Angela's Journey Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jj26809
jj26809
220 Followers

"What the hell is this" blustered his good friend. "Another ten minutes and you'd probably have my wife over her desk." They all laughed.

Lunch was a pleasant affair and it did help pass the time. About 2:00, Jack's friends had to go back to work. Shit, he still has another two hours to wait. He drove around a bit and went to check on his apartments. They were all in pretty good shape. He finally fixed Angela's old one and was renting it again. His new tenant, who Jack thought was a half of bubble off, seemed stoked to be living where some dude was offed. It would be something to tell his friends about.

Finally it was time to head to the office. Jack walked in at 3:45 with more fear and trepidation than he had overseas. When he arrived, Angela's door was closed. He asked Rosita and much to his relief, she was in doing an evaluation.

At ten after, the object of his desire emerged from her office. She was dressed in her scrubs and her hair was messy like she had been playing with it. She looked a little worse for wear.

"Hi Jack. Sorry about making you wait. I must look like a mess. It's been a long day. Anyway what do you want to talk about and why may you be in trouble. You want to go into my office?"

"Not hear. Let's go someplace private. I'm taking you to a nice restaurant that I know where we can talk and not be disturbed."

"I'm not dressed to go out any place fancy. Let me go home and change and I can meet you there."

"No, this can't wait. You're dressed fine. This place is a little hole in the wall but has good food and quiet. Let's go, and I'll drive."

The two got into his Z4 and drove about thirty minutes to a little bistro that Jack knew. It was nicely decorated with checkered table cloths and square tables. Along the walls there were booths. The joint had a fifties style motif and even had an old fashion juke box. Jack asked for one of the booths in the back.

"Ok Jack, what is so important that you drove all the way down here. Why do you think you may be in trouble" asked Angela?

"Angela honey, I have to come clean and tell you the real reason for my trip here. What I am about to say may piss you off or turn you away." She was beginning to get nervous. "These past months have made me miserable. I have feelings for you. Strong feelings; maybe even true love. I doubt you will feel the same way, especially after all that has happened, but I'm asking you give me a chance. I have felt something for you ever since I met you. I wanted to pursue it but then found out you were married. After the incidents with Jim, I didn't feel right and to be frank, Doris told me to stay the hell away. I did but it was not easy. I have been a bastard to everyone till finally Maggie told me to get my head out of my ass or move on. I had to come and lay it all out on the table."

"Jack, I'm so broken right now, I don't know if I will ever be in another relationship. I doubt I could even begin to let another man touch me. The fact of the matter is, of all the stupid ass men in the world, I do trust you. I have even thought about you. Then Jim was about to kill me and you ended up killing him. Since then I've been lost. The sessions with Dr. Ruger are helping but I don't know. Right now I hate myself. If I can't begin to love myself, how can I love another?"

"Sweetheart, what happened is not your fault. You did nothing to provoke any of it. You are a wonderful and caring person. If you were not, your patients would not have given you so much praise. You are one in a million. That is who you are. Everyone who meets you loves you. You are not broken, just bent a little."

"OK Jack, just for the sake of argument, let's say I can be fixed. Why me? You are a rich good looking doctor with education from top universities who runs a decent size company. You can have any woman you want. Me, on the other hand am a dowdy, over weight woman with self-doubts about herself and low self-esteem. Am I some project you feel sorry for? Because you rescued me you feel obligated to own me. I'm certainly nothing you want on your arm as a trophy wife at any big social event. I come from a middle class family with no upper class social skills. Hell even my ex-husband didn't want me and that was after eleven years of fucking me every which way he could. So, tell me Jack, why would you want to have anything what so ever to do with me besides being my boss's boss?" Tears began to run down her cheeks.

"You're probably right. In most cases I could date almost any fake titted bleach blonde plastic girl out there. None of those girls have any substance. My late wife Sarah, while I thought she was the most beautiful woman on the planet, would never win any beauty contests. The beauty I look for is inside. Don't' sell yourself short, physically you are very beautiful. You feel you're overweight, but those curves just make you sexier in my eyes. Your eyes can launch a thousand ships to paraphrase Homer, and men would go to war over your lips. I know you don't want to hear that right now but the point is I would be proud to have you on my arm at any event I go to. That being said, you are smart, articulate and have a good heart. You are a genuine woman, not some fake one all wrapped up in herself. The fact you have self-doubts about yourself, only makes you more genuine."

