Art in Reality Ch. 02: Words Slip Out

Story Info
Comfort, trepidation, closeness, desire, emergence.
9.3k words
4.71
6.5k
9

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/18/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the second instalment of this story; I think you would need to read the first part, 'Art in Reality, A New Beginning', to make sense of it.

*****

Chapter 3

Alex stirred.

Katie reached up and gently ran a hand through his hair. He opened his eyes and saw her propped up on one elbow alongside him. Her eyes twinkled in the half light.

'Hello, sleepy,' she whispered.

'Hmmm,' was all he could manage.

His senses were dominated by the feel of her warm, soft skin pressing against him.

'I thought I was dreaming,' he murmured.

Katie broke into a broad smile; teeth flashing in the low light. She slid a hand across his abdomen to embrace him as she lowered her head onto his chest. She felt his heart beating slowly and firmly.

'How did this happen?' he asked.

'I don't know. Lucky stars?'

'Lucky sheep.'

Katie twisted her head to look up at him with a frown.

'The sheep that jumped out in front of me, that made me crash my car,' Alex responded.

'Oh, we've left your car in a ditch.'

'It's fine. Graeme recognised it yesterday and sent me a text. He said he would pull it out and drop it off here this morning.'

'Who's Graeme?'

'One of my neighbours. He owns the farm on the left as you come up the drive. Lovely guy. Salt of the earth. He'll pull it out with a tractor.'

'Oh, that's a useful neighbour to have.'

'Yep. He's a nice chap.'

Katie nestled her head back down more comfortably on Alex's chest.

'Lucky sheep,' she murmured.

Her mind drifted. She replayed little moments with Alex, that made her feel all warm and fuzzy. She keenly avoided any thoughts of what happens next.

Alex's stomach rumbled.

'You trying to tell me something?' Katie asked.

'Sorry?'

'Your tummy rumbled.'

'Oh, sorry.'

'Shall I make you some breakfast?' Katie asked, as she circled a hand over his abdomen.

'Let me make something for you.'

'I don't really eat in the morning, thank you. I'd like to make something for you. As long as you set a fairly low expectation.'

Alex softly snorted a laugh.

'Okay.'

'Do you have eggs?'

'Yeah.'

'Bread?'

'Yep.'

'Good. I don't think I can screw up scrabbled eggs on toast too badly. Is that okay?'

'Perfect.'

Katie sat up.

'Oh. Can't you make breakfast from here?' Alex complained and kept a hand firmly clasped on one of Katie's hips.

She twisted round to smile down at him.

'I'll come back,' she said, then leant down to place a kiss on his forehead. She then slipped out of bed and walked to the door.

Alex watched her go, fixating particularly on her beautiful, naked bottom as it departed. He blew a soft wolf-whistle just as Katie reached the doorway.

'Cheeky,' she retorted over her shoulder with a grin, and then disappeared through the door.

Alex dropped his head back onto the pillow and stared up at the ceiling.

'Wow,' he whispered to himself.

He heard the bathroom light click on and the muffled sound of the toilet flushing a minute later; then assorted clinks and taps from the kitchen as Katie was obviously looking around for breakfast-making tools.

The sight of her slender form, the vivid memories from the day before and his elevated morning testosterone levels, combined to make his manhood stir for attention.

A sticky, morning-after penis is not the most attractive thing, he realised. So he clambered out of bed and slipped on a pair of boxer shorts, before heading for the kitchen.

He stuck his head around the door and could not help being slightly disappointed to see Katie had put his dressing gown on. She appeared to have found everything needed for breakfast and was just about to crack an egg into a mixing jug.

'Have I got time...' Alex began to ask.

Katie nearly jumped out of her skin and dropped the egg she was holding. It did not fall far enough onto the counter to crack, but she scrabbled quickly to catch it before it rolled off and onto the floor.

When she had regained it, she turned and gave Alex a withering look.

'Sorry,' he apologised.

'How much shell do you like in your scrambled eggs?' she grinned.

'Just a little please.'

'Did you want something, or did you sneak up on me just to keep me on my toes?'

'I wondered if I had time for a quick shower?'

'Yes,' she said with playful snappiness.

'Thank you chef. Sorry to bother you chef. Won't happen again chef.'

Alex bowed his head obsequiously as he departed.

In the shower, Alex washed his hair first, then the rest of his body. His mind kept thrusting vivid memories of Katie into his consciousness. Along with rubbing himself with shower gel, he quickly became fully erect.

