April Fooled to Go on a Date

Story Info
22-year-old finds out a job interview is actually a date.
7.6k words
4.53
36k
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ctus
Ctus
263 Followers

"We're not going to lose to Stephanie again. We need this contract."

The desperation was real as Todd smacked his sales partner Gary in the chest. The two 30 something year old men had enough coming in runner ups to the sales superstar of the company, Stephanie Woodson.

Gary recoiled from the strike, "Shit, I know but what are we going to do? She's gotten every big deal for years."

Todd continued with a crazed focus in his eyes, "I know that, but this is our time. It's time someone put her in her place. She has done too well for too long. You know what we used to do to all of the Junior Associates? To let them know what their place was?"

"Umm...well, we would prank them."

An excitement dashed over the energetic software salesman, "Yes, you're damn fucking right Gary! A prank on April Fools Day would be perfect. She needs to be taken down a notch or three. I'm sick of her status."

Stephanie Woodson, the 43 year old sales dynamo for Minnow Technologies, had devoted her adult life to mastering the art of software sales. Her expertise, warmth, and willingness to work extremely hard made her the top salesperson at the growing technology firm based in Chicago.

She was at the top of her game and was recognized for it. Her colleagues though found the adulation of bosses and clients to be annoying. She was successful in a world that used to be only for the boys club.

Stephanie had formed a deeply competitive spirit from her early years competing against her older brothers in everything. She was a premier athlete in high school and graduated top of her class. She craved being successful and having a scorecard by which to be judged.

It made her extremely good at sales.

It also hindered her greatly in her love life.

She had never found the right woman. The person who matched her. The one who could balance out her drive. The one to help her find a reason to slow down a little bit.

She was five feet nine inches tall with a fit body from years of weight lifting and yoga. Her sandy colored blonde hair was always eloquently coiffed up. The three inches of thick hair gave the unmistakable presence of her gayness and her sense of fashion also communicated her unyielding pride in being who she truly was.

The tailored suits, tight fitting jeans, and designer sneakers gave her a feeling of comfort. She couldn't remember the last time she had worn a dress.

She had a few weaknesses including presuming her peers were all on the same team and developing crushes on much younger women who likely weren't lesbians.

Gary and Todd had seen one of her weaknesses up close and personal when the sales staff, at the suggestion of Stephanie, would frequently go to the Champions Clubhouse eatery off the 18th hole at the high end Legacy Golf Club.

Stephanie's weakness was a much younger waitress named Erin.

Gary mused about Stephanie's desired muse as the two men tried to figure out a way to mess with the sales superstar, "You know we could figure out how to trick her to think that hot piece of ass waitress wants a date or something. Remember when she broke up with her last girlfriend? She was devastated for weeks. That would be the window we need to close some deals. She drops her card in the business free lunch bowl every single time we go. Last time we went, I saw her put her number on the back of the check."

The idea was quickly hatched between the two men. Stephanie would think she was going on a date and Erin would think she was going on a job interview.

Communication via burner phones was quickly set up by the two men to trick the two women to meet up for a lunch date. Neither one pieced together the meetup was April 1 as the reasoning seemed sound. Erin was told by the fake assistant for Stephanie that a job would be offered. Text messages were sent to Stephanie from the fake Erin about setting up a date. Stephanie was too excited about the thought to even consider the validity of the communication.

The lunch "date" was set up at a restaurant called Bel Cibo. The Italian eatery had a European style feel in an energetic part of town. The vaulted ceiling, white table cloth, black metal accents, and top level cuisine made it a burgeoning hot spot for fun get togethers and meaningful events.

Stephanie was very excited for what she perceived as a first date with the much younger Erin. She was thankful she had recently gotten her hair done in a neat fade. The look was decidedly masculine, yet the wave up top and neat distinctive line was still overtly feminine.

Paired with her favorite cologne and business attire of navy blue sweater, collared white shirt underneath, gray pants, and brown shoes she felt ready to be herself with the gorgeous young woman who Stephanie thought was meeting her for a date.

