Arrival of The RX-2000

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's personal." Josh said flatly.

"Alright...alright. I'm not one to pry." Vladmir said, starting to copy her records from that day.

It took a few minutes for the files to copy from Susan onto the computer. Vladmir slowly started to look through them.

"I am going to drop my classes today. I've got to study this data." Valdmir said.

"Okay, I'll see you this afternoon." Josh nodded, "Off to my class."

*******

It was close to dinner time and Josh returned to Vladmir's computer lab. It was a complete mess. There were papers strewn everywhere and all of the computers were seemingly going crazy. Vladmir was drawing all over a large digital board on the far wall.

"Vladmir...Vladmir, what's going on?!" Josh said, walking across the room hurriedly.

"I've done it! I've figured it all out! The data from Susan! The time traveling! I've got it all figured out...well, not figured out, but I know how we can do it again!" Vladmir cried, "Look at this! It's all here!"

He underlined a large amount of the digital board and turned to Josh.

"You what...?" Josh sighed.

"Look, if Susan can download all of this data and reproduce it. For best results, try it at a location where the space-time is already weakened and vulnerable. Where gravity is pushing hard against the fabric of the universe. Maybe...near the sun or around a black hole..." Vladmir said, losing himself in the ideas.

"Or where we've already torn through time." Susan said, "In the warehouse."

"Yes! The Fabric of Space-Time will remain weak there for a good amount of time! So how about you guys go there and travel back an hour or two and meet us here." Vladmir said, "No wait, wait, wait. If you did, then you would already be here. But you haven't yet, so you aren't here. But if you're going to...are you going to?"

"What are you talking about?" Josh asked, mildly confused.

"Go to the warehouse. Have Susan run these trials and try to travel back in time. If it works...imagine the possibilities. They're endless! A diseased woman dies and an autopsy reveals what is wrong with her. So you go back in time to tell yourself how to fix it and so the woman doesn't die! A decisive point in battle is lost, so you go back in time to tell yourself how to win it!" Vladmir cried, "Endless!"

"So wait a minute. You want us to go try and travel through time again?" Josh said, looking around at the different papers and computer screens.

"Yes! Please! Susan, record it all. I want to see it. If we can...if this works!" Valdmir was giddy with joy.

"Well alright then. I've got all I need to know. Let's go do it." Susan shrugged.

"Somehow I think I've got a bad feeling about this." Josh said uncertainly as he followed Susan out the door.

*******

Together, Josh and Susan stood in the door of the warehouse. It was still dark and empty. Walking through the warehouse, Josh and Susan headed behind the boxes.

"Okay, this is perfect. Let me start the program and try to cause the reaction inside my fission core." Susan said.

At first, there was nothing. Then the air started to tingle with electricity. A strange buzzing was coming from Susan and her eyes started to glow softly. The buzzing became louder and a glow started to come from the destroyed generator. Something inside it started to hum loudly and a spark of electricity crackled from it. The loud whining started again and a strange distortion started to happen in the air around them.

There was a dull noise behind Josh and he turned.

"There they are! Shoot them!" A pair of men in black suits called, pointing at Josh and Susan.

"Susan! We have to..." Josh's voice seemed strange and he stopped as the air in front of them rippled and started to break apart.

Gunfire erupted behind them and Josh cried out in pain, falling forward. Susan caught a few bullets in her midsection and the glowing in space exploded outward into a gaping hole. It consumed Josh and Susan as well as the bullets flying towards them. The world fell into darkness around them and Josh passed out.

*******

Josh's eyes snapped open and he looked around. He was in a plain white room with smooth walls and round corners. He looked down at himself. He was lying in a hospital bed with a raised back on it. What concerned him the most was that he had three black wires stuck in both of his arms. There wasn't any blood, but it looked very worrisome. He looked around again and found Susan sitting in a chair directly next to him. She was slumped back in the chair, sleeping soundly.

There was a hiss and a man walked in. He had on a blue skin-tight jumpsuit and a clean white doctor's jacket. Cold gray hair fluttered around his aged face. He carried a small black device that was glowing and giving off a small hologram in midair.

"Josh, your awake, good. There are some things you need to know." The doctor said, stepping over next to him.