He looked down at his pulsing cock. His mind's eye replayed the sight of it sliding into Katie's body the night before.

'Not helping,' he said to himself.

He did not want to look like a horny teenager with a one track mind.

He flipped the shower control over to cold.

'Oh shit,' he could not help but exclaim, as the water hit him much colder than he had expected.

He gritted his teeth and turned slowly on the spot until the freezing jet was hitting him square on the chest. He managed about a minute under the stream before he had to turn the water off.

Alex was aware that the cold had done the trick, as he stepped out of the shower. He tried very hard to not think about either his own body or Katie's, as he dried himself. Instead he thought about what might happen next. The unhappy prospect of Katie leaving was enough to keep his physical excitement dampened. He reached absently at the back of the door until his fingers brushed against the wood.

Oh yes, he thought, she was wearing his dressing gown.

Alex swapped his wet towel for a dry one off the radiator, and wrapped it around his waist.

After stepping out of the bathroom and into the hallway, Alex called out, 'I'm about to stick my head around the kitchen door again, in a not making you jump kind of way.'

When he looked into the kitchen, he saw Katie sat at the table, on the corner, next to a place that had clearly been set for him. There was a plate with a slice of toast and scrambled eggs piled on top; a knife, fork, glass of orange juice and two cups of coffee. Alex also caught the distinct smell of burnt toast on the air.

'I'll just get dressed,' he said to Katie.

'Come and eat first,' she replied, and tapped the back of the chair next to herself, 'I wouldn't be surprised if being hot is the only good thing about this breakfast.'

Alex smiled and walked into the room under Katie's watchful gaze.

'It looks great,' he said as he sat down.

'Cooking has never been my forte. So lower your expectations right now.'

Alex took up the cutlery and cut a section of toast and eggs. As he raised it to his mouth he caught a quick glimpse of the underside, which had clearly been scraped with a knife to remove the worst of the burnt bits. On contact, he confirmed that the eggs were as overdone and dry as they looked.

'Mmmm,' he murmured as he chewed and nodded.

'Just about edible?' Katie asked hopefully.

'Very edible. Very nice. Thank you,' Alex assured her.

Katie smiled and visibly relaxed.

He was going to have to clear the whole plate, Alex realised.

The two sat silently together; Alex washing the food down with orange juice and Katie sipping coffee.

When he finished the meal, Alex place his knife and fork together and pushed the plate away; then wrapped his hands around his coffee mug.

The quiet suddenly seamed to hang in the air.

Neither of them were accustomed to morning-after small-talk.

Alex caught Katie's eye and they held each other's gaze.

After a moment they both burst into a small giggle. Under the table, Katie pounced her feet forward and stroked them against Alex's legs. Alex leaned in towards Katie, who met him with a light kiss.

'What's the weather supposed to be doing today?' Alex asked mildly.

Katie grinned, 'no idea.'

'I think it's supposed to be clear again.'

'Uh huh.'

They lapsed into silence again. Although Katie was softly sliding one of her toes up and down Alex's shins, under the table.

'Will you...'

'Can I...'

They both started to speak simultaneously.

'Ladies first,' Alex invited Katie to continue.

'No after you,' Katie batted it back.

'Um, will you, hang around with me again today?'

Katie reached out and hooked her hand behind Alex's neck. She pulled him towards herself and pushed a deep kiss onto his lips. He brushed his fingers across her cheek and slid them through her hair. Their tongues gently met and playfully teased each other's lips as they kissed.

When they separated, Alex raised an eyebrow.

'Was that a yes?'

In the instant before Katie could reply, there was a strong rat-a-tat-tat knock on the front door.

It made them both jump.

'Who can that be?' Alex looked around towards the hallway. 'Oh shit it must be Graeme with my car.'

Alex had not noticed Katie slip one hand under the table and take a hold of the towel that was around his waist. As he jumped to his feet, the towel whipped away.

Alex stalled completely. Naked, he instantly blushed bright red. His instincts collided, as his hands moved to cover his genitals even as he turned back towards Katie to see what had happened to the towel.

Katie, was making no secret of checking him out. The mix of shock, confusion and embarrassment on Alex's face made her snort with a laugh that she could not contain. She raised both her hands up to cover her grin. The towel, still held in her hand, came up too, revealing her trick and adding a playfully guilty look to her smirking face.

After a fraction of a second, realising how silly it was to hide his body from her, Alex adopted a carefully sculpted look of indignation, lowered his hands to his sides, and stood up straight and proud.

'You'll pay for that.'

