Aquata Cove Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Those Selkies, if that's what those where, could possibly be Amnien merfolk. Though they're definitely not like any mermaids Adam's ever seen, at least other than what he's already known from anywhere. He has to admit that it makes him wonder if there are any other Selkies out there. Like, are there other humanoids in a shark's skin, or someone swimming around in an orca's hide?

He kept walking around, and finally spotted the tan female. Her bright pink hair still as long as her arm, wearing a one-piece blouse-skirt that seems pretty drafty. She's talking to a boatman on the dock as their ship hoisted up a net full of fish.

"Belinda!" Adam called out, as he began to run up to her. She turned around and smiled as he came up to her.

"Adahm!" She called back as she waved her arm up back and forth.

"Ah shit!" The boatman yelped as the net full of fish suddenly clanked off the crane, and fell into the water! "Ah fuckit, Darrel!!" He shouted at the teenage boy, who looked suddenly scared.

Adam gasped and then sprinted as he saw a large splash of water jump from the impact, and land right on Belinda's shoulders, back, and some on her hair. She gasped as the water that touched her transmuted her skin into the white and pink scales. "Hang on, I got ya!" Adam said as he almost tore off his jacket, and threw it around Belinda, covering the portions of her body that got wet and exposed her true form. Her bony fingers held at the jacket, hoping that no one saw the scales.

"Goddammit, Darrel, how many fucking times do I have to tell you to put THAT into place?! Now we lost the whole fucking catch!!" The man yelled as the fish under the water swam in a frenzy from the now mangled net. Meanwhile, Adam took Belinda to a bench, and sat next to her.

"Thanks you, Adahm," Belinda said, "Der water nearly uncovered me!" She said as she clutched the jacket around her.

"Yeah, no problem," Adam said, "What were you can that guy chatting about? If you don't mind my asking."

"I ask heem of deh way heem boat move on deh water," She explained, "I ask heem about how deh way dees 'motor' work to push heem boat."

"Ah, I see." Belinda spotted the damp, darkened band-aid around Adam's thumb.

"Oh, you are hurt?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, just got myself bad on a hook, no big deal."

"No problems, I feex!" She said, "You have water?"

"Um... No, but there's a drinking fountain right here," Adam said.

"Ok, you, water you hand." She instructed.

"Um, alright..." Adam said as he got up to the fountain, and ran the water on his hand, until it was dripping, and he sat back down, "Ok, what now?"

Belinda then took his wet hand, and rubbed her fingers along his palm. Adam watched as she started whispering and mumbling. He then looked onto his hand, and starred as the water on his hand reformed and slide from his hand, to under his band-aid, where it darkened with the moisture. He hissed as the deep cut beneath stung and tingled. He undid the band-aid and to see the gash on his thumb close itself shut, and sealed over itself.

"Ha, wow," Adam said with a smile, looking at his thumb, "Didn't know you can do that."

"Yes. Dat is what you calling for me, yes?" She asked curiously.

"Uh, oh no, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes? What is you wanting to ask?"

"Well, see," He motioned to the ocean, "I was looking out onto the buoy, and I saw this couple – a guy and a girl – and they were sitting on the buoy with a couple of seals nearby, and then they kinda... Covered themselves up with a blanket or something, and I think they turned into seals themselves-"

"Ah! Yous speak of deh Selkies!"

"Oh, so that IS what they're called. Are they merfolk too?"

"Yes dey are! Dey are most curious and strange Amnien merfolk! Dey choose to be one, or deh oder of seal, human."

"So, what, they're not like any other merfolk? Do they hunt or trade with others?" Belinda shook her head.

"No no no, dey do not. Dey chose to live among oder seals, or among deh humans. Dey do not interest for deh customs and traditions of oder merfolk. Dey are descendants of indecisive peoples of deh water, so dey do not have one form.

"Ah, I see. Now, are there OTHER types of these Selkies? Like, do others look like sharks, orcas, or any other sea creature?"

"Eef dere are, we do not know. We know only of seal Selkies. As far as anyones knows, dere is only one kind of Selkie in deh ocean."

"Ok. I also read that if a Selkie loses their seal skin, they can't go back into the ocean. Is that true?"

"Yes, tis very true! Dey need seal skin to be in deh ocean, or dey be trapped by deh lands."

"And I've ALSO read that if a human were to steal a Selkie's skin, they'd be forced to live as that human's lover, is THAT true?" Belinda laughed at that remark.

"You is funny, Adams! Hehehe!" Adam chuckled, but couldn't help but feel a little mocked, "A Selkie is trapped land widdout dere skin, but I neber heard of one being forced to love deh humans!"

"I see..." He said before he got up, and accepted his jacket back; the spots where the water landed on Belinda had dried up and reverted to skin, "Oh yeah, and here," Adam then dug into the pocket of his coat, pulling out a pair of FishHouse tins, "I swiped you some sardines." Belinda beamed, clapped her hands and eagerly snatched up the tins.

"Oh you is nice for deh treats, Adam!" She said with excitement.

"No problem... Oh, heads up, Herald's coming."

"Oh!" She quickly slipped the tins into her small, yellow glittery purse, and jumped up to greet the man, "Ello Herald!"

"Hey, sweetheart, been looking for you." He wrapped his arm around her, and kissed her lips, "Ready for our date?"

"Yes, was waitin for you, Herald!" She said, beaming.

"Ok, lets go, babe. See ya, Adam." He said as he and Belinda walked off.

"Later," As he watched them leave. He chuckled as he shook his head, "They make a good couple. Wonder when she's gonna tell him that she's a mermaid..."

---Hours Later---

Adam sighed as he sat at the edge of a small cliff, over the ocean; it's a nice diving part for when someone feels like swimming around the shore here at his place. He sat there, starring at the moon. It's been about 4 months since Merrick's pod took off. About 2 more to go, give or take.

The news says there's gonna be a Lunar Eclipse tonight. He remembers Merrick saying something about the red moon influencing merfolk. He said it makes merfolk sexually active. He chuckled and groaned as he wished that merman was here, horny, naked, rubbing himself up against him.

Adam chuckled as he felt himself tent his pants, "Damn, I miss him..." He muttered. The man stood himself up, and dusted off his pants before turning around and walking into his house.

12