"Doctor...what are these?" Josh asked, looking at the wires in his arms.

"That is part of what you need to know. Josh...we know your a time traveler from twenty thirty. You came here with you android companion through a rip in dimensional space. You are currently in twenty-three thirty. In our day and age, time traveling is possible, but rare and dangerous. Because of the logs on the RX-2000 over there, we found out what transpired to bring you here." The Doctor explained.

"Wait! The gunfire! I was shot! What happened?" Josh asked, looking up at him in fear.

"Well...you and your android were found and rushed here to this hospital...Josh...we couldn't save your body. Your organs were too badly damaged by the hollow point bullets. We tried all we could, but the heart was almost completely destroyed. You went into acute renal failure. Your pancreas was completely ruptured and your large intestine was perforated in multiple places. There was far too much internal bleeding." The Doctor said solemnly.

"W...what...?" Josh said, confused, "Then...what is this? I feel my skin. I feel like I'm perfectly fine."

"Josh...your an android now." The Doctor told him.

"What?!" Josh cried.

"Don't worry. We have your genetics and cells in a cloning chamber. In about six months your body will be fully grown and we can return you to it." The Doctor explained kindly.

"Wh...Really?" Josh said in surprise, "Cloning?"

"Yes. While it's not cheap, the hospital has opted to pay for this on account of your being a time traveler. The hospital's board thought it a good enough scientific venture. But...there's one other complication." The Doctor said.

"What?" Josh said, feeling scared.

"We couldn't get you a new model of android. Your model...is...well...damn, it's older than me. It's probably a two hundred year old unit at least. It's from the same RX series as your android over there actually. Your a 2400 series though. You still contain the same antique fission reactor. Your series of android comes standard with realism modifications and we managed to match your face almost exactly with organic polymer." The Doctor said.

"Almost? What's almost?" Josh asked uncertainly.

"Well...yours is ironically enough...an unfinished model..." The Doctor said, handing him a small hand mirror.

"Ironically? Why..." Josh's voice trailed off.

He looked at himself in the mirror. His face was no different than before. His hair and goatee were exactly the same. However, when he brushed his hair aside, he saw the same white ear pieces that Susan had.

"I'm sorry about this." The Doctor said softly.

"Wait...I'm an android...does that mean I'm going to live as long as Susan?" Josh asked the Doctor.

"Well...her operational time is only about a hundred and fifty years while yours is closer to two hundred. But with proper maintenance and replacement parts, you both could live as long as you want. But that's irrelevant because we're cloning your body right now." The Doctor said.

"I...Thank you Doctor. Is Susan alright?" Josh asked, looking over at her.

"It took about three hours to repair her. But repairing a unit as old as she was took a few salvaged parts and a little bit of a spit-shine, but yes, she's in perfect condition now." The Doctor said, "If you need anything, just click the nurse button on the side of the bed."

"Thank you Doctor." Josh smiled, "A quick question though. If I'm an android, why can't I examine all my systems and things like that? Susan talks all the time like she can examine any of herself and see how it's working."

"We've got you programmed to automatically do everything as if they were just organs. Because of your human consciousness, it is a difficult thing, adapting to having mechanics in you. So we've got programming in you that tricks your consciousness into thinking your in a human body." The Doctor said, "Relax and rest."

"Thank you." Josh nodded as the Doctor left.

Looking back at the mirror, Josh ran a finger up and around the android ears on the side of his head. Sighing, he set down the mirror and laid his head back. He could feel the ear pieces jabbing into the pillow slightly. It seemed so strange. He was apparently three hundred years in the future, was now an android and was waiting for his body to be cloned.

"Josh...your awake...are you feeling alright?" Susan asked quietly, scooting her chair close to his bed.

"I'm like you now." Josh said, looking at her.

"I know...are you...okay?" Susan asked, looking down at his hands.

"I'm fine...Susan...I want to know if you'd spend your life with me." Josh asked quietly, putting his hand on hers.

"Well of course Josh. You're my owner, I have to spend my life with you. I'm happy here." Susan said, nodding.

"Susan...I'm not human anymore...I'm not your owner. I want to know if you want to spend your life with me...not if you have to." Josh said, blushing.

