Angel of Mine

Story Info
When Lisa and Alex finally meet her husband is in a coma.
5.2k words
4.56
16.9k
41

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Well not much to say about this one, I wanted to do a good angel/ human story but all my attempts ended up terrible and were deleted. I think this one is OK, of course no intercourse in this first chapter. Also I am not affiliated with any stores or companies mentioned and none of the minor characters are based on real people.)

...

Lisa sniffed as she was thrown to the ground by her husband Victor, he slammed the front door and for a minute she thought he would go after her but instead he walked past her and headed for the liquor cabinet. She took off her hat and black veil then kicked off her flats. She moved to sit up but didn't move any further than that, she knew better than to move from the spot she was placed in. They had just got home from her grandfather's funeral. They lived in Centennial, CO the house was in his name as well as the car so she didn't get to explore much.

She would have liked to go to Southlands and do some shopping or even just take a walk but she knew he'd never allow that. He walked past her again slamming the door and she heard the car pull out of the drive way. Crawling over to the window she watched him leave, she had a feeling he was cheating on her and wished he would just leave her for the other person.

She got up and went to shower.

Lisa was one of those women that was genuinely beautiful, she had somewhat curly strawberry blond hair, bright blue eyes, lightly sun kissed skin and of course a slim but curvy figure. It wasn't just her looks though, she was sweet and caring and while she could defend herself she never went out of her way to hurt someone else with words or otherwise.

After her shower she pulled on jeans and a sweater, passing by her vanity she looked at their wedding picture. Couples joked about how their significant other changed for the worst after marriage but with Victor and Lisa it was a fact instead of a joke. He became controlling, naturally that meant she couldn't be friends with anyone he didn't approve of, she had a curfew, she was allowed to have a job but he kept half of everything she made etc.

Now of course, she was only allowed to call her friends on the phone, and even had to beg her boss to have the same off days as Victor did so he would have to drop her off and pick her up. He was at his best at work all the time, so unlike a lot of alcoholics he kept his job and saved his violent tirades for his wife.

They had gotten married four years ago, she had been twenty and he had been twenty-five. She wanted to leave him, but it was difficult it was like he kept tabs on the phone and on the house. Every time she tried to make plans he would show up right then taking his belt off and swearing at her demanding to know why she was so ungrateful.

She walked over to her jacket and pulled out the little pocket she had sewn in on her grandfather's request. Inside was an envelope holding a eighty-five thousand dollar check, her grandfather hadn't been close to his son or Lisa's step-mother and he used that as an excuse for leaving them so little. So no one would suspect that he'd left her this impressive amount.

No one except her grandmother knew that he had left that much. She didn't know how long Victor would be gone but she had to get to the bank and slip it in the account he didn't know about. She was afraid of him finding out, but would rather risk his rage than let him catch her in the act as well as take her money from her.

She pulled on her coat and grabbed her purse then left out the back door, she hurried to the bank with her face hidden.

When she arrived she smiled at the teller.

"Hi, can I talk to Pam?"

"Is it an emergency?"

"Yes, please hurry."

The woman went to get the manager and she smiled and pushed the other teller away from the desk.

"Hi sweat pea, I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaddy."

"Thanks, listen I need a favor."

"Concerning your 'special account'?"

She showed her the check and Pam nodded and went in the computer to input the information. She took a picture of the check, time of the clock a picture of herself and had Lisa sign off on everything then tore the check into tiny little pieces. Pam then took the pictures to her office. To most people the whole thing would look suspicious but Pam had known Lisa for a long time and didn't like Victor one bit.

She was willing to help in anyway that wouldn't cause him to snap and kill Lisa, Lisa thanked her and left the bank. She hurried back across the street but she swallowed nervously seeing the black Mustang in the driveway.

"Oh shit...."

She ran over and let herself in.

"Victor?"

She took off her coat and went in the kitchen she cocked her head then rubbed her eyes, in the kitchen with his back turned to her was her grandfather.

"Grandpa?"

He turned and smiled at her.

"Hey there's my crumb cake."

She smiled hearing the familiar nickname and darted over to hug him when she touched him however, he was ice cold and lacking a pulse, she frowned.

