Arewyn Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You've got good taste in music, as well as a great sound, David," I said, "Have you ever thought of forming a band and playing out in the clubs around Dublin?"

"It's funny ya should say that, sir," he proudly replied smiling, "It just so happens that I belong to a band and we've got a gig tonight at a place called, "Boomerangs" in the basement of Dublin's Temple Bar. You and Miss Arewyn should come and hear us. It's going to be a gas, mate."

~~~~~~

That night after picking up Arewyn, Izzy had already gone ahead early with her friends, we went to an early dinner back at Cusack's where Robert worked part time. Arewyn was dressed to the nines, I might add. She wore a black miniskirt, giving me a spectacular view of her legs, and a tight sleeveless top, unbuttoned far enough to just barely display the top of her creamy breasts.

"You look very beautiful tonight," I warmly said, "And I love you with all my heart."

"This all fer you, Michael," she sweetly replied, "And I love you with all of me heart, too."

~~~~~~

As we were sitting in the restaurant enjoying our meal we were approached by a couple that looked to be roughly the same age as me. Imagine my surprise when Arewyn stood, and after hugging them both, said, "William and Alice Kelly, allow me to introduce Izzy's father, Mister Michael Henson."

"Michael," Arewyn smiled, "This is William and Alice Kelly. They're Roberts Mum and Da."

"Where are my manners?" I smiled, rising from the table to shake hands with William, "Let me be the first to tell you what a very kind and mannerly son you've raised. I really like him a lot...not to mention my daughter, too."

"We really like Izzy," he warmly smiled, "She's a lovely girl."

"Yes, she is," Alice grinned, "And she's so full of life, not to mention very pretty, too."

"Thank you both very much," I proudly smiled, "Please, join us...we've plenty of room."

"That's very kind," William happily grinned, "I suppose a pint or two wouldn't hurt."

~~~~~~

"So, tell me, Michael," William asked, as we dined, "What brings ya to Ireland, mate?"

"I know ya've both seen the new high rise being built near Dublin Towne Centre, yes?" Arewyn excitedly replied, they nodded, "Michael is the man who designed it. Isn't that grand?"

"Oh yes," Alice smiled, subtly winking at Arewyn, "Very grand."

"So, yer an engineer then," William said, as I nodded in agreement, "Our Robert is going to University next year to study engineering ya know."

"Yes," I happily chuckled, "He told me, and I think he's a very bright, well mannered, and brilliant young man whom I know will do well. Besides that, I think he's a good looking kid, and my daughter seems to be crazy about him"

"We think so, too, Michael," Alice smiled, "But I have to tell ya that Izzy is so delightful to be around...such a lovely girl."

"Aye," William agreed, "That she is...that she is."

"Thank you both very much," I humbly replied, "It was a bit tough for both of us for a while, but we made out alright."

"Izzy told us about losin her mother," William solemnly replied, "We were very sorry to hear about that, Michael, very sorry."

"Thank you," I smiled, winking at Arewyn, "But things are much better now."

"So, how did the two o' ya meet?" Alice asked, "That is if ya don't mind talkin about it."

"Oh, that," Arewyn delightfully grinned, "He works fer Uncle Aedan."

"How is Aedan Donnelly?" William grinned, "God bless his ornery soul."

"Aunt Sara brought him home from the hospital today," Arewyn giggled, "She said that the doctor told him he was gonna hafta quit drinkin."

"She's gunna have her hands full with that one," William laughed, "Tell Aedan that I hope he's feelin better now."

"Aunt Sara told me that she's poured out all his whiskey," Arewyn replied smiling, "But I know Uncle Aedan. The man can't go a bloody day without a wee nip here or there, and he'll find a way, he will."

It was then that I discovered something about Arewyn, which I found to be absolutely adorable. Whenever she and I were alone together, her accent was noticeable, but only barely. However, when she was around her fellow countrymen, her beautiful Irish brogue came out for all to see, making my heart soar with the love that I felt for her. And in realizing this, I also found that I loved Arewyn more than I'd ever loved any women before, including my late wife. I know that sounds bad, but it is what it is.

Still though, meeting William and Alice Kelly will forever be one of my fondest memories of which I now speak. And when it came time to pay for the meals, I insisted that I be allowed to do so.

"There's no need to do that, Michael," William protested.

"Aye," Alice agreed, "No need at all."

"This is my way of thanking you." I smiled, as I handed our server my credit card.

"Thankin us?" William asked, "Fer what?"

"Because of Robert," I began, trying to maintain my composure, but failing miserably, "He brought light and laughter back into my Isabella's life...and for that I shall be eternally grateful so; once again, thank you, my friends."

"Yer ten times the man yer daughter says you are," William heartily grinned, "And yer both comin to our house fer supper soon."

"Thank you," I replied smiling, "We'd be honored."

"That settles it, then," William chuckled, "And be sure to bring a hearty appetite."

"That's not a problem with this one," Arewyn giggled, "He's always ready to eat a good meal."

"That's grand," Alice teased, giggling with Arewyn, "Ya know, it's been said that a man who has a hearty appetite at the table has a hearty appetite in other places as well."

"Alice Kelly," Arewyn gasped, blushing, "Have ya no shame, woman."

"I've known ya since ya were a wee lass, Arewyn Donnelly," Alice giggled, "So, don't be tryin to act holier than thou, girl. After all, wasn't it you that Father Thomas caught sneakin around the wine cellar when ya were but a year younger than Izzy?"

Of course I found this little tidbit of information to be absolutely hilarious, and in doing so, fell into a temporary paralysis of hysterical laughter, with William chuckling right alongside me.

"Quit yer bloody laughin, Michael," Arewyn scolded, clearly embarrassed, "It only makes her that much worse."

Needless to say, her sudden comment only fueled the fire, which made William and I laugh that much harder."

"Cheeky bastard," Arewyn suddenly giggled, our laughter rubbing off on her.