As she sat down at the white cloth table and ordered a couple of waters, Stephanie tried to calm her nerves. She had tried for months to flirt with the gorgeous waitress at the stuffy golf clubhouse for months but every effort seemed to fall flat. There was just something about Erin's simple and elegant feminine energy that drove Stephanie wild and made her lose all train of thought.

She sipped on her glass of water and casually looked at her designer watch for any sign of the young woman of her dreams.

She spotted Erin walk through the doorway and stood to motion her to the table across the restaurant.

Stephanie could feel her heart leap into her chest as she laid eyes on the young woman. Erin's smile radiated all the way across the restaurant and was accented with red lipstick. Her light brown hair was halfway down her back with soft waves danced with every step she took.

The outfit she was wearing caused Stephanie to almost gasp. She had only seen her in the unflattering waitress uniform she wore at her place of employment.

The 22 year old had on a hip hugging black wiggle skirt that ended just past the knee. A white blouse top made of thick material and a tan cardigan that draped down nearly the length of the skirt gave the young woman a subtly sexually flirty glow that Stephanie found magnetic.

The thick collar buttoned up blouse had the top two buttons undone and hinted at the tiny cleavage of Erin's small breasts.

Each step in her black heels with bag in tow caused another set of eyes around the restaurant to dart over in Erin's direction.

Stephanie started the introduction to try to stave off her nerves, "Nice to meet up with you Erin. Glad we could make this happen. You look fantastic."

Erin moved towards her seat but not quickly enough to avoid the chair being pulled out for her by Stephanie. The young woman furrowed her brow slightly at the awkward introduction for a job interview, "Oh, thank you. What can I say? I can clean up when needed."

Stephanie reseated herself across the table as the waiter took their drink order.

"I will have water. Thank you."

Stephanie scoffed, "Erin, it's on me. Please, have a drink. They have an absolutely lovely selection of wine. Do you like red or white?"

Erin's eyes darted side to side as she wondered what kind of job interview she was on, "Are you sure we can do that? In the middle of the day?"

Stephanie's attempted cool demeanor was shook, "Oh, I'm sorry Erin. I just thought you might like something. I didn't know you don't drink."

"I do drink...it's just.."

"Midday, oh right. So sorry."

"It's okay. I just want to have my wits about me. A few glasses and I won't sound too impressive."

Stephanie knew when to cut her losses in sales pitches, "Water sounds absolutely lovely. I think I will try one of those too."

The waiter left as confused as possible and returned with drinks moments later.

As the two women perused the menu, Stephanie offered, "They have an absolutely lovely selection of food here. Really anything is amazing. There is a real authentic feel to everything they make here. I think they have some of the best pasta in town."

Erin nodded her head as she wondered when Stephanie would start talking about the job position, "I see plenty of delicious options. I just want to say thank you for the meeting today. I certainly hope we can be a match."

Stephanie's eyes lit up. She couldn't believe Erin had such a generous amount of interest in her. Reflexes took over and she reached her hand across the table and clasped the young woman's hand, "Erin, I'm sure we will be a great match. I have had quite the crush on you for some time and I'm very glad to know you feel the same way too."

The way the soft ocean blue eyes from the gorgeous young woman looked at her gave Stephanie an immediate pit in her stomach.

The recoiling of her hand from the clasp of the older woman confirmed her fear.

"Stephanie, I'm sorry what did you say? I thought I was interviewing for a job today?"

Shock ripped through her body as a redness filled her cheeks, "Oh Erin, I'm sorry but I thought you texted me for a date."

Confusion abounded, "A date? Your assistant told me it was a job interview."

The waiter arrived for the food order at that moment as the two women worked to try to not make a scene in the wayward moment.

Stephanie ordered the eggplant parmesan. Erin ordered the baked ziti.

The waiter departed and Stephanie pulled out her phone and pulled up the text messages from the fake Erin, "Is this your number?"

A shocked Erin said, "Oh my goodness, no that isn't. What is wrong with people? Is this the number to your office?"

Stephanie glanced at Erin's phone, "No, that's not a number I've ever seen before."

Both women had an unspoken fear ripple through them of the possibility of them being stalked.

They looked around the crowded restaurant for any sign of a nefarious person.