"Tell me this isn't some vampire thing."

"Not quite."

He faded then appeared behind her and squeezed her side she jumped and turned to face him.

"I'm a ghost."

She reached into one of the drawers and pulled out a fork, then jammed it into her hand,she yelped and threw it across the counter.

"Now see, that could have been avoided if you had just asked me to pinch you."

"But you....we buried you today..."

"Yes and in a very nice coffin, I'm a ghost, I'm still there in the grave."

"So why....can I feel you and why aren't you transparent?"

"Sweetheart, some people are more connected to the spirit world than others."

".....Am I going to die soon...that's why you're here isn't it?"

"No, stop panicking, have a seat I'll get you some water."

She bit her lip and sat down he flexed his fingers and a cup came down from the cabinet and a bottle of water flew out the fridge to fill it; it sat down in front of her.

"Ta-dah!"

She giggled and he smiled, still doing little tricks even in death.

"So, explain how I'm connected."

"Here's something your father never told you, when you were born, you were still born."

She cocked her head.

"What?"

He nodded.

"Mmhmm, in fact all the papers had been filled out and you were about to be buried with your poor mother. Right before the casket was closed you opened your eyes and let out a wail that could double as a sonic weapon."

She blinked, it was true her father had never told her that.

"Everyone called you the little miracle baby, now, do you know why it was like that for you?"

She shrugged.

"Come on, think."

"Maybe I was meant to do something and it wasn't my time to go."

"Something like that, you see people like you are seemingly given second chances because they are the intended significant others of angels."

She just stared at him.

"What?"

"I know it's a lot to take in crumb cake but there is something better for you than this, that stupid sad excuse for a man will get his just desserts and you will be treated how you always should have been treated."

"So someones going to come for me?"

"Uh huh."

"But....I'll still be alive...how can I be intended for an angel? I'm human and..."

"And what, you can't be with an angel because humans are supposedly impure?"

She looked at him.

"Sweetie the world isn't as black and white as everyone thinks it is, but humans make it out to be like that because there are things they don't understand and don't want to understand. Just open your heart and think past what's 'normal' for humans, after all, humans see ghosts as transparent things they cant touch or as just random noises. Yet you just touched me there is more to the world than what we assume there is."

She looked down then sighed.

"But gran..."

He was gone when she lifted her head up again, and the car was gone from the driveway she wondered if that was just a trick to get her in the house faster.

"Probably was...mean old man."

She heard his hearty laugh echo through the house and couldn't help but smile.

"OK grandpa...I'll wait for this prince who is going to save me...I just hope he doesn't take too long."

...

A few hours later there was a knock to the door she got up from her place on the couch and went to open the door. Victor shoved it open and knocked her to the ground, she rubbed her nose where the door hit. He shot her a dirty look.

"What the hell are you doing standing behind the door?"

"Sorry I was...opening it."

"Well learn how to open it right fucking idiot, look you have a bloody nose go clean that up and hurry we're going to a party."

"OK."

She pushed herself up and ran up the steps he closed the door and leaned against it, he yelled 'five' up at her to tell her how many minutes she had. She hurried to clean her nose and put on a nicer pair of jeans. She wasn't allowed to wear skirts and dresses, he was always worried she would attract too much attention.

He grabbed her arm when she came back down and pushed her out the front door towards the car door, she got in and put on her seat belt. He pulled out the driveway and headed down the street.

"Well aren't you going to tell me how nice I look?" he snapped.

"You look very nice."

"So why didn't you say anything stupid?"

"I was just stunned at how good you look."

He smirked.

"Yeah I thought so."

She looked out the window and saw the lights approaching way too fast in the rear view mirror she turned toward Victor.

'NO! Keep looking straight!'

She looked forward hearing her grandfather's voice in her head and soon they were rear ended and the air bag deployed. The way her head had been turned she could have snapped her neck, she did hit her head hard enough to knock her out though.

However, her life didn't flash before her eyes and there was no light to walk toward.

...

"Lisa? Can you hear me?"

Her sight was blurry but she opened and closed her eyes until they cleared.

"Huh...."