~~~~~~

Chapter Eight

When we arrived at the temple Bar, I was pleasantly shocked to find that a table had been reserved for us in the basement at Boomerang's, and that there was a young lady there waiting to escort us down to the basement, and Boomerang's.

~~~~~~

When we got to our table we found Robert and Izzy, who looked not only spectacular, but also much older than she actually was. Still though, I trusted her and knew that she was coming into her own, hence the reason I gave her as much leeway as I did.

"Hi, Daddy," Izzy smiled, hugging us as we got to the table, "Hi, Arewyn."

"Hello, my lamb," Arewyn warmly smiled, as they hugged, "You look so grown up."

"Thank you," she blushed, "David was just here and they're going to start their first set in a few minutes."

"Hello, Mike," Robert brightly smiled, "I want to thank ya fer the nice things ya said about me to me Mum and Da."

"It's not hard to tell the truth," I smiled, and then teased, "So, don't let me down, okay kid?"

Before he could respond, I heard someone speaking into the club's public address system, and say, "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, The Rats?" "The Rats?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at Izzy, "You're kidding, right?"

"Oh stop it, Daddy," Izzy giggled, "These guys are really good, just wait and see."

Suddenly five young men took the stage, David apparently the leader of the band as he stood in the front and center of the stage. Then as the applause began to die down, he looked right at me and began to smile. Then he looked at the band as they broke into Lou Reed's "Busload of Faith".

When I say that these kids could rock, that's exactly what I meant. It took less than a second before the dance floor filled with people, dancing and rocking right long with the band.

I was glad that Wendy taught me how to dance just then as Arewyn squealed and dragged me onto the dance floor right behind Izzy and Robert. It all came back to me the moment I looked into Arewyn's eyes, only to find her lost in the rhythm of the groove.

"Yeah, Daddy," Izzy loudly squealed, with delight as she watched Arewyn and I dancing together as if we'd been doing it our whole lives, "You guys rock!!!"

Although I'd never actually seen her dance before, I was thankful Izzy had inherited her mother's sense of rhythm as opposed to my two left feet. But as I said before, her mother had taught me so; why wouldn't Isabella have the same qualities as her mother?"

~~~~~~

"Whew, I haven't danced in a long time," I smiled, as Arewyn and I sat back down at our table to catch our breath, "That was fun."

"Aye," Arewyn replied, grinning from ear-to-ear, "And why did ya not tell me that ya cold dance so bloody well."

Before I could reply, Izzy and Robert came form the dance floor. And with a wild look in those beautiful bright blue eyes of hers, Izzy took my hand and said, "Come on, Daddy. Dance with me."

Just then "The Rats" made it impossible for me to refuse as they broke into Eric Clapton's "Crossroads".

"What the hell," I laughed, standing up, "Come on, baby girl."

~~~~~~

Izzy and I had danced to a couple of songs by this time, and as "The rats" broke into Otis Redding's "Sittin On The Dock of the Bay", I felt Izzy pull against me and say, "Dance this song with me, Daddy, please?"

"Okay, sweetie," I smiled, "Then I've got to take a break."

"You and Arewyn are in love, aren't you?" she asked, looking into my eyes knowing if I were to lie, "Please tell me the truth."

"Yes," I smiled, "Are you happy now, girlie?"

"Yes," she began to softly cry against my chest, "All I ever wanted was for you to be as happy as I am, Daddy, don't you understand?"

"Of course I do," I smiled, softly wiping the tears from her cheek with the back of my hand, "I'll tell you something if you promise to keep it a secret."

"What?" she sniffled, beginning to smile.

"I'm going to ask Arewyn to marry me when the project here is done."

"Really?" Izzy brightly smiled, "As in she's going to be my new Mom?"

"Would that be alright?"

~~~~~~

The story of Deirdre comes from the book "Irish Mythology" and was written by John Jacobs © 1892

The next chapter will be out shortly, MoogPlayer

1...345678