Stephanie then noticed at the very far end of the bar on the opposite side of the restaurant we're two of her co-workers: Gary and Todd.

Her heart sank as she saw the two childish men scatter away from view. Humiliation and anger bubbled up inside her. She tried to control the feelings to not upset Erin.

She sighed, "I'm so sorry."

"What is it?"

"Two jackasses from my work are here. I'm so sorry, Erin."

Erin tried to covertly glance around the restaurant for any sign of the men, "That was a very mean thing for them to do to you."

"I want to smack them. They need to mind their own business. Look, we were here on different premises. If you need to leave, I would completely understand. I'm so sorry."

Erin smirked and took a sip of water, "Well...could you get me a job? I would very much like to get in at a company like yours."

Stephanie leaned back in her chair, "I'm the highest producing salesperson there. If you want a support spot, I could certainly make that happen."

The young woman nodded her head affirmatively, "Good, I can start as soon as possible. Now that we have settled that, I think we need to celebrate. Maybe a glass of white wine does sound good."

That was all of the opening Stephanie needed and she quickly ordered a bottle for the two of them to share with their food.

The early afternoon melted away easily as the two women talked, ate, and drank. The awkwardness of their meetup had drifted away and while they weren't on an official date both of them could feel a flicker of romance spark as their laughter and easy conversation continued to flow.

Stephanie paid for everything and was reluctant to settle up the bill in case it meant the gorgeous Erin was going to depart, "Thanks for the lovely chat and understanding about everything. Sorry again about earlier."

Erin brushed her hair back over her shoulder as she readjusted her cardigan to head back outside in the early April temperatures, "Oh, yes indeed. I was just thinking of stopping by a few antique shops since I never get to this part of town. I certainly wouldn't mind your discerning eye. Or at least try your best to tell me what not to purchase."

The request was enough to cause Stephanie's heart to nearly leap out of her chest, "I think I can make time for that."

Quickly, she paid and soon they went across the street to an antique shop. The hardwood floors creaked and the narrow lanes were lined with all sorts of knick knacks and heirlooms and was the type of place both of them loved to explore.

"Erin, what do you look for in a place like this?

Stephanie couldn't help but glance down at the young woman's lovely round ass held tightly by her skirt.

"Odds and ends things. I just love old pictures, art, just anything that I don't actually need. How about you?"

She wanted to make a remark of only wanting one thing in the store: Erin. Instead she opined, "I just always love to see the craftsmanship of everything. I have always appreciated things from past generations."

The two women perused the store bantering about different items and all the while building a tone that was devilishly close to outright flirting.

In the end, Erin and Stephanie both talked each other out of buying various items and they left the store empty handed.

Stephanie feared another point of the day where the young, gorgeous woman would want to depart her company, "You know if you wanted to go somewhere and not buy anything, we could have just gone to the Art Institute downtown. Nothing can be purchased there."

"I can window shop there in the gift shop with the best of them. Don't doubt me on that."

"I would like to see you try."

A playful jab on the arm from the young woman let Stephanie know to lead the way to her car.

Her car was a silver BMW 8 Series convertible. The top was up but the impressive vehicle still stood out. Stephanie opened the passenger side door for the girl she hoped she was on a date with.

Once both women were inside, Stephanie began the drive to the Art Institute and she was thrilled that the younger Erin had agreed to go. She wanted to lower the top and let everyone see the beautiful woman she had in her passenger seat but the slightly coolness of April 1 prevented that, "I just got this out of storage last week. I will spare you the winds and keep the top up."

Erin shifted in the comfortable leather seat and smiled at the confident driver, "I'm sure you do like tops down."

Stephanie's eyes got wide as she tried to hold back a lustful comment but couldn't stop herself, "I only do that on a date."

Erin fell silent as the awkwardness permeated the car and she looked out the window as the vehicle made its way through the city.

Stephanie could have spiked her head on the steering wheel out of frustration but calmed herself down, "I'm sorry, Erin. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm having a great time."

"You don't need to apologize. I'm having a good time too. I just...look...I don't want to lead you on."

Stephanie's heart sank. She had done it again and got into the friend zone with a gorgeous straight girl, "You don't need to worry about that."

