Angels and Guardians Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
photodad
photodad
492 Followers

The next morning was Christmas Eve, and Ashley woke to feeling Joe being hot and hard against her leg. She looked over and found him still asleep. She reached down and gently played with him, feeling it get even more hard at her touch. Ashley leaned over and planted kisses at Joe's throat and chin. When he stirred she covered his mouth with hers, dipping her tongue past his teeth to touch his. She increased the pace of her stroking, and he turned his head slightly to break the kiss.

"No sex, remember?" he admonished.

"I'm not having sex," she answered. "You are. I gotta do something to keep you with me," she smiled.

Joe groaned at the pleasure she was giving him between his legs. "You don't need to do anything to keep me with you, other than be yourself."

"Aww, you're sweet. Now, just lay back and enjoy my handjob."

He rolled his eyes back in his head when she teased the skin between his sack and anus with her fingernails. What she was doing felt absolutely delicious. When he started to buck his hips against her hand, Ashley increased her pressure and jacked him from tip to base. Joe didn't last long after that, and Ashley watched the milky liquid spurt from his cock and land on his stomach. She soothed his member by licking it softly, then taking it in her mouth. He bucked a couple more times against her and she swallowed the small amount he pulsed then. Ashley took the top sheet and used it to wipe off her hand and his stomach.

"Merry Christmas," she said.

"It's not Christmas until tomorrow."

"Oh, you didn't like your gift?"

"My gift? Oh! I loved this morning!" He pecked Ashley on the cheek.

"Why didn't you kiss me on my mouth?"

"Well, you just...uh."

She understood. "You don't want to see what you taste like?" she teased.

"HELL no!" His face contorted into disgust.

Ashley was in a playful mood. "Come on, Joe. Give me a kiss." She pursed her lips and leaned toward him.

He twisted out from her. "No way...I'm not trying to be mean...but no! Yuck!"

She laughed. "Okay, okay I'll stop teasing you," she said as she got out of bed and went to the bathroom to prepare for the day.

That afternoon, it seemed as though everybody stopped by. All the Angels were there, as well as Sally, Marybeth, and Allison's boyfriends. Cindy arrived with her interest, her date with him having gone very well. Ashley's parents showed up mid-afternoon, and soon the kitchen was bustling with activity. Released from her chain to the sofa, Ashley was the center of attention while she was perched on a breakfast barstool. Joe, Jasmine, Kim, and Jill were all working in the kitchen to finish the meal, brushing off repeated offers of help from the others.

When it was time to eat, Jasmine told Ashley to pick her spot at the table. Ashley resisted and started to walk toward the counter to get her plate. Kim literally placed her hands on Ashley's back and pushed her into the dining room. Ashley protested that she didn't want to sit alone, so Kim took a seat next to her. Ashley's parents smiled when they saw Joe set a full plate in front of Ashley. It was the first time they had ever seen Joe not being served himself. He went back in to get his own plate while Jasmine set one in front of Kim, discreetly giving her a kiss as she set it down. Once everyone was sitting at the large table, Joe stood and thanked everyone for coming. Then, he said a prayer to thank God for Ashley's recovery, the gift of the friends present and the food on the table.

Dinner ended and Ashley's heart fell when Jasmine announced it was time for the gift exchange in the den.

Ashley was walking slow, looking for all the world like she was marching toward her own funeral. "I don't have anything to give all these guys," she remarked quietly to Kim.

"Don't worry about it...you pulling through your injuries is gift enough for all of us."

"That should make me feel better, I know. But, it doesn't."

Kim took her friend by the hand and led her into the den. Ashley's gifts to everyone were handed out first, much to her bewilderment. Kim patted her knee and whispered in her ear that Jasmine and Cindy set it up. The group opened the gifts at the same time, finding a CD labeled "Ashley's Song." One by one, they came up and hugged and thanked Ashley. And so an hour went by as they opened gifts from each other. Ashley was flattered and embarrassed that she had the largest pile. The gifts reflected what the girls and her parents could afford, ranging from a photo album whose theme was cheerleading last season to a new iPod from her parents. She sincerely thanked each giver with a hug, telling them honestly that she treasured the gift she was given.