Katie bit on the towel to stifle her laugh. She lowered her head and looked up at him with big puppy-dog eyes, in a silent, but mocking, plea for forgiveness.

Alex turned smartly on the spot and walked with stiff dignity out of the kitchen.

Katie watched his tasty, clenched buttocks as he departed.

'Is that you Graeme?' Alex called through the front door.

'Aye.'

'Give me just a minute could you? I just got out the shower.'

'Right oh.'

Alex went into the bedroom and quickly threw some clothes on, before going back to the hallway and opening the front door.

Katie stayed out of sight in the kitchen. She could hear most of the exchange going on outside.

'Morning.'

'Good morning Graeme. Thank you so much.'

'No bother.'

'I thought you would have towed it back with a tractor?'

'No need. I pulled it out the hole with the tractor. But there's nothing wrong with it, so I drove it up here.'

Graeme had such a thick west country accent that it made Katie giggle. It was such a stereotype of a British farmer's voice; lyrically bouncing through syllables and rolling the vowels.

'I used those spare keys you gave me,' Graeme continued.

'Oh I'd forgotten I'd given them to you.'

'Well I've got them safe. So safe I couldn't find them at first. Took me a while.'

'Did it feel like there was any damage?'

'No, none at all. I had a look under it too. It was just stuck in the mud. Bit dirty mind. Drove fine. Though I see you went a bought yourself a new one anyway.'

'No! That belongs to a friend of mine.'

'How did you end up in that hole?'

'A sheep jumped out. I dodged it and took a dive.'

'Oh right. Probably one of Terry's. I'll tell him to do a count up and check his fences.'

'I hope it found it's way home.'

'Aye, it won't have gone far. Well I best be off. Supposed to be cutting hedges for the council.'

'Do you need a lift?'

'No no. Tom followed along in the tractor. He's at the bottom of the hill. No point bringing it up here to turn around.'

'Okay. Well thanks very much again.'

'No bother.'

'Very kind of you.'

'Shall I keep hold of your keys?'

'Please. If you don't mind?'

'They'll go back in my safe place as soon as I get home.'

'Thank you.'

'Cheerio then.'

'See you, bye.'

When Alex stepped back into the hallway he found Katie waiting under the arch of the kitchen door.

'Whilst you've got your shoes on, would you mind getting my phone out of my car?' she asked.

'Course not,' Alex replied.

Katie held out her car key, which she had retrieved from the pocket of her jeans.

'Thanks. I'd forgotten all about it. I think it's still plugged in to the charger, in the centre shelf bit.'

Alex went back outside and ducked into Katie's car. When he unplugged her phone the screen came on, and he could not help but notice the notifications, which indicated seventeen missed calls and twenty three text messages.

Back in the hallway, Alex handed Katie the phone and then took his shoes off.

'Crikey,' she exclaimed.

'Everything all right?'

'Yeah,' Katie replied as she tapped and scrolled on the phone, 'spend a day with the phone not glued to your hand and everyone thinks you've fallen off the face of the earth.'

Alex chuckled.

'Though, my agent seams to be desperate to speak to me, I think I'll have to give him a call. Sorry.'

'That's okay,' Alex smiled, 'you go in the living room and I'll wash up.'

'Oh no I should tidy up my mess.'

'Don't be silly. The royal family are obviously desperate for a new portrait. Go call your agent.'

'Thanks.'

Katie meandered into the living room and Alex set about tidying up the kitchen. He could hear her voice, but could not make out any words over the washing up.

It went quiet just as he was done. Guessing she had finished her phone call, Alex wandered into the lounge.

Katie was sitting on the arm of the sofa, staring down at her phone.

'All right?' Alex asked lightly.

Katie looked up at him.

'Yeah.'

'Okay.'

Katie stared blankly.

'It was for a portrait for the queen?'

'No. Better.'

Silence.

'You're going to have to give me a clue.'

Katie swallowed.

'Lancour wants to meet me,' she stated slowly.

'Lancour; of the Lancour gallery I assume?'

'Yes. The, Lancour. He wants to go for dinner, to discuss exhibiting my work.'

'Brilliant.'

'Brilliant. It's. Fucking. Amazing!' Katie blossomed into a huge smile, then jumped up and ran into Alex's arms. He caught her and span around on the spot as she hugged him tight.

Katie laughed crazily, then pushed Alex away to arms length.

'It's incredible,' she exclaimed, then dragged him back and slammed a kiss onto his lips.

Alex hugged her.

'Congratulations.'

She pushed him back to arms length again and stared into his eyes.