"But you are human. This is only a fake body, you'll be yourself again soon." Susan said, "Only a few months."

"Susan. You don't understand. I love you with all that I am and...this new body...it's an opportunity for us to be together forever." Josh said, looking up into Susan's eyes.

"Josh..." Susan said, aghast at what he was saying.

"I want to be with you forever." Josh said, grasping her hand.

"You...You would be willing to give up...your humanity..." Susan mumbled, "For me?"

Susan looked like she was going to cry in joy. She threw her arms around Josh's neck and kissed him on the lips.

"It's not just you...No more runny noses or tired mornings." Josh smiled, "And no more disease or worry about hurting myself. I can just get repairs."

"Josh..." Susan chuckled, "That's not entirely true, but close enough. I'm tired in the mornings too...a system boot up does take some time."

"You goof. You know what I mean." Josh chuckled, giving her another kiss.

"I love you so much." Susan sighed, sitting up.

"I love..." Josh started.

An earsplitting siren met their ears and a red light filled the room.

"Warning! Warning! Neutron bomb detonation imminent! Doctors and Nurses, please help the patients to the space ships. Evacuate! Evacuate!" A kind woman's voice warned.

A nurse ran into the room.

"Joshua, we're going to have to put you on a low care ship. Can you walk?" The nurse asked as she pulled the black wires from his arms.

"I feel fine. I should be able to." Josh said, watching the silver tipped wires pull out of his arms.

It was a mild shock to him as he saw the electronic servos beneath the flesh as it closed back up.

"Okay, stand up carefully with me here." The nurse said, putting an arm around his shoulders as he sat up.

He stood up uncertainly, but he was standing strong. His limbs felt oddly light and airy.

"Come this way you two. We have a twelve man shuttle that you can board nearby." The nurse said, leading them out into the busy hallway.

They were led down the hall to a long hallway. Josh adjusted the cotton gown around him and made sure Susan was close by. She was wearing a full black skintight suit with white accents.

"In here." She said, clicking the button next to a door with glass windows.

They were pushed into a small room that Josh realized was a small ship. At the end of a ship was a curved front window with two pilot seats. There were five seats on either side of the small ship and four people were already sitting in the ship. None of them looked too injured, most likely just people who had been in the hospital.

"Go on, sit down." One of the occupants said.

Josh and Susan took seats near the door and put on the seat belts. The ship slowly filled and two men in white body suits ran down the center of the ship and took the pilot seats.

"Okay, hold on people. We're taking this fast and rough. We've been informed that the bomb is set to detonate in two minutes of the military crews can't disarm it by then. We'll be taking a twelve hour trip to the United States Moon Station. If everything is okay before then, we'll return." One pilot said as they started to work around the ship's console.

There was a rumbling as the ship started up.

"Don't worry, that's just the emergency thrusters that get us off the ground. We'll be going in three...two...one..." The Pilot said and the ship exploded forward.

The backdoor was sealed tight and they could see out the glass in it. Josh watched the hospital fall below them. It was a large white facility with a large docking of two dozen small ships and six larger ships. The ship rocketed into the sky and the city fell below them. Josh could feel the pressure from the thrusters pushing him against his seat belt. The front of the ship started to glow brightly as they passed through the atmosphere.

"So if it's just a bomb, why evacuate into space? Neutron bombs aren't that big." Josh called over the roar of the engines.

"Not a neutron bomb, a Neutron-Star Bomb! It can split a planet in half! Don't you remember the Mercury tests?!" A man across from him asked.

"No!" Josh cried.

"Mercury was destroyed by a Neutron-Star Bomb! How do you forget something like that?" The man asked.

"I'm an android." Josh said, pointing at his ear, "So was so different about a Neutron-Star bomb?

"Oh, you were probably made after it happened." The man sighed, "A neutron bomb only creates a small explosion and radiation, not a very good weapon. But a neutron star uses a special type of anti-matter and a very complex nuclear reaction inside the bomb to create, literally create, a neutron star where it's set off. The star then begins to destroy everything around it. The star itself is only a few miles across, but the magnetic field produced is equal to that of a Magnetar Neutron Star, thus the name of the bomb. If one actually does go off...well...you would probably see Earth's core."

