April's Fool Pt. 04

Story Info
The fools finale.
10.1k words
4.71
57.9k
98

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/18/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ahazura
Ahazura
1,633 Followers

Looking at the mother of my children I felt a sense of warmth and contentment, even even as I wanted to curl up and die from sadness and loss. It hadn't always been easy and there had been sorrow and heartache but there had been way more good times than bad. As I watched the casket being lowered down I thought about all the things that had brought us here. In the face of death I took time to reflect on my life and the changes that came from talking to that special woman on April Fools Day so many years ago. I thought about our fight through her drinking, her recovery, her adultery, and her cancer. These and so many things flashed through my mind. I was almost overwhelmed.

---------------------------

Cancer.

The word is relatively simple. Two syllables. Easy definition. The disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.

The feelings that word can invoke, however, are anything but simple.

I stood there holding my sobbing wife. Even when she was being a bitch April had a certain attitude about her that made it seem like she could conquer anything. This broken woman I was holding had none of that spark.

"What am I gonna do Bill?" she sobbed.

"First you're going to remember that we're a team, so it is what are WE gonna do? Second you are gonna calm down and explain how you went from fertility testing to cancer victim in the span of one day." I replied.

She looked at me through her tear stained eyes and wrapped me in the tightest embrace.

"The doctors wanted to do an ultrasound as part of my fertility checkup. They found a bunch of growths in my uterus. I am scheduled for a MRI next friday to get more information but they told me with the amount of growths that I should prepare myself for the worst" she sobbed.

I held her and stroked her hair while whispering that it would all be okay. I felt another pair of arms wrap around me and I knew that Beth was in this with us. April started to calm down and the three of us went and sat at the kitchen table.

"Okay, here is what we do. First let's not push the panic button. We are going to get you in for more tests as soon as possible so we know exactly what we are dealing with. Second, remember that you are young and healthy. And third, we have money. As crude as it is to say we can afford the very best health care and treatments for you. We caught this early and we can beat this" I said as I tightened my embrace. The three of us held there for a few moments before the sniffling subsided and we were all able to calm down. I felt doubts creeping up and I squashed them as hard as I could. We were going to win this fight!

Over the next two weeks we went to over twelve doctor's appointments. As far as I understood April had some decent sized tumors in her uterus that would make childbirth impossible. While there were smaller ones on her ovaries, the fertility doctor seemed to think that her eggs would be fine. After a long determination, we decided to have April take a couple rounds of fertility drugs to get her to produce eggs we could freeze and hopefully work something someday down the road.

A week before her hysterectomy April had swung by my work to pick me up for lunch. She was looking every inch the hottie that she was and I admit to taking pride in my beautiful wife. As she was walking up to me I felt someone standing at my back.

"Nice to see your wife again, cuck ... I mean Chuckles." I heard Brent say in a low voice.

"Excuse me?" I asked. I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Benny found out your wife likes to sample other platters at your company mixers. I gotta get an invite to one of those things if she is on the menu." he said with a smirk.

Before I could twist to pop him one, April had sauntered over to me and snaked her arm thru mine.

"Ready to go, big boy?" she asked, oblivious to the tension.

Brent reached out his hand.

"Nice to see you again, April. I see you have climbed the corporate ladder these last couple years. It must be nice to have friends in high places."

"Yes, it is," she responded lightly. "It is so tough to be upwardly mobile when you are cuffed to handrail with your pants down, metaphorically speaking. Thankfully I have never had that problem." she added with a light laugh.

Brent turned about three shades of red.

"You're funny, that's where Bill here must get his sense of humor. Lately all the sales people have taken to calling him cuck ... I mean Chuckles." he responded.

April looked at me quizzically and her arm tightened around mine. I could tell she didn't get the joke but she must have seen that I was about ready to do something rash. She gave me a very warm kiss and smiled.

"Feed me big boy, your woman is hungry." she said.

Brent reached into his pocket and pulled out a 20-dollar bill. He grabbed my other hand and slapped it into my palm.