"Let's say that I do give you the chance you're asking for. Who's to say in five years or so or next year, some pretty thing that may even have a big time college education, say someone like Doris, comes along and I'm not good enough. Are you going to kick me to the curb like Ricardo, or are you going to regret getting involved with me and be miserable. I don't think you have it in your makeup to cheat. Hell let's face it, your smarter than me, better educated and have been around to places that I can only dream about. We just come from different circles. We have little in common. I'm sure you can do much better than me."

"Angela, do you know how many women I've been with since Sarah died. I've had four dates in the last eight years. Two of those were blind dates set up my Mike and Doris and one by Maggie. One I asked out on my own. They were all beautiful and educated. One was from Harvard. They just wanted to be seen with a doctor. They all cared about themselves. They all were pretentious and would probably fuck me as long as I paid for their partying lifestyle. Hell one even told me if I take care of her, she'd take care of me anyway I wanted it. So what do I want; a hooker or a real down to earth woman. If you and I can develop into something, and I am praying we can, I'm in it for the long haul. I don't want just a trophy, I want the championship. Just so you know, you're the only woman I have even give a second thought about since Sarah died. Now you're about the only thing I think about."

Angela then asked "Supposed we do get into a relationship; what about the distance and two, what about me dating the boss. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Everything I do will be associated with me sleeping with the boss. If I get another promotion, people will think it's because I'm letting you fuck me. Shit, even if we were to get married, most people would think it's for your money. How would we make the distance work? It's a seven hour car ride and I sure as hell can't fly up to corp. every week. You don't have the time to come down here either."

"Sweetheart, first, Maggie and I have been talking about promoting you anyway to a new trainer position we have in corp. Like it or not, you have made a name for yourself. If that happens, distance will not matter. As for the rest, I personally don't give a God Damned fuck what anyone thinks. You and I would know the truth. You have to trust me that I will go to the ends of the earth for you. We can be good for each other. I want you, no make that need you honey. I'm not looking to get in your pants, though that thought is enticing as well, but I want a real relationship that could easily end in marriage." Jack let out a long sigh the continued, "There. I've put all my cards on the table. The choice is up to you. What do you say?"

"Jack, you are a good man. Doris, Maggie and others who know you think you damn near walk on water. I just don't think I am the woman for you. I still think you are infatuated by me because of your protective nature. I need more time. I tell you what. You give me three more months. I want no pressure from you or anyone else. I need to spend more time in therapy. I will let you know then. In the meantime, we can talk and email. If however, the answer is no, then you must move on. Am I clear?"

"Crystal, my dear. Crystal."

It wasn't exactly what Jack was hoping for but it was something. It was going to be a long fucking three months.

Angela, for her part, had a lot to think about. She felt broken and with little hope. On the other hand, Jack has always been there for her. Even when he didn't know her he protected her. He was there for her, even flying down to meet her when she was stranded at the airport. He tried to stick up for her when Ricardo, the asshole through her out. She could do a lot worse. He was kind and gentle but was obviously ruthless when he had to be. She had thought about and even fantasized about him. Now she doesn't fanaticize about anyone. That fucking Jim; he fucked up her life to know end.

Angela went home and decided to take a nice long bath. Her new apartment was a one bedroom with a living room and small kitchen. The entire apartment was painted a neutral cream color, with white base boards. She had tan curtains on the living room window that overlooked the street four flights below. The bathroom has a small vanity with a mirrored medicine cabinet, standard toilet and bathtub with shower. She drew the water, nice and hot and undressed out of her scrubs. She looked at herself in the full length mirror that she had hung on the bathroom door. She didn't see what Jack saw. If anything, her face looked a little gaunt from not eating properly. Her tits had a little sag and her pussy was as bushy as a squirrel's tail. She had let it go from the sleek shaved look she had when she was married. She had no reason to keep it up.

