Ash Covered Memories

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're almost there Sir."

Wade's return to awareness was as sudden as his departure.

"Thank you," he answered. But neither his heart nor his mind was in the present. Both were back at the hill, back with young Thorne, and the decision he had made.

Wade removed two items from his pockets, the picture and the gun. He looked at the gun's handle mounted indicator. When he had left it with Thorne, the display had shown a count of two. Now it showed one. Thorne had used one shot. One was all he had needed to end his pain. One pull of the trigger had saved him from the horror of eggs being laid, and the destruction of new life hatching. Just one--and one was all that was left.

The picture now showed four complete people. The only shadows seemed to live in Wade's younger eyes. Thorne's face smiled up at him. There was no blame in Thorne's eyes, or in the eyes of Wade's wife and son. Yet still the pain remained inside, for he had never forgiven himself.

"I wonder," Wade thought to himself, "how many shots it would take to end my pain?"

12