Erin interrupted, "No, Steph, listen. I mean, I think I'm possibly...maybe...interested. I mean...I'm here right? Or, I mean, I have never been anywhere with a woman before."

Silence fell over the car. Stephanie could feel the high stakes wager weigh on her soul. She could go all in on the stunningly gorgeous girl who might be interested in her. Or she could play it safe with her heart and allow only friendship.

She knew massive heartbreak was possible. She knew the odds that a princess like Erin actually deciding to move forward was a risky idea.

She also knew she had to take the chance.

She asked herself when would be the next chance that a woman she had a crush on would even entertain staying at a lunch that was setup as a ruse? Or want to go antiquing? Or go to an art museum?

The answer Stephanie gave herself, and hoped it wasn't just a lie she wanted to believe, was that Erin actually did like her even if didn't have the courage to truly move forward.

Stephanie broke the silence, "I'm not afraid of any of that. Look, let's just hang out and see what happens. We don't need to put any labels on anything. Why not just have some fun?"

The answer was part lie and part truth. She knew if the young woman rejected her that it would be devastating.

Erin's smile reassured her, "Good, and I will pay for admission to the Art Institute being as you paid for lunch and you're getting me a job."

Stephanie laughed to not cry about the thought of not being with Erin but still seeing her everyday at work, "Deal but I might need an annual pass in that case to make up for lunch."

The duo arrived at the Art Institute and spent the next couple of hours perusing different exhibits. The conversation and demeanor of both was light and fun with shared observations and laughs permeating their time together.

There were multiple times Stephanie wanted to take Erin's hand as they strolled side-by-side through the exhibits. It would have felt so natural but her fear of putting her off kept her from it.

The conversations between the two of them felt so simple and easy for Stephanie. She didn't care about what pretense they started with earlier in the day. The truth was she was falling for the beautiful brown haired girl she was galavanting around town with.

She knew she had to try to gently push Erin in the direction of being more open to explore whatever attraction she might have. As they were finishing up in the Art Institute, she took her shot, "You know, there is an incredibly fun bar we could hit up on our way back before I drop you off."

Erin demurred, "Aren't you getting tired of me yet?"

Stephanie wanted to kiss her to show her how she felt, "I think I can put up with you for a little bit longer. Let's go before I reconsider."

The duo exited the grand museum and before long were at the bar.

Elevate was the bar of choice for Stephanie. The rustic looking bar emulated thoughts of a mountain ski lodge.

Hardwood floors throughout, beams on the ceiling, comfortable booths offered privacy, and a dance floor in the center of the bar offered opportunity to get close to her potential date.

The bar was getting busy and it was noticeable how more than a few heads turned towards Stephanie and Erin as they entered.

While Stephanie was hopeful some of those head turns were meant for her, she knew the majority were for the young woman next to her.

The attention seemed to get to Erin as a slight reddish tone appeared on her cheeks.

They were shown to a booth and they both placed drink orders. Stephanie ordered a beer and Erin a hard cider.

Stephanie playfully teased, "I never would have guessed you would get a beer."

"Cider isn't beer, beer. It's actually good."

"Beer is good too...eventually."

Erin rolled her eyes, "So, tell me what should I expect here? I've never been."

"To a gay bar? Really?"

"No, never."

Stephanie looked around and waved her hands towards Erin as she hesitated to get out of the booth, "Let me show you then what a good time we can have here. I love this bar as it reminds me of my home in New Mexico."

She went to the DJ booth and handed a $20 bill and instructed the music to be changed.

As the bar favorite Shania Twain song "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" pumped through the speakers, Stephanie clasped Erin's hand and semi-dragged her out of the booth to join her on the dance floor.

"This right here is part of the required experience. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules."

Erin just shook her head and laughed as they began to dance.

They stayed on the dance floor song after song and danced closer together.

Stephanie couldn't handle not touching the beautiful woman in front of her and instinctively put her hands on Erin's hips as she swayed to the beat.

Erin closed her eyes as she looked away and slowly backed into the arms of Stephanie and softly grinded her ass into her.

Ctus
Ctus
263 Followers