Married she thought. What a waste of her life. Ricardo never wanted kids. She would like to someday. Would Jack? He is much older. She thought she loved Ricardo but after the way he treated her after the conference, she doubt she would get back with him even if he wanted. She knew that would never happen. She slowly got in tub and relaxed. She thought about Jack and all he said. Was he just trying to fuck her or did he really mean it. She figured that he did indeed mean what he said. No sane man would drive six hours to spill his guts just for a piece of ass. She thought about Jack some more and for the first time in nine months, she masturbated.

Maggie walked into Jack's office the first thing Monday morning. "Well" she asked?

"Well What?

"You know what. How did it go with Angela? Did you make any progress or am I going to have stick my boot up your ass?"

"We talked. I laid it all on the line. I let her know exactly how I feel. She had legitimate questions. The bottom line is she wants me to wait another three months. I can call her and we can talk, but she wants no pressure from anyone. It has to be her decision."

"I understand that" replied Maggie. "She's been through a lot. For your sake, I hope she makes the right decision." Maggie left and Jack put his head on his desk.

Back in Palmdale, Rosita was grilling Angela. After answering the barrage of questions, Angela had enough. "My dear, you could do a hell of a lot worse than Jack." I know you've been to hell and back, but give him a chance. He could be the best therapy that you could ever have" exclaimed Rosita.

"No pressure mom" smiled Angela. "I told him to give me some more time and I don't want pressure from him or anyone. It's my decision and mine alone."

"Suite yourself honey. I bet someday soon, someone will be washing his drawers if you don't snap him up. He's quite a catch." Rosita left while laughing. Angela snickered as she through a wadded up piece of paper at her boss.

Angela was thinking of a new idea for evaluating and training her subordinates. She figured that if she went out in the field with them, she could see how they interacted with the clients. If she did not like what she saw or felt there was a better way, she could demonstrated her techniques and discuss it with the particular caregiver. After about three weeks thinking it through, she had a conversation with Rosita who thought it was a good idea. She told Angela to run it by Jack.

Angela had also been thinking about her conversation with Jack and his true feelings toward her. He did make her feel good about herself, and he treated her with respect as a colleague. True, he was quite a bit older, but that added to his allure. He sure as hell had a large fan club rooting for him as well. She figured, what the hell, she may as well give him a chance. It may make her heal in the process.

It was about 3:00 on a Friday when she called Jack. He was in a meeting but when his secretary told him who it was, he quickly excused himself.

"Hi Angela. For what do I owe the pleasure" asked Jack.

"Yes" was all she said.

"I beg your pardon."

"I said yes. I am willing to give you the chance you asked for. Maybe we can be good and maybe help each other out. I swear to God though if you hurt me like I have been, I'll drive right up there to Frisco and jump off the Golden Gate. I'm dead serious. If we do this, it's for keeps. I'm taking a big risk here as I feel I'm still broken. Are you sure you want to get involved with me?"

"Honey you know the answer to that" replied Jack. "You know damn good and well, I'd never intentionally hurt you. We'll take it at your speed as well. No pressure. I'm just pleasantly surprised you're willing and just as surprised you agreed so quickly."

"One more thing" said Angela. "Since you started this and you're the one with the resources and flexibility, it's up to you to figure out the logistics. By the way, this is not the real reason I called." She went on to explain her ideas.

Jack said, "Angela honey, I'm catching the shuttle as soon as I get out of here. It will be kind of late when I get there so I'll see you tomorrow morning. We can discuss your plan also. And Angela, thank you for giving me this chance. I won't let you down." Then with a smile, "If I do, I'll be right there next to you when you jump." They hung up.

It was about 10 when Jack's flight landed. Once on the ground he called Doris. "Can I come over for a few minutes? I know it's late but it's important."

"Your still at the airport" asked Doris.

"Yes. I'm renting a car. I can be there in an hour."

With a giggle, Doris replied "Sure. An hour will be enough time for a fast fuck and get cleaned up. I'll put some coffee on if you like."

"Thanks Doris. I appreciate it."

