Apallonia; Roman Goddess

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, sweet Goddess Apallonia," he responded. Gary lathered and washed the previous days sex and sweat from his body while Apal watched him. She recovered from her recent cumming to help him wash and rinse. Secretly she had looked about for hair coloring, as she suspected that he dyed his hair to keep it at the light brown shade. She had found none and concluded that his hair was naturally brown, with tinges of gray at his temples. He certainly didn't look seventy, but yet again his drivers license proved his age. Apal decided that she didn't care if he was a hundred and seventy she loved him.

"Church?" Apal asked as they dressed.

"No," Gary said emphatically, "I believe there is a higher being, but I don't believe in religion nor the divinity of the higher being." He paused and decided not to go any further with that discussion. "Anyway, no one in their right mind would let this dirty old man into heaven. No female angel would be safe," he concluded. Apal started to ask a question about his religious statement and he smiled, shaking his head 'no'. They went out for breakfast at a local fast food breakfast restaurant. They ate in silence and when finished Apal reached out to hold his hand.

"Gary, I love you and I want to move in with you, if you'll have me," Apallonia said endearingly to Gary.

"Dear sweet Apallonia, I love you too, but there is a problem," he said. A puzzled look came over Apal's face as he spoke. "There is nothing that would please me more than to have you live with me, share my life and be my lover…but there is no other way to say this…I'm much too old for a beautiful young vibrant woman such as the magnificent, Apallonia." Apal's eyes welled up as he took her hand. She bit her lower lip, but did not cry.

"Why?" she asked, "You just said you love me too…why won't you let me come live with my lover?"

"Apallonia, I will be your lover, confidant, friend and companion for as long as you allow me, but to go beyond that would totally unfair to you."

"Unfair? You're being unfair…we love one another…that's all that really counts," she told him.

"I wish it were truly that easy. It truly is not!" he said sternly. "Apal, right now things are going smoothly for me. I'm relatively healthy and strong enough for a seventy year old, but who knows what tomorrow may bring. At my age the end is not too far away…it would be ok if it happened quickly, but what if it doesn't? What if I fall victim to some illness that is just debilitating and I slowly waste away for years before I go?" he paused for effect then continued, "I'm not going to do that to you, or any other young woman."

"You're breaking my heart, Gary," Apal said as a tear rolled down her lovely cheek. Gary reached out and gently wiped the tear away, squeezing her hand with his.

"I'd rather break your sweet, wonderful, bigger than life, heart now, than watch it wither and die as you struggle to take care of an sick old man." Gary looked deeply into Apallonia's eyes and said, "Apallonia, I do love you, but I can't sit by and watch you risk ruining your life," again he paused, "We can be together, do all the wonderful things we've been doing all weekend…like the museum, dinners, breakfasts and making beautiful love to one another. I don't want you to be obligated to me…that would happen if you moved in. Eventually, if I became incapacitated, you would feel an obligation to 'take care' of me. That, my sweet, I can't allow to happen."

"It's not fair…you're not being fair," Apal said nearly whimpering.

"You're right. It's not fair, but it is…Just!" he said firmly, "Apallonia, you are on the threshold of life…I'm on the tail end. Some day soon, some wonderful, lucky young man will enter your life and you'll fall in love with him. He'll sweep you off your feet and carry you off as his bride. You'll give him lots of babies and our love will be a very pleasant, but bygone memory. That, sweet one, is the unvarnished truth…outside of the glare of the 'love light'." Apal was visibly shaken, but in her heart she knew that he spoken the truth.

"We aren't going to see each other anymore?" she asked. Gary told her that it was up to her. He was not going to pressure her with calls or invitations, because he wanted her to be open and available for her 'Prince Charming" when he showed up. But, if she wanted to visit, go to dinner or anything else he would be thrilled to be a part of her life in that way. "God damn it! I hate the truth!" she exclaimed, "It fucks everything up!"

"Yes, truth has a way of doing that. It is a very sobering thing…truth," Gary said softly. Apal's feelings were visibly hurt, but she managed to hold back the tears. Quietly, she asked Gary to drive her back to his house to gather her things. Then asked him to take her back to the restaurant where they had met, so she could pick up her car and go home. Gary nodded, paid the check and they left. Later, at her car, she started the engine and looked up at Gary who had just closed her door.

"I don't know what to say?" she murmured looking straight ahead.

"Don't say anything, Apal. Not until you have thought about what we talked about," he told her. "I want to thank a very wonderful and beautiful woman for a magnificent weekend. You have a way of making things seem perfect, Apal," he paused and added, " I'd like nothing better than for you to call and ask to have dinner with me." Apal looked at him, breathed deeply and drove off into the late Sunday afternoon.

Several weeks passed without Gary hearing from Apallonia. He didn't know what to make of it other than she was upset, hurt and disgusted with him. Gary didn't blame her for being angry. After all he had bedded her, wined and dined her then in effect 'dumped' her, from her point of view. He believed with all his heart that he had saved her from herself and a potentially ruinous life of 'taking care' of an old man. Gary, too, had hurt feelings about their short and tempestuous love affair. He did love her. She was indeed beautiful. Such women rarely if ever consorted with 'dirty old men', but he was glad in his heart that he had met and enjoyed her company.

It was very early, six thirty am. Gary, drying him self, had just finished his shower when the phone rang. Naked he answered it. "Hello."

"What cha doin'?" asked Apal.

"I'm naked," he replied.

"Ooooooooo, how nice. I'm on my way over to cook your breakfast. Stay as you are," she said and hung up her cell phone. Gary grinned from ear to ear. 'How can he be that fucking lucky?' he asked himself. He heard a car come to a stop in his drive way. Gary reached into his medicine cabinet to take two blue diamond shaped Viagra pills as the door rang. He answered the door naked. Apallonia stood there in her coat. She stepped inside and dropped the coat to stand naked. "Some dirty old man is going to get his brains fucked loose," she said, embracing and kissing him. She reached down and grasped his swelling cock. "Hi, big fella…miss me?"