The group kept it to themselves, but they all noticed one gift was starkly missing; Joe's gift to Ashley. In fact, she started to wonder herself if he had gotten her anything. Ashley kept telling herself that he was awfully busy with work and school, then she fell ill and he had to deal with that, too. Besides, he had given her a place to live, a car, and not to mention his love. Even still, wouldn't he have at least gotten a card?

When the last gift had been opened, Joe knelt by the now giftless tree and reached up inside as if adjusting a branch or pine cone. He stood up and asked Ashley to come outside with him.

"Why?"

"I need to talk to you for a bit."

She rolled her eyes. Of all the time they had the last two days, he picks now to have a chat? Ashley grabbed her sweatshirt and pulled it over her head as she went out to meet Joe by the pool.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Let's go for a walk," he said while leading her down to the path in the back yard.

"Okay...so we're walking."

"Yeah." He paused to pick a leaf off a bush to play with it. "How long do you think it should take for someone to know that they love someone?"

"Well, that's a loaded question. I've loved you since our first stay together in the hospital."

"Would you say you love me enough to stay?"

"I'm here, aren't I?"

Joe nodded. "This is true."

They walked for a while, and Ashley tried to coax what was eating at Joe from him. He ended up talking about the crazy Fall they experienced, his parents dying, and dealing with what he inherited. They circled around and were back to the pool patio when he finished. Joe looked down and spotted a dried up leaf clinging to Ashley's sandal. He knelt down to pick it off. Ashley thought it was cute, but then wondered why he stayed there, tracing the webbing of her sandal with his finger.

"I wasn't completely honest when you asked what took so long the other night," Joe said quietly.

"What? You didn't talk with my dad about Denver?"

Joe shook his head. "No."

"Then what is it? You're starting to scare me."

Joe smiled, but she couldn't see it since he was still looking at the ground. "I did talk to your dad, but not about that."

She was relieved somewhat, but where was he leading? "What did you two talk about then?"

Still kneeling, he looked up at her. "I was asking him for permission to give you this." He swiftly pulled out a small velvet box with a gold ribbon tied around it. "Before you see it, let me say this. I asked how long does it take to know you love someone. I really don't know, but my heart says that I'm in love with you, and I always will be. You've been with me through the hardest part of my life, and you haven't flinched or shied away, even though you were hurt yourself. I'm a better person when you're around, and you bring so much joy and fun to my life. So, I'm asking you to please consider the next question carefully before answering." He undid the bow and opened the box, holding it before her. "Ashley, will you marry me?"

The whole string after seeing him pull out the box played in slow motion through Ashley's head. To her, it seemed to be fifteen minutes before she responded. To Joe, he no sooner had let his voice trail off than she folded herself around his head, hugging and kissing the top of it. "Yes!" she whispered through her tears.

He picked her up and hugged her tightly in midair. "I don't think I heard you."

"YES!" she croaked loudly, her voice choked with emotion.

After a bit, Joe realized he was still holding the box. "You haven't even looked at the ring yet."

"Yeah, I did," she lied.

"What does it look like?"

"Um...a bread tie twisted into a ring?"

Joe laughed. "No...the ring is small, but I didn't go that cheap."

He put her down and she took the small box from his hand. It was a simple dainty ring, the solitary diamond seemed to sparkle all on its own in the fading light. "It's perfect!" Ashley exclaimed.

"Not too small?"

She took it out and he grabbed it from her before slipping it onto her finger. "No...it's perfect! The best Christmas present ever!"

He watched her hold out her hand as she studied how it looked on her finger. "It's only a half karat, but the stone is certified flawless and colorless..."

Ashley interrupted, "I said it was perfect, didn't I? For you, I would have been happy with a bread tie." She turned her hand slightly to watch the fire sparkle inside the stone. "But, this is an expensive piece...I can tell. It feels so weird to wear a ring."

"It looks like you've been wearing it all along," Joe said in wonder.

"It's like it was made for me." She reached up, put her arms around his neck and kissed him. "How did you know it would fit?"

"Total guess...on Jasmine's part."

"She knew?"

"Yeah."

"Who else?"

"No one. I wanted it to be a surprise."

Ashley thought briefly on how to punish Jasmine for not at least dropping hints. "It sure was. I'm so happy, you cannot believe."

Joe pulled her tight to his chest. "Thank God! I was really hoping you wouldn't say no."

