in this galaxy; only one path to get there."

Azrael stood, back to the other archangels. He couldn't face him. He would now face death and the possibilities of it. None of them will confront death the way he would. Never. He jumped, diving into the vortex leading to Gaia. The others followed.

Zebulon

"Cassiel?" Aniel called throughout the great hall. "Where are you?" Cassiel sat near the window, the light of God seeping through the curtains. He was naked.

"You should go, Cassiel," Ari'el whispered.

"Should. I should. I don't want to." Cassiel stood and walked over to where Ari'el was laying down. He smoothed out the sheets before he crawled on the bed. "Why don't you love me the way I love you?"

Ari'el looked away. Her curly black hair swished as she moved, her mocha skin glowed from beneath her burgundy wings. "I love you."

"No you don't. Not the way I love you." Cassiel ran his fingers over her feathered wings.

"I do. I just--" Ari'el looked up at Cassiel. She couldn't finish the sentence. Angels were not made to love... At least that's what she thought. "What is love exactly?"

"I don't know much about love, but I know it means that nothing exists without it." He leaned down and kissed her forehead. He stood and put on his clothing. He was about to head out the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't think I could exist without you, Cassiel," Ari'el whispered. He turned around and engulfed her with his navy blue wings. She tiptoed and kissed him lightly on his lips. "I think I love you." Cassiel gave her a small smile and left.

"Where were you," Raphael asked when the seven elder archangels sat at the tree of life.

"Home," Cassiel answered running his hands through the water running between through the middle of the tree.

Gabriel looked up from a message he was writing. "What did you say?"

"I said I was home," Cassiel said without looking up.

"No you weren't," Gabriel argued. "We looked for you there. You weren't there. Not atyourhome, at least."

Cassiel finally looked up into Gabriel's golden eyes. "Why are you making these insinuating comments? Does it matter, really?"

Gabriel decided not to argue and returned to his scroll. Sachiel, the blonde twin looked at Cassiel and threw him a fruit from the tree.

"Looks like you've been eating from a forbidden tree," he said jokingly.

"Don't say that. It was never actually forbidden," Cassiel countered.

"The Creator made Chava inherimage," Samiel put in. "She's pretty damn important if you ask me."

"Whatever." Cassiel bit into the fruit. It was sweet, but not too sweet. It was perfect as everything in Zion is.

"Cassiel," the Creator called. "Please meet with me in the throne room."

Cassiel rose and began walking away from the others. Mihalo was napping, so he was the only one oblivious to Cassiel's exit.

"Where are you going?" Aniel asked.

"To see the Creator," Cassiel replied.

"Okay," Aniel responded coolly. "When are you going to ask him of a union between you and Ari'el?"

"Now, maybe." Cassiel watched as Gabriel's writing became more furious. "Is there a problem, Gabriel?"

"Not yet." Gabriel rose and walked off in the other direction.

Cassiel gave Aniel a troubling look. "He has a thing for the other birth mother, Paris." Aniel chuckled. "He's the fucking messenger and never asks the Creator for anything.
You're smarter than he is."

Cassiel smiled and went to the throne room. He'd seen so much of it often that he almost thought he lived there.

"Welcome, Cassiel," the Creator greeted. "You want something, and I'm ready to give it to you. I feel it is something you need. But first, big news."

"News?" Cassiel knit his brows. "From what? Gaia?"

"No. From Ari'el," the Creator replied. "She's pregnant again."

"Really?" He wondered if he was the father. He'd been sleeping with her more often lately.

"Yes. It's yours." There was a long pause. Cassiel was wondering about the other reason he was there. "You may be unified with Ari'el, if you wish. A middleworld: Zebul. It was the Spirit's idea. She--" he chuckled, "Ibelieve you should have your own world. If you'd like the responsibility of ruling it, it is yours. But, you still answer to me as a leeway to Zion."

Cassiel gasped. He bowed quickly and stood just as quickly. "Thank you, Father. Thank you, thank you!" He was all smiles. "Umm, about Ari'el and I; how would we be unified?"

"There in Zebul. The Spirit will unify you, so it's legitimate." Joy shone from the Creator's light. He loved seeing His creations joyous.

"What about my duty?" Cassiel said suddenly. It never crossed his mind.

"The other archangels will be with you. You won't need to worry about not being near them."

"Will they get a partner too?" Cassiel remembered Gabriel's jealousy towards him earlier.

"If they ask, they will receive. You've asked many times. You have received." Cassiel smiled gingerly. Finally Gabriel would stop being so anal about him and Ari'el. "You may go. Oh, and tell Gabriel to be patient."