Ashley and Jonah

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Jonathan was stunned, and then his face lit up in a huge smile. "Dammit!" He took out his wallet and took out a dollar. "I can't believe I lost this bet. You always said their hating each other was a smokescreen."

Jonathan then faced Ashley, "Ashley, I am so happy. Penelope and I have been hoping you two would get together. Now, you must call her to help plan the wedding, How far along are you?" He asked as if he was just told, he gained a new account.

"Um, Mr. Fiat, this was not planned..." Ashley tried to explain.

Jonathan laughed, "Maybe not, but I have a new granddaughter on the way. So we need to get ready."

He faced Jonah. "Well, son, when did you plan on sharing this news with us? I know you like your secrets, but If I find out you made her hide my grandchild then..."

"Mr. Fiat, I didn't tell him." Ashley interjected in Jonah's defense.

She defended him. Jonah smiled. "Dad, she had her reasons and let's just say something that I said caused her reaction."

Jonathan frowned at him. Leavy laughed, "I want an invitation to the wedding. And it needs to be soon. Now, Ashley, you need to get back to work and Jonah you need to go to work as well." Leavy suggested.

Jonah faced Ashley, "Dr. Guber said..." He stopped.

"The doctor said what?" his father demanded.

"Jonah, I am perfectly capable of knowing when I need rest. I am fine as well as the baby. Please, go and let me do my job." Ashley insisted.

Leavy and Jonathan shared a look. Jonah backed down, and Jonathan was surprised. "Ok, I'll leave, but I'm picking you up for lunch at noon, and when you get off later. You said we could talk and tonight we will." Jonah explained. Then his father stood, and he apologized to Leavy.

"Mr. Leavy, I do apologize for the disturbance I caused earlier. It won't happen again sir." He explained.

*****

Ashley stood to leave and Leavy excused her. She reported back to her office. She was not naive enough to think Jonah's visit would blow over and she was right. She was summoned back to Leavy's office.

"Ashley, I want you to know that I am happy for you and Young Jonah. The problem is, Fiat is our biggest rival. Many people on our board of directors feel that you now have a conflict of interest. So, sadly, we are asking you to resign. I will say this, I am giving you a glorious recommendation for this position in another company." Leavy smiled, "I'm sure, Fiat already had a position ready for you." He sighed once more, "Ashley, thank you for your time with this company, and please have your resignation on my desk by noon."

Ashley thanked him for the opportunity to work for him, as he shook her hand. Ashley went to her small work area and cleaned out her desk. People around her whispered. They wondered what was going on. Soon, Lana, from pay roll came to her desk and had her sign some confidentiality forms. After she signed, security was called, and they carried her box as they escorted her from the building. As she exited the building, Jonah drove up. Leavy called his office and told him she was coming downstairs, and he needed to meet her.

Ashley glared at him. She had just lost her job and here he was pretending to be Prince Charming. Jonah drove Ashley home. She went inside and he carried her materials. Placing the things on the table, Jonah waited for her to explode at him. She did not. Ashley faced him. She was afraid, worried, but refused to break in front of him.

Jonah waited and then she asked him to leave. Jonah froze. "I can't. I cost you your job and I have to make sure you and the baby are safe."

"My baby and I are not your concern, Jonah. You have done enough. Please leave me alone. I want you to go." Ashley insisted, near tears.

Jonah knew she was upset and did not want to leave, but she needed space. "OK, but look, here's my number. If you need anything, call me. OK." He whispered.

Ashely took the number and followed him to her door. She needed to cry, so laying on her sofa, she cried. She had just lost her job, she had a mortgage and a new baby on the way. She did not want to move back home with her Mom. She cried for the longest and then the pain started. It scared her. Then she had to relive herself, when she noticed that she was spotting. Trying not to panic, Ashley found Jonah's number and called. He answered immediately.

Within seconds, he was at her home. Placing her in his car, he rushed her to the hospital where she was taken back immediately.

Jane met her brother at the hospital. He was so afraid, and she went back to check on Ashley. She was recovering. Dr. Guber called for Jonah. She explained that Ashley's pregnancy was high risk. She was to be monitored from now on. As Jonah talked with Guber, her mother and sisters arrived.

A'Shira and Ashanti took over immediately. Their little sister was coming home and they were taking care of them. Jonah wanted to protest immediately, but her grandmother spoke.

"Ah, so you are the young man that took advantage of my grandbaby." She added.

Jonah faced the much older woman and started to explain. She laughed. Then she hugged him and told him that from now on he'd better take care of both of them.

Soon, Ashley needed rest and everyone left except Jonah. He left her alone earlier and he was never leaving her side again. Ashley doze, but when she awoke, Jonah's head lay next to hers on her pillow. She smiled and somehow knew everything would work out.

Eventually, she was released, and Jonah drove her to his home. He spoke with her mother and grandmother and asked that if she and the grandmother would be willing to move into Ashley's house, as she was moving in with him. Her mother agreed, but only if this was what Ashley wanted.

Arrangements were made, and the family shifted. A'Shira stayed at the small home they grew up in. Ashanti moved back in with her, eliminating the need to pay rent and saving money. Ashanti had her Mom and grandma near. Months past and she grew heavier, and Jonah went insane. She could not sneeze without him overreacting.

*****

The night her daughter was born, Jonah had to work late. Penelope happened to be visiting as were her mother and grandmother. At first, Ashley just felt strange, then her back began to hurt. As everyone visited, the grandmothers wanted to make sure the nursery was stocked.

Alice and Penelope already had plans to spoil their granddaughter. A'Shira was at work, but Ashanti had both boys with her. The first thing the boys asked was where was Grandpa Jonathan?

