Another Halloween Party

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wednesday started like the first days of the week with a general failure to accomplish anything at work. I declined the dinner at Mel's and went directly to the Host and Hostess to beg for any more help they could provide. I went back home with a scrumptious carry out from a greasy hamburger joint. Sustenance for my body was becoming less important than my lost love, the food for my soul, now missing from my life.

The night yielded conversations with two more couples from the guest list, but no further news of "Susan". Each unanswered call caused me despair. Each contact left me emotionally crushed, when no good news developed.

Why the hell had I not asked for her phone number? Surely Susan would have given it to me!

Thursday, was the same as Wednesday, except that it was fried chicken that I dined on while I pounded the telephone keys. My anxiety level was going way up. I had expected the search for "Susan" to be easy and four days later, I had no more clue to her identity than I had on Sunday.

I was almost banging the buttons each time I dialed a number. Why, OH WHY, had I not asked for her number?

I nearly cried myself to sleep on Thursday. The frustration level was really setting in. I was consumed by the fear of possibly losing my love.

Friday found me at Meagan and Mel's once more. Megan had managed to find one of the unlisted numbers. That call resulted in no "Tom" and no "Susan". I almost felt deserted by Megan in her quest for "Tom" until she explained that finding "Tom" would find "Susan" as well. Tom's identity would lead back to the person or persons responsible for the other blind date which would in turn result in finding "Susan".

I barely contained my anger at Megan. I heard her explanation but I didn't feel it! I had lost my true love and all she could think about was the horror of Susan's rape! I felt angry at the whole world! Why hadn't I asked for her phone number?

Saturday found me at the Host's house searching for the three missing phone numbers. No amount of begging worked except that they could provide two of the employers of the people with missing phone numbers. The rest of the day was spent in repeatedly dialing the people who still had not answered. A full week and NO "SUSAN"! Each call now crushed my spirit. Still I was compelled to search on!

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, except that I really did cry myself to sleep, although I'd never admit it.

Monday I got no work done. I spent the day calling the employers, looking for the people with unlisted phone numbers or at least the numbers at which they could be reached. I found one more but the result was a crushing. No "Susan"!

Again I cried myself to sleep while lambasting myself over my failure to get "Susan's" number.

Tuesday, I didn't even pretend to work, but worked the numbers instead. I was still missing the phone numbers to two couples and one had never answered my calls. I was becoming even more desperate, more frustrated, and for the first time, depression set in. I was nearly beating myself! Why hadn't I asked? I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. I was desperate to find my "Susan"!

It was 9:14 P.M. on Wednesday, a time I will always remember. I had just given up for the night and felt the depression starting to wash over me. There was only a slim sliver of hope left in me. Two couples yet to be found. The tears were just beginning to form at the corner of my eyes when the phone rang. It was Megan.

"Tom, I have some good news for you." Before she could say more, my doorbell rang. For a moment I wondered who it could be at this time of the night.

"Hold on a second, Megan. Someone is here." I put the phone down and went to answer the call of the entrance bell. I opened the door and then my jaw dropped. Standing there was "Susan". My face lit up and that excited look was contagious. I saw "Susan's" face go from anxiety to pure joy. My arms reached for her and she was in them in a heartbeat.

I heard her sob. "I thought you didn't care! I didn't know you weren't who I thought you were. I just assumed you weren't interested in me anymore!"

"I thought I had lost you. As soon as I realized you weren't my blind date, I started searching for you. I thought I'd never find you!"

I felt her tears mix with mine as we embraced. From across the room, I heard the phone make a bleating sound that indicated Megan had hung up. I heard the heartbeat of my love. I felt her lips meet mine. I pulled her into the living room as our hands were all over each other. I'm not sure who's idea it was, but we found ourselves propelled toward the waiting bedroom. It would not have taken an expert tracker to have followed us. We left a trail of discarded clothing on the way.

As I felt her naked body against mine, I knew that, now, all was right with the world! I would be forever in love with... what's her name.

12