Another Forgotten Valentine's Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He knew Lucy worried over him tremendously so he kept himself up beat. It would ruin the surprise if he had to explain the reason for his current state. The surprise was important to him.

The chocolates were delivered to his office. Mr. Porter stopped into see Ricky the day the the package was delivered. He asked about the box of chocolates. Ricky told Mr. Porter of the box of stationary and the card making materials. So he decided to make a card for Lucy. And what else do you give with a card but a box of chocolates.

He continued with is feelings that his deceased father was involved but wasn't sure how. It was just another discouraging example of his lost memory. Mr. Porter was a wise man and knew he couldn't tell Ricky about their conversation from one year ago. He knew Ricky was close in getting all back and he had a feeling it would all come out on its own very soon.

He told Ricky what he was doing for Lucy was a very fine thing to do for one's spouse. Not surprisingly Ricky told him she was worth it.

Valentine's Day came as any other day. Lucy made Ricky breakfast and sent him off to work. She was happy and sad at the same time. Happy that one year later she still had her husband to love, but sad because just like last year, there would be no Valentine's Day card waiting for her at the end of the day.

Around 11 am there was knock on the door. When Lucy answered it the first thing that took her breath away was the large bouquet of red roses. The delivery man asked for her by name asking if it was OK to take the vase of flowers and place it inside. She nodded yes as he handed her a small card. After he placed the bouquet on the hallway table, he said his goodbyes leaving a stunned wife with tears flowing down her cheeks.

After she made it back inside she smelled the distinctive scent of the roses. The card was simple wishing her a Happy Valentine's Day and an "I love You" from Ricky. Lucy could not contain her happiness letting her tears flow freely. A quick thank you text to Ricky was replied with a "it's not over yet." She wondered what he meant. Maybe a dinner at a fancy restaurant was planned tonight.

Around 4 pm there was another knock on the front door. This time all of her parents, in laws and Mr. Porter and his wife were there. Each carried a dish readied for an evening meal. Well that answered one question. No one knew why they were asked to come to dinner besides Ricky asking them to show. All agreed without question.

A few minutes later Ricky showed up with his donation to the nights meal. During the meal it was just as Ricky planned. It was a family coming together. He stood asking for everyone to be patient for just a while longer as he had a few things to say.

He went around the room and thank each one of his family and extended family for their support for the past year. He began a little story of a few months past of finding a box stuck on a shelf in a closet. There were items inside that kicked at his memory but as hard as he tried he couldn't remember what it was all about.

He decided to do something with the items inside the box. Each action felt so familiar as he went about creating a special memory. He still wasn't sure why he was doing it but even with his limited memory he knew it was one of the most important gifts he could give. In doing so he wanted the most important people in his life with him as he presented it to the most important person in his life.

Everyone was unsure where this was leading except for Mr. Porter. Ricky reached into a gift bag and pulled out two boxes of chocolates with a handmade Valentine's Day card attached to each. The cards carried the scent of perfume still worn by Lucy.

Lucy sat eyes wide almost losing her composure. Tears filled her eyes as Ricky knelt in front of her and handed her the card from last year. He apologized for not being able to give her the card last year and vowed to never to let it happen again. By now her tears fell freely down her cheeks.

Ricky didn't hesitate and handed her this year's card and chocolate. She opened the card with shaking hands. She read the sentiment and started to cry so hard Ricky was worried that he did something to upset his wife. Lucy placed a strong kiss on his lips and excused herself to retrieve the box of cards from years past. She showed Ricky the cards he gave her for every Valentine's Day since were married. His face showed bewilderment unsure what Lucy was trying to to. "Think Ricky. Valentine's Day and your dad, grandfather and great grandfather. What does it mean to you? Think!"

Ricky took a few seconds and smiled. "Actually my dear wife, you are the one to tell me what it means."

"It means EVERYTHING! It means you love me!"

Ricky looked at his wife and his family and told them, "I remember now."

No one around the table had a dry eye as they realized the nightmare from last year was finally over.

This is a Valentine's Day they would never forget.

12