Animal Lover Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The person that comes to the door with my things will also be a werewolf. I'm not completely certain who it will be, but you must not show fear. They will not be here long."

"Um. Oh. How many eggs?"

He smiles at her. "Half a dozen, if there are enough. Sunny side up."

She opens the carton. "Uh, yeah, there are." She starts cracking eggs. "So, OK, there's a guy in charge who isn't you. So, who are you?"

"I'm Beta of the pack."

"What's Beta?"

"Second in command. I carry out our Alpha's commands and take over much of the day to day duties."

"Such as?" She sets the plates on the table.

"Maintaining the house and grounds, keeping track of food and supplies, upkeep of vehicles, training lower ranks."

"Coffee?"

"Oh, god, yes."

She laughs and pours him a cup. The toast pops up and she brings over two slices, slides two more in, and sits.

"Emmett?"

"Hmm?" around a piece of bacon.

"How did I guess your name?"

He hesitates briefly and she looks at him. "We have some limited telepathic ability. When you started thinking about a name for me I just concentrated on it. You picked up on it. So much better than boy or Rex."

Her eyes widen. "Can you read my mind?"

He looks distant, as if listening to something far away. He shoots to his feet, knocking the chair over.

"Emmett? What's wrong?"

His voice is breathless. "The Alphas... They're coming."

12