"Hey sleeping beauty, it's nice to see you among the living again."

Her eyes focused on a man....well a masculine work of art really, his eyes were bright and green behind a pair of simple wire glasses, his silky black hair was kept in a low ponytail, and his skin was pale and flawless. He smiled at her.

"...Who are you?..."

"They call me Dr. Carmen around here, but you, can call me Alexandrios....no better make it Alex for short."

He smiled warmly and she blushed slightly.

"You hit your head pretty hard, can you tell me your name?"

"Lisa Anderson....what happened?"

"You and your husband were in a car accident."

"My husband....where is he?"

"He's in the intensive care unit recovering from surgery, unlike you he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and went through the windshield."

"Is he...going to be alright?"

"I would say so, but for now just rest, I'll keep you posted."

She nodded and instantly regretted it feeling the pounding in her head, seeing her discomfort he injected a little morphine into her IV.

"How long have I been here?"

"A couple weeks."

'....I wonder if I made it out in better condition because of what grandpa said...'

She thought then glanced at the doctor who smiled again.

"Are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Good, I'll have one of the nurses bring you something while I call your family and tell them you're awake."

She thanked him and he walked out.

"So what did you think?"

She turned her gaze to the corner of the room where her grandfather was leaning against the wall.

"Ab..."

"Ah ah ah, don't speak to me with your voice they'll think you're crazy, use your mind."

She bit her lip.

'...What do I think about what?'

"That's better, always remember you're...and soon you're angel and other's like you are the only ones that will be able to see or hear me. As for your question, what do you think about your man?"

'Alex is the angel?'

"Well of course, you know any humans named Alexandrios?"

'No I don't, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.'

He shrugged.

'If he's my angel...then why can't he see and hear you now?'

"If every angel could see and hear every dead person in the area they would never be able to concentrate on anything with all the distraction. He has to get involved in your life to be connected to me, angels have a lot of powers but their limitations help them too."

'So is that his...human form?'

"Now you're getting it, and I didn't even have to give you a hint."

She smiled as a nurse came in and moved the bed so she could sit up and eat the simple meal of porridge, bacon, and a breakfast roll.

"I'll have to go to the fridge for a drink, would you like milk or orange juice?"

"Milk please."

She smiled and nodded before walking out of the room, Lisa had gotten several minor cuts and bruises and her neck was a little strained but she was mostly fine. After some soreness she'd be back to normal in no time. She watched Alex walk back in to check her vitals again.

"Everything OK?"

"Yeah...unless you count the fact that this porridge tastes like sawdust."

He smirked, she put some in her mouth and her eyes widened tasting that the flavor had changed to cinnamon roll. Alex looked at her.

"Isn't better tasting food a real, miracle?"

He walked out before she could say anything she glanced at her grandfather who only grinned at her she smiled.

...

Julia and Dennis, Lisa's parents were relieved to see that she was alright her half sister Kelly and her husband Jake came by to see her as well. Kelly was heavier and held a pretty face hidden under her curly brown hair. Her husband use to play football but after a heart attack and a successful transplant he was figuratively and permanently benched. He had put on a lot more weight than what he originally had but she loved him all the same.

"We went to see Victor and we have some bad news." Kelly said.

"Is he dead?"

"No, he's in a coma, the doctors think he'll come out of it in a few months but their not sure."

She nodded and tried not to laugh at the happy dance her grandfather was doing in the corner, the same dance he used to stop her post immunization crying when she was younger.

'Be nice, he's still my husband.'

"Not to me he's not woo hoo, watch me spin."

She bit on her lip he was trying really hard to make her burst into giggles but she couldn't do that, her family had always gotten along with Victor and wouldn't be happy if she was laughing about his being in a coma.

"So is this the family?"

They looked up at the Alex, Dennis made a face.

"You look awful young son, are you an intern?"

"Daddy, he's perfectly capable...of doing his job." Lisa said.

Alex smiled, she didn't know it but he was filled with a sense of pride over her sticking up for him.

"It's alright Lisa, a lot of patients get nervous when they see a young doctor, but I've been here for five years already and I've seen a lot."

Her dad frowned.