When Jack got to the Ruger's Mike answered the door. "What's so important to bring you out this time of night?"

"I need to talk to your wife." He then walked past Mike. Doris was waiting for him in the entrance foyer. Jack walked right up and planted a deep kiss right on her lips. Both she and Mike were stunned at that one. They thought Jack was drunk or out of his mind. He probably was a bit of the latter.

"Damn, Jack snickered Mike. I know you want to bang my wife but right in front of me?"

"I'm here to thank her. Angela has decided to give me the chance I'm looking for. Plus, I do need some advice. It's been so long since Sarah, I'm not sure how to handle a normal relationship let alone this one. I need to be able to treat her right given her circumstances, but still want her to feel normal."

"Jack, there are four basic tenets you have to be aware of. The first, is now matter what, it was never her fault. There was nothing she could have done to prevent what Jim did to her. This was about control and not about sex. Second, is even though Jim is dead, Ned is still out there as is her ex. Don't go all marine macho on her and look for revenge. It was traumatic enough that you killed Jim. Rape victims don't need more violence. They need love and understanding. The third tenet is let her talk when she wants to. Don't try to force her to talk about it. Don't try to make it go away. If she wants to talk, she will. If not, let it go. The forth and most important is patience. She is opening herself to you and it's going to be scary. Yes Jack, her and I spoke before she made her decision. Be loving and patient. It may take months before she decides to have sex again. If she turns you down, don't get mad or go sulking. You and your hand got along fine so far, a little longer won't hurt. Other than that, treat her as normally as you would any other woman. She is not a china doll. Just be yourself and you will be fine."

"Thanks my friend. I will leave you two in peace now, but I'm meeting her in the morning." He kissed her again on the cheek. "Thanks Mike. I appreciate your indulgence as well."

Mike replied "Well buddy, if this goes like you want it to, I damn well better be the best man at the wedding. It should be a hell of a bachelor party. Doris here can be one of the strippers." They all laughed.

"Once more thing Jack" said Doris. "Google on how to help rape victims. There are guides for spouses and boyfriends."

"I will" said Jack. Then he left.

Neither Jack nor Angela had a restful sleep that night. Jack arrived at his hotel at about 12:30. He quickly showered and went to bed. He was both happy yet apprehensive about what tomorrow may bring. Angela was also tossing and turning. Could she freely give herself to another man; any man? Could she be the woman that Jack needed and in all honesty deserved? Could she heal in order to be his potential lifelong partner? Plus she still had nagging doubts about why her. Of all the women in the world, what did she have to offer a magnificent man like Jack?

Jack woke up around six. Due to lack of sleep, he felt like he tied one on the night before. He decided to go for a run. After completing a good five miles, he came back and showered. He then went down for breakfast at the hotel restaurant where he had eggs, hash browns, sausage and coffee. He went up to his room to read the paper as it was only about eight. Jack figured he would text Angela at nine. That would give her time to wake up at least.

Angela too woke up early. Since she didn't sleep too well herself, she was groggy. She decided to take a shower and brush her teeth. She was looking at herself in the mirror still wondering what Jack would see in her. One thing she decided to do was shave her legs. It had been a least a week. She again looked at her pussy. He bush was out of control so she decided to shave it again. First she cut it with scissors, and then once it was nice and close, she shaved it bare. It would probably itch after a couple of days, but if she kept it up, that would go away. Angela knew that Jack wouldn't be seeing it anytime soon, but it did make her feel sexy. The she though, hell even if he did, it's not something he hasn't seen before. He will have to wait.

Finally at nine, Jack sent a text to the object of his affection. She returned his text acknowledging she was awake. He then called and they arranged for him to come over to her new apartment. Both were as nervous as teenagers on a first date.

Jack tentatively knocked on Angela's door. When she opened the door to let her in, Jack was holding his breath. Angela was dressed in a nice pair of shorts with a nice button down top. The top two buttons were undone showing just a hint of cleavage. She had her wedge sandals that accentuated her ass. Jack was wearing a nice pair of jeans and polo shirt. He had on his Nikes.

jj26809
jj26809
220 Followers