The rumbling died down as they crossed into space. Gravity fell away and it was a very strange experience. He felt himself lift slightly off the seat and he was totally weightless.

"In case of Neutron Detonation, do not look back at the planet." One of the pilots warned.

There was a few moments of silence.

"So what if there actually is a..." One of the other passengers started, but was cut off by a blinding light.

The entire ship was filled with a white light as a star was born on the surface of the planet. It instantly exploded and scorched the surface, cutting into the crust. An incredible magnetic force instantly started to tear the surface and the atmosphere apart. The ship rumbled with the ripple in space-time put off by the explosion.

"Everyone! Cover your eyes!" The other pilot cried as he put an arm over his head.

Josh closed his eyes quickly as the ship started to rumble from the shock wave. In a few moments, it was all over. The ship darkened and became still.

"What happened? What's going...oh god..." Josh said as he looked out the back window.

The sight was breathtakingly scary. A divot the size of the moon had been cut from the planet. North America was almost completely gone and magma was surging forth from the core. Every tectonic plate across the planet was ringed in fire and thousands of volcanoes could be seen spewing lava into the sky. The earth gave a visible shudder and the fiery lines of the tectonic plates cracked wider.

"Oh god no..." One of the others said.

"I knew there had been threats against Earth...but I would've never guessed...in my time..." Another man said in shock.

Earth cracked further and there was an eruption of magma from the tectonic lines. There was a moment of stillness and then the worst happened.

The planet broke in two, split by the detonation of the Neutron Bomb. The atmosphere could be seen dissipating. The magnetic and gravitational forces of Earth were tearing itself apart. The ship was left in silence, staring at the dying planet as they cruised quietly towards the Moon.

The entire ship suddenly erupted loudly. The back window exploded outward and the wind tore around them, depressurizing the cabin. The front window exploded inward, shredding and killing the pilots. The passengers around them screamed as their bodies were sucked of oxygen and their flesh was bit by the cold air. The air tore past them and the oxygen tanks sprayed wildly into the compartment.

Josh was in as much terror as the rest of them. He gagged as he tried to catch his breath. His mind rolled in terror as he saw his death coming. The ship fell silent as the last of the oxygen rolled out. Susan unbuckled herself and floated over to Josh, who was gagging and grabbing at his throat. She put her hand on his ear and twisted off his communication piece. She replaced it with her own and put his on her ear.

'Josh! I am going to have to return you to the normal programming of an android. It won't be easy and it will put a great strain on your mind. But when I do, you must focus your thoughts on changing yourself to 'vacuum mode'. This will safeguard and prepare your body for the dangers of being in a vacuum. Ready?' Susan's voice came in his head.

He nodded wildly, his eyes wide with fear. Suddenly his head was full of numbers and values. He could see all kinds of markers in his screen as well as data of his surroundings ran through his head. As his mind was overwhelmed, he tried to focus his mind entirely on what she told him to do.

All at once, his gagging stopped and he felt the need for breath leave him. A strange film passed over his eyes and his organic polymer changed itself to protect from the cold. He felt something akin to his heart stopping as his fission core shut off. Power cells mounted where his kidneys would be hummed into life, powering his body. Inside his mind, he felt the batteries start at full capacity and somehow he knew that they would last exactly twenty five hours, six minutes and thirty seconds.

'Good. Now try and sort yourself out. This ship is on autopilot and will still carry us to our destination. I think it was a small asteroid from the exploding planet that caused this.' Susan told him as she started to unbuckle the dead bodies.

'What...what is all of these...numbers and things...' Josh struggled to think past all the data in his head.

'Your body talking to you, giving you reports of how it's doing. Electronic signals telling you what your seeing, hearing and feeling. You'll get used to it as your mind adjusts, or at least I hope you will.' Susan said, pushing the bodies carefully out the small back window.

'Thank...you.' Josh thought.

'Stop trying to talk and focus on understanding what's in your head. That should be the key to adjusting.' Susan said, taking her seat next to him.

Josh closed his eyes and started to examine the millions of data points in his head.

*******

Eleven hours in the empty shuttle, Susan and Josh were quietly thinking back and forth. Their swapped communication pieces let them into each other's minds.

1...45678...17