Ashley was quiet. Then she grimaced slightly. Alice noticed but pretended not to. Then she had another pain ten minutes later which caused her to groan. Penelope sat beside her, and gave her lower back a rub. She was used to her future mother-in-law touching her, so it was not unusual. Both Penelope and Alice shared a look. Alice suggested to Ashanti that she get the boys ready; they needed to be prepared to go.

Ashely all of a sudden has to go to the bathroom. As she was getting ready to leave, she screamed for her mother. "Momma, momma, Oh God."

Alice and Penelope rushed to the bathroom where Ashley was standing in a big puddle. Her water had broken. Taking charge, the grandmothers knew what to do. Taking Ashanti's van, the women headed to the hospital. Alice called ahead while Penelope helped Ashley remain calm. Jonah and the others would meet them there.

All three women accompanied her to the hospital where her frazzled fiancé rushed in. Joining Ashley in delivery, Jonah was a nervous wreck. He held her hand, cried as she labored to bring their daughter into the world. He gained a new respect for her as a woman when he saw his child be born. His daughter's first cry was a sound he would always remember. Then he was giving the clamp to cut the cord.

The nurse whisked her away as he returned to Ashley unable to speak. Then the nurse brought their newly swaddled daughter and placed her in her mother's arms.

Jonah was awed. He was a father. He had the most amazing family, and as soon as it was permissible, he and Ashley were getting married. "Jasmine, I want to name her Jasmine." Ashley whispered, enthralled with her small but beautiful little girl.

Jonah smiled, "Jasmine Anika Fiat is a perfect name." He was there when Jasmine was born and he knew it was the right place to be. She was the most beautiful baby. Jonah fell in love instantly. The nurses took the baby and helped Ashley us as they moved her to a private room. A few minutes later the family entered. Everyone was checking to make sure Ashley was alright, but no one asked Jonah how he was doing. He watched, still dumbfounded.

After some time had passed, a nurse came bringing in the princess of honor. She placed the baby gently in her mother's arms. Alice held her granddaughter first. Followed by Penelope. Both women declared that she was the prettiest baby born that day. Jonathan smiled as he admired his newest family member and congratulated his son. Jonah and his father walked out because Jonathan needed to speak with him privately.

"Son, I know this is a big day for you. How are you holding up?" Jonathan asked. He recalled being so nervous when each of his children were born.

"Dad, I'm fine. Ashley, thought, man, she is a rock star in my book right now. I'm glad men don't have to give birth. The human race would become extinct. " Jonah sighed. "I need to marry her, Dad. I need for the three of us to be a real family."

Jonathan nodded. "I understand, but you can't force a woman to marry you son. Be patient, with love and not giving in, you'll win her over."Then he smiled. "Now, my granddaughter is here and absolutely perfect. I already had this talk with Rick and Jane, and we have a plan in place for Haley. Now we need to make plans for Jasmine. No boys around her until she's at least thirty-five. She will have a full guard with her when she goes anywhere, and if anyone messes with her, they will be dealt with accordingly."

Jonah laughed, "Dad, I like the way you think. I just hope Ashley agrees."

"She won't. The women never do. They think I go overboard." Jonathan sighed. "I want you to know, she will be protected and loved. Ashley will have doubts. Her doubts are understandable, so don't dismiss them. Ok, son." He added for effect. Soon the two returned, as Uncle Luke held his niece and Aunt Macy gave him directions. The women chuckled, because in a few months, Luke and Macy would welcome their little one. Auntie Jane wanted another turn of holding the baby, but like Auntie A'Shira and Auntie Ashanti, she had to wait. The three did not mind, they had plenty of time to spoil her.

Soon the family had to leave, and Jonah bid them good night. Jasmine was sleeping in the bassinet as he gazed at her, still awed by her beauty.

Ashley was tired, but she needed to hold her daughter. "Pass her to me, please." She whispered.

Jonah placed Jasmine in her mother's arms. The baby opened her blue eyes and looked at her Mom. Ashley held her so close as tears streamed down her cheeks. Her baby was absolutely beautiful. She could not believe she thought of ending her pregnancy for one moment. Jonah watched his family and he knew that no matter what, he was taking care of them. Moving over to her Ashley held their daughter, he whispered for the first time "Ashley, I love you."

She gasped as her eyes met his. Then she smiled and replied, "Me too." His heart raced. He was excited, happy, and scared all at once. Ashley yawned, and Jonah took the baby and place her in the bassinet.

"Marry me. As soon as we go home, we can have a private ceremony, just us and the family. Let's make this right. We are a family, Ash. We belong together." Jonah whispered. She didn't hear him because she had fallen asleep.

Jonah yawned, and he too dozed. He sat beside her bed, watching her. She was always so beautiful to him, and he knew they would be together for all time. He just had to convince her to become his wife. Yawning, Jonah then too, drifted off to sleep.

The small family slept. The next morning, they were dismissed, and Jonah drove his family home. For the first time in his life, he was content. He was marrying the girl of his dream, he had a beautiful daughter, and not only that he had two new nephews that worshipped the ground he walked on.

*****

A few months after Jasmine was born, Jonah and Ashley married in a private ceremony. Both families were overjoyed and Jonathan declared Keon and JaKoby his grandsons. The two boys were overjoyed as Grandpa Jonathan was determined to spoil them rotten.

One night after they had been married a few months, Alice was keeping Jasmine, giving Ashely and Jonah a night alone. Jonah held his wife as he recalled how this moment came about.

"Ashley, thank you for giving me a chance to prove myself to you. I know I never say it enough, but I love you Ashley. I love you." He whispered.

Ashley smiled, "As I love you, Jonah." Jonah kissed his wife and soon they both took a much needed nap.

THE END

As I said earlier, this is a short story. I hope you enjoyed it. Please share your thoughts. I'd love to know what you think.

Again, thank you for reading.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers