Army Brat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slickman
Slickman
8,173 Followers

Allan hugged her close and looked out the patio door as his daughter hugged Danny into her arms. For the first time he was not jealous or nervous about his daughter being with a boy.

*****

Ellen hugged him close not sure what to say. She heard him sniffle a few times which opened up her tear ducts.

Danny heard her crying and pushed her face back and looked into her wet eyes. "Why are you crying?"

She wiped both eyes. "Because you are sad. I don't want you to be sad." She cried. Her head moved sideways against his chest.

"Because you are here I'm not sad," he whispered. His lips kissed the top of her head. "When I'm with you I feel happy."

She moved back and wiped her eyes again. Her face moved upward to kiss him but he held her back and looked into the restaurant at their parents looking out at them.

"They can see."

"I don't care," Ellen said pulling his head and mouth down to hers.

*****

"I should be upset," Allan smiled.

"Me too," Janet grinned.

"What are we going to do about all of this?" He asked.

Janet saw the food heading their way. "Right now we eat." She walked to the door and knocked.

Ellen pulled her lips back and jumped back when she saw Danny's mother coming outside.

"Food's here."

*****

Coach Matt Wright sat in his tiny office searching through his desk for the card. "Where did I put that thing?" He asked himself. Finally in the bottom desk beneath a box of bat tape he found it. He noticed that it was almost 9:00PM on a Friday night but his old college team mate had told him to call at any time.

He pushed in the numbers and sat back in his chair.

"Hello?"

"Jim hi. This is Matt."

There was a few seconds of silence. "Matt......hey...what's up?"

"Well, a few years ago you told me to call you if a big time prospect comes up. I think I got one for you."

"Shit Matt with all of the internet stuff we know of great players when they come out of little league now a days. We probably already have him on our radar."

"I don't think so," Matt chuckled softly.

"Does this kid play for you?"

"Yes."

"So what is his batting average or win and lost? Is he a pitcher?"

"Nope, he's new and never played for me. Actually I've only seen him during a one day try out."

"Hey buddy. I thought you and I left those Friday beer drinking days back at State."

"Do you remember Josh Upton?" Matt asked with a sly grin.

"Hell yes, all baseball players know the guy who gave up a multimillion dollar paycheck to join the Army. Shit. And then he dies in an accident. Why are you asking this?"

"The kid that I'm talking about is his son Danny."

"Holy shit," Jim gasped. "Why don't I already know about him?"

"He was raised in Germany and played ball over there for his father and some base high school. I tell you Jim this kid has the sweetest swing and is a switch hitter. He has more range in the infield than any kid his age I've ever seen."

"Who else knows?" Jim said excitedly.

"No one. He is out now with an injured elbow but should be back next week. I just lost my all-state second baseman but I won't lose a minute of sleep."

"Josh Upton's son. Shit just think of the positive press if he is as good as his old man."

"Just think of the scout who discovers him and signs him," Matt laughed.

"When do you think he will be playing again?"

"We have a scrimmage in two weeks and he should be ready by then."

"I'll be there," Jim said. "Don't breathe a word of this to anyone else."

Matt chuckled. "You owe me a case of ale."

"I'll bring you a truck load if this all works out."

They said their goodbyes and Matt leaned back and put his feet on this desk. "Josh Upton's son playing for me."

End of Chapter One.

*****

Ending note: Sorry to leave you hanging like this. The story has taken a few twists. The baseball season will be starting soon and I'm sure that Todd will pop up again. Can the two couples stay together or will one of them break up to keep the other couple together? Let me know your thoughts. Your feedback and votes will tell me if I should continue this story or not. Take care.......luv ya...Slick.

Slickman
Slickman
8,173 Followers