'Holy shit.'

'When does he want to meet you?'

'Oh shit! Tomorrow,' Katie replied anxiously.

'Oh shit,' she then said softly, 'tomorrow.'

She dropped her arms down to her sides and lowered her eyes.

'I'll have to go,' she added sadly.

'Of course you have to go,' Alex stated, confused by the sudden sombreness.

'I mean, I'll have to leave. Here,' Katie looked back up into Alex's eyes.

'That's okay,' Alex smiled, 'you can come back.'

'Can I?'

'Yes!'

Katie exploded into smiles again and launched herself back into Alex's arms.

Alex stumbled backwards and grinned at Katie's child-like joy.

'Or I could tag along?' Alex added.

Katie let go, to push back and look him in the eyes again.

'You'll come with me?' she asked earnestly.

'If you like.'

'To London?'

'Yes.'

'With me?'

'Yes.'

'And to dinner?'

'Yes.'

'With Lancour?'

'If you'd like?'

'Yes!' Katie squealed and launched herself forward.

Alex caught her mid air as she crashed into him, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck and shoulders. He clapped his hands onto her bum to support her weight.

'Can you recommend anywhere I could stay in London?' Alex asked.

Katie pulled her head back to look at him. She was in such a daze, she was not totally sure he was joking.

'You can stay with me. If you can bear it?' she asked.

'Hmmm. Does it come with any perks? Mini-bar? Room service?' he responded.

Katie lowered her legs back to the floor and pulled away from Alex. She then took three steps backwards, yanked the waist cord undone and pulled her dressing gown wide open.

She was completely naked underneath.

Alex rolled his eyes down her body. Though he had seen her in the soft lamplight of his bedroom, this was a very different experience from the previous night. With bright morning sunlight streaming through the windows, it was like looking at a sculpture of a pristine, marble goddess.

Alex stood dumbfounded. His surge of arousal felt base and uncivilised, as it clashed with his purer sense of aesthetic appreciation. His fierce desire to seize her was over-ridden by ingrained cultural restraint. She was a vision of such perfection; he could not touch a work of art. Alex was both enthralled and intimidated.

Katie stood frozen; her self conscious exposure was tempered by liberation. Her vulnerability was balanced by the rush of power she felt; the power over him she clearly had, as he stood gaping at her body, dumbstruck. It was thrillingly erotic.

The moment stretched on, building thundercloud tension in the air.

Both of them wanted each other, urgently; but neither could break the trance of anticipation.

Katie felt her body preparing for sex. Her ego warred with her desire. Her confidence craved fuel.

'Well?' she jabbed Alex out of his voyeuristic reverie.

In Alex's eyes she was instantly humanised.

Statues do not lust for compliments.

It jolted him out of his awe struck worship and enabled him to reassert the balance.

'Are you going to make a habit of that?' he asked.

He held power too.

Katie's intellectual indignation clashed with her emotional desire to submit.

'Well if you're not interested?' she fought to resist. Though she knew he had her; he had only to reach out and she would willing give herself to him.

'Because if you are, you'll have to take responsibility for stealing my soul,' Alex stated.

Katie's heart melted. She was completely disabled. Lost for words, actions and thoughts.

Alex stepped forward and pulled the dressing gown closed around her body.

She felt the sensual softness of the material brushing across her burning skin and fought every ounce of instinct to throw it back open, as her body screamed for attention. She was desperate to feel his hands on her; to feel his body against her own.

'I'll never let you leave this house, if you flaunt such temptations in front of me,' Alex explained.

Katie could not process her flood of emotions. The implications of the depth of her feelings swept away the physical desire of the moment. She was overwhelmed.

'I'm going to get dressed.'

She fled the room.

*****

Alex sat on the arm of the sofa, where he could see the bathroom door. When Katie emerged, she was wearing her own clothes. Jeans that hugged her hips and thighs, and a close fitting T-shirt that accentuated her curves. Although it lacked the direct thrill of seeing her naked; being concealed added a tension between what his eyes could see and what his mind knew lay beneath.

Alex saw her hesitate, after she briefly made eye contact with him across the space. Despite her moments of flirtatious confidence, Alex recognised an element of vulnerability in her.

He stayed seated and opened his arms, beckoning her to come to him. When she came within reach, he placed his hands lightly on her hips and looked up at her.

'I would love to come with you, but I would understand if you changed your mind,' he told her softly.

'What?'

'If this is going a bit too quickly. I don't have to come to London with you. Or I could stay in a hotel if I did.'