Arguments and Alterations Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

The Gamemaster sighed as he stood at the door to the manor. He hated that his master often made him wait after telling him it was the utmost importance that he perform this task immediately. And yet, time and time again here he found himself, standing in front of the manor of his master with something in his hands. Be it a lamp, a necklace, a deck of cards, or yes a board game all of them items that his master had allowed enter the human world with a specific contract for a specific purpose.

Why he even bothered was beyond the Gamemaster. Every single time without fail these objects or creatures broke their promises and contracts, which meant he had to fetch them back to stand before his master and listen to them explain themselves. It was always the same, "The power became too great," they would say, or "We didn't know what we were doing," or the Gamemaster's personal favorite, "The humans corrupted us."

Yes, he thought, humans can corrupt the best of us, but what gave them the opportunity I wonder. It was the easy way out to blame the humans, but they were not able to do much harm without a tool such as these. In the case of this one, he said looking down at the Arguments and Alterations box, I'd just as soon throw it into the depths of Tartarus. It had been the 894th time he had been sent to the human world to recover the game, albeit not necessarily this particular version. No, this particular case enjoyed re-inventing itself, which led the master to take more of an interest in it.

Re-invention, the Gamemaster could hear himself say to his master, does not necessarily change what it inherently is. Although his master never saw it that way, the Gamemaster still tried to talk sense into him. The Gamemaster was about to knock for the third time, when the doors suddenly sprang open before him. With a bow he walked inside and up the golden staircase in front of him and to the pedestal just at the top of the stairs.

Placing the game box atop the pedestal the Gamemaster retreated a short distance before a booming voice called out, "What have you brought me this time Gamemaster?"

"My master I bring Arguments and Alterations...again," the Gamemaster said trying not to hide his disdain.

"Again? That's got to be the 100th time this century, is that some sort of record?"

"If it isn't it should be," muttered the Gamemaster under his breath.

"What was that?" boomed the voice of the master.

"Nothing my master."

"Good. Then leave us, as we discuss the terms of a new agreement."

"Very well my master." The Gamemaster said bowing and turning to walk back down the golden stair case. If that doesn't make it into the human world ever again it will be too soon, the Gamemaster thought. He detested traveling to the human world, and even more so when he had to clean up another demon's mess, especially THAT demon's mess. If his master wasn't careful enough, there'd be enough people in the world with its power and that would be a whole new mess to clean up.

The Gamemaster sighed as he walked back out the front door and down to his little cottage beside the manor. "It's not for me to decide, but I have a feeling it'll be back, and I'll have to go collect it once again." And with that the Gamemaster opened the door to his cottage and closed it softly behind him, just in time to miss the flash of light signaling another deal that was made with his master.

1...345678