Another Springtime Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could feel their adoring eyes, both of them, and felt ten feet tall and absolutely bulletproof! I just drove on nonchalantly, basking in the glory. Somewhere in the distance I could hear the National Anthem and a couple of ruffles and flourishes – I had witnessed the evening retreat once at the Marine Barracks at 8th and I in DC, and the crispness of their rendition always sends tingles down my spine – but the real reward was the depth of feeling in her few words to my daughter. Never will there ever be a medal struck that can convey the matchless wonder of the heartfelt love and trust of a beautiful young girl for her husband.Never! It ain't never gonna happen!

Back in the apartment, Jennifer was next in line as Christine emerged from the shower. Alone together for an interlude, my wife wanted some moisturizing cream to cool the sun's warmth on her shoulders, and then on her back, and then... well, all over... and I was pleased to attend to her desires. Her wet hair still bound up in a towel, I kissed her lightly, mauled her beautiful breasts and made her whimper for me, and then lovingly wrapped her glorious body in a fresh sheet and laid her down on our bed to relax. Laying next to her, I was barely three sentences into the Langston Hughes short story she had requested when my daughter appeared, hair also in a towel and wearing my terry robe, tent-like on her trim figure.

"Come, relax with us for a while, Jenny," she invited cheerily, then adding, "Dace is reading me a story," making it sound as were my reading to her part of the pampering she had enjoyed earlier, which, of course, it really was.

We had been up late the night before talking after Jennifer had arrived, and now, the tension of the already long day drained away, by the end of the third page into the story they were both down for the count.

I welcomed the opportunity to just observe and contemplate the two of them. My daughter lay back to back, with my wife between us, the gentle rise and fall of her breathing altering just slightly the contour of her terry-wrapped form. Allan was due in the next day, and the story telling after today would be a real festival of giggling and excitement, I knew. He had shown himself to be a good man, and I thought I could guess what Jenny's response would be to his proposal when it came. They would make an excellent couple.

Our existence has changed gradually and became more normal. What is normal, anyway? At any rate, the "syndicate" seems to have either given up on us or, at least, turned its attention elsewhere. There has been no sign of them for more than a year now, and contacts with Joe are now on an 'as needed' basis. That's fine with me.

Christine's fine features as she faced me were in the most graceful repose as she slumbered at my side. We had now two years experience together, and had been married half that time. This was the same young girl I had met that morning in the hotel in Seattle... how very much she had matured over that time. My pretty little vixen was the sweetest girl, just twenty years old, a delightful companion and the most gracious lady a fellow could ever imagine. She lay at rest at my side, and I noticed the sheet falling away to expose the upper swell of her beautiful breast and the little heart-and-pearl pendant she wore so proudly for me.

I had known and loved a beautiful and vibrant young girl... and chance had taken her from me. Now I had found a second, as radiant and wonderful and unique as had been the first and... and she, too, loved me with all her heart and soul. The warmth and tenderness she brought to me is a great treasure.

Yes, indeed, it was another springtime.

*

Now, dear reader, I have come to treasure this young lady's love and companionship and attention over these last years and I am not about to share with anyone – any more than I have, and I have already more than I intended – the delight and the soul-soothing pleasure that she brings me with her sweetness and desire to be mine. The richness of that treasure is something I consider just between the two of us, man and wife. Some of you will understand... others will just have to try.

You will doubtless draw your own conclusions and may well attempt to imagine what all might be... you will attempt that whether I condone it or not. Still, Friend, in your more creative and colorful imaginations your conjuring will fall well short of the reality that is mine each day... each loving moment... to have and to hold and to cherish.

In addition, I am particularly pleased to report, we are expecting our first baby in about six months. The doctors see no complications, she is feeling just fine and thrilled with the prospect, and the prediction is that yet another young lady will grace our home.

I will have to close now. The aromas wafting hence from her kitchen are just scrumptious. I hear her out there, singing softly to herself, and I am sure she needs my help.

12