"Never!" She gave him one more kiss. "Let's go back in...it's starting to get chilly."

They walked through the door and were greeted by applause, cheers, and whistles from the happy group who had watched the proposal through the window. After a round of hugs from everyone, especially her parents, the females crowded around Ashley to admire her new ornament. When the excitement died down a bit, most of the group bid farewell and headed home.

Ashley wanted to go to Midnight Mass for Christmas, and her, Joe, and Kim got changed and headed over to church. They arrived early, and about 15 minutes before the Mass started, the sacristy lady came up to them and asked if Ashley would lead the hymns, as the choir had not been scheduled for the late Mass. Ashley said yes, and a stool was placed behind the lectern. Ashley asked Joe if he'd play for her, and of course he said yes.

Once the priest reached his position to open the Mass, he said a few opening prayers, then introduced Ashley.

"If some of you have been living in holes the last few months, our songleader tonight is Ashley Roberts. The name might sound familiar, because we've been praying for her the last two weeks. It's a Christmas blessing to see her singing here, even if she is sitting on the job."

The congregation applauded and laughed at the joke. Ashley smiled and tipped her hand in response. The Mass proceeded as usual, although a bit more casually due to the late hour. At the end, the priest thanked Ashley for leading the music, once more expressing his gratitude to see her well. He asked the congregation before the final hymn how they thought she did, and a solid round of applause ensued.

Chapter 29

Sometime in the days following, the usual group approached Ashley about performing on the IPO road show. She was concerned about traveling so soon and had asked why they wanted her to sing for this. Joe explained what the tour was for, and having her perform would be a bonus perk to impress investors. The group didn't mention that they wanted her to keep her mind off her loss. After a lengthy conversation, she agreed to sing at the last stop, but not the one in the next week. That would be too much to deal with since school would have started that week.

School started the next week, and Ashley's new ring gathered lots of attention. She fielded lots of questions as to when the wedding would be, but she didn't know and that was her answer. The wedding theme continued that week when a bride to be called Ashley out of the blue to ask her to sing at her wedding, both the ceremony and the reception. The musicians scheduled had a disagreement with the contract, and the couple needed to find a replacement. When Ashley asked when the event was, she was told the following Saturday. She agreed, but was curious as to how the bride came up with her. The bride told Ashley that she and her fiancée were in the congregation for Midnight Mass and decided they wanted her to do their wedding.

And so started a very busy school semester. Ashley enlisted Joe and Jill to help with the wedding gig, which the wedding party was very pleased with. Before long, Ashley was booked nearly every weekend to perform at some event or another. After her road show appearance, Ashley started thinking about finding a band, a project that gained urgency after booking the next two weekends. She loved having Joe accompany her, but she knew he didn't have quite as much passion to play as she did.

Ashley got a tremendous lift when Tales of The Blind contacted her about singing with them. That show happened to be on one of the weekends that was open. She and Joe were flown to Atlanta the Friday night before the concert, and they were afforded an evening with Jon and his manager. She had lots of questions about how he started out, picking a band, etc. Jon patiently answered them all, giving her and Joe lots of insight. His manager also gave tips and pointers, as well as pitfalls to watch for. She was brought out during the second song the next night, and the crowd quickly warmed up to her voice and energy on stage. Ashley stayed on stage for the rest of their concert. Before leaving the next morning, the Tales' manager gave Ashley a list of musicians local to her that might be interested in forming a group.

Now that the IPO was over and the company was no longer in Joe's direct control, he sold the aircraft to Carter, Inc. He became less distracted and focused his attention onto Ashley. With most of his classes coinciding with hers, he spent nearly every minute that spring at her side. In early February, Joe surprised everyone including Ashley by announcing that he would not be playing football when he entered college. Instead, he was turning his passion toward his bride-to-be and her endeavors. The announcement sparked a rather intense argument between him and Ashley, but he put it to rest, saying that he had no more passion for football. He found her notebook one day and flipped through it to find page after page of poems about her life. Her scribbled doodles framed the poems in the margins. Joe asked her if she was writing songs, but Ashley just said that they were poems she'd think of when she was bored. The doodles were drawn whenever she hit a block. That night he sat down at the piano with her notepad and started playing whatever came into his head to match her words. The first song he actually wrote out the notes by hand. He found this tedious, so he purchased a keyboard and hooked it up to a computer in the living room, now turned music room. As he played the tunes on the keyboard, his software would write out the music on screen. Then he would type in her poems to match the notes. Inside three weeks, he had music for each poem she had written so far.

