April on TV

Story Info
How to be hired as a TV reporter.
1.7k words
3.96
14.5k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ValoryG
ValoryG
286 Followers

Alec Barkley has a dilemma: Out of journalism school for four years, he's taken jobs as a TV reporter in two smaller markets: first, in Dayton, Ohio and then a small move upward to Spokane, Washington.

Alec has done pretty well - the station managements have thought well of him, he's good-looking and personable, he has a good broadcasting voice, and he's reliably well-versed and interested in the stories he covers - even if they only involve adopting dogs at the SPCA.

As a single guy, Alec doesn't have family obligations holding him to one area of the country.

Alec, like so many young broadcast personalities, yearns for the big time. And for whatever serendipitous reasons, he's set his sights on working in Minneapolis. So he diligently sets out to research the broadcasting environment there, and eventually sends some of his on-air DVD reporting samples to news departments in the Twin Cities, along with his resume, of course.

Alec is very happy when one of the stations, KMNL (K-Minnesota-Live) responds favorably.

As mentioned, Alec is good-looking. According to consumer polls conducted by the station in Spokane, he comes across on TV in a way that resonates well with both men and women. He doesn't have rugged looks or a square jaw, he doesn't sport thin beards, and at age 27 he still has a little baby fat in his cheeks. He stands about five feet eight and lets his hair grow longer than most men. There's no swagger to his style and he dresses stylishly. He exudes a smiling, positive, get-along-with-just-about-everyone attitude and is respectful toward his news anchors.

And, yes, he has a relationship with a businesswoman in Spokane, Tyler. But his career comes first, which they both acknowledge.

In his research (including communicating with an insider at KMNL), Alec learns the station has hired a female news department chief, and even though her reporting team and anchors are about half male and half female, the chief thinks that more women would increase viewership. So she has set about to accomplish that. Alec learns they were impressed with him but ... he's not a woman, so he's not called for an interview.

He streams KMNL news coverage to see who's currently on staff. The women are mostly cute young reporters with ample bosoms, and include several minority women with darker complexions. All the women's eyes are fashionably made up (perhaps maybe too made up, thinks Alec) and their hair long. They tend to be on the fun-loving, smart and occasionally sassy side.

Alec comes up with a radical idea, which he runs by his Spokane girlfriend.

"You can't be serious, Alec!!"

"I'm getting more serious by the day."

"You really think you could turn yourself into a girl reporter and pass? Like Mrs. Doubtfire in the movie? ... Your voice, your mannerisms, your beard? Do you have any idea how much work it is to put on makeup?"

"Hey, the challenge would be fun. If I can't pass as a wench, then I'll give up on the idea."

"And I suppose you want me to be your partner in crime, is that it?"

"Would ya?"

"Ha, ha, ha. Alec in a bra and wig," says Tyler, as she spends a minute walking around him, sizing him up. "I will admit you have the face for it. And your hands and feet aren't too big. But, what's in it for me?"

"You might like balling with a chick with a dick!"

"Honestly," says Tyler, "I can't picture myself doing that. But tell you what, if I turn you into an Alexa, you will need to take me out to some classy eating establishments of my choice."

"Oh, I've chosen the name April. OK if I go out with you as an April?"

"Yes, OK, as April. And, you must also buy me some expensive shoes. The best."

"OK, then, let's sit down and check out the Minneapolis reporters on DVDs I recorded. I've got to model myself after them."

"OK, April boy."

So the two embark on a makeover blitz. At first, with all the shopping, makeup instruction, and voice and movement training, Alec is somewhat overwhelmed. Initially, he lets Tyler make all the shopping and makeup decisions. But as time goes on, Alec begins to enjoy his developing image in the mirror, and begins to assert some choices of his own. He hates plain bras, and insists on fancier lace ones, and the same for panties. He learns what shades of eye shadow he likes, and what shades of lipstick.

Tyler is like a doting mother with a teenage daughter, teaching Alec the tricks of feminine attractiveness, and sexiness. And she loves her new, sexy heels.

Alec, or April, is rather neutral about the whole thing at first, but finds himself oddly attracted to this new person he sees in the mirror. Even Tyler remarks, "I think you're beginning to like April more than me!"

There's a certain eroticism in seeing yourself in the mirror with breasts and a thoroughly feminine and sexy look, and Alec finds that after a weekend "April" session, he's reluctant to return to "Alec." And yes, he and Tyler do have sex a couple times, girl to girl, lipstick to lipstick. Chick to chick (with dick).