"Buy your wife a couple scotches on me. I've heard how much that loosens her up." he smirked then turned quickly and walked away before I could say anything.

As I went to chase after him April grabbed me and held me back.

"Bill can we please just go? Please?" she begged. She looked like she was ready to cry.

I looked around and all my co workers were studiously avoiding looking at either of us. I gave April a soft kiss and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Yeah baby let's get out of here." I responded.

======

"You need to quit," she said as we were driving to lunch. "Today is going to be a good day for you."

"I'm not quitting babe, if I quit then those asshats win. I'm not gonna let them make remarks about you though. Brent is getting a beat down. Where are we going to eat?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I made reservations at Le Chic. We are meeting Daddy and Barb. There are a few things we need to discuss," she replied.

That sounded ominous.

She turned and looked at me.

"Bill, how can I make this up to you? I had no idea that your workplace would find out about my stupidity," she said with tears in her eyes.

"April, what did you think would happen? The way we hooked up was due to you knowing Brent from work. It's not just my work, but all of your vendors know. This is just another thing we have to deal with," I said with some asperity.

As much as I was over her infidelity, it still would get me angry at times. Not enough to yell and scream and not nearly enough to leave her but enough for me to be cross for a bit. I didn't feel guilty at all for snapping at her during those times. Actions have consequences. I know she was drunk and wouldn't have done it had she been sober and I truly felt I HAD forgiven her, it was just tough to forget sometimes. I took a deep breath.

"April baby, I love you and I want to be with you forever. Continuing to talk about this is just going to open old wounds. I promise if it gets bad enough I will contact our therapist again okay? Now what am I walking into with this lunch?" I asked, trying to change the subject. I knew something was up because she looked down at her hands really quick.

"Daddy is going to ask you to join the board of directors." she said quickly. "Don't turn it down without hearing what he has to say, please! The board needs new blood, I was able to start turning some stuff around and now that I'll be out with this cancer stuff we need you to keep it going. Plus, you have 35 percent of the shares of the company and you can't just leave them sit there doing nothing."

"They weren't doing nothing, I let you vote them by proxy so you could run roughshod over the old farts." I replied with a small grin.

"And it worked! We are on the cusp of some decent changes that will bring us into the 21st century! We just need you to push them through. We'd also like to see you come up with some of your own ideas" she said. It was fun watching her get excited about the changes being made at her workplace. Lately she had been equal parts distressed and despondent not only about her cancer but also about what it meant for us to have a child. For that reason alone, I would listen.

We parked and walked over to Le Chic, a new French restaurant in Midtown. It had a nice ambiance and I hoped it would make a go. Contrary to what everyone sees as a pock mark of a city, Detroit was making a comeback. There were pockets of middle to high class areas that were expanding. In a few more years I figured things would be back to more stable footing and I was excited to see the changes.

Surprisingly I saw Barb, April's common law step mother, first. I could never say no to her and I think Steve and April knew it, they were bringing out the big guns. Steve came and sat down just as we were getting ready to order.

"I can tell by the look on her face that April has already spilled the beans, so tell me what you think." Steve started with no preamble. We had actually gotten along really well since I came back from Belize. I wouldn't consider him a friend quite yet but I could sit down and have a nice conversation with him.

"I think you guys are crazy, I'm an IT guy and you want me making multi-million dollar decisions based solely on the fact that I'm married to your daughter. I don't think that the other board members will go for it. Even if they did allow me to sit in, why would they take anything I say seriously? All of us would know that I'd be in way over my head. I couldn't command the respect needed" I replied.

