Aquae Sulis Pt. 01

Story Info
A tale of Ancient Love.
1.4k words
3.58
19.2k
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/17/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aquae Sulis A Tale of Ancient Love

Part One

The richest of Rome came here to worship at the temple of Sulis, the Goddess of the healing waters. The town was rather large and the center of the town contained the temple complex, acres of pools, gardens, and Sleeping quarters for the Servants of Sulis and her faithful votaries, all of whom were females.

Males were not allowed in the complex unless they were totally naked and fitted with a device that kept them chaste, unable to molest any female with their penis. Men volunteered to serve at the complex for several reasons, it was a life job with retirement benefits; and you were surrounded with women who freely offered their bodies for sex, to orgasm for Sulis was an offering for her favors.

Aquana rose from her soft bed as the morning sun streamed through the window, the room was bathed in the dancing light as it passed through her several large glass dildoes standing in her window sill. The dildoes were made by the local glass blowers, solid with ribs on the surface and very large.

Aquana selected one and returned to bed; she began to masturbate herself to several orgasms while praying to Sulis to bring her lover Marcus from Rome, to be with her forever at Aquae Sulis.

Aquana left her room with her toga slung over her shoulder and joined several friends for a morning meal, warm sun and a slightly cool breeze made for a pleasant time; with nipples firm in the breeze.

Several guards walked by, their hard muscular bodies causing some comment from some ladies, one whispered how she would love a certain one that excited her, without the penis guard in place.

Aquana suggested as long as he caused wetness in her she should use her glass penis and offer orgasms to Sulis and the Goddess might grant her request.

"I offered four to Sulis this morning as I do every morning and evening" she said, "What do you think glass and olive oil is for?" The group giggled and proceeded to the bath.

Marcus hated this time of the year because his love Aquana and many other women of Rome's upper classes left for the temple at Aquae Sulis; to serve the Goddess.

Men were not permitted to serve Sulis, but could serve the women as slaves or husbands if locked in chastity permanently.

Marcus decided that being chaste with Aquana was better than being without her, he left by boat to join his love at Aquae Sulis. When he arrived he hired a guide to show him the town, they went to the baths to relax, the guide told him, "The water here is the overflow from the temple complex where the women who worship Sulis live."

Marcus commented," My lover is there, I have to get in to visit her, I miss her so much."

"You will be killed if you are caught there, his guide said, there is only one way to get in there alive, you must offer to serve the Women, have yourself fitted to chastity and have your lover marry you, then you can even live in town, but neither of you can ever leave Aquae Sulis, they will hunt you down and kill you."

"Help me," Marcus pleaded, "I will reward you well."

The guide took him to the temple outer office and the process started, he was inspected, interviewed and given wine to drink causing him to pass out.

A surgeon had him placed on a table then inserting a gold tube in his penis opening; he adjusted it as he pushed a red hot rod through and the lower penis wall causing a hole to be formed, a Goldsmith placed a gold ring in the hole then slipped a tube over the penis and riveted the tube and ring together.

When Marcus awoke he was taken in the temple compound to be trained in the service of women. He spent several weeks learning massage and the oral arts as he healed. He serviced several women daily for practice, and then was introduced to the glass penis. He had a leather harness fitted that held any woman's glass dildoe so he could mount her as if for normal sex while he was still chaste and unable to orgasm.

Marcus was graduated to the servant's quarters and as a new server was picked out for service by many women, as he was walking with his current mistress he saw Aquana, he looked at her, she saw him, and then she put her index finger to her lips and turned away.

The following day Aquana was first in line to pick a slave for the day, Marcus of course was her choice and they immediately went to her room.

They embraced passionately and she whispered, "MY love how did you get here?" He told her he came by boat from Rome and volunteered to be a chaste slave to the Votaries of Sulis just so he could be with her.

"I would rather serve chaste just to be with you, it is worth it even if sex is forbidden to us," he said.

"Not to me Marcus, just to you," she reminded him, "Goddess Sulis has answered my prayer; we must now offer her orgasms in return."

They fitted a glass penis to his harness and he mounted her, the dildoe found its way to her pussy and sunk in easily. He began to stroke her slowly with it and as her passion increased she orgasmed, clutching him she moaned, "faster, deeper, my love, Sulis deserves her due for delivering you to me." Aquana had several orgasms then she stopped him, and suggested they proceed to lunch.

"What's so important about lunch," Marcus asked her?

"Hurry my love, quickly , she gasped we must not miss it."

While at the meal and in the presence of other women Aquae announced "Women, I intend to take this slave as my permanent husband today, let us assemble at the altar for the vows of permanence."

Aquae and Marcus stood naked before the assembled onlookers, he took a vow of total obedience to her, and she took one of total dominance of him for the Goddess, Gold collars were riveted on their necks with a pendant showing the Goddess.

They now had privilege status; they could come and go as they pleased, even live outside the complex, and outside the complex clothing was optional for them. All who saw the collars knew that to offend or harm servants of the Goddess meant one thing, death, the temple had its agents everywhere and they were efficient and ruthless killers.

As decades passed for the couple, finally they were honored as the oldest servants of Goddess Sulis, and relieved from duty because of age.

They spent most of their remaining days in bed until they finally crossed over together, as they lived, unseperated and devoted to each other.

Marcus' final words on Earth were,"Aquana my love; will you be with me forever?" he whispered.

"Of course my beloved," she said, "Goddess Sulis has promised we will never part but for a brief moment."

As they held hands in bed she felt his hand grow colder, then he lost all strength in his grip, tears swelling in her eyes she gave him a final kiss. Her frail body collapsed on his and she breathed out, "I come to join you my love," her last words on Earth.

That evening Aquae Sulis was the scene of a terrible electrical storm, lightning flashed the sky and thunder shook the air, yet it seemed to be concentrated over the Temple complex, suddenly there was calm; and in the darkness the temple itself seemed to glow with a greenish neon type light.

Sailors who experienced this at sea dropped to their knees wailing and people were awe struck and in fear of the unknown. Suddenly from the top of the Temple a lightning bolt reached skyward from the bronze statue of Sulis' outstretched arms and then all was still.

Aquana and Marcus were found in the morning by their maid, their bodies clutched in an inseparable grasp joined in death as in life.

Roman custom was immediate cremation so they would not suffer the shame of putrification, when the solemn ceremony and funerary accompanying it was complete their ashes were deposited in a Gold Reliquary. The reliquary was deposited deep in the temple and cemented in with a simple marker with their first names Aquana Marcus.

The marker and reliquary still exist where they were first placed in Aquae Sulis, now known as Bath, England.

Part two will follow soon as "Aquae Sulis" a Sorority for modern living.