Alec has to be very careful about removing all evidence of mascara and makeup when returning to work. At the same time, he's newly interested in soaking up all the fashion and personality differences among the female reporters he works with; they notice he's friendlier and less competitive.

Finally, he/she and Tyler decide to go on their first date to a restaurant. Alec carefully and meticulously dresses in a demure mid-length skirt, lovingly puts on his bra and wig, along with a thin sweater, and Tyler pronounces him eminently passable. He has the walk and talk down, and he actually enjoys the exposure. After a fun evening at a steak and lobster place, they return home, where Tyler gives him a faux report card with an A+ across the board.

"April, you are ready for the big time," pronounces Tyler.

Alec re-applies for a KMNL job, supplying new DVDs (even though he can't say he/she has worked anywhere) featuring "April" doing staged reporting jobs. Of course, with his/her experience he aces the mock assignments.

The resulting in-person interview at KMNL, however, has him/her quite nervous. Will they think "April's" voice is too deep? Will they see April exhibit any male qualities? Will the other reporters see through her?

He prepares ever so carefully in his Minneapolis hotel room. There's his/her carefully chosen, semi-sexy bra, with falsies (he enjoys feeling its straps and makes it tighter in back than necessary). After a shower leg shave, there's the gaff to contain and hide his dick, and subtly patterned and tight pantyhose. There's a cute, well-fitted but somewhat plain dark blue dress that does show off his/her bosom.

Then it's time for the finishing touches: after a very close facial shave, there's expertly applied makeup, giving his/her skin a slightly deeper tone. Tasteful lipstick. Mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow. And some eyebrow pencil to provide "that TV reporter look." Finally, his/her brushed-out deep-brown wig and dark-blue two-inch heels to match the dress. A look in the mirror tells him/her that April looks like one of the KMNL reporters. "Damn, I could fall in love with myself," April whispers.

After the interview, where April was interviewed by two women and a guy, he/she returns to the hotel, feeling thoroughly like April, and celebrates with a meal in the upscale restaurant. She notices men looking at her, even though they're with wives or girlfriends. She loves the feeling of having breasts and long, flowing hair, and wearing sexy attire. That evening, she unpacks a good-luck gift from Tyler, and it's a wonderful embroidered nightgown. April really does like staying in character.

April returns to Spokane, and April and Tyler do yet another restaurant trip. By this time, Tyler insists that Alec remain as April whenever he's with her, " ... even if you don't want to." The thing is, though, April doesn't mind at all.

Tyler is so thrilled by April that she buys her another wig.

And she is sad when April gets the Minneapolis job and has to leave good old Spokane. There's a tearful goodbye.

April fits begins work shortly, and seems to pull off being April Dale, intrepid reporter, without a hitch. But she does notice that she doesn't quite have the woman-to-woman rapport that some of the other women reporters have together. She's not too surprised - it's something she needs to work on. She keeps letting her hair grow out until she no longer needs to wear a wig.

One day, a woman sports reporter, Briana, strikes up a conversation and invites April out for a beer. Briana has an easy athletic personality and confidence, and April wonders where in the sexual spectrum her desires lie. After a couple IPAs, Briana doesn't waste any time in explaining that she likes women and ... And, April can fill in the blanks.

Then there's a male cameraman, Arnie, who sometimes accompanies April on assignments. He's young and rangy, does his work well, and makes April look good. He finds ways to be close to her and even brush by her, and she notices the bulge in his jeans. He's married with a child, but April can see that isn't slowing him down.

"Do you come on to all your female reporters?" she asks teasingly.

"No, just a select few," he laughs.

What if Briana and Arnie knew the truth about her? How much can she tell them? Have they picked up on subtle clues and already suspect the truth?

Each night, April shops at the grocery store where a few people recognize her, then returns to her apartment, cooks supper and remains as April. She really is happier living as a woman. How come, she wonders, she never recognized that - before necessity brought about her change?

She leaves her bra on at home because she likes the feeling of having breasts, and considers having implants. Going to a specialist MD, she arranges to take small doses of hormones to make her look more like a woman. She's happier than she has ever been. But, after Tyler, she yearns to live with someone.

She pretends sometimes with a dildo that someone is penetrating her, so she can complete her trip to womanhood. She fantasizes making it with Briana or Arnie. Probably better with Briana ...

(End)

ValoryG
ValoryG
286 Followers