"Good points, now let me address them," Steve said. "As for you being an IT guy that works into our plan well. We hired an external review of our business and inventory control, it turns out that processing was our number one problem. We paid almost a hundred thousand dollars for them to go through Livingstone Steel and let us know our strengths and weaknesses. That type of cash outlay got the attention of the board and everyone is now happy to make changes. The problem is that no one knows the new technology, this is where you come in. Your tech experience will give you credibility with the Board of Directors. About the nepotism point, get over it. You really think that all these high-ranking board members are there because they earned it? Not a chance. They got into their position and learned on the job. As for dealing with the non-technical issues before the Board I suggest you talk to them like you talked to me the first time I offered you a job. Powerful, blunt, and with more than a touch of asshole. I know you have it in you and it will serve you well. Plus, if you say yes, April will allow you to vote her shares by proxy so you will be able to do whatever you need to anyway." He took a drink of his coffee.

"Needless to say, you will have both April and I to bounce ideas and questions off of." he continued.

I thought about it. I had some fears and doubts but nothing I couldn't handle. The more I thought about it the more fun I thought it would be. I was pretty much stuck at my current job and this was a chance to see if I could play with the big dogs. This was one of the main reasons I truly loved my wife. Before we got married I would have been finding all sorts of reasons to avoid even thinking about the decision. Now I was pretty sure I was at least willing to give it a go. There were a few ideas already percolating in my head.

"How much power will I have?" I asked.

"As much as you need." was his response. "With you voting April's shares by proxy you will have 70% control. Keep in mind if you start pissing off Board members they can make things tough so I would urge you to tread carefully, but ultimately you are the the boss. If you need to hire somebody, you hire them, same goes for firing people. It looks like you already have some ideas so let's hear them."

We spent the next hour discussing the review, when lunch was over I had a few really good ideas and was excited to get started. As we went to leave Barb gave me a hug and looked at me intently.

"Remember what April did when she got into this job. You have to be stronger. Don't forget what is important. You guys should sell the company before you get back to that state. Nothing is worth losing family." she told me.

As she turned to leave she almost stumbled over Steve. He was on one knee and had an open ring box in his hand.

"Barbara Lewis, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" he said hesitantly.

I have mentioned before that Barb was a big, solid woman. Not fat or ugly, she was just solid. That is why it was so odd to hear a girlish squeal come from her. Everyone took that as a yes.

Riding back to the office my mind was going a hundred miles an hour with ideas. I was thinking so hard I didn't notice anything April was doing until she cleared her throat loudly. Looking over I about got in an accident. She had unbuttoned her blouse down low enough that I could see she was wearing a lacy white bra. There was a very generous amount of cleavage showing and she was running her hands over her tits.

"Pull into the next hotel. I need to fuck the big boss man. Hopefully if I do a good job I will get that promotion I am looking for." she said breathily.

It took me a moment to figure out what was going on but I got into it.

"I have to tell you that the interview process for the promotion is going to be a long and hard. You are going to have to show that you can give your all and take any load handed to you with no complaint." I told her with a smarmy grin.

"I think I am up for the job, my dick taking, I mean, dictation skills are above average and I am not afraid to get right in there and get my hands dirty if that is what it takes" she said with a smile.

I pulled into the next hotel and paid for a room. Within minutes we were naked and going at it. It was a nice, fun fuck. Ater we were both spent April cuddled into me and looked up with what seemed to be unshed tears.

"I want to tell you something and I want you to listen the whole way through." she took a long pause. "Throughout this relationship you have been the better person," she started.

I went to interrupt but she put her hand over my mouth.

"Let me finish, as I was saying, you have been the better person. I want you to know that starting now and especially after my surgery and chemo I plan to put all my effort into being someone worthy of you. We have frozen eggs and hopefully they will someday become our children, I will do everything I can to be the best wife and mother there ever was. I also want to beg you not to let the company overtake your life like it did mine. If the whole thing crashes and burns but we are still together I am calling it a win."

I gave her a long kiss and hugged her tighter to me.

"Baby we are gonna be fine. You are gonna beat the cancer and we are going to find a surrogate for our children. Then you are going to be the world's best soccer mom slash executive while I struggle to figure things out. We will have a big house with a large yard for the kids to play in and eventually be those old people who are still fucking like rabbits when they are in their 80's" I told her.