"Oh ignore my dad he's just being over protective Dr...." Kelly started

"Carmen."

"Carmen." she repeated.

Lisa watched them introduce themselves and could have swore she saw Kelly lick her lips watching him.

'Shame on her, she has a husband...'

"Don't worry about it, he's not human he only has eyes for one girl."

She blushed then frowned.

'I have a husband too.'

"No you have a controlling, heartless, moron who only cares for himself, in short an asshole."

'Grandpa Owen!'

"Oh bah, don't try to reprimand me, I'm a dirty old man I can be as mean as I want, I won't have my grandbaby being abused."

She huffed, Alex turned his attention to her.

"Is something wrong?"

"No no, I'm fine, how long do I have to stay here?"

"Oh tired of me already?"

"Not at all."

He smirked and looked at his chart.

"A few more days, we'll look you over in that time though."

She nodded.

....

On Saturday when Lisa was released she stretched carefully to try and relieve the stiffness she felt, then shook her head.

'oh grandpa?'

"Hmm?"

'I'm sorry I never properly thanked you for the money.'

He made a noise.

"I don't want thanks crumb cake, I want you to put that money to good use, enjoy life....but you're welcome anyways."

She smiled and walked over to hug him quickly before someone walked in.

'I'm not just going to waste it.'

"I know, you'll buy an apartment to call your own and nice little car."

'How do you know that?'

He smiled.

"Don't you whippersnappers know grandparents know everything?"

She smiled.

"But you should know there is more coming, and I want you to get out and see whatever part of the world you want to see."

'Is that why you haven't crossed over yet?'

"No I haven't crossed over because of what I want."

'What's that?'

"I'll tell you later, look sharp someone's coming."

She picked up her purse and the backpack that Julia had brought her full of simple toiletries. She looked up and smiled seeing Alex leaning against the door frame, up close she could see the dimples he had. She loved a man with dimples.

"All ready to go?"

"Yeah, um Dr..."

"Alex."

She smiled.

"Alex, thanks for everything."

He nodded.

"It's my job."

"Well you're great at it."

He smiled again, he was one of the younger Earth angels and wasn't as confident as his friends. He wanted her approval but worried over whether she would accept him or not, his blood boiled knowing that Victor had done anything to her. However without her choosing him, there for giving him a stronger connection to Earth he couldn't harm a human.

"Um listen this may be inappropriate but I was wondering if I could give you my number....and of course take you out for a much nicer breakfast."

Her grandfather fell to his knees and begged her she smiled.

"You know what.....sure."

He seemed to relax a little and her grandfather did the same dance one would do if their favorite team scored a touchdown.

"Any favorites?"

"....I've never been to Village Inn."

He made a face.

"Really? You're missing out on their crepes that's for sure, come on."

She walked out with him.

"Wait can you just leave?"

"I'm off today, I normally work the night shifts during the week anyways."

"But you've been here all this time.."

"Overtime is a wonderful thing."

She smiled and relaxed, she understood that he was trying to win her favor but she felt it necessary to not let him do anything that could cost him his job. He seemed to love it.

...

He drove a black GMC Sierra he shrugged off his lab coat and white button up after helping her in and then climbed in the driver's seat. She glanced at the simple black tee shirt he was wearing. It stretched over a very nicely built chest, she turned her gaze toward the windshield as she blushed. She saw her grandfather sitting on the hood of the car.

"What's the matter crumb cake?"

'I should not be having any partially or otherwise perverted thoughts about an angel.'

"Why not?"

'Because...'

"What did I tell you about thinking past what is normal?"

She made a face.

"Would it make it better if I explained that there is more than one type of angel?"

'A little...how many are there?'

"Four, the archangels are at the top, they don't have desires like humans and are forever pure, then there are dark angels. They are sort of like demons except kinder and less evil, they don't take human lovers they always need someone who can protect themselves.

Third of course the guardian angel, they don't tend to desire humans, since it would make their jobs difficult if they couldn't focus. Lastly, you have the Earth angels, they are more like purer more evolved humans and normally excel faster in everything than we do. Alexandrios here is an Earth angel, you aren't damning him or yourself."

12