Cindy stayed on with Carter to help with the transition, but soon she was no longer needed. Joe hired her directly to be a personal assistant to himself and Ashley. She held tryouts from the musician list and worked with Ashley to put together a four piece band. Ashley and her group made its debut at The Shack just before spring break. Doug, the officer Cindy met in Denver, had successfully bumped his status with her to boyfriend, and for a while he tried to get Cindy to leave Joe to find more "stable" work. Cindy would tell him that she actually trusted Joe and Ashley more than she trusted him. Her workload increased somewhat when Joe and Ashley announced that they were getting married in the summer before college started. Doug would often tag along when Cindy met with Joe and Ashley, and the more he got to know them, the more he understood why Cindy wouldn't ever leave them.

The manager for Tales of The Blind introduced Cindy to his contact with their record label. She handed the recruiter her Christmas present CD. He thanked her for her time and tried to dismiss Cindy. Cindy, of course, knew a blow-off when she saw it, since she had often used them when she was at Carter. Being the persuasive woman she was, she thanked the recruiter for his being considerate of her time, but she could wait a little while more for him to listen to the CD and give her his opinion, no matter what he thought. He sighed and inserted the disc into his player, fully intending to say some hurtful things after a few bars to get Cindy to leave in tears. Instead, when he listened his head cocked intently and he said nothing until the end. He asked some pointed questions as to where she found the piece, how she knew the artist, etc. Cindy left with a contract for Ashley to sign.

At Cindy's urging, Ashley skipped the campus tours promised by Joe in the fall to record her first album. Joe offered Jill and Jasmine to take them around to schools like he promised, but they insisted that he go with Ashley to Nashville. He did keep his promise of a trip by flying all of them to Nashville. Ashley had fun at the recording sessions at first, but after singing Ashley's Song for the 80th time on the first day, she decided that this was indeed a job. During breaks, though, Ashley would strum some nonsense tune and kept spirits light by spouting off whatever rambled through her head. The director quickly learned to keep the recorders on whenever Ashley had a guitar in hand, and many of her antics ended up on a limited edition bonus CD. The recording part was done by Thursday, and the photo shoot for the cover and insert was held Friday. That Saturday, the group all sat down to work out cover designs. Jasmine really shined during this session. In fact, she took over by pitching her idea of having Ashley's picture framed by an image of her doodles in her notepad. In a matter of minutes, she laid out on the computer both covers of the CD, as well as the lyric insert. Everyone loved the idea, and it was saved as-is for the printer. The art director was so impressed that he held Jasmine back to offer her a job with the label.

Jasmine at first refused, saying that she wanted to complete school. They stepped up their offer, and she said no, that she also wanted to stay near her friends while in school. Then she was offered a nice contract where she could telecommute. She would be sent a packet that included a profile of the band or artist, previous releases and how those covers looked, as well as photos from their concerts if they had any. Her job was to take all that information and design CD packaging that matched the artist's personality. She signed at that point and worked for them until the end of her days, which came much sooner than anyone would have liked.

Graduation arrived with much pomp and circumstance, as they say. Ashley and Joe were invited to attend several award banquets leading up to the big day. In sports, Ashley and Jasmine tied for outstanding athlete in cheerleading. Jill won the leadership award for the area in that sport. Joe attended three banquets for his participation in football. For the school, he won overall MVP, outstanding athlete in football, the leadership award, as well as the spirit award for outstanding sportsmanship on the field. At the newspaper's area award banquet for high school seniors, he won the leadership award, and student-athlete of the year, but came in second for overall MVP. Bill, Ashley's ex, was there and he was also nominated for the MVP, but he came in fourth. Ashley and Joe were surprised when Bill came up to them afterward to congratulate them on getting engaged. He apologized to Ashley for his treatment of her and said goodbye. The pair also won a few academic awards, with Joe also winning the Rotary Club's Top Economics Student award for NW Florida, and Ashley winning the top music award for area seniors.

photodad
photodad
492 Followers