As You Wish, My Lord

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unfortunately, he hadn't budged on troop counts, but at least she forced him to assume full control over the deployment. Let him manage all the petty little administrative details. For a while there, she'd worried that she would be stuck with that annoyance. What a relief to let someone else to shoulder the burden. Rosalyn had every confidence that Lord Ambrose would handle it for the best. That part of the agreement had cost even more men, but it was worth the sacrifice.

"But where are my manners. It is getting late, and I'm sure you are growing tired."

"Well, just a little," she said.

"Of course, of course. How terribly rude of me to delay you so."

He offered his hand and helped her up. When she rose, she found herself standing particularly close. Rosalyn looked up at him. He had such interesting eyes. Though she couldn't describe it, she felt... something. Some sort of connection. Almost as though-

Realizing she'd been staring, Rosalyn blushed and stammered.

"Thank you for the hospitality, my lord."

He was still holding her hand in his, and brought it once more to his mouth. She shuddered a bit as his lips pressed against the back of her hand. Perhaps she'd been too hard on him. There was more to this man than she'd given him credit for. They had reached an agreement tonight, yet there was alway more council business to discuss. Maybe they should do this again some time.

Sometime soon.

"I assure you," he said with a smile, "the pleasure was all mine."

Lady Rosalyn Emory rode back in silence, pleased at a job well done.

And at a night well spent.

12