She smiled.

"That is a wonderful picture. Let's do that."

-----

They fired me.

I was told that if I was looking for other work then I couldn't be trusted around the sensitive information, like we were dealing in state secrets. I was going to be mad until I realized I would have a week with my wife and Beth to get things around for her surgery. Frankly we hadn't needed the money I brought in ever since we got married. But I had my degree and I mostly liked my job. Also, I didn't feel right being a kept man. We spent the week touring the state of Michigan. We went to Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids for their butterfly display. We hit the Sleeping Bear Dunes on our way to Mackinac Island. Basically, we spent the week just being together, the three of us. It didn't happen on the trip but there was a definite undercurrent of sexual tension between us all. Instead of worrying and obsessing about it like I would normally do, I laid back and tried to enjoy it. It felt exactly like that time period when you are dating and you want things to go farther but you don't want to push. The women didn't make it any easier in their thin sundresses and the physical proximity to each other. We got back the day before April's surgery and got all of her stuff around. I came down the stairs of our apartment and saw the two of them in an embrace with tears rolling down their faces.

"What's up ladies?" I asked, cautiously.

"Sit Bill," Beth commanded me. "And you need to listen."

April walked over and sat on one of my knees. Beth came and sat on the other.

"Bill, regardless of what happens tomorrow Beth wants to be the surrogate for our children. We can thaw some of my eggs and fertilize them in vitro and have her carry them. If I survive we will work out custody arrangements. I know we both want Beth to be part of our lives and our children's lives. If the worst happens, I would hope that you would accept everything Beth has to offer as a wife, mother, and lover. If I survive we need to talk about the three of us and our future. Right now you two need to talk and I need to get some rest. Goodnight." She kissed my forehead and walked upstairs.

Beth looked at me with a half grin.

"So, this is awkward eh?" she said with a nervous giggle.

I smiled.

"It doesn't need to be. Let's grab some pops and head out to the patio." I replied.

We cracked open our pops and sat in companionable silence for a little bit before talking.

"Bill, I love you and April. I will also admit to being IN love with the two of you. I know April has told you about our history. Frankly part of the reason that we stopped being lovers was because April was so self-centered. She was a good and generous person but everything was filtered through the lens of how it affected April. Since she's been with you she's chilled out a lot. You have the ability to support her without being a doormat. Did you know you were the first boyfriend who dumped her? And the way you handled her cheating. She knows you love her but she also has told me many times that she knows if she screws up again you are gone. I want in on that. Up until she went to that stupid mixer April and I talked about trying a polyamorous relationship with the three of us. Mostly it was in jest but I got to thinking that it would be wonderful. We haven't even breathed a word of it until this last week because you guys had to work on your relationship and then the cancer stuff came up. Regardless of what happens I WANT to be the surrogate for you guys. I will claw the eyes out of anyone who tries to take that away. So, there we go. What are you thinking?"

I rocked back a bit. Hearing Beth say she loved me hit me harder than I thought it would. I didn't realize it until just that moment but I really did love her. The love I had with April was like fire and ice, being with her was extreme and in your face and wonderful. With Beth that love was solid, rock steady, unyielding. I loved two women. Normally this would be a huge problem but it sounds like we had options. I wanted to concentrate on one thing at a time though.

"I love you too Beth, I don't know where we go from here but the thought of you not being in our lives is unacceptable to me. Right now, we need to focus on April and getting her through this surgery and chemo. After that the three of us will sit down and figure out what we need to do. Let's go snuggle up to our wife and make sure she is set." I replied.

Beth stood up and gave me a big hug. I leaned down a bit and kissed the top of her head.

"Not even a kiss until the three of us are on the same page, okay? You have to help me out here." I murmured with a smile.

We went upstairs and joined April in our bed. The two of us snuggled into her sleeping form and we woke up in a tangle of limbs and hair. The smile on April's face upon waking up with the two of us was radiant.

Ahazura
Ahazura
1,633 Followers