Anja - A (Short) Love Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Temptation, and pride, got the best of me. Kitty's eyes fell to the picture. She gasped, her dark brown eyes on mine. "Oh lord, Maggie, I see what you mean. She's just gorgeous." I cried. I hated that I still did, but I didn't care.

Our first Christmas. We had only been seeing each other (wink!) for a few months. We had kissed, but not much more. I found the most beautiful pearls that cost way too much. My Anja made far more than me. She was embarrassed by my obvious largesse, but clearly thrilled and pleased. "Thank you, Maggie darling, you're very sweet and very foolish. This is far too much. I'm not worthy of such excess." She had them on that night; they're in the picture. Now, of course, I'm so glad she put them on while I was in the bathroom. "Do you like, darling?" I smiled, catlike, as I climbed on the bed.

"Let me show you how much I like," I purred as my mouth closed on her nipple. She moaned, arching her back. And I began.

Kitty cried when she finished reading this. "It's so beautiful, Maggie. I'm at a loss for words about your love for your Anja." She hesitated a moment before saying, "Some day, I'd like for you to publish this as fiction. Change the names if you want. But this is too wonderful, too well written, for people not to read. They won't care that you're not a writer, Maggie, they'll love it. They'll love reading about your love for your Anja. They'll cry with you and for you." Furious, my head was shaking. Patient as can be, she continued. "Not now, but maybe some day, you'll want to share your beloved Anja with a public that will love her too."

She was right. Someone asked if I thought there was such a thing as a second soul mate. I laughed, a harsh noise filled with scorn. Shamed, I'm sure, she shrank from me. I don't know if there is such a thing. I've never had a wish for another. Foolish? Perhaps. It's my life and my choice.

One day we'll be reunited. I can't wait. She'll look like she did that night, the night of the picture. And I'll have tears of joy. Hot tears, like the ones pouring down my face.

Thank you for reading, for sharing my beautiful Anja with me. Don't cry that it's over, be filled with joy and wonder that it happened.

Maggie Mae Hendricks

August 22, 1994

12